These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

So I have 58 days of play left...

Author
Huuow
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2014-02-24 09:18:57 UTC
Eve is not for me, never was... So I decided to burn everything I have in the last two weeks in solo PVP... Question is what to train in those 40 preperation days? Where to go then and with what ship?

I got ~20mill SPs.. I´m pretty good a turrets (projectile and hybrid) and Minmatar and Caldari ships.. so shield tanked.. I´m not good at ewar and tackling, so I guess I have to push there... never did PVP before, only got theory knowledge..

Also I got 350 million in liquid isk and about 1.5k million (is it called a billion in english? - I always get confused with that) in ships and modules... guess I´ll have to stay with cheaper fitted ships for I will explode alot... cheap enough to prolong crusade time but good enough to do serious damage... frigates? cruisers? interceptors? maybe a lone battleship in the end?

minimum goal is to destroy 1 random ship :)
everything else is a bonus

what do you suggest?

I don´t know if I´m double posting this... cause every time I hit the post button the text simply disappears while nothing else happens...
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#2 - 2014-02-24 09:23:47 UTC
Give everything to James 315 to support the New Order. Write a touching evemail with your story. Chances are, it will be published on www.minerbumping.com and you will live on forever instead of disappear like a statistic.

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#3 - 2014-02-24 09:24:21 UTC
Train 'Give All Possessions to Scipio Artelius' to level 5.

It's only a level 1 skill so you can knock it out of the park.

Unlike other skills though, level 5 involves practical application. Just follow the title of the skill, nice and simple.

All the best in the future too.
Yarda Black
The Black Redemption
#4 - 2014-02-24 09:25:30 UTC
I'll refrain from asking your stuff. I just did myself proud.

If you're bad at tackling, going at it alone is a bad idea imho. Keeping your target on grid is pretty important if you're trying to kill him.

58 days seems like a perfect timeframe to join FW. Targets all over the place, multiple options to use smaller ships and fleets with dudes that carry points.

Good luck and too bad we wont cu for a while after 58 days.
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#5 - 2014-02-24 09:25:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Erotica 1 wrote:
Give everything to James 315 to support the New Order. Write a touching evemail with your story. Chances are, it will be published on www.minerbumping.com and you will live on forever instead of disappear like a statistic.

Damn, you're always thinking of others Ero. I feel so selfish now.

Ah well. I'll get over it I'm sure.
Karen Avioras
The Raging Raccoons
#6 - 2014-02-24 09:25:42 UTC
Donte it all to RvB and it will surely be blown up
Ai Shun
#7 - 2014-02-24 09:31:37 UTC
Huuow wrote:
what do you suggest?

I like what others suggested with Faction Warfare. It might be that doing that gives you the injection you need to keep on playing (Or maybe not, either way - it might just be fun).

The only thing I'll add is - create an alternate character on that account. Then, if you're reaching the end of the period and FW has not done it for you, sell the main character on the character bazaar and either bank the ISK on your alt (For one day so you can come back to a clean slate with no memories of this character and a few billion ISK) OR gift the ISK in blocks / PLEXes to some people in the starter systems as a gift to make the day of a random newbie.
Wacktopia
Fleet-Up.com
Keep It Simple Software Group
#8 - 2014-02-24 09:33:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Wacktopia
If you are sure about going solo then buy a bunch of Ruptures and Hurricanes and roam around low sec / null attacking anyone solo. You'll probably win some, lose some.

Play around with your fits and there is a good guide here about how to fit and fly a solo Rupture.

Other option is start your own corp and war-dec a big hi-sec corp to get targets without having to go to low/null.

Or join up with RvB or FW for a week or so of fun.

Have fun.

Kitchen sink? Seriousy, get your ship together -  Fleet-Up.com

Victor Andall
#9 - 2014-02-24 09:55:35 UTC
I hear N3 could use some stuff.

Too soon?

I just undocked for the first time and someone challenged me to a duel. Wat do?

19.08.2014 - Dinsdale gets slammed by CCP Falcon. Never forget.

Lord LazyGhost
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2014-02-24 10:08:05 UTC
Huuow wrote:
Eve is not for me, never was... So I decided to burn everything I have in the last two weeks in solo PVP... Question is what to train in those 40 preperation days? Where to go then and with what ship?

I got ~20mill SPs.. I´m pretty good a turrets (projectile and hybrid) and Minmatar and Caldari ships.. so shield tanked.. I´m not good at ewar and tackling, so I guess I have to push there... never did PVP before, only got theory knowledge..

