These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Recantment of PVP In High Sec

First post
Author
Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#81 - 2014-02-14 18:01:43 UTC
Serendipity Lost wrote:
If you don't want to sit in a suit at a hazmat incident just ask a coptometer (state trooper) if he thinks there should be flares to mark the area. It's a good way to do a flammability check without breaking out the meters.

J/K, please don't do this.

LFMAO! We call them "brown canaries". (MD state troopers wear brown...)

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Flybiere
F'n'F Inc
#82 - 2014-02-27 16:39:41 UTC
Demerius Xenocratus wrote:
If only there were vast regions of the EVE universe dedicated solely to pvp gameplay. A place where pvp bot-aspirants could go to test their skills against challenging opponents. CCP should really get moving on that...

^This.

Nothing entertains me more than these PVP 'enthusiasts' complaining that they can't kill carebears. Mission ganking in high-sec appears as close to PVE as PVP can get. More like PVTUP. Player vs Terribly Under-Prepared Player.
Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#83 - 2014-02-27 16:42:55 UTC
Flybiere wrote:
If only there were vast regions of the EVE universe dedicated solely to pvp gameplay. A place where pvp bot-aspirants could go to test their skills against challenging opponents. CCP should really get moving on that...

^This.

Nothing entertains me more than these PVP 'enthusiasts' complaining that they can't kill carebears. Mission ganking in high-sec appears as close to PVE as PVP can get. More like PVTUP. Player vs Terribly Under-Prepared Player.

The point is, you shouldnt BE terribly unprepared in this game. If you are, you are inviting disaster. There is no need to harp on the misconception of "PVP areas". The entire game is a PVP area. The different security zones are ONLY a means to provide different mechanics for various content, and none should be considered "safer" than any other.

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Flybiere
F'n'F Inc
#84 - 2014-02-27 16:54:29 UTC
Leto Thule wrote:
Flybiere wrote:

^This.

The point is, you shouldnt BE terribly unprepared in this game. If you are, you are inviting disaster. There is no need to harp on the misconception of "PVP areas". The entire game is a PVP area. The different security zones are ONLY a means to provide different mechanics for various content, and none should be considered "safer" than any other.

Yes, agreed, preparation is all; But shockingly, noobs and the uninitiated are under prepared.

I'm not saying you shouldn't gank them, in fact this thread has inspired me to give some mission ganking a try.

But the MTU mechanic made it too easy in my opinion. I don't agree with a player not being able to decide in that situation. That's all.
Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#85 - 2014-02-27 17:01:50 UTC
Gotcha. While I agree with the MTU mechanic being a tad overzealous, I think the reason many players are mad about the change is that it encourages AFK mission running. The solution should have been to keep your drones on passive, and manually target them, rather than allowing the drones to be kept on aggressive, and change the game to fit the bear.

Different outlooks with the same conclusion, I suppose.

Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Doomheim
#86 - 2014-02-27 17:52:03 UTC
Flybiere wrote:

^This.

The lion in the serengeti serves a valuable purpose by not targeting the fastest and strongest wildebeest at the watering hole, but by ambushing and killing the slow, stupid or infirm. This prevents them from bringing down the entire herd, or dirtying up the gene pool. Most gankers are thus playing an important role in natural selection within EvE.

Heretics who denounce ganking or education-by-fire in all its forms might as well be railing against natural selection, God's will, and the reality that the Devil is on his payroll to this big picture end...

Now...are you entertained? ARE YOU ENTERTAINED?!!

p.s.
Hail Satan (makes Devil horns on head with his fingers...)
Basil Pupkin
Republic Military School
#87 - 2014-02-28 07:19:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Basil Pupkin
Feyd Rautha Harkonnen wrote:
The lion in the serengeti serves a valuable purpose by not targeting the fastest and strongest wildebeest at the watering hole, but by ambushing and killing the slow, stupid or infirm. This prevents them from bringing down the entire herd, or dirtying up the gene pool. Most gankers are thus playing an important role in natural selection within EvE.

