These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

LEGIT ideas to improve wormhole space

First post
Author
Enraku Reynolt
Of Tears and ISK
#141 - 2014-02-26 02:32:03 UTC
maybe an single use anchorable idea that lets you drill a wormhole to empire
so if your only getting null sec holes and deeper WHs, you can get out
but have it take a decent amount of time to run before making ahole, and have the hole only last maybe 4 hours

and it broadcats system wide llike a cyno
dan skirata
The Ends Justify The Means
#142 - 2014-02-26 02:37:41 UTC
Enraku Reynolt wrote:
maybe an single use anchorable idea that lets you drill a wormhole to empire
so if your only getting null sec holes and deeper WHs, you can get out
but have it take a decent amount of time to run before making ahole, and have the hole only last maybe 4 hours

and it broadcats system wide llike a cyno

Nope nope nope. Way too cheap, the whole point of a wormhole is that if you don't have a HS static if could possibly be days before you have HS access.

Buddy Invite Program. Sign up with my link using valid payment methods and you will get 80% of the value of a Plex plus free lifetime advice.

Proclus Diadochu
Mar Sarrim
Red Coat Conspiracy
#143 - 2014-02-26 02:40:01 UTC
Joshua Lorne wrote:
99% of the suggestions in this thread would ruin it.

How do you figure?

Minister of High Society | Twitter: @autoritare

E-mail: [email protected]

My Blog: http://diogenes-club.blogspot.com/

The Diogenes Club | Join W-Space | Down The Pipe

Bane Nucleus
Dark Venture Corporation
#144 - 2014-02-26 02:57:42 UTC
Joshua Lorne wrote:

Other then that, the only thing really broken is Data/Relic/Ghost sites being nothing but worthless clutter on my scan window.
But I can live with that.

I agree with all your points but this one. You are missing out on some decent isk if you pass these by. If you can stomach the hacking game, it's pretty good.

No trolling please

Jack Miton
Perkone
Caldari State
#145 - 2014-02-26 03:08:39 UTC
Joshua Lorne wrote:
I've said it before, I'll say it again
W-Space is the least broken part of Eve.

POS changes are not W-Space issues alone but game wide issues and will be treated as such by CCP.

Other then that, the only thing really broken is Data/Relic/Ghost sites being nothing but worthless clutter on my scan window.

Overall, based on the suggestions here, the best thing CCP could do for wormhole space... Is nothing.
Leave them alone.

but bro!!!! conflict drivers!!!!! *flails arms*

nah in all seriousness, youre absolutely right.

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Tul Breetai
Impromptu Asset Requisition
#146 - 2014-02-26 03:25:01 UTC
Joshua Lorne wrote:

POS changes are not W-Space issues alone but game wide issues and will be treated as such by CCP.

Overall, based on the suggestions here, the best thing CCP could do for wormhole space... Is nothing.
Leave them alone.

Most of the wild ideas are revolutionary and completely unnecessary, but I'm sick of rolling into holes that have nothing to do. We need more people to kill.

There's nothing worse than an EVE player, generally considered to be top of the food chain in the MMO world, that cannot smacktalk with wit and coherency.

Joshua Lorne
The Night Crew
The Night Crew Alliance
#147 - 2014-02-26 04:53:48 UTC
The one benefit of the recently fixed SMA bug, was less smaller groups were getting burned out of lower class wormholes.
Resulting in a small, slow increase in wormhole population, in the lower class holes anyways.
Hopefully this continues.
marVLs
#148 - 2014-02-26 11:47:54 UTC
Fix WH mining...
Red Teufel
Calamitous-Intent
Feign Disorder
#149 - 2014-02-26 13:44:00 UTC
WHs are fine the way they are. just make each wh unique in the pve.... not random triggers... actual different rats, story, anoms ect. otherwise i would not change them.
Xtrah
Outer Heaven Logistics
NoHo Citizen
#150 - 2014-02-26 13:48:07 UTC
Joshua Lorne wrote:

Leave them alone.

+1 on this post. Seems like most people wants personal SMAs and so on. Am I the only one who enjoy having this completely different environment where you sort of need to trust the ones you live with? Don't make w-space more equal to k-space, remember why most of us came here in the first place.
Bane Nucleus
Dark Venture Corporation
#151 - 2014-02-26 14:01:14 UTC
NoHo doesn't always post on the forums. But when they do, they make a lot of sense.

No trolling please

Rek Seven
The Persuaders
#152 - 2014-02-26 16:36:20 UTC
Bane, aren't roaming sleepers and many of the other ideas in this thread "legit" ideas? The list is looking a little small...
Rek Seven
The Persuaders
#153 - 2014-02-26 17:10:59 UTC
What do people think of a random wormhole generator? It would be like rolling your static without doing it through mass...
Bane Nucleus
Dark Venture Corporation
#154 - 2014-02-26 17:22:35 UTC
Rek Seven wrote:
Bane, aren't roaming sleepers and many of the other ideas in this thread "legit" ideas? The list is looking a little small...

