These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

deployable structures: mobile siphon

First post
Author
agharaster
Hoplite Brigade
Ushra'Khan
#1 - 2014-02-26 09:42:50 UTC
Deploying a siphon out of a pos should be considered an aggression act and the owner of the pos should be able to kill it without standing penalties.

Last week I killed a siphon out of my pos that was deployed by a guy in my same militia, result: I have lost 2.5 standing with my militia.
That seems not fair in my opinion, since the siphon is not anonymous I think the player that deployed it should be killable by the pos owner (alliance or corp members).

thats my 2 cents about it.

o7
agha
Shpenat
Ironman Inc.
Transgress
#2 - 2014-02-26 10:41:11 UTC
This looks more like a bug or omission on the side of CCP rather than intentional gameplay.

I suggest you report it as a bug and/or petition it.
agharaster
Hoplite Brigade
Ushra'Khan
#3 - 2014-02-26 11:08:13 UTC
Shpenat wrote:
This looks more like a bug or omission on the side of CCP rather than intentional gameplay.

I suggest you report it as a bug and/or petition it.

yep but GM's said they can fix the sec loss but can't do anything on mechanic side, its a stuff for ccp.

P.S. maybe also a reinforcement mechanic for siphons would be nice.
Noxisia Arkana
Deadspace Knights
#4 - 2014-02-26 14:07:11 UTC
Yeah, that is kinda a problem. I would agree that it was probably unintentional.
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#5 - 2014-02-26 14:56:12 UTC
If they fix the bug then it should be fine but i dont think that its ok to just be able to have kill rights on the owners of those things.
Kaerakh
Obscure Joke Implied
#6 - 2014-02-26 15:03:09 UTC
Considering the precedent is a majority, if not all, of these deployables have no consequence for their destruction, I think it's safe to assume that it is a bug. This shouldn't be in features and ideas.
Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#7 - 2014-02-26 15:37:35 UTC
this has everything to do with FW's stupid standings mechanics and little to do with siphons.

Did you shoot it with your ship or did you use pos guns?

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#8 - 2014-02-26 19:23:50 UTC
Thread has been moved to Issues, Workarounds & Localization.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)