These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Ship Crew Members - Do they exist?

First post
Author
flank steak
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#21 - 2011-11-28 14:01:50 UTC
Wacktopia wrote:
*cough*rip-off idea*cough*

Screw that game
My Postman
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#22 - 2011-11-28 15:24:24 UTC
OK, for adding immersion.

1)I don´t want 5.000 npc´s standing around in MY CQ.Shocked, but it´s ok for these 1 to 5 exotic dancers.

2) I don´t want to see MILLIONS of npc´s walking around in stantions, if this feature will ever come.
Metal Icarus
Star Frontiers
Brotherhood of Spacers
#23 - 2011-11-28 16:03:35 UTC
Damage control is like a crew if you think about it. When it is on, the crew is at stations, ready to repair damage. Also, if it was the crew, then there should be ones that benefits all types of things. I guess that module would be called "Variable Crew"

Crews that specialize in things like DAMAGE, or EWAR, MIssles, Guns, Drones....

Just my 2 cents.
JC Anderson
RED ROSE THORN
#24 - 2011-11-28 16:30:35 UTC
From The Eve Chronicles - The Jovian Wet Grave

"This is a capsule," Anu said to the Caldari. "It is used to control a ship. With it a ship a big as this one can be controlled with only a handful of crew and smaller ships, like your frigates, can even be controlled by a single person."
"How is this possible?" Ouriye asked. He was obviously skeptical, even if he didn't seem as surprised by what Anu said as the other Caldari.
"The controller, captain if you like, of the ship is stationed inside the capsule. Through it, he's neural rigged to all parts of the ship. The capsule is like one gigantic computer, with the captain at the core, controlling everything." Any answered.
"But how can a single man control a whole ship?" Ouriye pressed.
"Thank you, captain, I was coming to that. As I said, the captain acts as the central unit in a highly advanced computer. This role allows him to access and evaluate data at extreme pace. He can easily handle the jobs it takes 5 or 10 people to do normally. It also makes him a better commander, he has better understanding and awareness of his environment and he's not boggled down by tedious crew management issues and frequent communication breakdowns are now history." Anu finished, looking over the faces of the thoughtful Caldari standing before him.
"So what is the downside?" Pirkotan asked. "There is always a downside."
"Not in this case, lieutenant," Anu replied. "The capsule offers greater control to ships, yet fewer crew members. As you know one of the biggest costs in maintaining a ship is training the crew, this cost is now much reduced. We Jovians are not numerous, yet we can field a very formidable fleet because of capsules."
"So what about this capsule controller? Can anybody control this thing?" Ouriye probed, obviously eager to garner as much knowledge as he could about these capsules.
"Not anybody, no," Any answered. "The controller must have the required neural implants."
Pirkotan fingered the newly planted implants at the back of his neck; a grim realization dawning in his mind.
"But why this huge structure? Couldn't the controller simply be strapped into a neural chair?" Ouriye inquired.
"The neural riggings for the capsule are much more elaborate and advanced than those you know, captain; they require the user to be in complete stasis for efficient usage. The capsule is filled with a fluid, in which the captain floats. This fluid filters out all external interferences, as well as protecting and nourishing the captain." One of the Jovian aides had now opened a hologram blueprint of the capsule and Anu used it while explaining how it was built. "Also, the capsule has extremely strong armor, giving even more protection to the captain. We Jovians do not like unnecessary squandering of lives." Pirkotan thought Anu said this last sentence with an unusual fervor.
Valeroth Kyarmentari
Verdant Rampart
#25 - 2011-11-28 19:43:13 UTC
Here's a link to the wiki the readers of this thread might find interesting. Nothing is really official until it gets implemented... but interesting to look at.

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/New_Eden_crew_guidelines
CCP Delegate Zero
C C P
C C P Alliance
#26 - 2011-11-28 19:56:18 UTC
Valeroth Kyarmentari wrote:
Here's a link to the wiki the readers of this thread might find interesting. Nothing is really official until it gets implemented... but interesting to look at.

Nevertheless, that information's pretty official. Blink

Just remember, typical cases != all cases.

Have fun,
DZ

CCP Delegate Zero | Content Designer - Writer | @CCPDelegateZero

Zakuak
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#27 - 2011-11-28 20:07:02 UTC
Well very good link there. I had no idea! Shocked

Now if we could just option view from the bridge...omg that would be epic cool.
opati
Gilbatron Heavy Industries
#28 - 2011-11-28 20:08:53 UTC
Zakuak wrote:
Well very good link there. I had no idea! Shocked

Now if we could just option view from the bridge...omg that would be epic cool.

sadly we are not on the bridge, we are swimming in a bunch of green goo in a capsule :/
Tear Miner
Doomheim
#29 - 2011-11-28 20:10:36 UTC
Pinaculus wrote:
The first time I did a hard bank into a top-speed close orbit so I could actually use my blasters, I ended up having to sponge my crew off the back wall. I haven't replaced them since, which has actually made my ship much lighter.

Lies, Gallente ships can't do hard banks, only dramiels and Winmatar.

Try again.
CCP Phantom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#30 - 2011-11-28 20:28:16 UTC
Moved from General Discussion.

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer

BLACK-STAR
#31 - 2011-11-28 20:30:44 UTC  |  Edited by: BLACK-STAR
Would like to see crews and officers implemented some how. There's hundreds of threads for crew ideas.

Someday if done, capsuleers could use crews for +bonuses. Tactical (+fleet), science (+astrometrics), engineer (+systems) and electronics (+ewar), gunnery (+weapon specializations), technicians (+dmg ctrl and logistics), racial commanders (+crew bonus of same race), slaves (+something).

I omitted exotic dancers from the list since they might be too distracting for a pilot.

I think probably, crews should be treated like removable ship implants. Crews can be used by training some new social skills. and crews die with the ship since it would be too silly to pull someone alive from a popsicle wreck.
Feligast
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2011-11-28 21:58:26 UTC
CCP Delegate Zero wrote:
Valeroth Kyarmentari wrote:

Nevertheless, that information's pretty official. Blink

Just remember, typical cases != all cases.

Have fun,
DZ

Top Contributors For This Page

CCP Delegate Zero [3]

I SEE WUT YOU DID THAR
Previous page12