These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Son of a...

Author
Edward Espinueva
#1 - 2014-02-22 22:44:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Edward Espinueva
I've been playing since Feb 5 and while playing searching the forums and reading guides on certain aspects of EVE so to familiarize myself with its intricacies.

I also just recently purchased the EVE: The Second Decade Collector's Edition.

One of the digital items I received was the cool Genolution 'Auroral' AU-79. I installed this. Then through my searches found out that the value of your ship, its cargo, and your implants determines your "juicy" factor for whether you are a target worth the effort or not. I just searched through the market and the Genolution 'Auroral' AU-79 is worth 1-2 bil ISK.

So...

Did I with one stroke increase my "juicy" factor by at least a billion (if I didn't just do it now by posting this thread) or do these Special Edition items not add anything?
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2014-02-22 22:49:42 UTC
You just activated my trap card PiratePirate

Jokes aside, Yeah if they see you in a shiny pod like that they will be happy to gank you and by declaring it here on the forums, you are in danger. Cuz they can use locator agents to find you and pod kill you

Don't say, I didn't warn you...

http://www.minerbumping.com/p/the-code.html

Amarr Empire
#3 - 2014-02-22 22:56:00 UTC
Only if you actually fly in your pod might you get suicided.

I got one as well but people never see it. Just me.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

Edward Espinueva
#4 - 2014-02-22 23:00:58 UTC
Thanks for the heads up, lol. I just re-read the item's description...

"This implant allows the bearer to operate the Genolution 'Auroral' 197-variant capsule instead of the standard type. Once installed, the implant is a permanent part of the capsuleer's brain (unless intentionally removed by the wearer), and according to contracts with the Genolution corp a fresh copy will be reinserted in every new clone activated by the capsuleer.

This implant is not removed during podding or jump cloning."

I'll just remove it from my current incarnation since I don't really lose it. If I want to see the golden pod I'll just jump to another clone Blink
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2014-02-22 23:38:20 UTC
Bear in mind that ship scanners can't see implants so unless you're flying around just in the pod, people won't be able to tell whether you have that implant installed or not.

If you are flying around just in a pod, well, you're probably a more tempting target gold pod or no gold pod.
#6 - 2014-02-22 23:45:10 UTC
Edward Espinueva wrote:
I'll just remove it from my current incarnation since I don't really lose it. If I want to see the golden pod I'll just jump to another clone Blink

Uh... once you remove it, it's gone.
#7 - 2014-02-22 23:45:40 UTC
Before you go destroying a valuable item, please look up the values of killmails on the pods.

One public killboard shows both pods valued at 0 isk, another at 10,000 isk and a third values a regular pod at 1m isk and the "golden" pod at 0 isk. These were killmails without any implants in slots 1-10 of course. Since it's naughty to post killmails here I'm afraid I can't link examples, but the above checking only took a few minutes and I encourage you to verify it for yourself.

There are times when traveling in a pod makes sense (or is at the very least unavoidable) but people do it far more often than they should. As Elena said, if you're in a ship, no one has any idea what kind of pod you're in. I recommend keeping it that way whenever possible.
Edward Espinueva
#8 - 2014-02-22 23:52:24 UTC
Mara Rinn wrote:
Edward Espinueva wrote:

But the description states that it will be available in a fresh clone. Or is that just fluff or outdated info?
Edward Espinueva
#9 - 2014-02-23 00:01:12 UTC
Charles Reineman wrote:
Before you go destroying a valuable item, please look up the values of killmails on the pods.

One public killboard shows both pods valued at 0 isk, another at 10,000 isk and a third values a regular pod at 1m isk and the "golden" pod at 0 isk. These were killmails without any implants in slots 1-10 of course. Since it's naughty to post killmails here I'm afraid I can't link examples, but the above checking only took a few minutes and I encourage you to verify it for yourself.

There are times when traveling in a pod makes sense (or is at the very least unavoidable) but people do it far more often than they should. As Elena said, if you're in a ship, no one has any idea what kind of pod you're in. I recommend keeping it that way whenever possible.

Thanks, I checked myself. 1 mil for the capsule and a smidge over 3.2 bil in implants (Genolution C-1 to C-4). Yowsers...

But it is weird that it varies between 0-1mil Question
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#10 - 2014-02-23 00:01:26 UTC
Edward Espinueva wrote:
Mara Rinn wrote:
Edward Espinueva wrote:

But the description states that it will be available in a fresh clone. Or is that just fluff or outdated info?

If you're podded, you get it back.

If you jump clone it goes with you.

If you unplug it, it's gone forever.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Caldari State
#11 - 2014-02-23 00:02:07 UTC
Edward Espinueva wrote:

(unless intentionally removed by the wearer),

The part you seem to have missed... Big smile
Edward Espinueva
#12 - 2014-02-23 00:36:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Edward Espinueva
Lol. Thanks for the explanation. And thank you dinner! Why? Cause if dinner didn't come I would not have put it off until I got back before reading this thread. So not removing it now. Hurray!
Caldari State
#13 - 2014-02-23 01:41:16 UTC
Edward Espinueva wrote:
I've been playing since Feb 5 and while playing searching the forums and reading guides on certain aspects of EVE so to familiarize myself with its intricacies.

One of the digital items I received was the cool Genolution 'Auroral' AU-79. I installed this. Then through my searches found out that the value of your ship, its cargo, and your implants determines your "juicy" factor for whether you are a target worth the effort or not. I just searched through the market and the Genolution 'Auroral' AU-79 is worth 1-2 bil ISK.

So...

Did I with one stroke increase my "juicy" factor by at least a billion (if I didn't just do it now by posting this thread) or do these Special Edition items not add anything?

Well, if not already, this posts did it for you.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Caldari State
#14 - 2014-02-23 01:43:30 UTC
Edward Espinueva wrote:
Thanks for the heads up, lol. I just re-read the item's description...

"This implant allows the bearer to operate the Genolution 'Auroral' 197-variant capsule instead of the standard type. Once installed, the implant is a permanent part of the capsuleer's brain (unless intentionally removed by the wearer), and according to contracts with the Genolution corp a fresh copy will be reinserted in every new clone activated by the capsuleer.

This implant is not removed during podding or jump cloning."

Let me highlight something important.

Quote:
(unless intentionally removed by the wearer)

And then your action:

Quote:
I'll just remove it from my current incarnation since I don't really lose it.

Ergo,

You just destroyed the implant and will never get it back.

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Caldari State
#15 - 2014-02-23 01:44:19 UTC
Edward Espinueva wrote:
Mara Rinn wrote:
Edward Espinueva wrote:

No...

Read again

It says that if you get podded, you are handed a new one without automatically

If you destroy it manually, it's gone.

Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2014-02-23 01:47:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Miriya Zakalwe
Jared Lennox wrote:
You just activated my trap card PiratePirate

"set off". As in,

"How hilarious / You just set off my trap card / Your death approaches."

(my personal favorite is "Sorry, did that hurt? / That sorry was sarcasm / I am not sorry")
#17 - 2014-02-23 03:17:00 UTC
Edward Espinueva wrote:

So...

Hello, my name is... Pirate

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Working Stiffs
#18 - 2014-02-23 06:04:58 UTC
For what it is worth, when the implant first hit TQ it was valued at market price by kill-boards, BUT they quickly moved to value it at 0 ISK since it is replaced.

At least one site I've seen values a pod at 10k and a golden pod at 40k. I think this is just to assign more "points" in their rating system.