These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

high sec - ganking

First post
Author
Xearal
Dead's Prostitutes
DARKNESS.
#41 - 2014-03-02 14:21:24 UTC
Dear OP,

You are either
A) A troll and bad at it. 1/10
B) A dramaqueen
C) Someone who doesn't get the concept of Eve

Please select the most appropriate description of yourself, then give me your stuffs and biomass yourself.

Oh, and to disprove that Tippia never agrees with anybody...

Tippia, 1 + 2 = 3, do you agree?

Does railgun ammunition come in Hollow Point?

Salvos Rhoska
#42 - 2014-03-02 14:24:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Salvos Rhoska
Seriously, someone tell me one high-sec activity that is potentially more profitable to a new low SP/ISK player, than participating in predating on multimillion/billion fat ships by ganking?

Is it not also a wonderful opportunity to meet other players and learn the basics of fleet behavior, by participating with 6+ other individuals in a gank?

Who better than new players, to remind old players of proper ship security procedures and precautions?
To remind them of the Golden Rules that apply to everyone, young and old, everywhere in space?

It reverses the paradigm of more experienced/SP/ISK laden players usually having the upperhand on new players elsewhere in space. Through ganking, new players are uniquely positioned to leverage their situation against fat old and lazy players right in their own backyard.

Its perfect for new players. Poetic, almost.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#43 - 2014-03-02 14:26:27 UTC
Xearal wrote:
As long as you're not trying to use some odd base or complex number form. Sure.
Doireen Kaundur
Doomheim
#44 - 2014-03-02 14:46:19 UTC
Xearal wrote:
Dear OP,

You are either
A) A troll and bad at it. 1/10
B) A dramaqueen
C) Someone who doesn't get the concept of Eve

Please select the most appropriate description of yourself, then give me your stuffs and biomass yourself.

Oh, and to disprove that Tippia never agrees with anybody...

I disagree.

1 + 2 = 12

_[center]For your Freighter **sized shipping needs, contact _[u]Lord Chanlin[/u].** _ Fast, affordable, reliable service._

https://gate.eveonline.com/Profile/Lord%20Chanlin[/center]

Remiel Pollard
Shock Treatment Ministries
#45 - 2014-03-02 15:07:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
BrundleMeth wrote:

Nope, just nope...

Well, you don't see her disagreeing with me, do you? Which completely nullifies your claim that she never agrees with anyone. So not "nope, just nope". I think somebody is wearing his cranky pants today.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Victor Andall
#46 - 2014-03-02 15:31:04 UTC
Here's my Filthy Highsec Carebear Pubbie opinion:

If you get ganked you did something wrong.

I just undocked for the first time and someone challenged me to a duel. Wat do?

19.08.2014 - Dinsdale gets slammed by CCP Falcon. Never forget.

Eyrun Mangeiri
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#47 - 2014-03-02 15:33:36 UTC
I, as a new player, expect to get shot at as soon as I leave the station. And I have no problem with that at all.

I can see what you see not - vision milky then eyes rot. When you turn they will be gone - whispering their hidden song.

Organic Lager
Drinking Buddies
#48 - 2014-03-02 15:56:06 UTC
Ptraci wrote:
Visione wrote:
dear CCP.

as to my understanding High sec should be a safe haven for new players

Safer haven. Not safe haven. If you want safe, don't undock.

If you want safe be the ganker. Undock with 15 of your best bros in worthless 2m isk destroyers, pick a gate and blap anyone on auto pilot. Worst case your lessons cost 2m a piece until you get good at it.

This is in my opinion the problem with ganking. Gankers have to put so little on the line to be effective, while missioners have to put up so much. Honestly, if you want to drive players away from a game nothing will do it faster then blowing up their life's savings in a few seconds for next to nothing.

