These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

War Declaration: Could be better, let's fix it.

Author
JetStream Drenard
Digital Ghosts
#81 - 2014-02-23 02:46:25 UTC  |  Edited by: JetStream Drenard
Daichi Yamato wrote:
After flying with e uni, I can say they give u warnings during decs but say u can mine if u watch local. But they all still say its better if u fleet up with a frig or sumin. I share the exact sentiments.

It is getting better all the time. Rules are evolving and relaxing in phases. New/old management is taking us back to what we were 3 years ago, before the political / ideological schism. (very much similar to this thread, actually) Stay tuned...
Linkxsc162534
Silent Scourge
#82 - 2014-02-23 06:07:33 UTC
You know Basil
On the note of "Here I coughed and put out a tear for a thing which never happened, never happens, and never would happen ever. " with the combat pilots watching miners....
Its even simpler than that. I've worked for weeks for newby corps that friends of mine IRL/from assorted TSes, missioning in systems that I usually wouldn't a J or 2 away from a system where they mine/mission, for the sole reason of I could spot WTs for them before they get there (remember, I can set the wardeccers to negative standings). Although this did get jumbled a couple times when spotting for 2 corps at war with 2 different deccers, but meh.

Really though, there are PLENTY of merc groups/players who you can hire for pennies, to sit around a J or so away from your system, or in your system of choice, watching TV waiting for WTs to show up. So they can pad their killboards against killboard padders. (its ironic, but its great at the same time)

Though on the note of deccing small groups of total noobs. I think a few things could be done about that. 1 thing I'd personally like to be able to do (due to the fact that I'm a fine upstanding citizen who helps newbys in every way I can, even so far as to giving out dozens of drakes and canes to help noobs get on their feet), is search out groups of noobs, to get in touch with them and lend them a hand. Right now, I am limited to finding the ones who ask for help in helpchat. But meh.

Quite literally I'd have ragequit before my trial was over if I hadn't gotten invited to my first corp back in the beginning.

Also, I'd like to see more stuff like the good ole frigate roast fridays. Those were fun, and are always a good way for newbies to get a taste for PVP, in a consensual manner, where they don't feel like people are just griefing them for the sake of it. That way after they learn a bit,t hat even with their low skills that they actually do stand a chance in a fight (although probably not to a 4 year player flying a deadspace fit daredevil, but well, there's always gonna be THOSE people).
Tuskers frigate events are great too (I know they haven't had one in more than half a year. I've got about 2.5 bil of my own I was thinking of offering them to help host a new one this year. But w/e tahts another discussion)
Cismet
Silent Knights.
LinkNet
#83 - 2014-02-23 11:00:26 UTC
Feyd Rautha Harkonnen wrote:
No.

1,000 times no.

This described mechanic is bad and you should feel bad for suggesting it. Once you remove the non-consensual nature of wars by allowing corporations or alliances to escape wars based on the size of their wallet, you have simply lost the plot.

I further recommend the following, because the current wardec mechanics have already swung the pendulum too far in protecting pansy's and carebears from EvE's HTFU core axiom..

- Anyone leaving a corp under war dec like a pansy enters a one-week stasis period (or until war ends)
- NPC corp tax rates should be increased to 50-60%, so players are discouraged from hiding out there forever like pansy's
- All wardec fees paid to CONCORD should actually go into a bucket the defender can claim based on agressor ships killed, to inspire war-decced carebears not to be pansy's
- Players should get a 'Do you still wish to stay logged in? Y/N' prompt every 15 minutes of mouse inactivity, so that pansy carebears can't AFK in stations or cloaked in space

That is all...

F

So your reply to an otherwise sensible suggestion is not to expand on why you think it wouldn't work, it's not to propose a mechanism by which Wars can be made interesting for both sides (note, I didn't use the word fun, one side or the other is probably not going to be having fun), it's not to become a proponent of the current mechanics with explanations as to why those mechanics are working in an effective, fair, balanced way.

Your suggestion is in fact the bog-standard reply heard whenever any change is proposed to a mechanic: This is a sandbox game & everyone should be forced to play the way I want them to play.

Your suggestions entirely revolve around your consideration that they are "pansy's" that don't wish to fight you. Putting aside the over-simplistic nature of your argument for a second, they don't HAVE to fight you. You do understand that the idea of a sandbox is that their play style is just as valid as your play style right?

This is how war-declarations in high security space currently work: You (the aggressor) force your preferred style of play on them (the defender) and effectively turn high sec into null sec for the two corporations/alliances involved.

Am I saying this is a bad thing? Not at all, I think there is plenty of room for that & war declarations have their place & can be useful but everyone goes on & on & on about how Eve is a game where non-consensual PVP happens. It is. High sec is a place where Concord will kill you for it. Now, I could basically expound upon the virtues of the standard argument whenever someone complains about "non-consensual" PVP & say "Deal with it. Concord kill people for non-consensual PVP, HTFU". However that adds nothing to the argument. Wars have a place but simply forcing them to play your game is neither a sandbox, nor "emergent", it's certainly not fun for them & in many cases they simply aren't prepared for it.

Your argument is that High-Sec should be low/null sec. You could make an argument for it, but I fail to see how it affects you as a player that people stay in High Security. You appear to be implying that (again) everyone should be forced to play the game the way you want them to play, with no explanation or rationalization as to WHY your chosen method of playing the game is any more valid than their method of playing the game?