Says pansy who can't muster the courage to suicide gank anyone, despite how terribly easy that is. Needing the protection of grief dec, unable to face concord without it.
I'd even agree gankers were important, if they were doing their job because of its importance, and not because it's a zero-risk activity with maximum income possible in hisec, which is so easy to do that people who are too lazy or stupid to do anything else are doing it.
We should apply the principle of survival of the fittest to the gankers as well. Make ganking more difficult, so slow, stupid or infirm gankers would facewall themselves, because currently even slow, stupid or infirm are succeeding in this, which, according to the whole HTFU paradigm you preach, is wrong.
And you yourself aren't succeeding anyway, so I guess it'll be great if HTFU preaching hypocrites were the first to stumble into the abyss.

Heretics who denounce ganking or education-by-fire in all its forms might as well be railing against natural selection, God's will, and the reality that the Devil is on his payroll to this big picture end...

Now...are you entertained? ARE YOU ENTERTAINED?!!

p.s.
Hail Satan (makes Devil horns on head with his fingers...)

Don't forget Feyd is James315's alt, and don't take his streams of half-consciousness seriously.

Being teh freightergankbear automatically puts you below missionbear and minerbear in carebear hierarchy.

If you're about to make "this will make eve un-eve" argument, odds are you are defending some utterly horrible mechanics against a good change.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#88 - 2014-02-28 08:02:02 UTC
Basil Pupkin wrote:

Don't forget Feyd is James315's alt, and don't take his streams of half-consciousness seriously.

A ten year old could tell you that is a lie. They don't have ANYTHING close to the same writing style.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Basil Pupkin
Republic Military School
#89 - 2014-02-28 11:51:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Basil Pupkin
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Basil Pupkin wrote:

A ten year old could tell you that is a lie. They don't have ANYTHING close to the same writing style.

Meeting a person claiming to be studied in James315's style, divided by the amount of ten year olds playing eve, is giving rise to some grim implications.

Otherwise, please don't mind, I admit it's a mild provocative theme I fancy. That said, their blogging habits have much in common...

P.S. Any other part of my previous post you want to comment on? Perhaps you agree with it, then?

Being teh freightergankbear automatically puts you below missionbear and minerbear in carebear hierarchy.

If you're about to make "this will make eve un-eve" argument, odds are you are defending some utterly horrible mechanics against a good change.

Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#90 - 2014-02-28 12:47:11 UTC
Basil Pupkin wrote:

Lmfao...

All bloggers must be james315 alts.

Stupid idea mate.

Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Doomheim
#91 - 2014-02-28 17:31:47 UTC
Let there be no doubt, I am indeed a unique and beautiful snowflake, with no direct relation to James315. He is however surely an instrument of God's will.

Regarding Basil Pupkis... His heresy and impudence has already cost his alliance mates several ships, as Devils and Marmite joined together to enact a campaign to educate this lost soul...

Can
I
Get
An
Amen?

Continued heresy will not go unanswered, I and my team of highly trained missionaries wiil continue to splode carebears in his stead, as he remains cowering in a station dock calling for nerfs to the land we call mother.

Inshallah.
Basil Pupkin
Republic Military School
#92 - 2014-02-28 19:07:17 UTC
Let there be no doubt, I am indeed a unique and beautiful snowflake, with no direct relation to James315. He is however surely an instrument of God's will.

Regarding Basil Pupkis... His heresy and impudence has already cost his alliance mates several ships, as Devils and Marmite joined together to enact a campaign to educate this lost soul...

Can
I
Get
An
Amen?

Continued heresy will not go unanswered, I and my team of highly trained missionaries wiil continue to splode carebears in his stead, as he remains cowering in a station dock calling for nerfs to the land we call mother.

Inshallah.

