These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

disable ability to remove implants with a combat timer

Author
GizzyBoy
Aperture Harmonics
#1 - 2014-02-28 06:20:56 UTC
as per title,

Allegedly people whom we have been attempting to ransom for a mere song. are instead preferring to unplug all there implants.

If you are agresed in your pod, or have a combat log off timer, you should not be able to unplug implants and attribute boosters.

Lephia DeGrande
Luxembourg Space Union
#2 - 2014-02-28 06:23:45 UTC
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#3 - 2014-02-28 06:26:19 UTC
if you wanted the implants to show up in the killmail you should have just killed him
GizzyBoy
Aperture Harmonics
#4 - 2014-02-28 06:29:24 UTC
Rowells wrote:
if you wanted the implants to show up in the killmail you should have just killed him

nothing prevents them from self destructing.
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#5 - 2014-02-28 06:34:54 UTC
GizzyBoy wrote:
Rowells wrote:

nothing prevents them from self destructing.

Bullets. Bullets can interrupt it.
Milton Middleson
Rifterlings
#6 - 2014-02-28 06:35:35 UTC
Pods aren't very heavily tanked. I bet you could kill them before they unplugged more than one or two implants.
Sable Moran
Moran Light Industries
#7 - 2014-02-28 09:11:09 UTC
lol at kill mail w****s.

Sable's Ammo Shop at Alentene V - Moon 4 - Duvolle Labs Factory. Hybrid charges, Projectile ammo, Missiles, Drones, Ships, Need'em? We have'em, at affordable prices. Pop in at our Ammo Shop in sunny Alentene.

Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#8 - 2014-02-28 09:45:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Alvatore DiMarco
Posting in a not-so-stealth "buff padding killboards" thread.
SB Rico
Dos Pollos Hermanos
#9 - 2014-02-28 09:48:25 UTC
Point of order sir, if they self destructed their implants would show on the killmail :)

Self-destruct to avoid lossmails got patched out a while back.

Scammers are currently selling killrights on this toon for up to 5mil, if you have paid for this service demand your money back at once.

Killing me should be for free.

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2014-02-28 11:17:43 UTC
GizzyBoy wrote:
as per title,

Allegedly people whom we have been attempting to ransom for a mere song. are instead preferring to unplug all there implants.

If you are agresed in your pod, or have a combat log off timer, you should not be able to unplug implants and attribute boosters.

I have a better idea, howabout when they unplug their implants, a broken version of the implants gets added to their cargohold so that when you shoot them, you can find out what they pulled out.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Samillian
Angry Mustellid
Lost Obsession
#11 - 2014-02-28 11:40:19 UTC
I don't see much point to this, in my experience the majority of pods either escapes or is toast before you could even begin pulling implants.

Even if your in that rare situation where the target has time to pull their implants you know you have have inflicted damage and more importantly they know it, what else matters?

NBSI shall be the whole of the Law

Lephia DeGrande
Luxembourg Space Union
#12 - 2014-02-28 14:23:52 UTC
If your Opponent can extract such delicious tears i rather suggsest a "Pull all the Implants" Button!
GizzyBoy
Aperture Harmonics
#13 - 2014-03-01 00:12:37 UTC
Lephia DeGrande wrote:
If your Opponent can extract such delicious tears i rather suggsest a "Pull all the Implants" Button!

Heh no no tears from me, typically the pod will have been extracted from some typically expensive t3 or capital, and I am 50/50 Logi pilot.

The ransom thing isn't something my corp is known for, but is something others in the alliance try to do on certain people from time to time.

Perhaps some one from ccp can gather some stats on the number of people who pull implants with aggression timers?

Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#14 - 2014-03-01 02:28:37 UTC
and this is a problem how?

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#15 - 2014-03-01 02:41:52 UTC
Daichi Yamato wrote:

His killboard is too red this quarter, and the corporate leadership is breathing down his neck to green it up before the shareholders get unhappy and the alliance cuts funding in response.
Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#16 - 2014-03-01 02:44:12 UTC
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
Daichi Yamato wrote:

His killboard is too red this quarter, and the corporate leadership is breathing down his neck to green it up before the shareholders get unhappy and the alliance cuts funding in response.

that sucks. he should definitely stop ransoming

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Humang
Sudden Buggery
Sending Thots And Players
#17 - 2014-03-01 11:45:05 UTC
Should have posted before, but I like the idea Reaver Glitterstim posted, of having some kind of implant "remains" that show up in the kill-mail, but doesn't add to the total loss amount.

AFK cloaking thread Summary - Provided by Paikis Good Post Etiquette - Provided by CCP Grayscale

Gypsio III
Questionable Ethics.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#18 - 2014-03-01 13:55:44 UTC
I regularly unplug my implants to avoid losing them when I get podded.
Tabris Katz
The Forgotten Children
#19 - 2014-03-01 14:09:52 UTC
I normally fly without implant when I go into a pvp/wh/null-sec situation. Besides that's what jump clones are for.
Kaerakh
Obscure Joke Implied
#20 - 2014-03-01 14:11:26 UTC
12Next page