These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

My EVE

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Video Project] One Man Crew - Collective Solo PvP

First post First post First post
Author
Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#181 - 2014-02-20 19:05:21 UTC
One week left. Get your a-game on :D

❤️️💛💚💙💜

Leeloo Killik
Fweddit
Free Range Chikuns
#182 - 2014-02-21 04:03:44 UTC
Mizhir wrote:

If only I could get a decent fight :)
Owen Levanth
Sagittarius Unlimited Exploration
#183 - 2014-02-21 15:32:36 UTC
Leeloo Killik wrote:
Mizhir wrote:

If only I could get a decent fight :)

Try easy mode: Open up your in-game map or dotlan, look at a faction war system with lots of killed ships in the last hour, then go there and troll around some medium- or large PLEX.
Valleria Darkmoon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#184 - 2014-02-24 06:23:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Valleria Darkmoon
Just heard about this recently and wanted to get some footage if I could but I've been having an issue with fraps. Not sure if anyone can help me out with this but with all the video makers in here maybe someone has seen this before. My footage has been coming out with a heavy blue tint and so it looks awful, certainly not worthy of a video. (Imagine the game as if most of it were fluorescing under a black light)

This has been a very recent problem and I'm not aware of any changes to my computer nor have I changed computers but I used to fraps fights before when I was learning to pvp to identify mistakes and they always turned out just fine quality wise and I have no idea what may have changed. EVE is also the only game I own that has this problem, I did sample footage from every other game on my PC and none of them have this issue. An online search suggested I clear out my monitor color profiles which I did but to no avail. This seems to be an EVE only issue as well so if anyone can provide any insight it would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I just noticed as well that the framerate counter for FRAPS turns teal (blue when recording) in EVE as opposed to yellow/red in every other game, when I did previous recordings of EVE that turned out correctly the framerate counter was yellow/red.

Reality has an almost infinite capacity to resist oversimplification.

Leeloo Killik
Fweddit
Free Range Chikuns
#185 - 2014-02-24 14:06:59 UTC
Valleria Darkmoon wrote:
Just heard about this recently and wanted to get some footage if I could but I've been having an issue with fraps. Not sure if anyone can help me out with this but with all the video makers in here maybe someone has seen this before. My footage has been coming out with a heavy blue tint and so it looks awful, certainly not worthy of a video. (Imagine the game as if most of it were fluorescing under a black light)

This has been a very recent problem and I'm not aware of any changes to my computer nor have I changed computers but I used to fraps fights before when I was learning to pvp to identify mistakes and they always turned out just fine quality wise and I have no idea what may have changed. EVE is also the only game I own that has this problem, I did sample footage from every other game on my PC and none of them have this issue. An online search suggested I clear out my monitor color profiles which I did but to no avail. This seems to be an EVE only issue as well so if anyone can provide any insight it would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I just noticed as well that the framerate counter for FRAPS turns teal (blue when recording) in EVE as opposed to yellow/red in every other game, when I did previous recordings of EVE that turned out correctly the framerate counter was yellow/red.

Try to reinstall fraps. It will update the codec details. Also I solved most of my problems with fraps simply uninstalling all the codec packs. Uninstall VLC if you are using it. VLC sometimes plays fraps footage with weird elements, try to open captured vid in a different player as well to see where the problem really is.
Valleria Darkmoon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#186 - 2014-02-25 04:05:20 UTC
Leeloo Killik wrote:
Valleria Darkmoon wrote:

Try to reinstall fraps. It will update the codec details. Also I solved most of my problems with fraps simply uninstalling all the codec packs. Uninstall VLC if you are using it. VLC sometimes plays fraps footage with weird elements, try to open captured vid in a different player as well to see where the problem really is.

Tried that and everything works again now, much appreciated.

Reality has an almost infinite capacity to resist oversimplification.

Jureth22
State War Academy
Caldari State
#187 - 2014-02-26 01:34:36 UTC
one day left
Tho'mas
Nerds United
#188 - 2014-02-26 04:17:11 UTC
Done. So sorry for the wall of text I just eve-mailed you. But you asked for as much information as possible. ;)
SkyFlyer
The Last Hope
#189 - 2014-02-26 18:20:07 UTC
This Month extension thing true? Can anyone confirm that it's really been extended another month?
Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#190 - 2014-02-26 18:28:30 UTC
It's true. And we are allowing ppl to submit more than 1 fight.

We haven't made an official statement yet, but will write something once I have had dinner.

❤️️💛💚💙💜

Tho'mas
Nerds United
#191 - 2014-02-26 18:33:30 UTC
Mizhir wrote:
It's true. And we are allowing ppl to submit more than 1 fight.