The War Declaration mechanics as they are don't really work for me. The OP made a reasoned argument that would be a very small change that would move them to something other than a "griefing" mechanic by people who think that high sec "care bears" should be forced to move to null/low because "IWANNA, THAT'S WHY". There are legitimate uses for War Decs, such as another mining corp wanting another mining corp (or all corps) out of a system in High Sec that they want to mine, so they hire a merc corp to "take care of the problem" giving them at least a week's free access to the goodies, possibly more. As there are good reasons for war decs to exist I don't think the mechanic proposed in the OP is necessarily a good one, I also think it unfairly penalizes smaller Corps who simply wouldn't be able to afford the "counter-bribe" proposed in the suggestion, however it has the benefit of being a very small change that wouldn't take long to implement.

Personally I would like to see ways to win a war besides blowing up more of the enemies stuff than you or waiting the requisite week. I would like to see something like the below (I have made no attempt to seriously balance this, it's just an example of the kind of thing I would like to see):-

Once a war starts there is no time limit - the war is effectively endless subject to the following limitations.
1: The declaring corp sets a "win-condition" that can be anything from killing a certain number of ships, destroying a percentage of defending corps assets (taken at the time the war-dec was issued), forcing a "tribute" of an amount of ISK (effectively the current ransom system but actually enforced). There could be others but I've not had my morning coffee yet, no doubt others can & will add more "win-conditions" for aggressors. (The list of defending win-conditions could also be used but as aggressor why would you want mining win-conditions?)

2: The Defending corporation gets to set a "win-condition" that likewise can be anything they want from the list above as well as things like: Mining a certain amount of ISK worth of ore, scaled based on membership, during the period under which the war was active. All of the ore would need to be deposited in an office for the corporation in a special hangar & would be unable to be sold until war was completed. Keeping their ships safe and losing less than a set value in ISK of ships....... TBC
Cismet
Silent Knights.
LinkNet
#84 - 2014-02-23 11:08:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Cismet
Continuing on from the last post.........If they choose to try and keep their ships safe then no doubt there'll be screams of "foul" and that they'll just turtle up. I agree and you'd have to make it conditional on them keeping their stuff in space for a certain period of time. Hard to enforce but if you err on the side of the aggressors if their stuff isn't in space (and not cloaked) for the requisite time giving you the shot at killing them then the war just continues until they have spent the requisite time in space etc. etc. again, no coffee yet, so others will no doubt come up with more win-conditions for defenders.

When one side or the other wins the war, that's it. At the end of the current week the war ends and a winner has been declared. The same war cannot be restarted for a set period of time (or the winner cannot be decc'ed again by the loser, whichever works better), probably a month (again, not trying for balance here).

The point is that saying "I want them to play my game" is utterly unhelpful. Propose something that will allow them to play your game WHILE playing their game, OR give a reasoned argument as to why your method of play is more valid than their method of play.

What I proposed above would (sadly) require a complete overhaul of the War Declaration mechanics I would imagine and would be very hard to implement. However, that in mind I think it would be a change that would get the Defenders involved in wars. They'd have a goal, a way to fight back other than trying to shoot you out of the sky. There would be incentives for them to play THEIR game instead of the game they are unlikely to win (your game) because if you're decc'ing high sec targets, odds are you're picking the ones that can't fight back, lets be honest.

If that makes it sound like I'm calling you a bully. I am.

That is all.

-C
Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#85 - 2014-02-23 12:45:09 UTC
So if im an aggressor I can choose a stupidly difficult objective dor myself and have a longer war dec for cheaper? Or if im a defender I can set myself a stupidly easy objective and remove the dec in minutes? Thats not really going to work.

Set a hard limit? But larger mining corps can mine much more quickly than smaller corps. So smaller corps are shafted again. Make the limit per member? What about inactive members?

Cant see it working.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Basil Pupkin
Republic Military School
#86 - 2014-02-23 14:24:07 UTC
Linkxsc162534 wrote:
You know Basil
On the note of "Here I coughed and put out a tear for a thing which never happened, never happens, and never would happen ever. " with the combat pilots watching miners....
Its even simpler than that. I've worked for weeks for newby corps that friends of mine IRL/from assorted TSes, missioning in systems that I usually wouldn't a J or 2 away from a system where they mine/mission, for the sole reason of I could spot WTs for them before they get there (remember, I can set the wardeccers to negative standings). Although this did get jumbled a couple times when spotting for 2 corps at war with 2 different deccers, but meh.

This is just regular scouting. There's not much difference when enemies are spotted, because during war dec you can't mine or haul anyway, so most of the alts will stay docked, and those who aren't docked are usually in a pve ship within safety of a mission pocket, with a theoretical possibility of dropping a depot and fitting a cloak just to be totally safe.

Linkxsc162534 wrote:
Really though, there are PLENTY of merc groups/players who you can hire for pennies, to sit around a J or so away from your system, or in your system of choice, watching TV waiting for WTs to show up. So they can pad their killboards against killboard padders. (its ironic, but its great at the same time)

Griefers scout too. In a neutral account. If they see your mercs, they're going to take a detour, or go hit somebody else. And you still can't mine or haul.

Linkxsc162534 wrote:
Though on the note of deccing small groups of total noobs. I think a few things could be done about that. 1 thing I'd personally like to be able to do (due to the fact that I'm a fine upstanding citizen who helps newbys in every way I can, even so far as to giving out dozens of drakes and canes to help noobs get on their feet), is search out groups of noobs, to get in touch with them and lend them a hand. Right now, I am limited to finding the ones who ask for help in helpchat. But meh.

