These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

EVE Planetary Planner - Redesigned Beta version available

First post
Author
hydraSlav
Synergy Evolved
#81 - 2014-01-06 14:48:24 UTC
Great tool!

I am having issues with the Resource Selector however.

- I go to Planets Plan
- Add Planet (type doesn't matter)
- Select Command Center (type doesn't matter)
- Add Storage Facility or Launchpad
- Click the Storage Content icon
- Click the Add button
- Select Product Level 2
- Select Coolant
- Quantity defaults to 1
- OK button is disabled and volume shows as 0

Now, i can add any P0 or P1 product, however once i select P2 or above from the drop-down, no matter what product is selected, or what quantity is entered, the volume is always 0 and the OK button is disabled.


Oxide Ammar
#82 - 2014-02-16 06:01:45 UTC
This tool became outdated or still viable to use ?

Lady Areola Fappington:  Solo PVP isn't dead!  You just need to make sure you have your booster, remote rep, cyno, and emergency Falcon alts logged in and ready before you do any solo PVPing.

Ideki
E.A.D Alliance
#83 - 2014-02-17 15:44:57 UTC
Oxide Ammar wrote:
This tool became outdated or still viable to use ?


Still viable to use.

I am still working on the new version whenever I have time.
A baby and toddler are taking a lot of my time at the moment.

I have a lot of new features and changes coming.
Basically I redesigned/rewrote the whole tool.
As for a release date, I do not know.
I had hope to release it at the same time as Rubicon, but IRL things happened and delayed me.

And then I had an idea to help with the lack of API for PI that actually works (I tested it myself)

So that took away time from the development as well.
Now I am back on track, and fixing bugs in the new version as well as putting back together features from the old version.

So maybe in 1 month I can have something worth releasing. Maybe not.
I depend on how busy I will be.

I am not fixing bugs in the current version because I want to fix them in the new version.
Hence the lack of updates.

Sorry for the delay.
But I think it is worth it and most people will like the new version.Big smile
Tzar Sinak
Mythic Heights
#84 - 2014-02-17 22:10:36 UTC
I am looking forward to the new release. Thanks for continuing to work on it. It is appreciated.

Hydrostatic Podcast First class listening of all things EVE

Check out the Eve-Prosper show for your market updates!

Destination SkillQueue
Doomheim
#85 - 2014-02-20 22:00:02 UTC
One time bump to fix forum.
Ideki
E.A.D Alliance
#86 - 2014-02-21 16:40:09 UTC
Destination SkillQueue wrote:
One time bump to fix forum.


Thanks for the bump :)
Sibras Freeflight
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#87 - 2014-02-27 11:50:11 UTC
Hi,

Great tool - one question though; The find tool doesn't seem to work? I can enter any system on the left but regardless of what I change on the right, hitting find gives no results. I have your latest version of the "systems" file downloaded.

Cheers,
Sib
Ideki
E.A.D Alliance
#88 - 2014-02-27 13:42:30 UTC
Sibras Freeflight wrote:
Hi,

Great tool - one question though; The find tool doesn't seem to work? I can enter any system on the left but regardless of what I change on the right, hitting find gives no results. I have your latest version of the "systems" file downloaded.

Cheers,
Sib


Hi,

What did you set for the Nb Jumps ?
And planets type?

Could you maybe take a screenshot and link it ?
because the feature works perfectly for me.
So I am guessing something is wrong in your settings.

Thanks.

NB: If you cannot post the link, send me a pm, and I will see how we can work it out.
Sibras Freeflight
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#89 - 2014-02-27 17:54:55 UTC
I managed to get it to work! I don't know what I was doing wrong this morning, but this afternoon it worked first time - I must have been doing something basic very stupidly. Sorry for bothering, and cheers for the quick response anyway :D
Ideki
E.A.D Alliance
#90 - 2014-02-28 13:09:44 UTC
Sibras Freeflight wrote:
I managed to get it to work! I don't know what I was doing wrong this morning, but this afternoon it worked first time - I must have been doing something basic very stupidly. Sorry for bothering, and cheers for the quick response anyway :D


no problem.
I take any 'customer' issue seriously.Big smile
The only reason I haven't fixed more bugs lately is becomes I am trying to work on the new release.
But I get tired and lazy.
I really got to kick myself to finish it. Sad
CCP Eterne
C C P
C C P Alliance
#91 - 2014-05-05 14:34:45 UTC
Unlocking per request.

EVE Online/DUST 514 Community Representative ※ EVE Illuminati ※ Fiction Adept

@CCP_Eterne ※ @EVE_LiveEvents

Ideki
E.A.D Alliance
#92 - 2014-05-06 12:40:57 UTC
Version 7.1.9 is out.

Fixed an authentication issue with OS X

I am still working, albeit slowly, on the new version.
So I decide to show you some 'beta' screenshot.
This is still a work in progress, but it is getting there.

(For info: the sea scenery behind is my desktop background)

New Production Plan screenshot

New Planets Plan screenshot
Ideki
E.A.D Alliance
#93 - 2014-05-08 18:04:42 UTC
Franz Krammer was kind enough to provide a tutorial on how to start the tool on OS X.
If you are interested, you can read it there
Anneke Tersis
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#94 - 2014-05-14 12:12:39 UTC
Hi Ideki,

Thanks for this great tool. The new layout looks promising !

