These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

My EVE

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Video Project] One Man Crew - Collective Solo PvP

First post First post First post
Author
Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#201 - 2014-02-26 21:55:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Mizhir
Hey everyone

Due the low amount of submissions we have decided toextend the deadline with an additional month.
The new deadline is now March 27th. In addition we will allow you to submit more than 1 fight.

The reason we are doing this is that by February 26th we have received 18 submissions, which is a relatively low amount considering that the video will feature up to 15 fights. We want this project to feature some of the best fights among the Solo PvP community and therefore we need a larger pool of fights for the panel of judges to pick from.

The nature of this contest has caused many people to doubt themselves and judge their own capabilities in advance. This results in a situation where people are too “afraid” of submitting their fight as it isn’t perfect. We have received messages from a couple hundred players who wanted to give it a go, but as we had only received 18 submissions it is clear that there are many people out there who gave up. Therefore by letting everyone submit more than 1 fight, we will relieve the pressure that some people put on themselves and hopefully encourage more to submit their fights. Also, the knowledge that there have only been a few submissions can hopefully encourage you guys to give it another shot! And the extra month will give you time for it. So there is still a good chance... And remember that you can’t win if you don’t submit :-)

I hope you understand our choices. Our goal is to create an epic PvP video. So we can promote the joys Solo PvP in Eve, and maybe even lure some new players into the game.

This project is its own reward, no one particular player/game entity gains anything here, except the pilots who will feature in the final video. Drop all the fears and hesitations, and give it your best shot. This upcoming month is the last chance, there will be no further extensions. Undock a ship, and enjoy the beauty of Eve. All you've got to lose is a bit of ISK, and the possibility of rewards are endless. The fun, the glory, the emotion, even if it is disappointments, even if its a hairline difference in a structure battle, the adrenaline, the hunt, the possible victory, the contest awards, the ISK, the ships, the final video, you as the hero, the search, the deep space solitude roaming, the rush, that rare perfect fight where your fit truly shine, where all your piloting instincts strike gold, none of this can happen if you don't try. We're counting on you. There is no one else. Not "you" as in the community. You as in the individual one who reads this now.

Mizhir, Aldap and the judges.

❤️️💛💚💙💜

LtauSTinpoWErs
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#202 - 2014-02-26 22:20:32 UTC
Good to hear :) I have been super busy these last two months and haven't been able to solo much. I look forward to submitting something...
big miker
Handsome Millionaire Playboys
Sedition.
#203 - 2014-02-26 23:18:56 UTC
I was so looking forward to today Sad

Oh well, I can understand the the choice to extend the deadline.
18 submissions aren't alot, I expected way more Shocked

Good luck for anather month.
Longdrinks
Zero Fun Allowed
xqtywiznalamywmodxfhhopawzpqyjdwrpeptuaenabjawdzku
#204 - 2014-02-26 23:24:16 UTC
I can guarantee you that whatever you post some backseat FC is going to explain to you how you should have done it and how you are bad so therefore you shouldnt sweat it and just submit whatever you have Cool
Aznwithbeard
OMGROFLSTOMP
#205 - 2014-02-27 01:16:33 UTC
Nice, my EVE time has been cut SOOO drastically the past two months, glad i have some time to find something to submit.

OMGROFLSTOMP

"We sort of mean business 75% of the time"

Kinborough
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#206 - 2014-02-27 03:40:50 UTC
Aznwithbeard wrote:
Nice, my EVE time has been cut SOOO drastically the past two months, glad i have some time to find something to submit.

Oh you weren't going to get any footage anyway.
Tho'mas
Nerds United
#207 - 2014-02-27 03:53:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Tho'mas
This post was edited by the poster because he originally made it when his brain was impaired by the Ambien he had taken, and the next morning it looked utterly stupid.
IIFraII
The Red Circle Inc.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#208 - 2014-02-27 07:37:41 UTC
You nailed it Mizhir =)

At least the judges themselves dont get to submit anything, or do they?
Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#209 - 2014-02-27 09:23:26 UTC
IIFraII wrote:
You nailed it Mizhir =)

No, the judges will not be able to participate in the contest itself.

❤️️💛💚💙💜

Liam Inkuras
Furnace
#210 - 2014-02-27 13:48:45 UTC
Mizhir wrote:
IIFraII wrote:
You nailed it Mizhir =)

No, the judges will not be able to participate in the contest itself.

No free ships or isk for Prom P

I wear my goggles at night.

Any spelling/grammatical errors come complimentary with my typing on a phone

Hoodie Mafia
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#211 - 2014-02-27 14:24:32 UTC
Will submit one as well, promise!
Delt0r Garsk
Shits N Giggles
#212 - 2014-02-27 14:25:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Delt0r Garsk
Great news. I had RL stuff for the last month. Also the more than one fight is a really good idea. Trying to choose one is not easy. Well i my case it is... They are all where i die horribly and painfully.

