These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12
 

New skill book, cargohold maximization

First post
Author
Ai Shun
#21 - 2011-11-27 21:40:58 UTC
myFORUMalt alts wrote:
I think there should be a mechanic skill that would increase your cargo hold by a given percentage, lets say, 5, 7.5, or 10% per skill level, with a caviat that it doesnt include frieghters or capital ships. I think this would help out in a lot of different areas, carrying missiles, hauling ore, my noctis.


There is one. In fact, there are four of them as far as I know. They increase your Cargo Capacity and Max Velocity by 5% per rank.
myFORUMalt alts
Doomheim
#22 - 2011-11-27 21:47:11 UTC
Ai Shun wrote:
myFORUMalt alts wrote:
I think there should be a mechanic skill that would increase your cargo hold by a given percentage, lets say, 5, 7.5, or 10% per skill level, with a caviat that it doesnt include frieghters or capital ships. I think this would help out in a lot of different areas, carrying missiles, hauling ore, my noctis.


There is one. In fact, there are four of them as far as I know. They increase your Cargo Capacity and Max Velocity by 5% per rank.



what skills are those?

Yes, I complain about things I don't like.

Ai Shun
#23 - 2011-11-27 21:53:20 UTC
myFORUMalt alts wrote:
what skills are those?


Caldari Industrial will have that effect on the Caldari Industrial ships. The other empires have their own sets.
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#24 - 2011-11-27 23:21:49 UTC
How about no. Freighter inside a Freighter plox is bad enough.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#25 - 2011-11-28 00:26:54 UTC
Ai Shun wrote:
myFORUMalt alts wrote:
I think there should be a mechanic skill that would increase your cargo hold by a given percentage, lets say, 5, 7.5, or 10% per skill level, with a caviat that it doesnt include frieghters or capital ships. I think this would help out in a lot of different areas, carrying missiles, hauling ore, my noctis.


There is one. In fact, there are four of them as far as I know. They increase your Cargo Capacity and Max Velocity by 5% per rank.


Absolutely right. No sense in doubling up on skills like that.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

myFORUMalt alts
Doomheim
#26 - 2011-11-28 02:04:33 UTC
Are you people crazy, in the post it says, not including frieghters, the skill effect ships not designed to have huge hulls. Why do people keep posting the same stupid comment when the OP said no to frieghters.

Yes, I complain about things I don't like.

Ai Shun
#27 - 2011-11-28 02:31:36 UTC
myFORUMalt alts wrote:
Are you people crazy, in the post it says, not including frieghters, the skill effect ships not designed to have huge hulls. Why do people keep posting the same stupid comment when the OP said no to frieghters.


Probably because it is seen as a terribad idea and is being mocked for all it is worth.

P.S. If you are after ship effects, I think we're getting engine trails back!
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#28 - 2011-11-28 02:39:30 UTC
Ai Shun wrote:
myFORUMalt alts wrote:
Are you people crazy, in the post it says, not including frieghters, the skill effect ships not designed to have huge hulls. Why do people keep posting the same stupid comment when the OP said no to frieghters.


Probably because it is seen as a terribad idea and is being mocked for all it is worth.

P.S. If you are after ship effects, I think we're getting engine trails back!


^^^ This. And also we're absolutely Crazy. Read around some of the forums, you'll see.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2011-11-28 02:43:08 UTC
Andros Korkyrates wrote:
Here's what happens when you don't have your "Stacking Boxes" skill at V:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLEXI0pjQgo
Actually, that's what happens when your Not Running Into Reefs skill is at zero.
Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#30 - 2011-11-28 02:51:18 UTC
myFORUMalt alts wrote:
Just an idea.
I think there should be a mechanic skill that would increase your cargo hold by a given percentage, lets say, 5, 7.5, or 10% per skill level, with a caviat that it doesnt include frieghters or capital ships. I think this would help out in a lot of different areas, carrying missiles, hauling ore, my noctis.



Quote:
Minmatar Industrial Skill Bonus: 5% Bonus Cargo Capacity and Max Velocity per skill level

Quote:
Gallente Industrial Skill Bonus: 5% Bonus Cargo Capacity and Max Velocity per skill level

Quote:
Special Ability: 5% Bonus Cargo Capacity and Max Velocity per Caldari Industrial skill level

Quote:
Amarr Industrial Skill Bonus: 5% Bonus Cargo Capacity and Max Velocity per skill level


Those ships already get that bonus and then some. To put that bonus on a non cargo ship would change their role, and to put it on the ships that already fill that role would be redundant.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Barbie D0ll
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#31 - 2011-11-28 03:54:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Barbie D0ll
Brock Nelson wrote:
I can't read to post intellignetly

congrats, you made me log on just to block you and Nova Fox
Brock Nelson
#32 - 2011-11-28 04:11:13 UTC
Renan Ruivo wrote:
Brock Nelson wrote:
No, with that skill, freighter pilot would now be able to haul freighters around.

Yo dawg...



Maybe someone should give a post-reading skillbook to this guy? P


You sir, assumed that I read the content of the OP...subject line is all I need to make an well thought out subjective contribution to the thread.

Signature removed, CCP Phantom

CCP Spitfire
C C P
C C P Alliance
#33 - 2011-11-28 07:23:15 UTC
Moved from "EVE General Discussion".

CCP Spitfire | Marketing & Sales Team @ccp_spitfire

Renan Ruivo
Hengetools Consumer Products S.A.
#34 - 2011-11-28 09:46:01 UTC
Brock Nelson wrote:
Renan Ruivo wrote:
Brock Nelson wrote:
No, with that skill, freighter pilot would now be able to haul freighters around.

Yo dawg...



Maybe someone should give a post-reading skillbook to this guy? P


You sir, assumed that I read the content of the OP...subject line is all I need to make an well thought out subjective contribution to the thread.


Not saying you are wrong, just explaining to the man how things work Lol

The world is a community of idiots doing a series of things until it explodes and we all die.

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#35 - 2011-11-28 18:38:56 UTC
To the persons who don't understand the scenario

There shouldnt be a reason why I am cramming a battleship into a cruiser sized ship paradox.

Freighter inside a Freighter plox is a ploy on inception movie meme which is the generalziation on why this is a bad idea. In order for this idea to work would require to nerf alot of cargo holds.

I declare alot of things very vaguely because I hold the lot of you in higher intellectual regards but alas there are straight valued folks who don't appreciate a quip or two.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Venus Rinah
Arcanum Industry
#36 - 2011-11-30 13:41:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Venus Rinah
Whilst having a cargo efficiency skill for the holds of ships might be problematic there might be mileage in applying a slight % increase to the total space available within cargo containers?

Maybe restricting it to certain classes of larger container if its also too much of an issue to have a few % increases for all the smaller container groups.

Just for fun a "Neat and Tidy skill", sure a better name could be applied but emphasises the meaning I think.
Previous page12