I was a little puzzled by the POS fuel calculations though. When I calculated my numbers, I ended up with something radically different. Additionnally, I don't see the point between small/medium/large towers. Could it be that this is based on an outdated, pre "fuel blocks" version of the game ?

For the record, my calculations for 40 unit of fuel (1 production run - for a fully researched BP):
8800 Base metal
13600 Noble metal
8800 Heavy metal
4000 Non-CS crystal
9600 Ionic solution
9600 Aqueous liquid
3000 Noble gases
Ideki
E.A.D Alliance
#95 - 2014-05-14 19:57:47 UTC
Anneke Tersis wrote:
Hi Ideki,

Thanks for this great tool. The new layout looks promising !

I was a little puzzled by the POS fuel calculations though. When I calculated my numbers, I ended up with something radically different. Additionnally, I don't see the point between small/medium/large towers. Could it be that this is based on an outdated, pre "fuel blocks" version of the game ?

For the record, my calculations for 40 unit of fuel (1 production run - for a fully researched BP):
8800 Base metal
13600 Noble metal
8800 Heavy metal
4000 Non-CS crystal
9600 Ionic solution
9600 Aqueous liquid
3000 Noble gases



Hi Anneke,

It is totally possible that the data for the POS fuel is outdated.
The point between small/medium/large was that the quantity required was different (I think)
Those data were given to me by a player who wanted to be able to use my tools for POS fuel.

If you can verify and provide up to date data, then I will happily update them for the tool. Big smile
Anneke Tersis
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#96 - 2014-05-15 07:19:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Anneke Tersis
The quantity of fuel blocks required by each size of POS is indeed different, but not the composition of the fuel (presently, the composition also change).

I think that giving just one recipe named "POS fuel blocks" (and maybe writing somewhere that this produces 40 fuel blocks) with the above proportions will be fine for fuel makers : interested people shall know that this fuels a large pos for 1h, a medium for 2 and a small for 4.

Also, Helium Isotopes should not be mentioned as such, as this only apply to one particular fuel. "Ice isotope", "Isotope (Hydrogen, Helium, Oxygen, Nitrogen)" or maybe just "Isotope" would be neater.

Thanks for your work !
Danny Centauri
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#97 - 2014-05-15 11:58:50 UTC
Ideki wrote:
EVE Planetary Planner is a small tool I create to have a quick and easy overview of Planetary Interaction in EVE Online.

Planetary interaction is not very complicated by itself.
But it still easy to get lost along the production line, and make mistakes that could cost you, or your corp, millions or billions of ISKs.

The tool can display the complete production line for any product that can be made from Planetary Interaction.
It also display information about the time needed to produce each component needed for the final product.

Now this tool is still under development.
I am adding feature as fast as I can think of them, and implement them.
It is also possible that there are still a few bugs that I missed in all my testing.

I will update the News section when I do modifications to the tool.
So be sure to check it from time to time.

If you find any bugs, or inconsistencies in the data, please leave a message in this topic (or that one).
I will come read it often and try to fix the bugs as soon as possible.

Please note that this tool is still under heavy development.
I have LOT of ideas for it that I will implement as soon as I can.

Also, Planetary Interaction is still under development by CCP.
It is subject to changes in the future.
But I will adapt the tool when such change occur.

You can get the tool here.

The old topic


This is a really useful tool, knowing very little about PI would love to pick your brain or have you write a few guest blog posts for my site if you have the time?

EVE Manufacturing Guide - Simple guides to manufacturing in EVE for both beginners and more experienced players.

Ideki
E.A.D Alliance
#98 - 2014-05-15 12:35:05 UTC
Anneke Tersis wrote:
The quantity of fuel blocks required by each size of POS is indeed different, but not the composition of the fuel (presently, the composition also change).

I think that giving just one recipe named "POS fuel blocks" (and maybe writing somewhere that this produces 40 fuel blocks) with the above proportions will be fine for fuel makers : interested people shall know that this fuels a large pos for 1h, a medium for 2 and a small for 4.

Also, Helium Isotopes should not be mentioned as such, as this only apply to one particular fuel. "Ice isotope", "Isotope (Hydrogen, Helium, Oxygen, Nitrogen)" or maybe just "Isotope" would be neater.

Thanks for your work !



Hum, I dunno,
The problem is that the recipe is used automatically for time/production computation.
So I cannot start to have generic products in it, nor a generic recipe.
But it is true that people that make POS fuel usually know what they need.
So I could have, like you suggested, just 1 recipe, then see what I can simplify in it.

I will see what I can do.
In the worst case I will put this in the next version with the new UI.
Ideki
E.A.D Alliance
#99 - 2014-05-15 12:38:21 UTC
Danny Centauri wrote:
This is a really useful tool, knowing very little about PI would love to pick your brain or have you write a few guest blog posts for my site if you have the time?


Hi, I would prefer to keep my brain intact if possible.
I need it for the tool, and to work to feed my family. Big smile

Unfortunately, I do not have time to write guests blogs at the moment.
I have very little spare time and I am trying to use it to get the next version working. Sad
I committed myself to release the next version within 2 months, and I still have a lot to do.

Maybe after.
Otherwise I am sure you can find plenty of people willing to help you on the forum.
Good luck Smile
Ideki
E.A.D Alliance
#100 - 2014-05-15 13:27:20 UTC
Woot I am getting pumped up now.Big smile
I am making good progress on the new version.
Got plenty of the old features in, as well as a bunch of new neat ones.

So I will share a new screenshot of the work in progress