The problem is not noobs. Problem is when jumbo-sized griefer corps attack small corps and indy corps.

Linkxsc162534 wrote:
Quite literally I'd have ragequit before my trial was over if I hadn't gotten invited to my first corp back in the beginning.

Also, I'd like to see more stuff like the good ole frigate roast fridays. Those were fun, and are always a good way for newbies to get a taste for PVP, in a consensual manner, where they don't feel like people are just griefing them for the sake of it. That way after they learn a bit,t hat even with their low skills that they actually do stand a chance in a fight (although probably not to a 4 year player flying a deadspace fit daredevil, but well, there's always gonna be THOSE people).
Tuskers frigate events are great too (I know they haven't had one in more than half a year. I've got about 2.5 bil of my own I was thinking of offering them to help host a new one this year. But w/e tahts another discussion)

Those may be fun for whoever considers eve spaceship pvp fun. Eve has no combat pvp, bigger SP blob always wins, so the only way to do something with noobs is to have a crap ton of them. If you can assemble enough noobs to out-SP enemy blob, it's fine, but in war dec situation matching SP blob of a griefing corp is nigh impossible.

Being teh freightergankbear automatically puts you below missionbear and minerbear in carebear hierarchy.

If you're about to make "this will make eve un-eve" argument, odds are you are defending some utterly horrible mechanics against a good change.

Basil Pupkin
Republic Military School
#87 - 2014-02-23 14:50:51 UTC
Daichi Yamato wrote:
U might just be the only miner that doesnt realise that hes in a competitive environment. U definitely have illusions of grandure and knowledge. Because I know how to defend myself means ive never mined in my eve career? Please. U hurt urself with that pathetic attempt more than me.

Ignorance at its finest.

Daichi Yamato wrote:
U still haven't explained how being an attacker in a wardec itself gives u an advantage. Every advantage uve come up with thus far tells me that the ppl wardeccing are more prepared, more experienced, more willing to work together and other reasons that are independant of being an attacker in a wardec. there are no advantages of being the aggressor other than choosing ur target before they bring in unlimited allies. Ask urself, does a mining corp automatically get an advantage if it is the aggressor against faild? No of course not.
If ur trying to say those that are more prepared, more experienced and more capable are more likely to be the ones to declare war, then id agree with u. The intelligent and strong will always prey on the dumb and weak. Its up to the defender to counter that by not being dumb and weak. Such is the nature and beauty of the sandbox.

I have explained about 11 times by now, but we already learned that you're ignorant, illiterate and inexperienced enough to not take it until we get to like 15 explanations. Here goes number 12:
1) ppl wardeccing have nothing more than a bigger skillpoints blob, which ensures victory at no risk. Otherwise they won't wardec.
2) Allies is a myth born from tears of failed griefers attacking a fake indy/mining bait corp. Since there is nothing to hit, and defending is pointless, allies bring zero help outside of raising the risk of a griefer losing ship to the unacceptable 0.1%.
3) Mining corp would never war dec anyone, so stop bringing arguments in line of "what if Luxembourg attacked France". It won't happen, and discussing it is just stupid. Should France attack it, though, it would be at an infinite advantage, just like our griefers in question.
4) Agressor has infinite advantage by easily and immediately shutting down any possible hisec activity of a target corp. There is no defense against war dec other than spinning ships, and you cannot go offensive, because enemy would either blob you, or spin their own ships until they can blob you.
5) They are not better prepared, not more experienced, definitely not intelligent, and their strength lies in the fact they have a bigger blob, which is the cornerstone of eve combat pvp - blob with most skillpoints is always a winner.

Daichi Yamato wrote:
Just because u dnt want to take the options of: joining a more knowledgeable alliance, hiring mercs or leaving corp, does not mean they are not viable solutions. They are.

And the common phenomenon of decs without kills does not mean that wardecs are not fightable. It merely suggests that corps have decided to dock up for a week because they themselves feel they cant fight, dont want to fight. And this could be because there are an overwhelming amount of inexperienced and small corps in hi sec formed by inexperienced ceos who'd rather start his own corp than join with a larger more experienced corp. Such corps are easy targets for obvious reasons. And so they should be. Blind leading the blind.

After flying with e uni, I can say they give u warnings during decs but say u can mine if u watch local. But they all still say its better if u fleet up with a frig or sumin. I share the exact sentiments.

1) Joining the alliance doesn't end war dec, you still can't mine or haul, and go out of alliance territory probably won't happen as well. Bad advice is bad as always.
2) Oh gee, now you're saying something should and something should not be a target "because the great me said so" (c) You. Get back to earth and bring some logic.
3) The common phenomenon of war decs without kills means that there is no incentive to fight. Because you can't win against superior blob, pvp in eve is generally zero fun to try it without the benefits of winning, and you're forced to do something you don't like by someone who's dumber than a lobster, but has bigger blob than you. It's absolutely logical that the winning move is to stick out a middle finger from a station window to the attacker and unsub until he gets bored.
Give me incentive to undock, bother finding allies (and dealing with their boredom of waiting for blob which never comes if it's smaller, or dealing with their losses if a larger blob comes), bother training zero-fun eve peeveepeepeepeepeepee ship skills, etc. Right now, I have none, and no suggestion in this thread gave me any.

