These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Rubicon 1.3] Hull Repair Drones

First post First post
Author
Merida DunBrogh
Black Screen Of Raging Defeat
#141 - 2014-02-21 06:33:35 UTC
Alundil wrote:
Mario Putzo wrote:
Will I be able to repair myself with my own drones someday?

No other drone type is capable of acting on the owner of said drones. I don't foresee this happening ever. It would have some very serious negative ramifications on numerous combat types/roles/fittings (think small gangs where active armor is already pretty good again - finally).

NB4 triple-rep Myrms/Ishtars + medium repair drones (etc etc etc) as an example (easily close to 1000ehp/s repped if you include medium armor drones).
But then you'd be lacking in the DPS department on your "Drone-Boat" now wouldn't you? So that happening goes right out of the window since it makes little sense to tank a little bit extra while reducing your DPS a lot.

I'd say +1 to self-repping with drones.

Mournful Conciousness
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#142 - 2014-02-21 08:42:26 UTC
Merida DunBrogh wrote:
Alundil wrote:
Mario Putzo wrote:

No other drone type is capable of acting on the owner of said drones. I don't foresee this happening ever. It would have some very serious negative ramifications on numerous combat types/roles/fittings (think small gangs where active armor is already pretty good again - finally).

NB4 triple-rep Myrms/Ishtars + medium repair drones (etc etc etc) as an example (easily close to 1000ehp/s repped if you include medium armor drones).
But then you'd be lacking in the DPS department on your "Drone-Boat" now wouldn't you? So that happening goes right out of the window since it makes little sense to tank a little bit extra while reducing your DPS a lot.

If you did this, you'd also have to allow combat drones to engage the owners ship, which should create some hilarious team speak moments...

Embers Children is recruiting carefully selected pilots who like wormholes, green killboards and the sweet taste of tears. You can convo me in game or join the chat "TOHA Lounge".

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#143 - 2014-02-21 11:06:48 UTC
Mournful Conciousness wrote:
If you did this, you'd also have to allow combat drones to engage the owners ship, which should create some hilarious team speak moments...

Death by drone...? (alternative to self-destruct)

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

The Jagji
Brotherhood Of The Risen Phoenix
#144 - 2014-02-21 12:17:34 UTC
When do we get Shield Regen Drones?
Mournful Conciousness
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#145 - 2014-02-21 12:48:04 UTC
The Jagji wrote:

when you next log on to eve

Embers Children is recruiting carefully selected pilots who like wormholes, green killboards and the sweet taste of tears. You can convo me in game or join the chat "TOHA Lounge".

The Jagji
Brotherhood Of The Risen Phoenix
#146 - 2014-02-21 20:29:19 UTC
Mournful Conciousness wrote:
The Jagji wrote:

when you next log on to eve

I don't log on to EVE. I log out of Real World Sim.
Callduron
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#147 - 2014-02-22 13:03:49 UTC
Feels like there's now a niche for a drone destroyer bonused for logistics.

You could carry a flight of each rep type in a 25m3/75m3 bay.

You could keep the Algos and Dragoon role bonus to drone navigation.

You could fit up the ship with drone boosting mods, maybe even a logi version of the Drone Damage Amp as a new low slot module.

Maybe also an ewar drone destroyer with bonuses to TD and SW drones etc.

I write http://stabbedup.blogspot.co.uk/

I post on reddit as /u/callduron.

Melek D'Ivri
Illuminated Overwatch Group
#148 - 2014-02-22 22:19:10 UTC
I like it. +1Pirate

Real men hull tank. Each other.
Xe'Cara'eos
A Big Enough Lever
#149 - 2014-02-23 12:34:37 UTC
is there an estimated time on these yet?

For posting an idea into F&I: come up with idea, try and think how people could abuse this, try to fix your idea - loop the process until you can't see how it could be abused, then post to the forums to let us figure out how to abuse it..... If your idea can be abused, it [u]WILL[/u] be.

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#150 - 2014-02-24 01:07:17 UTC
I assume you will not be able to use these to repair the ship that actually launches the drones.
Otturo Arckh
Local Spike Inc.
#151 - 2014-02-26 21:35:47 UTC
Taul Masok wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
7o everyone.