Also I got 350 million in liquid isk and about 1.5k million (is it called a billion in english? - I always get confused with that) in ships and modules... guess I´ll have to stay with cheaper fitted ships for I will explode alot... cheap enough to prolong crusade time but good enough to do serious damage... frigates? cruisers? interceptors? maybe a lone battleship in the end?

what do you suggest?

I don´t know if I´m double posting this... cause every time I hit the post button the text simply disappears while nothing else happens...

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2014-02-24 11:27:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Hasikan Miallok
... or just park yourself off Boundless Station in Hek and transmit in local "anyone want to duel in battleships or battlecruisers".

Once you get bored with that, buy yourself a couple of 'nados and sign up with one of the 'nado gangs you will see regularly heading through the Nagusah gate towards Lanngisi to gank the blinged out marauders and faction battleships running SOE lvl IVs.
Agondray
Avenger Mercenaries
Space Brutality
#12 - 2014-02-24 13:07:53 UTC
Huuow wrote:

what do you suggest?

invest in a catalyst or thrasher and gank every new person you see undock as eve only needs alts and not new players.

"Sarcasm is the Recourse of a weak mind." -Dr. Smith

Huuow
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#13 - 2014-02-24 14:16:13 UTC
thx for the ideas so far :D

@Erotica1
hell no. If anything I would pay to erase all footprints I left already

@Yarda Black
I dunno about FW.. since EVE is this open sandbox it feels like a fake way of doing pvp... same with RvB...

@Ai Shun
I´m impressed. That´s some sound reasonable good thing to do... It is considered.

@Wacktopia
roaming low sec is probably where I start. thx for the link, will check it out... guess the low sec guys will have some fun with me.. also wardecking sounds fun... can you wardeck multiple corps? why not make enemies all over the place

@Hasikan Miallok
nah. don´t want a legit duel or team up with someone (that´s why Eve is not for me lol)

@Agondray
lol nice. that would be like attacking Eve itself.. but no, I´m not signing out with sealclubbing
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#14 - 2014-02-24 16:27:47 UTC
Huuow wrote:

@Erotica1
hell no. If anything I would pay to erase all footprints I left already

@Yarda Black
I dunno about FW.. since EVE is this open sandbox it feels like a fake way of doing pvp... same with RvB...

@Ai Shun
I´m impressed. That´s some sound reasonable good thing to do... It is considered.

@Wacktopia
roaming low sec is probably where I start. thx for the link, will check it out... guess the low sec guys will have some fun with me.. also wardecking sounds fun... can you wardeck multiple corps? why not make enemies all over the place

@Hasikan Miallok
nah. don´t want a legit duel or team up with someone (that´s why Eve is not for me lol)

@Agondray
lol nice. that would be like attacking Eve itself.. but no, I´m not signing out with sealclubbing

Well, what do you like to do outside of EVE? I'm sure we could come up with a way to make your stay here something that you would enjoy.

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

acemastr Ocer
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2014-02-24 16:33:38 UTC
Can I have your char? Big smile
Othran
Route One
#16 - 2014-02-24 16:45:14 UTC
Go take a look at the Agony Unleashed PvP-Uni classes :

www.agony-unleashed.com - you can sort it from there yourself.

There will probably be one in your required timescale and while the Basic class is quite fleet-centric you'll get taught a lot of the stuff which is relevant to soloing anyway. If you ask about solo work during a break in class then there's usually somebody around who will answer questions.

Worth doing IMHO.
James Nikolas Tesla
Tesla Holdings
#17 - 2014-02-24 18:01:07 UTC
OP, go out in style. Buy a crapton of Rifters and have fun.

See you back in a year or two.

CODE is just a bunch of pirates; smart, organized pirates. It doesn't help to rage at them because that is exactly what they want. Dust yourself off and get back on your feet, you don't even have to talk to them.

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#18 - 2014-02-24 18:48:55 UTC
I'd recommend the OP join a PvP corp and make some friends.

Solo in EVE can be very boring.

EVE is a game really more about interacting with other people than shooting spaceships.
Tesco Ergo Sum
#19 - 2014-02-24 18:58:15 UTC
Huuow wrote:

[snip]

@Yarda Black

[snipped]

Brave Newbies, low sec and null sec fun in whatever you can fly...
WASPY69
Xerum.
#20 - 2014-02-24 19:32:32 UTC
OP is gonna go out and pvp in ships he doesn't care about losing, with a 'no fu*ks given' attitude and discover what EVE truly is all about.
No one ever truly quits EVE so keep some backup capital either liquid or in assets because you will be back sooner or later when you discover how much every other theme park styled gameplay mmorpg sucks compared to EVE.

This signature intentionally left blank

12Next page