Being teh freightergankbear automatically puts you below missionbear and minerbear in carebear hierarchy.

If you're about to make "this will make eve un-eve" argument, odds are you are defending some utterly horrible mechanics against a good change.

Cismet
Silent Knights.
LinkNet
#88 - 2014-02-23 15:07:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Cismet
Daichi Yamato wrote:
So if im an aggressor I can choose a stupidly difficult objective dor myself and have a longer war dec for cheaper? Or if im a defender I can set myself a stupidly easy objective and remove the dec in minutes? Thats not really going to work.

Set a hard limit? But larger mining corps can mine much more quickly than smaller corps. So smaller corps are shafted again. Make the limit per member? What about inactive members?

Cant see it working.

Like I said, it would be hard to implement, you could even leave it weekly as it is now, but with Objectives of some description, however difficult to balance, it would give people something to do other than turtle because at the moment they are just forced into playing someone elses game or not play at all. Not good whichever way it's looked at. But I also did say that the war would be at least a week long no matter who won it. If you "win" in minutes (which shouldn't be possible and as I accede, will require work on tweaking the objectives to get right) then you still have to wait till the end of the current week of war (starting from the time the dec became live).

As for inactives, what about them? If you leave inactives in your corporation how is that the other corps fault that you want to get saddled with a harder objective? All part of the fun as I see it. Even with that, it's still got to be better than it is now where the only thing to do most of the time is turtle, pay the ransom or die depending on the corps involved. More ways to end a war could only be positive.

Hard to implement? Yes. But I think it would add a richness and depth to wars that is currently severely lacking.
Clementina
University of Caille
#89 - 2014-02-23 16:15:36 UTC
Basil Pupkin wrote:

Those are not exaggerations, more like understatements, in reality there were more.
I remember sitting in Teonusude when Marmite blob landed, it went to TiDi 12% right away - made some screenshots of that, but I can't find them, must be on my other PC...

In your parlance, this would be a Coolstory.

I remember back in July Marmite declared war on us. It was an underwhelming affair, they got 8 kills and we didn't get any. About 3/8 of the kills happened in Jita, all of the kills happened in high sec, and half of them were Solo Kills. (Since you are a bit slow, a solo kill is nearly the opposite of a kill by a hundred man blob, for your information). Did we start staying docked to keep the losses low? No. You can find the evidence of my words in game, unlike the 'evidence' of a huge blob descending on you in Teonusude.

The notion that you are 'Agressive' and yet will unsub for a two months because of a week long wardec is laughable (Maybe this is another Coolstory you seem to like talking about). It's more like others controlling your game.

To answer your question in a previous post of yours. Yes, it is your fault that the war dec button exists. Ganking people who are making so much money off of high-sec mining that they think that they are rich is what the war dec button is for. High-Sec POSes came after the war dec button was put into the game. If anything, the continued existence of your risible corp (Yes I looked up your killboard stats) is evidence that war decs have been over nerfed and need to be made easier. Also it is your fault that your only recourse to action is to go play WoW for two months! If you have set up things right a high-sec griefer war dec should be like water off of a platypus's back.

Finally, You keep whining about how you can't mine or haul during a war dec. Quick Question? How do faction warfare corporations make money? They fly faction ships and are by definition at war constantly. What about Eve-Uni who's members you ignore on this very thread? Some of them live in Syndicate and gank people. They seem to always have enough money to get ganking ships and to help newbies. I think that this notion that you are some Uber miner seems to be just another one of your made up Coolstories which nobody with any sense should believe.
Linkxsc162534
Silent Scourge
#90 - 2014-02-23 16:46:18 UTC
Basil Pupkin wrote:

This is just regular scouting. There's not much difference when enemies are spotted, because during war dec you can't mine or haul anyway, so most of the alts will stay docked, and those who aren't docked are usually in a pve ship within safety of a mission pocket, with a theoretical possibility of dropping a depot and fitting a cloak just to be totally safe.

Griefers scout too. In a neutral account. If they see your mercs, they're going to take a detour, or go hit somebody else. And you still can't mine or haul.

The problem is not noobs. Problem is when jumbo-sized griefer corps attack small corps and indy corps.

Those may be fun for whoever considers eve spaceship pvp fun. Eve has no combat pvp, bigger SP blob always wins, so the only way to do something with noobs is to have a crap ton of them. If you can assemble enough noobs to out-SP enemy blob, it's fine, but in war dec situation matching SP blob of a griefing corp is nigh impossible.

... what I was trying to say, and you so clearly jumped straight over my point. Is that I was scouting/missioning as a neut, while they were mining in HS. And hauling during a wardec isn't hard (actually sometimes it might be better to just take some extra time and build up minerals/mods till the wars over and then get a big payoff). Also most of my experience of doing any kind of scouting or helping of groups at war, was well before the mobile depot had even been thought of. And really get with the times. Mission pockets aren't "Safe", yeah it might take them a while to scan you down in a mission hub, but then they'll jsut wait off of gates, and at the station. You gotta go somewhere sooner or later.

Griefers can use neut scouts too... great. SO they saw a couple members of the mercs in a system doing some missioning (L3s can easily be done in PVPfit ships). And boom, you hit the nail on the head. They'll see your mercs, and go elsewhere. Your indys are safe from WTs to mine for a while (not safe from regular gankers though, but thats a different argument)

and the problem IS, noobs, and indy corps. You're never going to be able to end the stream of DBs in large corps who just want to grief noobs, they'll just change their tactics to go with the times. YOU as the one being decced need to step up and say "I'm not gonna let these douches put us down" and then continue to go about your business, albeit in a more cautious manner.

