These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

FW farming.... It's getting REALLY lame.

Author
Garric Shadowbane
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#1 - 2014-02-22 09:18:56 UTC
Today I saw another russian Farming alt 2 weeks old hit my home system for the entire day (24 hours). FW is great, but the farm really sucks life out of it. Who cares about hitting systems when we have alts that can plex harder and longer than any of us. There is probably a bot running the crap out of this.

I know you guys are tired of it too, and are probably really tired of people complaining about it also. But CCP wont change anything unless we bring forward the topic.
Plug in Baby
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2014-02-22 09:23:20 UTC
Garric Shadowbane wrote:
CCP wont change anything.

Fixed that for you.

This is not a forum alt, this is a forum main.

Colt Blackhawk
Doomheim
#3 - 2014-02-22 09:47:13 UTC
I am really getting tired of this **** ,too.
Minmatar hide in Huola and don´t fight.
1 week old gal and minnie alts plexing stabbed and cloaky like mad. Half of them bots. CCPs war on bots is a joke.
But wanna bet we get some new mobile structures soon?
THIS GAME NEEDS FIXES. GODDAMN.

[09:04:53] Ashira Twilight > Plant the f****** amarr flag and s*** on their smoking wrecks.

Loraine Gess
Confedeferate Union of Tax Legalists
#4 - 2014-02-22 09:49:10 UTC
Can't fix being less dedicated than the enemy
Zen Guerrilla
CTRL-Q
Ushra'Khan
#5 - 2014-02-22 10:14:37 UTC
Colt Blackhawk wrote:
1 week old gal and minnie alts plexing stabbed and cloaky like mad. Half of them bots. CCPs war on bots is a joke.

There's the same botting/afking/cloaking alts in all 4 factions. It just shifts whenever a faction hits a high tier.

Stop trying to pretend it's only the others. That just makes you look stupid(er). Twisted

It's a ****** problem and i can't see CCP changing anything about it. It's such a huge isk sink, i guess they want to keep it that way.

It still pays too well, it's still too easy to do with a low SP alt. But no matter what they would change, people would still find a way to exploit it. So deal with it.

pew pew

Colt Blackhawk
Doomheim
#6 - 2014-02-22 10:39:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Colt Blackhawk
Zen Guerrilla wrote:
Colt Blackhawk wrote:

There's the same botting/afking/cloaking alts in all 4 factions. It just shifts whenever a faction hits a high tier.

Stop trying to pretend it's only the others. That just makes you look stupid(er). Twisted

It's a ****** problem and i can't see CCP changing anything about it. It's such a huge isk sink, i guess they want to keep it that way.

It still pays too well, it's still too easy to do with a low SP alt. But no matter what they would change, people would still find a way to exploit it. So deal with it.

Dear Zen.
I know you are really, really low concerning the CPU in your head.
But farming alts everywhere for minmatar militia while prices for minnies are stil **** is really new. In this case they are not the standard farmers but prolly alts from standard minmatard militia members. Lame as hell.
And yes I know some of you minnies had more brain and made galmatar alts^^
I am really tired fighting vs a "militia" that is fighting like marmite, simply ganking hell out of **** or blueballing to hell and going on farm mode instead.

Sincerely yours,,

Colt

Edit.
TO CCP: You could really rename the game to "Alts and bots online"

[09:04:53] Ashira Twilight > Plant the f****** amarr flag and s*** on their smoking wrecks.

Bad Messenger
Rehabilitation Clinic
#7 - 2014-02-22 11:07:29 UTC
there is no reason to put anything else than newbie alt to plex, if no one is hunting those.

If you chase alts off they usually go somewhere else when they notice that lp income is not good on some system.

Also if you chase off some plexing alt you may find out that his main may appear and kill you and he is not always in militia.

It does not really matter if guy has empty frigate or fully stabbed and cloaked one, he is still using time in plex and that is only thing that matters in FW and that is why it is rewarded by lp.
Zen Guerrilla
CTRL-Q
Ushra'Khan
#8 - 2014-02-22 13:17:00 UTC
Colt Blackhawk wrote:
Zen Guerrilla wrote:
Colt Blackhawk wrote:

Dear Zen.
But farming alts everywhere for minmatar militia while prices for minnies are stil **** is really new. In this case they are not the standard farmers but prolly alts from standard minmatard militia members. Lame as hell.
I am really tired fighting vs a "militia" that is fighting like marmite, simply ganking hell out of **** or blueballing to hell and going on farm mode instead.

Sincerely yours,,

Colt

Edit.

You're killing me. Lol

YOu also completely missed my point. Well, mostly. A minor point was you being stupid. You really didn't miss that one. But my major point was that there's cloaky, stabbed farmers in all factions. And if you really think it's only one faction i can only refer you to the minor point from my other post.

pew pew

Colt Blackhawk
Doomheim
#9 - 2014-02-22 15:58:49 UTC
Zen Guerrilla wrote:
Colt Blackhawk wrote:
Zen Guerrilla wrote:
Colt Blackhawk wrote:

Dear Zen.

