These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jita locked out again.... this is getting worst.

First post First post
Author
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#241 - 2014-02-23 20:56:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Kimmi Chan
Tippia wrote:
That's just it: they can. If they started leveraging the mechanics that let them trade from surrounding systems, it would be even easier.

In other words, learn to Trade skills and Red Frog. Problem solved.

Or learn to fly a ship out of The Forge.

Or buy/sell in any of the other Forge systems:

Osmon
Uitra
New Caldari
Perimeter
Nonaa
Josameto
Murasai
Olo
Eskunen
Jakanerva
Gekatuni

I can go on...

Vattuolen
Abagawa
Uoyonnen
Saisio
Hurtoken
Hampinen
Poinen

That's a lot of systems that have stations with markets. AMAZING!!!

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#242 - 2014-02-23 22:19:06 UTC
Mario Putzo wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Mario Putzo wrote:
What about having NPC couriers that can transport product from Jita 4/4 to an adjacent system (one jump out of Jita MAXIMUM). Allowing people to place and order from say New Caldari, and then that order shows up in a station in New Caldari. If I can make an order on Jita market there shouldn't be any reason that item can not just be "brought" to New Caldari.
Why should NPCs be handed a job players can do perfectly well on their own?

They can't. Thats the problem.

If people could get into Jita anytime they wanted to...this thread wouldn't exist.

few hours ago (when Jita was 'closed') i bought 3 ships in Jita and courier-ed it to Perimeter in 10 minutes. Paid 1 million ISK.

then i found some expensive ship in a wreck and courier-ed it into Jita. After 8 minutes my ship was in Jita. I paid 2 million ISK (for delivering a ship worth 220million).

So nope: people can get stuff in to/out of Jita.

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

MonkeyMagic Thiesant
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#243 - 2014-02-23 22:58:30 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:
[quote=Tippia

Hopefully this'll give perimeter market a bit of a nudge.
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#244 - 2014-02-23 23:03:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Kimmi Chan
MonkeyMagic Thiesant wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:

Hopefully this'll give perimeter market a bit of a nudge.

I hope it gives all systems a bit of help. There is a lot of opportunity for the aspiring trader/industrialist to really cash in here. Whether it be in The Forge or Sinq Laison or Domain or Heimatar. Seriously, Lonetrek is a single jump from Jita and New Caldari. With the limited supplies they have there, a person could easily manipulate and profit from an otherwise underutilized market.

ED: I have also noticed that there are shorter queues on the ME Research slots and no queues on the PE research slots in most of the NPC stations in Lonetrek, But like this fiasco in Jita, no one leaves The Forge to find alternatives to their ailments. They just keep queuing up jobs in over-utilized stations in The Forge. It's madness!

Ai Shun
#245 - 2014-02-23 23:17:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Ai Shun
Kimmi Chan wrote:
Seriously, Lonetrek is a single jump from Jita and New Caldari. With the limited supplies they have there, a person could easily manipulate and profit from an otherwise underutilized market.

Nonni, Nonni, Nonni with a dash of Sobaseki! Just stay out of Aunenen. Although, at the moment you're giving away far too many secrets that will allow an enterprising Caldari to profit ...
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#246 - 2014-02-23 23:20:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Kimmi Chan
Ai Shun wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
Seriously, Lonetrek is a single jump from Jita and New Caldari. With the limited supplies they have there, a person could easily manipulate and profit from an otherwise underutilized market.

Nonni, Nonni, Nonni with a dash of Sobaseki! Just stay out of Aunenen. Although, at the moment you're giving away far too many secrets that will allow an enterprising Caldari to profit ...

No one else is paying any attention. They're all too busy thinking up new and interesting ways for the game and it's designers to do the work for them.

Nevertheless, I submit myself to and will abide by the judgement of the State.

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#247 - 2014-02-23 23:40:18 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:
Ai Shun wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:

No one else is paying any attention. They're all to busy thinking up new and interesting ways for the game and it's designers to do the work for them.

Its actually the same deal with Ammar and Dodixie, the major hubs are all only one jump from entire regions with seperate markets.

When my main was only a few months old he made most of his money buying cheap in Ammar and selling at literally double the price one jump away in Kor Azor Prime. There seemed to be an amazing number of players who either could not be bothered checking Ammar prices on Eve Central or simply wanted to avoid Ammar for some reason. These days the 20 or 30 mill a week I made is not worth the bother but at the time it was a lucrative sideline that made more than low level missioning for a fraction of the time invested.
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#248 - 2014-02-24 00:07:05 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
Ai Shun wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:

No one else is paying any attention. They're all to busy thinking up new and interesting ways for the game and it's designers to do the work for them.

Its actually the same deal with Ammar and Dodixie, the major hubs are all only one jump from entire regions with seperate markets.