Like really, procurers are cheap as crap. Have half your group mass up in procs/retrievers and do some mining, the other half sits in a safe aligned to the belt, waiting to jump to aid the miners. Half the miners own alts, they can easily have 1 spend 2 weeks training into an AF or something. Even T1 cruisers are pretty powerful nowadays. WTs jump into system, get the haulers off grid. Most griefer corps would ignore the fact that not all of their WTs were in belt, because they'd already be stroking their boners for a dozen miner kills. And then you drop your attackers on them. You may win... you may lose. But you'll be smarter and less afraid of a buncha DBags who just want to mess with you. And the DBags will probably ragequit because they lost a couple ships to a buncha miners.

Also back to the frig competitions and PVP training groups/events. See I think its cute that you claim that "Some people don't find PVP fun" Well you know, I don't find mining fun, but I've spent countless hours doing it, because it was what needed to be done. I've spent even more time missioning, even though that can be rather boring, because its my main source of income. I don't even find PVP to be much fun, which is why I avoid it whenever possible.

But somewhere along the lines, everyone needs to HTFU and learn to fight a bit, even if they don't want to. Because whether you like it or not, you'll need to fight one of these days, and you might as well be prepared.

Its the sandbox, and there will always be some kid bigger than you coming to knock over your castle. Are you gonna cry? Or get up and punch him in the ****? The choice is yours.

But yeah, bounties to the defenders. WANT.
Cismet
Silent Knights.
LinkNet
#91 - 2014-02-23 16:50:14 UTC
Linkxsc162534 wrote:
[quote=Basil Pupkin]
Most griefer corps would ignore the fact that not all of their WTs were in belt, because they'd already be stroking their boners for a dozen miner kills.

I nearly wet myself at this line!!!
Daichi Yamato
#92 - 2014-02-23 18:16:47 UTC
Basil Pupkin wrote:

1) ppl wardeccing have nothing more than a bigger skillpoints blob, which ensures victory at no risk. Otherwise they won't wardec.
2) Allies is a myth born from tears of failed griefers attacking a fake indy/mining bait corp. Since there is nothing to hit, and defending is pointless, allies bring zero help outside of raising the risk of a griefer losing ship to the unacceptable 0.1%.
3) Mining corp would never war dec anyone, so stop bringing arguments in line of "what if Luxembourg attacked France". It won't happen, and discussing it is just stupid. Should France attack it, though, it would be at an infinite advantage, just like our griefers in question.
4) Agressor has infinite advantage by easily and immediately shutting down any possible hisec activity of a target corp. There is no defense against war dec other than spinning ships, and you cannot go offensive, because enemy would either blob you, or spin their own ships until they can blob you.
5) They are not better prepared, not more experienced, definitely not intelligent, and their strength lies in the fact they have a bigger blob, which is the cornerstone of eve combat pvp - blob with most skillpoints is always a winner.

6) Joining the alliance doesn't end war dec, you still can't mine or haul, and go out of alliance territory probably won't happen as well. Bad advice is bad as always.
7) Oh gee, now you're saying something should and something should not be a target "because the great me said so" (c) You. Get back to earth and bring some logic.
8) The common phenomenon of war decs without kills means that there is no incentive to fight. Because you can't win against superior blob, pvp in eve is generally zero fun to try it without the benefits of winning, and you're forced to do something you don't like by someone who's dumber than a lobster, but has bigger blob than you. It's absolutely logical that the winning move is to stick out a middle finger from a station window to the attacker and unsub until he gets bored.
Give me incentive to undock, bother finding allies (and dealing with their boredom of waiting for blob which never comes if it's smaller, or dealing with their losses if a larger blob comes), bother training zero-fun eve peeveepeepeepeepeepee ship skills, etc. Right now, I have none, and no suggestion in this thread gave me any.

1) So u dnt like the fact that ur getting attacked by larger numbers of more experienced players? so don't be in a small inexperienced corp. Be in an NPC corp or join a larger more experienced corp.

2) If thats ur experience of allies, thats a shame. ive seen plenty of examples of where allies have joined a dec and killed aggressor ships. Perhaps make better friends?

3) Mining corps do dec sometimes. My mining corp has decced in the past. The few kills on this char are whilst being part of a mining corp lol, and ive got kills from incoming decs, and kills from outgoing decs.

4) Its not the aggressor that chooses to shut down a corps activity. they can apply pressure upon activities, but ultimately its down to the defender to decide whether to dock up for a week or not. Maybe its the better choice, maybe its not. But the Aggressor doesnt make the decision for u. I'm aware that few PvP griefer corps have assets exposed in the same way that miners do. but thats nothing to do with them being the aggressor, and thats nothing to do with the war dec mechanic. They still have to expose themselves to attack u, or the other corps they are decced with at the same time as u. so if u want to be aggressive, u try to do something during those moments.

5) Blob with most skillpoints is the winner? blobs are a big deal yes, skillpoints are really not. character age does not automatically make u a better fighter in EVE. FYI, gathering and organising a blob is preparation and skill in itself. if other players have bothered themselves to make more friends than u and work together, then they deserve reward for that effort. Or if it is so easy, and u are so much more intelligent than them like u try to claim, why dnt u get a blob of ur own?