I will update when I have some time.

No trolling please

Duke Wendo
Interstellar Expeditionary Group
Einstein-Rosen Brigade
#155 - 2014-03-02 19:55:32 UTC
Tul Breetai wrote:
Joshua Lorne wrote:

Leave them alone.

Most of the wild ideas are revolutionary and completely unnecessary, but I'm sick of rolling into holes that have nothing to do. We need more people to kill.

This is what I'm trying to explain to most people here regarding 'conflict drivers' and the idea that more wormhole connections would somehow be a 'fix' for more wormhole pvp.

The typical encounter when we 'rage roll' statics or 'rage scan' chains is, Id estimate 99% systems with multiple active towers devoid of any players and 1% full on active systems that can immediately form up a 'defence' fleet. Although defence is a lose term as we wouldn't be interested in any tower or POS attacks as they favor the defenders way to much over any attacking force.

The time and effort it takes to attack a system compared with the gain (in terms of financial or entertainment, etc) is wayyy off.

When i roll a system there is a 99% chance there will be nothing to interact with. NOTHING!

I would love to see something semi- vulnerable that we could attack or deploy or SOMETHING- anything - in the time-frame of our wormhole lifespan.

The total lack of interaction is awful.

Joshua Lorne
The Night Crew
The Night Crew Alliance
#156 - 2014-03-02 20:35:24 UTC
If people are not online, they are not online.
blowing up vulnerable structures will not make people magically log in.
People live in different timezones, and most of us work for a living.

Not all of us can be ingame 24/7, able to log in at anytime.

It's just not feesable
Duke Wendo
Interstellar Expeditionary Group
Einstein-Rosen Brigade
#157 - 2014-03-02 22:18:28 UTC
Joshua Lorne wrote:
If people are not online, they are not online.
blowing up vulnerable structures will not make people magically log in.
People live in different timezones, and most of us work for a living.

Not all of us can be ingame 24/7, able to log in at anytime.

It's just not feesable

You misunderstand, but are correct that people will not 'magically log in' when people connect to a system- that would be a good feature though- maybe a CSM can make it happen for us.

Back to reality- When we open up into a system, every moon could have a full tower with industry, equipment, wealth and packed with a thousand players. However the attacking force will get zero interactions unless they choose to bring a LOT of firepower and are prepared to wait like what? 25+ hours? Which is longer than our w-hole connections last.

So the minimum interaction I can have with your stuff is to go for your P.I.....
10 million shields, 500 thousand armour and 300 thousand structure with a 25 hour invulnerable timer.
I have to wait up to 25 hours and even then, nobody need show up to defend- a new one costs a measly 100 mill (less than a lot of ships!)
What would I get in return for this time and effort? A POCO kill mail... risk vs reward?

Where are the other 'things' you put in your system that I can come and blow up?

Sick of hearing about the lack of 23/7 TZ coverage being thrown around for the reason everything has to have a reinforce timer. Let players defend what players build and if they can't defend it then either recruit more or build it in high sec.
The siphons are a move in the right direction but I would like to see more stuff to do to be a nuisance in someone else's territory.
Where is the stuff for small/ medium gangs to do when we raid other systems?
unimatrix0030
Mass Collapse
It Must Be Jelly Cause Jam Don't Shake
#158 - 2014-03-02 23:29:28 UTC
-POS rework
-POS rework
-POS rework
-POS rework

-Double w-space static c4
yes please but only w-space statics and preferably one to c1-c4 and one to c5-c6.

-mass reducing rigs
sounds ok

-solar system development?
-settlement building in solar systems?
What do you mean by this ?
If it gives us more fun stuff to shoot or getting more fights i am all for it.
Farms and fields to burn are fun. Maybe something that gives more isk when you do it but not less when you don't?
Or do you mean more iskies?
The trick would be that there should be some mechanic in it that an outnumbered defender could disrupt the burning of the field.
Lets say if there needs to be 5 guys doing something to "burn" the field ,1 defender can try and disrupt that, but while trying he can be caught and killed.
Wich can be used to escalte of course.
And if the farm is a net add of isk with no disadvantage people will put them up.
And if the gain in isk is large enough people will try and disrupt the burning of the field.
Wich means more pvp.
To station i would say no, because stations mean docking games... .
A place to get out and walk around in station? Maybe later when there is actualy something to do there.

Some people want to make the c1-c4 make more isks then L4 missions is that the pve sites only or more stuff?
If the risk/reward balance is flawed it should be fixed. But then the risk reward of c5-c6 should also be looked at.. .
Should that be in steps, like c1 sites gives more then c2,... .
Are you sure you don't want c1 and or c2 to stay below that, because if you make it the same payouts as lvl4's then it would mean it would also need the same risk as lvl4's.
That could mean that lower skill players and newbies can't do them and so that would make the number of people coming into wormholes smallers.
Wich means less targets for everyone!