Let us know what you think!
Thanks
-Fozzie

One of us, one of us.

7o

They probably have alts in BNI xD

In regards to the hull repair drones, they know that real men hull tank

7o
Alundil
Rolled Out
#152 - 2014-02-26 21:57:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Alundil
Merida DunBrogh wrote:
Alundil wrote:
Mario Putzo wrote:

Nope, bad balance changes/suggestions (in this case) make for some interesting possibilities such as what I mentioned above. But for your edification
before implants

~200dps within scram/webx2 range
> 950 ehp/s rep
relatively safe from neuts

Would chew through frigs, assfrigs, dessies and possibly cruisers (slower) with ease. In fact, if this were possible I'd lol-about through LS and 00 nightly picking fights because it would be ridiculously funny.

So in short (even though I'd love it if possible), No.

You also seem to not realize that this setup would make an immensely useful tackle setup.
Tackle ship
deploy heavies for >500 dps
while repping >800 ehp/s...
tackled ship calls assistance
pull heavies
deploy med armor rep drones
hold out even longer for your friends to arrive
redeploy heavies
drown in tears about op self-rep drones

So many fun applications would result from this broken setup.

I'm right behind you

CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#153 - 2014-02-26 22:43:11 UTC
Xe'Cara'eos wrote:

All I can tell you right now is that they will be coming in Rubicon 1.3.

More details coming soon.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Yazzinra
Scorpion Ventures
#154 - 2014-02-27 05:24:15 UTC
while your adding these drones, can you make sure they all continue to "engage" their target? Unlike certain webber drones you recently added which tend to give up on life after catching their target.
Xe'Cara'eos
A Big Enough Lever
#155 - 2014-02-28 13:48:39 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Xe'Cara'eos wrote:

All I can tell you right now is that they will be coming in Rubicon 1.3.

More details coming soon.

many thanks fozzie!

For posting an idea into F&I: come up with idea, try and think how people could abuse this, try to fix your idea - loop the process until you can't see how it could be abused, then post to the forums to let us figure out how to abuse it..... If your idea can be abused, it [u]WILL[/u] be.

Jed Clampett
Doomheim
#156 - 2014-03-05 09:06:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Jed Clampett
Chitsa Jason wrote:
Finally no need for wormhole dwellers to refit mods to rep structure damage :)

Heh - now if only you didn't need to get close to an online ship array to swap drones in the cargo bay to the drone bay.
As long as you got to do that its still as much hassle as swapping in a hull repair module.

Overall when I think about it swapping modules will remain my first choice for wh structure repair on ships. Drones help with POS guns though by giving you options to keep fighting at some level while repairing or able to immediately duck back under POS shields. Though I understand CCP is considering adding a combat cooldown counter to keep you from exploiting POS shields to evade PVP (new thinking that POS shields are only supposed to protect POS modules and ships in the process of launching/boarding from hangars). That would make drone repair less desirable.

Hmmm...drones can't repair your own ship but can they repair an unpiloted ship? For those times when you are the only one around that would be nice.

Of course drones are useless under the POS shields. So really hull repair drones only help repair buddies and reduce your available DPS during use. And for repairing your own ship they are useless... unless they work on unpiloted ships and you willing to do something awkward and dangerous outside the POS shield involving your damaged and unpiloted ship.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#157 - 2014-03-07 03:52:24 UTC
very nice!

Sure wish we could use repair drones on ourselves though.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#158 - 2014-03-07 14:05:32 UTC
CCP Fozzie, have you or are you considering allowing players to assign logi drones to their own ships?
CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#159 - 2014-03-07 14:11:35 UTC
Rek Seven wrote:
CCP Fozzie, have you or are you considering allowing players to assign logi drones to their own ships?

I won't rule it out, but we have no firm plans to allow such functionality that at this time.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Maximus Andendare
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#160 - 2014-03-07 15:33:24 UTC
Fozzie, these *must* be Minmatar drone models! The Minmatar have an intimate familiarity with fiddling with hull bits to make their ships even work! This travesty must be corrected!

Enter grid and you're already dead, destined to be reborn and fight another day.

>> Play Eve Online FREE! Join today for exclusive bonuses! <<