6) u say joining an alliance wont let u mine, but dnt say how it still means u cant mine. if u find an alliance willing and able to cover u while u mine whats stopping u? not all alliances say 'dock up' at the sign of a war dec.

7) elaborate

8) they might not have an incentive to fight, and the best option maybe to dock up for some ppl. but thats a decision they make on their own. it doesnt in anyway suggest wardecs are overpowered.

its sounds to me ur problem is griefer corps, not wardecs.

TL:DR
What makes u think u should have the right to the benefits of being in a player corp without being exposed to the risks of wardecs?

what makes u think that other players banding together and combining their efforts against smaller groups is unfair? Especially when the smaller group has options to join larger groups or ally with larger groups.

What makes u think that because u have decided on ur own that u should not undock during a wardec means that wardecs are overpowered?

how does being the aggressor of a war dec give u special powers that the aggressor would not have if he was made the defender of a dec?

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Basil Pupkin
Republic Military School
#93 - 2014-02-23 18:48:34 UTC
Clementina wrote:
In your parlance, this would be a Coolstory.

At least it's true.

Clementina wrote:
I remember back in July Marmite declared war on us. It was an underwhelming affair, they got 8 kills and we didn't get any. About 3/8 of the kills happened in Jita, all of the kills happened in high sec, and half of them were Solo Kills. (Since you are a bit slow, a solo kill is nearly the opposite of a kill by a hundred man blob, for your information). Did we start staying docked to keep the losses low? No. You can find the evidence of my words in game, unlike the 'evidence' of a huge blob descending on you in Teonusude.

Now that is a coolstory.

Clementina wrote:
The notion that you are 'Agressive' and yet will unsub for a two months because of a week long wardec is laughable (Maybe this is another Coolstory you seem to like talking about). It's more like others controlling your game.

I've been hit by war dec 4 times and unsubbed just once. But that will not stop you and your UNSUB PANSY jammed track, I guess.

Clementina wrote:
To answer your question in a previous post of yours. Yes, it is your fault that the war dec button exists. Ganking people who are making so much money off of high-sec mining that they think that they are rich is what the war dec button is for. High-Sec POSes came after the war dec button was put into the game. If anything, the continued existence of your risible corp (Yes I looked up your killboard stats) is evidence that war decs have been over nerfed and need to be made easier. Also it is your fault that your only recourse to action is to go play WoW for two months!

The whole argument that mining makes money shows you really never mined... you see, mining for profit took a Fozzie to the knee in Odyssey patch and DIED. The profits of mining simply collapsed so far below that half-assed null solo ratter is now making more than perfect miner in a perfect fleet. Now the only people who mine are newbs, people who cba to haul mats from Jita, and bot fleets.
War deccing bot fleets is understandable, but their owner will get them to neutral corp anyway; people who cba to haul will stop mining and start using red frog and Jita alts; That leaves the only mining target all griefers would naturally prefer - newbies. And f*** me, I think war deccing and griefing newbies is damn wrong thing to do.
If anything, check my employment history more thoroughly, if you're checking anyway. Having an alt in Platypus does not mean I'm in any way associated with Platypus. They aren't even aware I'm active.
And not even once, not for a second in my life I have touched WoW.

Clementina wrote:

If you have set up things right a high-sec griefer war dec should be like water off of a platypus's back.
Finally, You keep whining about how you can't mine or haul during a war dec. Quick Question? How do faction warfare corporations make money? They fly faction ships and are by definition at war constantly. What about Eve-Uni who's members you ignore on this very thread? Some of them live in Syndicate and gank people. They seem to always have enough money to get ganking ships and to help newbies. I think that this notion that you are some Uber miner seems to be just another one of your made up Coolstories which nobody with any sense should believe.

There are zero, zero and zero possibilities to set up in any way to prevent hisec griefing, that is the truth of overpowered war dec.
Faction warfare is an ISK printer. They don't need any other activity to generate income. That, and the fact that npc chase off faction warfare opponents, is enough to assume they're mostly unmolested.
Eve-uni had no-grief policy last time I checked.
Knowing that null ratter beats perfect miner in perfect fleet by income, I don't find their wealth surprising.
And once again, I haven't mined since Fozzie killed mining.

Basil Pupkin
Republic Military School
#94 - 2014-02-23 19:14:10 UTC
Daichi Yamato wrote:
1) So u dnt like the fact that ur getting attacked by larger numbers of more experienced players? so don't be in a small inexperienced corp. Be in an NPC corp or join a larger more experienced corp.

2) If thats ur experience of allies, thats a shame. ive seen plenty of examples of where allies have joined a dec and killed aggressor ships. Perhaps make better friends?

3) Mining corps do dec sometimes. My mining corp has decced in the past. The few kills on this char are whilst being part of a mining corp lol, and ive got kills from incoming decs, and kills from outgoing decs.

4) Its not the aggressor that chooses to shut down a corps activity. they can apply pressure upon activities, but ultimately its down to the defender to decide whether to dock up for a week or not. Maybe its the better choice, maybe its not. But the Aggressor doesnt make the decision for u. I'm aware that few PvP griefer corps have assets exposed in the same way that miners do. but thats nothing to do with them being the aggressor, and thats nothing to do with the war dec mechanic. They still have to expose themselves to attack u, or the other corps they are decced with at the same time as u. so if u want to be aggressive, u try to do something during those moments.

