These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Who here still gets the shakes in PVP?

Author
Baali Tekitsu
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#21 - 2014-03-01 13:51:02 UTC
After over 2000 losses I still feel it when I get a good fight. My definition of a good fight is when the outcome is uncertain.

RATE LIKE SUBSCRIBE

Pew Terror
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2014-03-01 13:51:13 UTC
Confirming I too sense the trembling fear in my enemies while reigning down just vengeance on the infidels.
Doireen Kaundur
Doomheim
#23 - 2014-03-01 14:01:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Doireen Kaundur
-nevermind-

_[center]For your Freighter **sized shipping needs, contact _[u]Lord Chanlin[/u].** _ Fast, affordable, reliable service._

https://gate.eveonline.com/Profile/Lord%20Chanlin[/center]

Krkan Krkasticni
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2014-03-01 14:18:35 UTC
2007 player here ...

Rating in carrier because bored.

6 intys jump in and within 20 seconds Im tackeled.

Swearing occurs, heavy drones in, light drones out, yell for help in alliance chats, poped 3/6 before cavalry arrived to save my ass ( I was lucky to pop 2 / 6 with cynos ).

It all lasted a few minutes at most. But my heart was pounding, palms sweating

On the other hand large TiDi battles are boring and only reason why I left 0.0 and now just PLEX-ing accounts while ISK lasts.
It is expected of you to participate and I do agree with this policy. But there is no adrenaline there ...

Random encounters, hellz yeah.

When some punk kills my cyno alt 4 jumps from home system.
Go to main, jump into T2/T3 ship and go out to execute vengance. Pop the guy only to get tackled by his mates. Call your own mates, hoping your survive while they come ... Yeah thats fun. Rare, oh so rare. But fun.
WaterMarks
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2014-03-01 14:55:46 UTC
couple energy drinks, pizza, 24+ hours with out sleep (i work grave, then my girl wants to do stuff, then eve) light up a blunt down a FourLoco...

...ya i get the shakes every once in a while.

-Fly Reckless-

Serene Repose
#26 - 2014-03-01 14:59:04 UTC
I get the shakes when I even THINK I MIGHT have to PVP. No. Wait.
I have the shakes when I log on. NVM, and pass the Jack Daniels, please.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

James Nikolas Tesla
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2014-03-01 16:18:30 UTC
So many ships to learn. I thought I would just orbit an Amarr BC and target it with my TD while I orbited laughing. Damn thing had a drone bay. Hello, HobII's!

CODE is just a bunch of pirates; smart, organized pirates. It doesn't help to rage at them because that is exactly what they want. Dust yourself off and get back on your feet, you don't even have to talk to them.

Rastafarian God
#28 - 2014-03-02 04:43:39 UTC
Shizuken wrote:
Rastafarian God wrote:

Just last week I was positioning myself to uncloak in a force recon and attack a mining frig in lowsec. This was going to be a VERY one sided fight.

What is the point of going out of your way to kill a mining frigate?

I dont understand the question.

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#29 - 2014-03-02 05:46:26 UTC
The most shakes I ever got was from the first Sansha live events in 2010. Those were unpredictable and nobody knew what was coming out of those wormholes.

Prior to that I did occasional lowsec PVP and FW PVP but in those times, the PVP itself is both "busy" - too busy to be shaking - and also predictable: somebody is going to die. For the most part I'm too busy listening to the FC to be nervoius. I think my military training has something to do with this.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2014-03-02 06:02:23 UTC
I do when I first get back into PvP after not having PvP'ed for a while.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Yarda Black
The Black Redemption
#31 - 2014-03-02 08:53:34 UTC
You know the three "bars" you see when you have a ship targetted?

Them going from white to red?

Hooked right here :)
Gajin Sensei
Poliisin Vanha Tuttu
#32 - 2014-03-02 09:12:32 UTC
Opened thread thinking it was a support thread for pilots with Parkinsons.

If you don't get the shakes in pvp, then you are flying too cheap so go faction up that Tristan baby !
Cyndrogen
The Greatest Corp in the Universe
#33 - 2014-03-02 09:55:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Cyndrogen
I cant tell you how many times I have forgotten to use drones because I get so damn excited. I have forgotten to turn off overheating, forgotten to turn ON hardners and experienced difficulty making rational decisions, it's like the adrenaline overpowers my ability to think. my first time I even lost my pod because I could not SEE the warp button, my brain panicked!

