These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Alliance Tournament Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Shirts, Money, and NEO's

First post
Author
CCP Dolan
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2013-12-03 17:56:22 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Guard
Greetings Tournament Fans,

A little less than a year ago we had the first ever New Eden Open. The tournament was excellent and we had a great turnout of some of the very pilots in New Eden. Now with some more fun on the horizon I want to talk about some of the missteps we made in our first ever cash tournament and how we intend to improve next year.

Payouts:
Following the closing of Own3d, CCP was left in a difficult position. We had never paid out a cash tournament before, but we decided to step up and pay out our champions. With the exception of a few, this process went smoothly. Unfortunately, some currencies and banks were effected by international currency restrictions either in Iceland or in their home country, or were unable to complete a direct transfer. At the moment this currently effects 3 people, but by tomorrow that number should be down to 1 (a person who I hope will help us test our new payout system).

In the future we will be doing away with our current payment system and utilizing a web form to ensure that we have all the details needed to complete a bank transfer. Additionally, we will be offering equivalent PLEX payouts to any who wish to use that option. I am also currently investigating the use of paypal to provide even flexibility and speed in prize delivery. For any future cash tournaments, we hope to be able to pay out all prizes within 1 month of the tournaments completion.

Shirts:
The pipeline for avatar items at CCP is in a much better place than it was a year ago. Additionally, we think we finally have a design to justify the NEO in an in-character EVE Online way (the second biggest hold-up after the pipeline). We hope to have shirts for all participants as soon as possible, and potentially some color variants for future events ;)

I know this hasn't been the smoothest process (oh god the sandpaper burns) but I hope you will have some level of understanding, this was CCP's first foray into this sort of event and my first attempt at anything like this. We had a lot of missteps, but we learned a lot of lessons and I'm not the kind of person who makes the same mistakes twice :)

CCP Dolan | Community Representative

Twitter: @CCPDolan

Gooby pls

l0rd carlos
the king asked me to guard the mountain
#2 - 2013-12-04 12:57:53 UTC
Dear CCP Dolan

Thank you for the update.
Will the T-shirts be ready for Rubicon 1.1?

With kind regards
l0rd carlos

Youtube Channel about Micro and Small scale PvP with commentary: Fleet Commentary by l0rd carlos

Mortvvs
Snuff Box
#3 - 2013-12-04 21:58:49 UTC
l0rd carlos wrote:
Dear CCP Dolan

Thank you for the update.
Will the T-shirts be ready in 2015?

fixed

FREE FILINGO

madpsychc0killer
Solutis in Sanguis
#4 - 2013-12-05 10:49:10 UTC
Dear CCP Dolan

I haven't been in training for awhile and after not getting my t-shirt within a year of the 1st neo I have let myself go abit and put on alot of weight, can I please have mine in a XXL size? On the upside though my name should easily fit across my man boobs, every cloud and all that.

Regards
Duckslayer
Horde Vanguard.
Pandemic Horde
#5 - 2014-01-07 16:28:33 UTC
Dear CCP Dolan

Why are you fobbing us off time and time again with lack of NEO t-shirts?
Got the Plex charity T-shirts out and done pretty fast without having to agonize over a design that did the thing justice.
You even got our team name wrong last year (and on the NEO tournament cards too)
I doubt that sticky note on your monitor could even adhere for 12 months.

Give your head a wobble
Jureth22
State War Academy
Caldari State
#6 - 2014-01-08 17:02:43 UTC
i am still waiting for that t-shirt Lol.

over a year and one month and going strong.hope i`ll get it before i leave eve for good lol
Duckslayer
Horde Vanguard.
Pandemic Horde
#7 - 2014-01-21 17:51:39 UTC
plus wan
C' Luigi
Tr0pa de elite.
#8 - 2014-01-27 19:40:13 UTC
Is it me that your having troubles with? Because i still havent received any money or reply to a mail... so it would be nice if you could tell me whats going on?

Thank you.
Radgette
EVE Irn Bru Distribution
#9 - 2014-02-12 22:08:33 UTC
new sisi build still no t-shirts.

Can you confirm whether we will get them before or after participating in NEO 2 ?
C' Luigi
Tr0pa de elite.
#10 - 2014-02-22 11:14:29 UTC
Bumping thread, still havent received money or plex's for taking apart in Asine Hitama's team.
Mortvvs
Snuff Box
#11 - 2014-02-27 17:10:25 UTC
If we're not getting any shirts, just tell us. It's easier than playing the waiting game.

FREE FILINGO

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#12 - 2014-02-28 11:38:26 UTC
How about 2 different kinds of shirt?

One for the people who took part, and one for the people who watch? Make it cheap in the NEX.

Just a color shifted version?

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

C' Luigi
Tr0pa de elite.
#13 - 2014-03-04 19:00:11 UTC
still no answers from CCP, bumipng thread again.
Amantus
Drexciyan Sea Unit
SPACE DETROIT
#14 - 2014-03-09 17:09:28 UTC
i cant wait for my tshirt
Radgette
EVE Irn Bru Distribution
#15 - 2014-03-13 08:34:33 UTC
we know the shirts are finished and on SISI now.

The question is why didn't we get them in 1.3 Roll
Nasty Spanker
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#16 - 2014-03-13 10:32:05 UTC
Amantus wrote:
i cant wait for my tshirt

looking at above comments, you might have too lol
Radgette
EVE Irn Bru Distribution
#17 - 2014-03-23 10:03:27 UTC
thanks for the T-shirts they are pretty cool.
crack on
Paradox blues
#18 - 2014-03-24 15:38:21 UTC
thank you for the Tshirts awesome stuff thank you