5) Blob with most skillpoints is the winner? blobs are a big deal yes, skillpoints are really not. character age does not automatically make u a better fighter in EVE. FYI, gathering and organising a blob is preparation and skill in itself. if other players have bothered themselves to make more friends than u and work together, then they deserve reward for that effort. Or if it is so easy, and u are so much more intelligent than them like u try to claim, why dnt u get a blob of ur own?

6) u say joining an alliance wont let u mine, but dnt say how it still means u cant mine. if u find an alliance willing and able to cover u while u mine whats stopping u? not all alliances say 'dock up' at the sign of a war dec.

7) elaborate

8) they might not have an incentive to fight, and the best option maybe to dock up for some ppl. but thats a decision they make on their own. it doesnt in anyway suggest wardecs are overpowered.

its sounds to me ur problem is griefer corps, not wardecs.

1) Not more experienced, just bigger skill points blobs. Doesn't matter though, as bigger skill points blob is all you need. Your advice of getting into some fatcat corp with bazillion of rules were already laid out as bad advice, but I guess that I was right saying you can't get anything without 15 or so repetitions.

2) cool story, bro. Never happened, but cool. I kinda wish it could, though, then the whole ally system would prolly make sense.

3) Now that is just plain bs. If you're deccing, you aren't mining, and if you aren't mining, you're a ****** miner, pal. And since you aren't a miner, but a griefer, kills are quite natural, just find some newbie and dec him, that's what you all do.

4) Defender has no options other than docking, so it's aggressor's decision, and his alone. Fleet order of magnitude bigger than your corp is NOT an exposed asset, and pvp corps with exposed assets is just another coolstory which is too impractical to be remotely true.

5) Skillpoints do make you automatically a better fighter in eve like nothing else does. 100% more damage means you can win 1v2 in equal fitting, and considering character age opens better fittings and 100% is just a tip of the iceberg of advantage more skillpoints can give you, it's quite easy to see that skillpoints is the cornerstone that forever locked newer players out of any chance in combat pvp, in case they cannot assemble a bigger skillpoint blob.
Pack of griefers are not friends. They are a gang who are ready to cut each other's throats, just like irl, and it's that 0.1% risk of prey fighting back if they don't bring a blob is their only bond. I do not fancy such a company, so bringing a blob of human being failures is not an option.

6) Mining took a Fozzie to the knee and is currently dead profession, so I'm not bothered about it. Hauling, on the other hand, is a thriving one. While it is indeed true that territorial protective alliance would make you able to mine (which is pointless), hauling problem has no sensible solution, red frog aside, but they don't do rush jobs, have limitations, and cost enough to justify a few freighters of your own.
And never never ever any alliance had covered their miners while they mine. Scouting at best, but scouting is known to be pointless, possible to do with miners themselves, and not really giving anything more than extra 20 second to react to the incoming blob, which doesn't have any real meaning since you'd be docked up anyway, due to war dec.
Just another repetition of the obvious, but we know you need those.

7) What you said is that, in your extremely humble opinion, some corps should be targeted by default and simply die, including the one this alt happens to sit at doing nothing. Whilst providing no real reason for such condemnation.

8) They have 3 options: dock up and spin ships, dock up and and close client, and dock up and unsub. I say as long as there is no option to do something outside of the station, war decs are overpowered.

war decs are the main instrument of griefer corps. Anyone interested in a war would have it set to mutual, without any need to involve third parties.
And yes, the real problem is griefer corps, of course. That what Feud was crying about - he couldn't grief hard enough with current war dec and cried for a buff to the griefing aspects, which are already overpowered.

to be continued...

Basil Pupkin
Republic Military School
#95 - 2014-02-23 19:24:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Basil Pupkin
Daichi Yamato wrote:

TL:DR
What makes u think u should have the right to the benefits of being in a player corp without being exposed to the risks of wardecs?

what makes u think that other players banding together and combining their efforts against smaller groups is unfair? Especially when the smaller group has options to join larger groups or ally with larger groups.

What makes u think that because u have decided on ur own that u should not undock during a wardec means that wardecs are overpowered?

how does being the aggressor of a war dec give u special powers that the aggressor would not have if he was made the defender of a dec?

What makes you think griefer corp should have the benefit of shutting down every corp which didn't ask their permission to play eve, while being invulnerable themselves?

What makes me think banding up and hitting weak targets is unfair? Nothing. It's ugly, bullish, and destroys the game, but not unfair.

What is unfair is lack of options smaller groups have to counter that. Joining a larger group is a poor option, trying to fight the superior SP blob is suicidal option, and the only real options they have are listed in my last post - in case you're too lazy, illiterate, or ignorant, or didn't-read-lol person altogether, I will remind you that neither of those options include undocking.

What makes you think that somebody forcing you to not undock for as long as he sees fit is not overpowered?

Aggressor has special power of superior SP blob. If you don't have it, you'll never war dec anyone and never be an aggressor.