Let me translate: I am James315 alt and we both love each other. I have disliked one guy for providing arguments I cannot refute and decided to try griefing him by killing random stupid guys from random nullsec alliance while being afraid to the bone of going one step out of Mother Concord's nest, then I got laughed in the face from the guy upon bringing those random kills to him, but I decided to delude myself that a cool kid like me did everything right and every of those random kills were that guy himself.

Please keep writing, you're so entertaining. And I feel like I haven't learned a thing yet, except realizing how cowardly risk-averse hisec pansy gankers are, how afraid are they of the dreaded second "your grief target got an ally" notification hits their mailbox, how ridiculously clueless to a basics of sandbox are they, and how much of a frogs-in-the-well-ignorant they are to think the eve is locked in their niche well of combat peeveepee, and how badly they afraid to shoot each other in their well, quacking their "please make everyone jump in our well" song.

Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#93 - 2014-02-28 19:34:31 UTC
^^

Good tears. Keep em flowing.

Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Doomheim
#94 - 2014-02-28 19:53:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Basil Pupkin wrote:

...killing random stupid guys from random nullsec alliance...

There was nothing random about the aforementioned pasta killings, pasta syndicate was targeted specifically because of your heresy in the features & ideas forum calling for nerfs, as you well know.

Your alliance mates lost ships because you shot your mouth off, calling them random stupid guys does them further disservice, and does not remove your culpability. YOU killed them, I am just the instrument.

Quote:

..while being afraid to the bone of going one step out of Mother Concord's nest...

There is no CONCORD in losec, I go where I please. Your assumptions and inept research capabilities continue, just as when you claimed this story was a fabrication. This does not build credibility.

Truly, the irony of you posting with a perma-docked station alt, while saying I am afraid is....delicious. Nonetheless, your continued heresy will not go unanswered...

More innocents will die because of your call-for-nerfs heresy. SO let it be written, do let it be done.
Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#95 - 2014-02-28 20:07:04 UTC
God wills it! Let the rivers run red with the blood of the non-believers!

Basil Pupkin
Republic Military School
#96 - 2014-02-28 21:16:36 UTC
Basil Pupkin wrote:

...killing random stupid guys from random nullsec alliance...

There was nothing random about the aforementioned pasta killings, pasta syndicate was targeted specifically because of your heresy in the features & ideas forum calling for nerfs, as you well know.

Your alliance mates lost ships because you shot your mouth off, calling them random stupid guys does them further disservice, and does not remove your culpability. YOU killed them, I am just the instrument.

Quote:

..while being afraid to the bone of going one step out of Mother Concord's nest...

There is no CONCORD in losec, I go where I please. Your assumptions and inept research capabilities continue, just as when you claimed this story was a fabrication. This does not build credibility.

Truly, the irony of you posting with a perma-docked station alt, while saying I am afraid is....delicious. Nonetheless, your continued heresy will not go unanswered...

More innocents will die because of your call-for-nerfs heresy. SO let it be written, do let it be done.

My tears! My tears are flowing out! I laughed so hard!!!
Random griefers in response to a random alt posts targets random alliance and says "look, you killed them, you should HTFU" hahahahahahahahahaha, oh gawd I'm laughing my auss out!!!
You are indeed the instrument of gods, gods of comedy! This is like that show about pet terrorists of US, who are manipulated to target US enemies, while sincerely believing they are carrying out the will of allah. Your posts resemble the scene where they make a statement to US government with the very same words "you killed them" - all the while still being their pets without even knowing! Hilarious! Give me more! Keep me entert... educated!

Louis Robichaud
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#97 - 2014-02-28 22:53:45 UTC
Tootsie Fruit wrote:
Seriously there is no such thing as highsec PvP. There are carebears and gankbears. Both are carebears, one just harasses the other, but at no time do they engage in anything resembling PvP.

If you want PvP goto lowsec or nulsec. No hiding behind concords skirts that gankbears like.

While I appreciate the sentiment, I have to point out that there is highsec PvP that isn't banking...

I blog a bit http://hspew.blogspot.ca