When my main was only a few months old he made most of his money buying cheap in Ammar and selling at literally double the price one jump away in Kor Azor Prime. There seemed to be an amazing number of players who either could not be bothered checking Ammar prices on Eve Central or simply wanted to avoid Ammar for some reason. These days the 20 or 30 mill a week I made is not worth the bother but at the time it was a lucrative sideline that made more than low level missioning for a fraction of the time invested.

Couldn't agree more. Dodixie is right next to Everyshore which has a very underutilized market. Was in a corp parked in Junsoraert and we produced Rifters, mods, and ammo for two corps that were constantly shooting at each other there and in Jurlesel. We made a great profit from those guys. A lot more than we would have made schlepping all that crap to Dodixie or Oursalaert (which used to be a decent hub but appears to have all but fallen off the map).

Megarom
Shiva
Northern Coalition.
#249 - 2014-02-24 07:38:53 UTC
CCP Explorer wrote:
The load in Jita is primarily session changes. There are 4 types: Pilots jumping into the system and out of the system, pilots docking and undocking (mostly at 4-4). Secondary load is inventory transactions: There are mostly two types: Pilots going from one location to another (see session changes above), and market items being put onto the market and being delivered from the market (note, the market itself is then on other nodes). Tertiary load is then warping and pew-pew.

As a trader my usecase is that I log in, fiddle with my market orders and log out. This might have some slight effect on the inventory, but otherwise I'm not contributing to the load on the SOL node as all the activity is editing market orders. Still the cap inconveniences me as much as the people causing the load.

In my utterly selfish view there should be an additional state where you are docked and not intending to undock and when you declare you intention to undock you should be subjected to the limit.

I do realize that it is possible to trade in jita from few systems away, but that comes with the additional inconvenience of dealing with the delayed data on the assets window, which so far has made me avoid this option.
Salvos Rhoska
#250 - 2014-02-24 13:04:10 UTC
To my mind, there are 4 ways to perceive this:

1) To simply rationalise the issue within the existing ingame context.
"Sorry folks, but the Jita authorities are restricting entry due to our limited capacity to deal with more capsuleers."
Simple as that. Its not a server issue. Its not a player behavior issue. Its simply that Jita cant handle anymore people.

2) Blame the hardware behind the game. The deus ex machina. To claim that the games arfiticial environment is limiting player behavior, and should be "improved" in order to allow people to do what they want, despite that action ezceeding the parameters of the game.

3) Blame players. This one holds true in every case. Its your own choice whether you subject yourself to Jita queues. Nothing is forcing you to go there.

4) Meta analysis of why this problem is occuring in the first place. Why are people piling into Jita? Why has player behavior become so extreme and unilateral as to break the games capacity to cope? What is it, in the game, that is causing behaviornthat is leading to the game not being able to sustain that behavior?

I prefer the 4th perspective.

And I posit that the reasons are twofold:
A) There are not enough incentives to trade locally.
B) The cost and risk of transit to Jita, instead, are too low.

The sum total of these two makes it "better" in most cases to haul everything to Jita, rather than trade locally.
The time spent/ISK potential/risk equation favors Jita trading over local trading in most cases.

What to be done? I have some suggestions.
I) Id encourage more piracy along high value/traffic routes. I genuinely hope that the pile ups at Jita gates are mercilessly attacked and pillaged, so as to increase the risk factor and incentivise local trading.

II) CCP should do absolutely nothing to increase the player capacity of Jita. No one system in the game should have "preferential treatment" over that of others. This is the limit that Jita can hold and that is well and fine. If players insist on trying to jam their fat freighters through the eye of a needle, that is their own choice and problem.

III) As others have pointed out, I encourage trading instead on the outskirts of hubs (not only Jita) and inter-region hauling/trading. It may not be as profitable, yet, but its certainly less competetive than within Jita itself.

IV) One an overall note, Id like to see the geographic regions of space, with their own specific generstion of specific resources more or less unique to them, retain more of them in local markets, rather than so much of it flowing to Jita instead. I feel the topography of materials in the game has become too generalised and flattened. Obviously if you want to aquire these region specific items for yourself, you can go to them and do whatever it is that gets them for you. Whether that is exploration/ratting forspecific modules or whatever. But would you say you go to the MARKETS of these regions to buy them at a good price? No. You go to Jita to buy something that has been hauled from the other end of the universe, and actually still get a better price for it! Sure, this is very convenient. But is it good for the game? I think not.
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#251 - 2014-02-24 13:16:11 UTC
What all the "go somewhere else" people are missing is something crucial, indisputable and invalidates their argument entirely...

After 8 years people have not gone somewhere else and people will not go somewhere else. Its pointless and foolish to expect that the behavior of almost everyone in game will change without developer intervention. Its a stupid argument and shows a clear lack of understanding regarding the Jita issue.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#252 - 2014-02-24 13:28:04 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
What all the "go somewhere else" people are missing is something crucial, indisputable and invalidates their argument entirely...

After 8 years people have not gone somewhere else and people will not go somewhere else. Its pointless and foolish to expect that the behavior of almost everyone in game will change without developer intervention. Its a stupid argument and shows a clear lack of understanding regarding the Jita issue.