Daichi Yamato
#96 - 2014-02-23 23:19:21 UTC
lol

griefers can attack any player corp they wish and defenders can defend anyway they wish. they only seem to shut down corps that cant be bothered to defend themselves and have no friends to seek help from anyways. too bad but thats the sandbox.

confirming, players getting together and attacking other players truly ruins this game. best argument uve made yet.

just because u dnt like the options, doesnt mean they arent viable. A lot of the time EVE is about choosing the least worse option. deal with it.

no one forces u to stay docked but urself. the only thing overpowered is ur own reasoning (or lack there of).

a super SP blob does not spawn the moment ur an aggressor in a corp. ur issue is with griefers, not wardecs and griefing has been part of eve since the beginning. dnt like it? dnt play

i never said weak corps should be attacked. i said they should be an easy target if an inexperienced CEO like urself with ur attitude and stubborn ignorance has decided to make a player corp consisting of inexperienced players. hence the blind leading the blind remark. it is almost inevitable for anyone that they will get attacked from; wardecs, suicide ganks and/or scams. Anyone rugged enough for eve will survive, dust themselves off, learn and adapt or those who dont will make horribly inaccurate posts.

Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#97 - 2014-02-23 23:56:20 UTC
Posting on a thread full of clueless themepark carebears that don't understand the nature of sandbox mmo-rpg games.

The Tears Must Flow

Basil Pupkin
Republic Military School
#98 - 2014-02-24 00:48:53 UTC
Daichi Yamato wrote:
griefers can attack any player corp they wish and defenders can defend anyway they wish. they only seem to shut down corps that cant be bothered to defend themselves and have no friends to seek help from anyways. too bad but thats the sandbox.

Sandbox doesn't mean there aren't any rules, eve has a lot of rules, like concord, gates, jump drive limits, learning speed limits, etc.
They can shutdown any corp which doesn't have equal SP blob.
Defense against war dec is impossible, because attacker is invulnerable.
Helping a corp under war dec is impossible, unless war deccers sit at Jita undock and cba to gtfo when helpers arrive.
You misunderstand the sandbox a lot.

Daichi Yamato wrote:
confirming, players getting together and attacking other players truly ruins this game. best argument uve made yet.

Players getting together and attacking other players is fine.
SP blobbers forming an SP blob used to grief carefully selected corps which do not field SP blobs of the same size is ruining the game.

Daichi Yamato wrote:
just because u dnt like the options, doesnt mean they arent viable. A lot of the time EVE is about choosing the least worse option. deal with it.

Wrong.
1) Attacker options are overwhelmingly good. Specify at least one bad option attacker has.
2) Defender options include suicide, ship spinning and unsubbing. Specify the "least worst".

Daichi Yamato wrote:
no one forces u to stay docked but urself. the only thing overpowered is ur own reasoning (or lack there of).

If defender undocks, he's being forcefully docked in a medical clone station, regardless of his reasoning. I dunno where your reasoning is, if that isn't obvious to you, but I have already learned ignorance is your definition of reasoning, and every opinion's right to live depend on it being yours or not yours.

Daichi Yamato wrote:
a super SP blob does not spawn the moment ur an aggressor in a corp. ur issue is with griefers, not wardecs and griefing has been part of eve since the beginning. dnt like it? dnt play
i never said weak corps should be attacked. i said they should be an easy target if an inexperienced CEO like urself with ur attitude and stubborn ignorance has decided to make a player corp consisting of inexperienced players. hence the blind leading the blind remark. it is almost inevitable for anyone that they will get attacked from; wardecs, suicide ganks and/or scams. Anyone rugged enough for eve will survive, dust themselves off, learn and adapt or those who dont will make horribly inaccurate posts.

Now we're seeing your true colors. You admit war dec is your tool to make people not to play. We're getting somewhere.
Super SP blob does spawn the moment you're an aggressor in a corp. If you don't have, you're not the aggressor, and if you're aggressor, that means you have it.
My issue is with griefers and their overpowered tools such as current war dec, which strips the target from benefits of hisec, while the attacker remains invincible.
You said weak corps should be naturally targeted and griefed into extinction to feed their playerbase into fatcat corps. Don't go back on your own words now, that'll be low.
I am not the CEO, neither I am inexperienced. At least looking at you, I can say that your experience has major holes in it.
I have evaded every peeveepee attempt for years, so your remark of calling me not rugged enough is just lol. Unfortunately, eve has no peeveepee for accounts made in this decade due to SP giving too much advantage to the players of the previous decade, so the only winning move in combat peeveepee is to never engage in a combat peeveepee, which is widely known and exploited by every griefer who managed to get a peeveepee-viable account.
Your posts are horribly inaccurate. Am I about to witness you taking your face off the floor and beginning the dusting off process?

Basil Pupkin
Republic Military School
#99 - 2014-02-24 00:49:41 UTC
Vaju Enki wrote:
Posting on a thread full of clueless themepark carebears that don't understand the nature of sandbox mmo-rpg games.

With a face like yours, you could've just speak the typical 10 IQ line along "didn't read lol" pattern.

Daichi Yamato
#100 - 2014-02-24 03:13:34 UTC
and u try to say i cant read?

u say ur experienced but have never been able to mine under the watch of corpies during a dec. uve never had an ally in ur war dec attack and kill aggressors. u say u've successfully ran away from all forms of PvP, so i doubt uve actually taken part in player vs player combat besides getting ur afk hauler miner destroyed.

u dnt know what is meant by the 'sandbox'. u dnt know what PvP is and the only element of PvP that ur aware exists ur still clueless about. u express ur opinion as fact despite large amounts of evidence to the contrary. u make baseless accusations and ad hominem attacks against everyone else in the thread.

other than docking up at the first sign of trouble, what is it that u are so experienced in?

I'm finding it impossible to stay on topic when u'd rather just call everyone names.

requesting thread lock.