These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

In the patch notes. "Hail has had its falloff penalty removed completely."

Author
Max Von Sydow
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2011-11-28 14:14:51 UTC
Really CCP? What happened to simply reduce it to 25%?
Akrasjel Lanate
Lanate Industries
#2 - 2011-11-28 14:15:57 UTC
Another thread about patch notes... waiting for more

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Herr Wilkus
Aggressive Salvage Services LLC
#3 - 2011-11-28 15:05:56 UTC
Sweet, if true.

Gallente players, lately, have been like those spoiled kids that get a huge pile of Christmas presents, then throw a tantrum because they didn't get a pony. Then, through their tears and rage, they see another kid get a single gift, and they try to spoil it out of pure spite.Roll

CCP gives them their massive Hybrid buff, along with 2 new Hybrid ships, not only to they cry about that, but they actually get butthurt about Hail when ALL races get a 'minor' buff across the board for (until now) completely unused T2 Ammo types.

Will be nice to have more than just Barrage for a change. Quake in particular will fit a nice role in suicide ganking - fits a damage profile that isn't available in the usual RF Exp/Therm/EM flavors, with 2% more damage as a bonus on top.

Hail looks yummy now - without that nasty falloff bonus it should have some use outside of crushing helpless immobile targets.

Good job CCP, glad you didn't cave to the 'tantrum kids' on this one.
mkint
#4 - 2011-11-28 15:34:19 UTC
There are quite a few things in the patch notes that reflect earlier iterations instead of what devs described as final.

And @ above QQing about gallente approaching functional, your ignorance is showing. You might want to see about that.

Maxim 6. If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

The Snowman
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2011-11-28 15:36:52 UTC
Herr Wilkus wrote:
Sweet, if true.

Gallente players, lately, have been like those spoiled kids that get a huge pile of Christmas presents, then throw a tantrum because they didn't get a pony. Then, through their tears and rage, they see another kid get a single gift, and they try to spoil it out of pure spite.Roll

CCP gives them their massive Hybrid buff, along with 2 new Hybrid ships, not only to they cry about that, but they actually get butthurt about Hail when ALL races get a 'minor' buff across the board for (until now) completely unused T2 Ammo types.

Will be nice to have more than just Barrage for a change. Quake in particular will fit a nice role in suicide ganking - fits a damage profile that isn't available in the usual RF Exp/Therm/EM flavors, with 2% more damage as a bonus on top.

Hail looks yummy now - without that nasty falloff bonus it should have some use outside of crushing helpless immobile targets.

u mad bro?
Jaroslav Unwanted
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2011-11-28 15:36:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Jaroslav Unwanted
mkint wrote:
There are quite a few things in the patch notes that reflect earlier iterations instead of what devs described as final.

And @ above QQing about gallente approaching functional, your ignorance is showing. You might want to see about that.

Lets wait and see..

Talos is not that "Bad" Big smile

At least paper wise it doesnt look that bad, i am not gonna try it since i dont have hybrid turrets trained, not even small ones.
Well paper wise even navy throne looks quite awesome pre-expansion..

As per suicide ganking ..

Well guys its not like you need something more, its already pretty much straight get this fit that shoot and get killed. Nothing to see there. Well some intel is probably required if its about killing some juicy marauder.
SMT008
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#7 - 2011-11-28 15:40:32 UTC
Hail change is fine. It still have it's -25% tracking, which is needed because of the damage boost it got (Range boost is damage boost aswell).

So hey, I like it.
Illwill Bill
End of employment history
#8 - 2011-11-28 15:42:40 UTC
My Hurricane approves.Twisted
Vincent Gaines
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#9 - 2011-11-28 15:53:28 UTC
SMT008 wrote:
Hail change is fine. It still have it's -25% tracking, which is needed because of the damage boost it got (Range boost is damage boost aswell).

So hey, I like it.

2 TEs fix that and is standard on most fits anyway.

Not a diplo. 