Sincerely yours,,

Colt

Edit.

You're killing me. Lol

YOu also completely missed my point. Well, mostly. A minor point was you being stupid. You really didn't miss that one. But my major point was that there's cloaky, stabbed farmers in all factions. And if you really think it's only one faction i can only refer you to the minor point from my other post.

And you missed my point. Farmers come when prices are good again. But actually minnie prices are still ****.
So you can´t tell me all these minnie farmers are the regular ones. Farmatar militia is not relying on farmers. They ARE the farmers. That is the diffrence to other militias in eve.

Plato Forko
123 Fake Street
#10 - 2014-02-22 16:50:39 UTC
FW is like a rec. centre where people go to play pick-up games, coming and going as they please against the backdrop of unknown farmers, schools of overpowered pirates and arrogant FCs who think they are the first person ever to make a run on the warzone.
Deen Wispa
Sheriff.
Caldari Tactical Operations Command
#11 - 2014-02-22 18:39:12 UTC
As the saying goes here in Gallente Militia, "I fight for Gallente. I farm for Caldari" :)

High Five. Yeah! C'est La Eve .

Nanny State
Doomheim
#12 - 2014-02-22 20:16:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Nanny State
how would a bot farm plexes? if u cloak when someone enters local u will b cloaked most of the day. and how would it know which anom to warp to next? and there's no way it could offensively plex
chatgris
Quantum Cats Syndicate
#13 - 2014-02-22 22:25:37 UTC
Nanny State wrote:
how would a bot farm plexes? if u cloak when someone enters local u will b cloaked most of the day. and how would it know which anom to warp to next? and there's no way it could offensively plex

If ship on close scan then cloak.

Else decloak and spin button.
Zarnak Wulf
Task Force 641
Empyrean Edict
#14 - 2014-02-23 01:33:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Zarnak Wulf
You know a system is bad when the primary FW pilots dislike going to Tier 3 or higher due to all the farmer alts. Calls in militia chat for LP donations are usually met with jeers and derision. It's a horrible system. It's broken. It's a game of alts. And the active alliances and corporations on both sides of the Minmatar/ Amarr conflict are shadows of what they used to be even a year ago.

Pay everything at Tier 2 prices - kill the tier system in otherwords. The market will help balance.
Expand docking right denial to include those with bad standings towards the controlling faction. This is a proxy war after all.
Figure out some system upgrades that aren't absolutely LOL.

This doesn't require a super hard fix.
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#15 - 2014-02-23 01:53:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Bienator II
Zarnak Wulf wrote:
You know a system is bad when the primary FW pilots dislike going to Tier 3 or higher due to all the farmer alts. .

i was about to write the exact same thing :). Amarr stopped flipping systems weeks ago. At least 15 systems are vulnerable (or almost vulnerable) right now. Its almost the same situations as we had right after inferno - only the reasons why we do it are different.

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#16 - 2014-02-23 01:56:40 UTC
since nobody mentioned it yet:
timer resets FTW

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Epikurus
TheBlacklist
#17 - 2014-02-23 04:03:56 UTC
It's worth bearing in mind that the farming dynamic helps keep FW balanced and swinging from one side to another. Things would get a bit boring if one side could dominate permanently and the fact that there is a good reason for the farmers to switch sides periodically helps keep the playground fresh and helps avoid the kind of torpor we see in null.
X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#18 - 2014-02-23 04:56:10 UTC
Epikurus wrote:
It's worth bearing in mind that the farming dynamic helps keep FW balanced and swinging from one side to another. Things would get a bit boring if one side could dominate permanently and the fact that there is a good reason for the farmers to switch sides periodically helps keep the playground fresh and helps avoid the kind of torpor we see in null.

Timer rollbacks for home system defence (make it a bit easier), but it will do nothing for farming the hinterlands because people will still get bored to tears chasing stabbed alts. Which is how it ought to be.

My guess is that CCP views FW as a huge isk sink for the overall economy and is afraid to adjust anything about it that will affect that sink. Otherwise they would have implemented timer rollbacks already.

We should all vote for a CSM who campaigns on a platform that includes Timer Rollbacks.

X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#19 - 2014-02-23 05:01:15 UTC
Colt Blackhawk wrote:

So are you saying that your side can't take Huola because of "plexing alts"? ?? If the other side doesn't fight, then your side should easily roflstomp them - unless your side lacks TZ coverage. Then you're screwed and the answer is to get some.

Flyinghotpocket
Small Focused Memes
Ragequit Cancel Sub
#20 - 2014-02-23 06:19:59 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:

We should all vote for a CSM who campaigns on a platform that includes Timer Rollbacks.

i think we are all scarred from our previous csm representative of fw. maybe its time for our side to have one. maybe me or damar should run xDDD

Amarr Militia Representative - A jar of nitro

123Next pageLast page