We haven't made an official statement yet, but will write something once I have had dinner.

*$#&*@#$&*(&@#@#$&*(!!!!!!

*bangs head against desk*

So this really begs the question, how many (or most likely, how few) people submitted a fight?

Is that why the deadline was extended? Too few submissions? Or the submissions were not up to the quality you were hoping for?
Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#192 - 2014-02-26 18:38:21 UTC
We had 18 submissions. Thats very very few

We take the quality of the project very serious. And in order to get a selection of the best of the best we need a larger pool of fights to draw from.

Hopefully it will encourage people to submit their figts. Because there are many people out there who already judge themselves and think that their fight isn't good enough.

❤️️💛💚💙💜

EddieRio
Time Bandits.
#193 - 2014-02-26 18:51:31 UTC
Mizhir wrote:

We take the quality of the project very serious. And in order to get a selection of the best of the best we need a larger pool of fights to draw from.

Hopefully it will encourage people to submit their figts. Because there are many people out there who already judge themselves and think that their fight isn't good enough.

i was going to submit a fight, then re-read the rules and realised i wasnt allowed to post it on youtube before hand,, i put it in one of my pvp series,,, FACE PALM insert .gif here lol

All the dreams you've ever had - and not just the good ones ! My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/user/EDDIERI0

Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#194 - 2014-02-26 18:54:48 UTC
EddieRio wrote:
Mizhir wrote:

i was going to submit a fight, then re-read the rules and realised i wasnt allowed to post it on youtube before hand,, i put it in one of my pvp series,,, FACE PALM insert .gif here lol

We kinda want our fights to be new and interesting for the public. Hopefully the extra month will give you time to get a new one.

❤️️💛💚💙💜

Jureth22
State War Academy
Caldari State
#195 - 2014-02-26 18:57:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Jureth22
seriosly?you guys must be trolling.either way,the small number of videos received shows that solo is pretty much dead,and people arent intrested anymore.and honestly i dont think it will make much of a difference waiting another month.overall,i have to say i am pretty dissapoint of this whole contest,first another week extended,now another month with the option for adding more videos.doesnt inspire much confidence for the new people to get their asses into solo pvp`ing,in order to win isk/glory.

p.s i had a feeling this would happen
Tho'mas
Nerds United
#196 - 2014-02-26 18:59:03 UTC
Mizhir wrote:

Considering you were originally planning on featuring 15 fights I'd have to agree, 18 submissions is very very few indeed.

On the upside, now I don't have to worry about submitting the wrong fight. I've already got 2 others I'll add to the list.

FYI, when you guys suggested recording software in your original post, I believe you mention Fraps, Bandicam, and DXtory. I would like to suggest you add Nvidia Shadow play into that list. Anyone that has a Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 or higher can download it for free. I was playing around with it yesterday and so far it seems pretty fantastic, and the recording quality is much better than what dxtory was giving me, and used less hard drive space. (although I'll still have to compress it more if I want it to upload in a reasonable amount of time.
Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#197 - 2014-02-26 19:14:11 UTC
Jureth22 wrote:
seriosly?you guys must be trolling.either way,the small number of videos received shows that solo is pretty much dead,and people arent intrested anymore.and honestly i dont think it will make much of a difference waiting another month.overall,i have to say i am pretty dissapoint of this whole contest,first another week extended,now another month with the option for adding more videos.doesnt inspire much confidence for the new people to get their asses into solo pvp`ing,in order to win isk/glory.

p.s i had a feeling this would happen

Our goal is to provide a selection of some of the best fights among great pvp players. Sadly not enough had submitted which would end up with a quality lower than expected.

There are people out there who don't think their fight is good enough and want it to be absolutely perfect. By allowing more than 1 submission and giving them 1 extra month they will have the knowledge that they do infact have a decent chance and don't need to have a Garmon / Kil2 level fight. So yes, it will give more confidence. So far, the extendsion has been well recieved by people.

❤️️💛💚💙💜

Aldap
State War Academy
Caldari State
#198 - 2014-02-26 21:53:36 UTC
Tho'mas wrote:
Done. So sorry for the wall of text I just eve-mailed you. But you asked for as much information as possible. ;)

Awesome :-)

An interesting article about Solo PvP: http://themittani.com/features/new-eden-solo

Aldap
State War Academy
Caldari State
#199 - 2014-02-26 21:54:39 UTC
Chribba wrote:
Really sorry for all the trouble guys, I believe I located and fixed the upload problems for movies.

/c

Thank you very much for the effort!

An interesting article about Solo PvP: http://themittani.com/features/new-eden-solo

VegetaLord
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#200 - 2014-02-26 21:55:26 UTC
Goodluck to everyone involved.