These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Do you use your alts to support you on the forum?

First post
Author
KuroVolt
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#41 - 2014-02-23 16:34:25 UTC
I dont need alts to get likes.

BoBwins Law: As a discussion/war between two large nullsec entities grows longer, the probability of one comparing the other to BoB aproaches near certainty.

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#42 - 2014-02-23 16:41:10 UTC
KuroVolt wrote:

I like you.

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

Kitsune Rei
Tastes Like Purple
#43 - 2014-02-23 16:42:38 UTC
KuroVolt wrote:

I don't like you.
Barbara Nichole
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#44 - 2014-02-23 17:15:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Barbara Nichole
Elena Ranning wrote:
With all the "I know MOAR", "MeSmart UStooped", "MeTheFunniest", and "iNeedAttention" posts infesting the forums, do you guys use your alts to create fake support for your posts?

No, I have a lot of alts too.. but very very few have ever posted or even logged onto the forums.

- remove the cloaked from local; free intel is the real problem, not  "afk" cloaking -

[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/DawnFrostbringer/consultsig.jpg[/IMG]

Your Dad Naked
Doomheim
#45 - 2014-02-23 17:36:14 UTC
I've done it in the past in order to get a point across, but not in EVE. There was a guy on Egosoft forums before going around saying horribly mean insults to people for no reason. We tried all sorts of ways to deal with it but he would pop-up everywhere, and mods were doing nothing about it. Eventually I created two extra dummy accounts and send him PMs on all 3, telling him he needs therapy amongst other things.

Last we heard from him. I guess when "3 people" tell you the same thing, you actually begin to consider it. Lol
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#46 - 2014-02-23 17:44:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Erotica 1
Most of my alts are independently respected and loved on the forums, each with a unique personality, writing style, and honest business.

CCP Logibro wrote:
Actually, everyone on this forum is my alt, and I am actually CCP Falcon's alt.

Please don't violate the rules by falsely claiming you are CCP Falcon, affecting his reputation. Let me guess, you're also a CCP recruiter now too recruiting interns for Falcon, and all you need is 500m isk security deposit?

*edit* Nevermind, totally legit. Best isk I ever spent. Everyone should send CCP Logibro 500m isk.

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

KuroVolt
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#47 - 2014-02-23 20:17:26 UTC
CCP Logibro wrote:
Actually, everyone on this forum is my alt, and I am actually CCP Falcon's alt.

Actually, Logimposter.. I am the real CCP Falcon alt.

I can prove it too.

BoBwins Law: As a discussion/war between two large nullsec entities grows longer, the probability of one comparing the other to BoB aproaches near certainty.

Rhatar Khurin
Doomheim
#48 - 2014-02-23 20:22:25 UTC
All my characters have the same surname , so not too hard to spot.

So nope.
Rhanna Khurin
Doomheim
#49 - 2014-02-23 20:26:17 UTC
Me either!
James Nikolas Tesla
Tesla Holdings
#50 - 2014-02-23 21:55:17 UTC
Why do I need to support myself on the forums?

CODE is just a bunch of pirates; smart, organized pirates. It doesn't help to rage at them because that is exactly what they want. Dust yourself off and get back on your feet, you don't even have to talk to them.

Ai Shun
#51 - 2014-02-23 22:06:28 UTC
Elena Ranning wrote:
With all the "I know MOAR", "MeSmart UStooped", "MeTheFunniest", and "iNeedAttention" posts infesting the forums, do you guys use your alts to create fake support for your posts?

My grandpappy always said it is okay to talk to yourself. It's okay to ask yourself questions and it is okay to answer them as well. But the day you ask yourself what you just said you know you're $#@ed.
P3ps1 Max
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#52 - 2014-02-23 22:20:21 UTC
When a game is infested by alts I would assume the forums are too.Shocked
Caldari Citizen 20120308
Doomheim
#53 - 2014-02-23 22:21:55 UTC
P3ps1 Max wrote:

You are so spot on and I support your comment 100 percent!

Shocked
Zander Kumamato
The Chaos Void
#54 - 2014-02-24 00:43:46 UTC
I can't even fake users on a website to make money like reddit did. How am I going to fake myself on a fakish gaming website faking the make I'm faking to be while gaming the man I am. Or something.

what in the hell
James Nikolas Tesla
Tesla Holdings
#55 - 2014-02-24 01:34:44 UTC
Caldari Citizen 20120308 wrote:
P3ps1 Max wrote:

You are so spot on and I support your comment 100 percent!

Shocked

Why didn't you 'like' it then?

CODE is just a bunch of pirates; smart, organized pirates. It doesn't help to rage at them because that is exactly what they want. Dust yourself off and get back on your feet, you don't even have to talk to them.

SpoonRECKLESS
Beach Boys
The Minions.
#56 - 2014-02-24 02:24:13 UTC
I can't afford to post with my main so no.

Blue

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#57 - 2014-02-24 03:13:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Felicity Love
Dear OP:

You must have honest, decent players confused with those guys that just barf up thousands of "Likes" due to some sort of subliminal messaging everytime they see a certain commercial on TV or hear a specific ring tone in a crowded mall somewhere.

Sort of like the compulsion to buy 10 copies of a specific book every time the "Beloved Leader" sends out his "message".

Shocked

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Previous page123