These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Something's wrong with EVE Gate

First post
Author
Antihrist Pripravnik
Scorpion Road Industry
#21 - 2014-02-26 12:55:52 UTC
A thread titled "Something's wrong with EVE Gate" and a blue dev bar on it....

I kinda hoped it had something to do with some Eve gate live event https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/EVE_gate_%28Location%29Bear

Anyway, since the character selection widow got updated, I am not disappointed Blink
CCP Logibro
C C P
C C P Alliance
#22 - 2014-02-26 15:25:07 UTC
And for those of you having issues with character selection: Web tells me they're on it.

CCP Logibro // EVE Universe Community Team // Distributor of Nanites // Patron Saint of Logistics

@CCP_Logibro

CCP Svarthol
C C P
#23 - 2014-02-26 15:36:17 UTC
We are indeed on it, there seems to be a slight error in the new character selection screen. Currently we are working under the assumption that characters not docked in station are getting the error. You can still browse to other features on EVE Gate (mail, contacts etc), just not the character selection.

If you are able to dock your character that might help until we deploy a fix.

I'm CCP Svarthol, your friendly neighbourhood web developer

tgl3
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2014-02-26 16:18:56 UTC
CCP Svarthol wrote:
We are indeed on it, there seems to be a slight error in the new character selection screen. Currently we are working under the assumption that characters not docked in station are getting the error. You can still browse to other features on EVE Gate (mail, contacts etc), just not the character selection.

If you are able to dock your character that might help until we deploy a fix.

CCP hurting wormholers again.
Kidding. I get the error on both my accounts, both main characters (aka the forum-selected ones) are undocked.
Mag's
Azn Empire
#25 - 2014-02-26 16:24:42 UTC
Straight

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

IDGAD
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2014-02-26 16:38:40 UTC
I came here thinking there was something special going on with the REAL EVE gate, and instead I found it was just some useless EVE website BS. IDGAD is sad now.
Django Askulf
Best Kept Dunked
#27 - 2014-02-26 16:42:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Django Askulf
The character selection page is bad. Looks like someone didnt know any CSS.
Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#28 - 2014-02-26 17:24:40 UTC
Editing bio via EVE Gate seems to work fine now. o7
Mag's
Azn Empire
#29 - 2014-02-26 18:30:47 UTC
Django Askulf wrote:
The character selection page is bad. Looks like someone didnt know any CSS.
Just looked and my jaw literally dropped. WTH Shocked

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

KIller Wabbit
MEME Thoughts
#30 - 2014-02-26 19:28:53 UTC
All Characters are docked - broken.
Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2014-02-26 19:34:44 UTC
Em arr Roids wrote:
My god I didn't realise the gate char screen changed. It's terrible and feels like an amateur threw it together.

Yes AOL internet called and asked for their web design back.
Yourmoney Mywallet
Doomheim
#32 - 2014-02-26 21:41:48 UTC
Looks much better now. Spiffy, even!
CCP Svarthol
C C P
#33 - 2014-02-27 11:39:26 UTC
We have deployed a fix for the character selection screen in EVE Gate, please reply here if you experience further issues in the character selection screen. I know there was at least one player in this thread how reported the error even though all characters were docked. So far I've been unable to reproduce that specific case, if you have any more details I would be much obliged.

Kara Jordan
Disturbing Silence
#34 - 2014-02-27 12:05:05 UTC
Character Selection page shows up now. BUT when browsing through profile, mails, contacts, etc occasionally the selected character switches to the other character of this account. I know this behaviour only from logging in/out other accounts.
CCP Svarthol
C C P
#35 - 2014-02-27 13:46:15 UTC
Kara Jordan wrote:
Character Selection page shows up now. BUT when browsing through profile, mails, contacts, etc occasionally the selected character switches to the other character of this account. I know this behaviour only from logging in/out other accounts.

Thanks for pointing that out, after looking into it I noticed that too! As a result we just made an adjustment to the EVE Gate configuration, if you're still getting the character mix up, please do let us know.

Circumstantial Evidence
#36 - 2014-02-27 16:40:47 UTC
I can't edit text on EVE-Gate with IE 10.
Works fine in Firefox 27, on the same computer.

I can read text of inbox messages, but when I attempt compose a new mail message or reply,
the "Rich text editor, mailContents,..." iframe is somehow blocked from appearing.

• Compose / Reply works as expected when I turn on IE 10 developer tools, and set Document Mode: IE 9 standards.
  • Please feature-creep and add Tables to EVE-Mail Cool

Mag's
Azn Empire
#37 - 2014-02-27 21:16:54 UTC
Caviar Liberta wrote:
Em arr Roids wrote:
My god I didn't realise the gate char screen changed. It's terrible and feels like an amateur threw it together.

Yes AOL internet called and asked for their web design back.
I don't remember AOL ever being quite that bad.

Dersen Lowery
The Scope
#38 - 2014-02-28 03:24:44 UTC
Posting to follow up: Looks great on Safari in Mac OS X 10.9.2.

Proud founder and member of the Belligerent Desirables.

I voted in CSM X!

Previous page12