Also think if the t3 ship change turns out into a nerf we will all get a hit in the risk/reward balance!
Only T3 changes i would want to see is to make every subsystem relevant not just nerfing everything into oblivion.
More types of T3's would be nice also.

I think arget has a point with this :
Quote:

My income should come from my entire chain, and not my home.

With the current escalation mechanics, it's far safer and more profitable to stay at home to make my ISK than it is to try to venture out and explore what's around me. It isn't even possible to fully utilize anoms without moving in, since even a fully committed lockout farming crew will only get 3 of the 4 needed capitals into a connected system. That's insane. I would very much like to see the PVE updated so that there are c5 and c6 sites across the spectrum from non-escalatable to some which could pay off with as many as six capitals. Ore sites which escalate on rorquals! I shouldn't be able to collapse all connections, leave the static unopened, and then be in position for most efficient carebearing.

-Black Holes
I would say change it into something like the people that ask for a c7 want.I don't think we should add more wormholes but bether use the ones we have.
More people/system before more systems.

-Self destructing within a Force field to be disabled.
yes please

-Remove instant signature list and spawning.
yes please! It should be at least the time you need to press the probe scanbutton and getting the results.

-No Wh stabalizer you dumb ass fools.
I would want it to be added into the forum rules that anyone even meantioning "Wh stabalizer would be a good idea" would be autmaticly considered as a troll and dealth acording to the rules of trolling.

-alliance bookmarks
yes please

-mobile trade post idea
I personaly think it is strange not to shoot everyone on the overview but if it can atrackt more people in wormhole space why not.
It could also be used to trade randsom when evicting people... .
It might even create a new kind of w-space player, wich means more targets to shoot!

-dead pos hack/salave feature
yes please, if it hasn't been fueled for a month make it be able to salvage/steal.

-random chances of holes collapsing:
Nope would just be annoying everyone would just fit a mobile depot and probelauncher and we just have more time to scan theirselfs out. No real added value there.

-RP content
sure i would love to hear more sleeper lore , but lets face it CCP doesn't want to do that.

-jumpclones?
No jumpclone, but switching clones can be handy and would promote fights.
People with expensive implants could switch them out or cheaper ones and go out and fight.

Quote:

There is a definite pull to make wh space easier and safer and more k-spacier. Please resist that. We don't need more players in wh space - we need more good/fun players in wh space.

Quote:
entirely new K space systems only accessible through W space connections

sound like fun.

Quote:
implants which would provide a one-time T3 loss without losing SP before being consumed.

good idea

No local in null sec would fix everything!

Tul Breetai
Impromptu Asset Requisition
#159 - 2014-03-03 02:02:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Tul Breetai
Duke Wendo wrote:

This is what I'm trying to explain to most people here regarding 'conflict drivers' and the idea that more wormhole connections would somehow be a 'fix' for more wormhole pvp.

The typical encounter when we 'rage roll' statics or 'rage scan' chains is, Id estimate 99% systems with multiple active towers devoid of any players and 1% full on active systems that can immediately form up a 'defence' fleet. Although defence is a lose term as we wouldn't be interested in any tower or POS attacks as they favor the defenders way to much over any attacking force.

The time and effort it takes to attack a system compared with the gain (in terms of financial or entertainment, etc) is wayyy off.

When i roll a system there is a 99% chance there will be nothing to interact with. NOTHING!

I would love to see something semi- vulnerable that we could attack or deploy or SOMETHING- anything - in the time-frame of our wormhole lifespan.

The total lack of interaction is awful.

I think we misunderstood each other. I meant rolling as in "rolling into town" i.e. I roll into a hole just going down chains and there's **** all to do. I'm not looking for defence fleets either, I'm looking for activity, someone to stalk and kill.
unimatrix0030 wrote:
-mobile trade post idea
I personaly think it is strange not to shoot everyone on the overview but if it can atrackt more people in wormhole space why not.
It could also be used to trade randsom when evicting people... .
It might even create a new kind of w-space player, wich means more targets to shoot!

If they were to make it anchorable inside ff or make a pos mod that does this, it can be used to sell stuff to your own guys as well. The days of freight containers full of charges/bubbles/bombs operating on the honor system would be over!

Rest of the stuff you said: +1
Xtrah wrote:

+1 on this post. Seems like most people wants personal SMAs and so on. Am I the only one who enjoy having this completely different environment where you sort of need to trust the ones you live with? Don't make w-space more equal to k-space, remember why most of us came here in the first place.

You came to wormhole space to be forced to trust everyone you recruit?

There's nothing worse than an EVE player, generally considered to be top of the food chain in the MMO world, that cannot smacktalk with wit and coherency.

Axloth Okiah
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#160 - 2014-03-03 08:11:34 UTC
Xtrah wrote:
Seems like most people wants personal SMAs and so on. Am I the only one who enjoy having this completely different environment where you sort of need to trust the ones you live with? Don't make w-space more equal to k-space, remember why most of us came here in the first place.
I see your point but this is imho the most significant hurdle in bringing more and new people into wspace.