[edit] Also in my attempt to use boosters, i ended up buying a 200M skill book by accident. Def going to use boosters now!

AKA the scientist.

Death and Glory!

Well fun is also good.

Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#213 - 2014-02-27 16:54:07 UTC
Delt0r Garsk wrote:
Great news. I had RL stuff for the last month. Also the more than one fight is a really good idea. Trying to choose one is not easy. Well i my case it is... They are all where i die horribly and painfully.

[edit] Also in my attempt to use boosters, i ended up buying a 200M skill book by accident. Def going to use boosters now!

Yep, its a rediculous price on that skillbook.

❤️️💛💚💙💜

roigon
TURN LEFT
#214 - 2014-02-27 17:18:11 UTC
With being able to submit more then 1 fight I'll just submit one horrible terrible fight now which is unfortunately the only thing I've been able to get so far since getting a good solo engagement in a frigging armour harbinger is apparently not quite easy.

If anything it will show how terrible I am at pvp.
Pew Terror
All of it
#215 - 2014-02-28 15:55:10 UTC
Good to hear this.

I have been reluctant to try to get some good footage due to unlinked solo engagements not looking as grand (dont have access to links *sadface*) and being a relatively low sp character.

Will submit some of the above mediocre stuff in cheap noobable fits.

Owen Levanth
Sagittarius Unlimited Exploration
#216 - 2014-02-28 17:06:02 UTC
This extension is great! Not only because now I can submit two more fights: The last fight I had actually ended in me getting one kill in before being blasted apart. Without the extension, I wouldn't have been able to submit this.

Yes, it may sound strange after all my posts about how incompetent I am, but the last fight actually was a lot less one-sided then I anticipated. My Caracal against a duo of Assault-frigates and my tank held just long enough to get one of them.

I'm starting to render the two videos right now and should submit them tomorrow morning. And that's enough, I think.

Three entries made and five cruisers sacrificed to the PVP-god. Pirate
Kinborough
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#217 - 2014-02-28 20:28:36 UTC
Just a reminder to people, it doesnt matter if you don't have links.
Or if you're not engaging a 20man gang and laughing as you pick them off with ungodly tanking or flying, it matters that you try and have fun.
Half of the purpose of this is to foster solo pvp (and to many pvp in general) among the populace.
So go out, die/kill/fly and HAVE FUN, ask questions to people who seem to know more.

And dont be afraid to submit a fight, even if you think its subpar. The value of a gift is often not in it's intrinsic value but the meaning of it.
Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#218 - 2014-02-28 20:36:50 UTC
Kinborough wrote:
Or if you're not engaging a 20man gang and laughing as you pick them off with ungodly tanking or flying, it matters that you try and have fun.
Half of the purpose of this is to foster solo pvp (and to many pvp in general) among the populace.
So go out, die/kill/fly and HAVE FUN, ask questions to people who seem to know more.

And dont be afraid to submit a fight, even if you think its subpar. The value of a gift is often not in it's intrinsic value but the meaning of it.

Spot on.

If a person uses links, we expect more from that person than if he haven't used links. So a t1 cruiser punching above it's weight will definitely be a better fight than a linked blingy ship that stomps someone who didn't have a chance.

Some of our submissions have already shown amazing things people can do in a t1 cruiser, even from low skilled players. So it is definitely worth for anyone to give it a try.

❤️️💛💚💙💜

Owen Levanth
Sagittarius Unlimited Exploration
#219 - 2014-03-02 11:26:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Owen Levanth
Mizhir wrote:
Kinborough wrote:

Spot on.

If a person uses links, we expect more from that person than if he haven't used links. So a t1 cruiser punching above it's weight will definitely be a better fight than a linked blingy ship that stomps someone who didn't have a chance.

Some of our submissions have already shown amazing things people can do in a t1 cruiser, even from low skilled players. So it is definitely worth for anyone to give it a try.

Just as a short head's up, I just noticed while visiting family some of the links in my last submission Eve-mail don't work. As soon as I get back home I repair the damage and resend the submission mail.

Edit:

Nevermind, in-game the links all work as intended, just the display of the sent mail in Eve Gate is ****** up for some reason. But I'm still re-uploading the Caracal-video, since it has lost it's audio during encoding for some reason.
Fenix Returned
UK Corp
Goonswarm Federation
#220 - 2014-03-03 17:17:27 UTC
Been trying to get some good fights but whenever I watch my fraps back it just looks boring as hell! Happy to submit them of you have a bloopers section though ;)