Lots of people being dumb does not mean there is a big problem. There is a huge amount of options already and CCP should never make changes to protect people from their own stupidity.
Salvos Rhoska
#253 - 2014-02-24 13:28:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Salvos Rhoska
If CCP increases Jita capacity, that is tantamount to allowing player behavior which is exceeding the capacity of the game, to dictate the game. There is absolutely no reason why Jitas capacity should exceed that of any other system in the game. Jita doesnt deserve any preferential treatment over other trade hubs or systems.

To players:
-Sorry, Jita cant handle anymore people. Adapt.

To CCP:
-Please investigate and ascertain what elsewhere in the game is causing player behavior to break the games capacity.
Surely it is not intended that the game funnels, for whichever reason, so many players to this one specific point, to the result that it breaks the games capacity to deal with them?
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#254 - 2014-02-24 14:08:25 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:

To players:
-Sorry, Jita cant handle anymore people. Adapt.

So if you were running your own business and because of the processes you set up in your business your customers were experiencing difficulties, would you tell you customers - Sorry, Adapt!? or would you fix the issue...

Theres a little bit of hypocrisy going on here isn't there? Do we have gate locks on blob warfare. Do cyno's and gates get locked when the system exceeds 2k players?

Perhaps that should be happening and null players told to - Sorry, Adapt!

How do you think that' would go down?

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#255 - 2014-02-24 14:15:40 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
So if you were running your own business and because of the processes you set up in your business your customers were experiencing difficulties, would you tell you customers - Sorry, Adapt!? or would you fix the issue...
Fix it how? What you think of as a problem is the fix.

Quote:
Theres a little bit of hypocrisy going on here isn't there? Do we have gate locks on blob warfare. Do cyno's and gates get locked when the system exceeds 2k players?
Different circumstances. Putting a cap on fights would break stuff; putting a cap on a trade hub breaks nothing. Or are you saying that you'd prefer Jita to be at 1% TiDi during peak hours?
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#256 - 2014-02-24 14:21:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Infinity Ziona
Tippia wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Fix it how? What you think of as a problem is the fix.

Quote:
Different circumstances. Putting a cap on fights would break stuff; putting a cap on a trade hub breaks nothing. Or are you saying that you'd prefer Jita to be at 1% TiDi during peak hours?

Because being unable to log in and or having your ship magically transported elsewhere because you're unable to log in is not broken.

I love how you redefine words to mean something totally different. Tippia's redefined word of the week -

broken
ˈbrəʊk(ə)n/Submit
adjective
having been broken.
"he had a broken arm"
synonyms: whole, unburst, unfragmented, un-splintered, working...

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#257 - 2014-02-24 14:31:21 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Because being unable to log in and or having your ship magically transported elsewhere because you're unable to log in is not broken.
Not particularly, no. After all, you can log in. That's the whole point. Nothing breaks.

Quote:
broken
ˈbrəʊk(ə)n/Submit
adjective
having been broken.
"he had a broken arm"
So how does this definition apply to Jita?
How is it broken? What is there to fix, and how? Or are you saying that you prefer Jita to be at 1% TiDi during peak hours?
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#258 - 2014-02-24 14:35:19 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Not particularly, no. After all, you can log in. That's the whole point. Nothing breaks.

Quote:
broken
ˈbrəʊk(ə)n/Submit
adjective
having been broken.
"he had a broken arm"
How is it broken? What is there to fix, and how? Or are you saying that you prefer Jita to be at 1% TiDi during peak hours?

Do I really have to explain how being unable to log in or have your ship magically transported to another system because your unable to login to Jita is broken?

Aralyn Cormallen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#259 - 2014-02-24 14:37:31 UTC
Tippia wrote:

Actually, maybe pulling the cap is the answer. Speaking from experience, there is nothing so teeth-grinding as trying to perform station activities while the system is ground to 10% or less due to mass undocking or logging on. A few weekends of Jita suffering the full meaning of TiDi, the way a coalition deployment station has to endure when lots of people are performing actions might well cause the problem to solve itself.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#260 - 2014-02-24 14:40:24 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:

Quote:
broken
ˈbrəʊk(ə)n/Submit
adjective
having been broken.
"he had a broken arm"

Do I really have to explain how being unable to log in or have your ship magically transported to another system because your unable to login to Jita is broken?

"Inconvenient" is not "broken". At least it's not to people who are not overly entitled.

Sunday i logged in my newest character to change her training. I leave her in Jita because it's just easier. The "choose another system" box popped up and I choose Perimeter.

My skill books were in jita, I undocked and flew to the Jita gate and it was locked. I set dest to jita 4-4 and turned on my autopilot and went to go get a sandwich. When I came back i was docked in Jita 4-4.

Mild inconvenience, sure, but nothing to start crying about. I've since moved that new character to Hek, worse market, no waiting. Smart people adapt.