Thanks to training on singularity though I have gotten much better at PVP but still makes me shaky / sweat.

Every day in every way I improve my skills and get better.

Cyndrogen
The Greatest Corp in the Universe
#34 - 2014-03-02 10:16:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Cyndrogen
I didn't mean to post here again.... wrong thread..

Every day in every way I improve my skills and get better.

Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#35 - 2014-03-02 11:11:33 UTC
Popping ventures no longer gets me the shakes, but each time you attack something that can shoot back you might have just sprung the trap, or gave a lurking neutral an opening. That is what makes lowsec pvp & piracy so enjoyable for me.
Xearal
Dead's Prostitutes
DARKNESS.
#36 - 2014-03-02 11:12:35 UTC
2010 player here.. and yup, I do.

Recently, I was just cruising through null in my prowler, picking up my PI from some planets like always. People never seemed to be camping the gates/systems I go through these days, lazily I come back, suddenly BAM 2 reds on gate, bubbles go up before
I realise they're dictors, Adrenaline pumps go overtime, I hold cloak, watch their movements, then make a break for it.
align, cloak, realign, watch their movements, realign, slowly sneaking out of the bubble, something stuck in my throat as one of them passes me by at 2.4 km.. then I'm out of the bubble and warp off.

I give them a Good try in local and thank them for the little extra excitement, they greet me back with smiles and 'next time gadget, next time..'.

Good times. Other recent encounters, our gang fighting off wartargets, moving, fleet warping, scouting, then engaging. Making those hard calls on wether to engage or not, split fleet, reform fleet, get the tackle where they need to be and lure the enemy in.
Kills are made. GFs in local, and I sit back panting from my job as FC, which gives even bigger rush of adrenaline.

Does railgun ammunition come in Hollow Point?

Haedonism Bot
Revolutionary Front
#37 - 2014-03-02 12:26:36 UTC
Strangely enough, I don't get that from an honest fight anymore, but I do get it from suicide ganking.

www.everevolutionaryfront.blogspot.com

Vote Sabriz Adoudel and Tora Bushido for CSMX. Keep the Evil in EVE!

Silvetica Dian
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#38 - 2014-03-02 12:29:05 UTC
flakeys wrote:
Solo yup after allmost 10 years i still do , in fleet however i verry rarely have it .

same the fleet thing i don't get any more.
I have recently started interdicting an area of hostile sov and preventing all ratting and the thrill of stalking the tengu in a relic site and chasing a tengu/blackbird/nightmare into a plex with my stratios was immense. I almost died to the nightmare because i had turned my AB on but hadn't started moving.
Some small gang stuff can be quite a rush too.
I think it is a combination of what you are risking (time spent earning isk for the ship) vs value of target vs how much your decisions will effect the fight, Large fleets i suspect are only exciting for the FC's and a few people in the fleet for whom this is their only PVP.
Stalking something whilst cloaked and stressing about whether you can lock and point it in time seems especially adrenaline spikey though.

Money at its root is a form of rationing. When the richest 85 people have as much wealth as the poorest 3.5 billion (50% of humanity) it is clear where the source of poverty is. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jan/20/trickle-down-economics-broken-promise-richest-85

Mixu Paatelainen
Eve Refinery
#39 - 2014-03-02 15:05:30 UTC
Yeah still get this from time to time. Usually when I misjudge a fight and have to work very hard to fix/escape in my pod.
Dr0000 Maulerant
Union Nanide and Tooling
#40 - 2014-03-02 21:20:50 UTC
When I started I wasn't afraid to lose anything, didn't know about corps rejecting people with bad kill stats and got some hilarious lossmails. Never really phased me.

Then I joined a corp where the CEO was pretty big on shaming anyone who made us look too juicy (in hisec) and had a zero tolerance for things that could maybe possibly ever get you killed. When I lost a viator on a kick station I freaked, real bad back pain. My wife called the doc and he actually had her call an ambulance thinking I had an aortic aneurism.

So now when I get tackled I just go make myself a sandwich, take a walk and come back to a fresh new clone and ship already waiting for me.

Tell me again about how every playstyle you dont engage in "doesn't require any effort" and everyone who does it needs to die in a fire. Be sure to mention about how you tried it once but it was too easy/boring/ethnic-homophobic slur.