The above post was edited for spelling.

Max Von Sydow
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2011-11-28 16:02:33 UTC
I really don't think that 30% less tracking is enough drawback, especially not when you look at conflag and void since both of them has both tracking and range penalties.
Herr Wilkus
Aggressive Salvage Services LLC
#11 - 2011-11-28 16:02:55 UTC
I don't have a problem with the Gallente buff, per se.

Its just the response it got was pathetic. (Waah, not big enough, doesn't go far enough!)
And that they insisted on simultaneously yelling for major changes to Min/Projectiles (Waah, Nerf Falloff, Nerf Tornado!)

And then - to top that off, then insist that Projectile T2 Ammo MUST continue to be worthless, while all other types of unused flawed T2 ammo were getting fixed. Talk about pathetic.

Most of the whining is just a shameless attempt to lobby CCP for a ham-handed, simultaneous large adjustment in an attempt to make Projectiles dysfunctional again, while leaving Lasers untouched.
Roosterton
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2011-11-28 16:03:36 UTC
Vincent Gaines wrote:
SMT008 wrote:

So hey, I like it.

Yes, and while those two TE's are busy "fixing" hail, they could be used with other ammo to make it better, rather than less worse.
Hungry Eyes
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2011-11-28 16:04:44 UTC
Herr Wilkus wrote:
massive Hybrid buff

i lol'd
Max Von Sydow
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2011-11-28 16:10:03 UTC
Herr Wilkus wrote:
I don't have a problem with the Gallente buff, per se.

Its just the response it got was pathetic. (Waah, not big enough, doesn't go far enough!)
And that they insisted on simultaneously yelling for major changes to Min/Projectiles (Waah, Nerf Falloff, Nerf Tornado!)

And then - to top that off, then insist that Projectile T2 Ammo MUST continue to be worthless, while all other types of unused flawed T2 ammo were getting fixed. Talk about pathetic.

Most of the whining is just a shameless attempt to lobby CCP for a ham-handed, simultaneous large adjustment in an attempt to make Projectiles dysfunctional again, while leaving Lasers untouched.

Yes, because it was only gallente players that complained about winmatar getting buffed. RollRoll
Also, the T2 other ammos that are getting buffed are Javelin, Gleam and Quake, notice how one of those is a projectile ammo type. That means that minmatar has 2 T2 ammo types that are getting buffed, compared to one hybrid, one laser and zero missiles.
Vincent Gaines
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#15 - 2011-11-28 16:13:19 UTC
Roosterton wrote:
Vincent Gaines wrote:
SMT008 wrote:

So hey, I like it.

Yes, and while those two TE's are busy "fixing" hail, they could be used with other ammo to make it better, rather than less worse.

Now you have fixed tracking, awesome falloff, and incredible damage instead of fixed tracking, crap falloff, and incredibel damage.

It's a pretty powerful buff, but then again all T2 ammo is being buffed. The problem is that projectiles excel in every range and every situation now.

Not a diplo. 

The above post was edited for spelling.

Apertalus
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#16 - 2012-01-01 12:26:23 UTC
Am I going crazy, or did CCP renege on the Hail ammo falloff improvement?: Loaded into my gun, I'm getting 50km falloff with Hail, and 67km falloff with EMP. I could have sworn that Hail and EMP had the same falloff last week or so?

Both Hail and EMP (for example) have the same description of a -50% bonus to range, but they do not, in practice (by my observation above) actually have the same falloff. Is this a bug, did CCP change their mind, or did I not have a falloff of 67km with Hail last week?
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#17 - 2012-01-01 12:36:06 UTC
Did I miss something?

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Schalac
Apocalypse Reign
#18 - 2012-01-01 12:45:11 UTC
Herr Wilkus wrote:
Sweet, if true.

If you are suicide ganking and falloff is your problem then you fail miserably. That is all.

SCHALAC HAS SPOKEN!! http://eveboard.com/pilot/Schalac