I'm not saying ganking should be removed or high sec should be 100% safe but the risk vs reward seems pretty far off for probably the biggest scumbag profession in eve.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#49 - 2014-03-02 15:58:56 UTC
Visione wrote:
dear CCP.

as to my understanding High sec should be a safe haven for new players and old players that aren't into PVP so much,
a place where loan pilots or groups of pilots can do there own thing and build up there own projects whatever it may be without the shooting aspect beeing around any corner.
Nope, until you can point to a statement from CCP stating that this is the case, all that belief will get you is ridicule, some of it from carebears like myself.

Quote:
lately with the new secutiry tags patch and the ship ballancing and the fact that everybody is so rich they don't care anymore ganking in high sec has become to easy if you ask me. it's an absolute **** fest. some systems maintain 30/40+ red skull pilots in it 24/7.
Gankers couldn't care less about security tags, most are quite content to remain -10 as it doesn't prevent them from plying their trade, the only exception would be the MiniLuv guys because they have to hang around in space for a while. I'd like to know where you got the idea that everybody is stinking rich too, Eve is like RL 99% of the wealth belongs to a very small percentage of players.

Quote:
is this the high sec it was intended to be? cause even the low sec pirates and null sec pirates come here for easy KM's and "highly professional skilled tear trolling activities".
All evidence points to yes.

Quote:
let me make this clear. i am not the guy that comes to the forum to whine because he lost his ship, i have lost a ship to high sec gankers years ago and i can't care for the ship, what me made writing this post is what i observerd around me. and the high sec ganking is not a good thing for the new players which i like to see in this game.

so please, do something about high sec gankers, for the new people, the people that just wanna do there own thing, and whoever likes to fly wihouth the ever pressence of getting shot in the face all the time like the FPS games aimed for 14 year old brad's already provide to us.
OH NOES THINK OF THE NEWBIES, such a tired refrain, and so overdone in Eve.

Also "Malcanis' Law: Whenever a mechanics change is proposed on behalf of "new players", that change is always to the overwhelming advantage of richer, older players."

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#50 - 2014-03-02 16:00:00 UTC
Organic Lager wrote:
Ptraci wrote:
Visione wrote:
dear CCP.

as to my understanding High sec should be a safe haven for new players

Safer haven. Not safe haven. If you want safe, don't undock.

If you want safe be the ganker. Undock with 15 of your best bros in worthless 2m isk destroyers, pick a gate and blap anyone on auto pilot. Worst case your lessons cost 2m a piece until you get good at it.

This is in my opinion the problem with ganking. Gankers have to put so little on the line to be effective, while missioners have to put up so much. Honestly, if you want to drive players away from a game nothing will do it faster then blowing up their life's savings in a few seconds for next to nothing.

I'm not saying ganking should be removed or high sec should be 100% safe but the risk vs reward seems pretty far off for probably the biggest scumbag profession in eve.

Nope, most gank ships are profitable to gank so they are not safe. Also ganking a target is only as easy as the victim makes it.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#51 - 2014-03-02 16:06:31 UTC
Organic Lager wrote:
You don't have to put anything on the line to be effective at running missions, whereas gankers have to put far more on the line that people like to claim. Above all, they put their ships and clones on the line just by undocking — never mind actually getting close to the target. If they're safe, it's because people let them be. That's not a game problem but a people problem.

And if someone gets their life saving blown up in a few seconds, they did something terribly terribly wrong and should try not to be so careless next time. Spotting the blatantly obvious 15 people in destroyers would be a good start…

ISD Tyrozan
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#52 - 2014-03-02 16:08:10 UTC
Topic exists in several locations. This latest iteration is being locked.

ISD Tyrozan

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

@ISDTyrozan | @ISD_CCL

Volksterb
#53 - 2014-03-02 16:08:13 UTC
I have played since the game launched (with breaks every now and then to prevent going into a coma) and have never once been killed in high sec. That is not to say people haven't tried. Players just need to fly smart, not fly billion dollar babies that scream gank me and be aware of your surroundings. If high sec were any safer we might as well wear diapers. I would recommend people that are afraid of high sec join a friendly corp and fly with others until you eventually know what the do's and don'ts are.

(alt posting since this is my husbands account and I don't want to drag him into forum politics-my account is inactive at moment so am just using his to run missions).
Previous page123