These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123
 

Sumerians had knowledge of jupiters North Pole, EvE still has no alien

First post
Author
Arduemont
The State of War.
#41 - 2014-02-21 13:24:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Arduemont
Knights Armament wrote:
because they exist.


They very probably do. Somewhere in the almost infinite universe. The Eve Galaxy however, is an incredibly small galaxy. The chances of finding 'other' life in an area so very very very small. It would be entirely unrealistic to assume aliens 'just happened to be here' in such a small area.

Freedom Munition wrote:

I just proved Ancient Alien theory correct.


Also, your an idiot. Using the word 'proved' so flippantly in any sentence shows that you know nothing about 'proving' anything.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

Freedom Munition
Perkone
Caldari State
#42 - 2014-02-21 13:27:33 UTC
Arduemont wrote:
Knights Armament wrote:
because they exist.


They very probably do. Somewhere in the almost infinite universe. The Eve Galaxy however, is an incredibly small galaxy. The chances of finding 'other' life in an area so small very very very small. It would be entirely unrealistic to assume aliens 'just happened to be here' in such a small area.

Freedom Munition wrote:

I just proved Ancient Alien theory correct.


Also, your an idiot.


Incredibly lucky I'd say giving the technological capability of such an ancient civilization, assuming the Sumerians are right about the gods. One would not want to anger them by intruding into their territory.
Freedom Munition
Perkone
Caldari State
#43 - 2014-02-21 13:29:31 UTC
Freedom Munition wrote:
Arduemont wrote:
Knights Armament wrote:
because they exist.


They very probably do. Somewhere in the almost infinite universe. The Eve Galaxy however, is an incredibly small galaxy. The chances of finding 'other' life in an area so small very very very small. It would be entirely unrealistic to assume aliens 'just happened to be here' in such a small area.

Freedom Munition wrote:

I just proved Ancient Alien theory correct.


Also, your an idiot.


Incredibly lucky I'd say giving the technological capability of such an ancient civilization, assuming the Sumerians are right about the gods. One would not want to anger them by intruding into their territory.



Our planet is fairly new, much older galaxies that formed after the big bang have had a head start on us, we're billions of years behind.
Freedom Munition
Perkone
Caldari State
#44 - 2014-02-21 13:40:02 UTC
Arduemont wrote:
Knights Armament wrote:
because they exist.


They very probably do. Somewhere in the almost infinite universe. The Eve Galaxy however, is an incredibly small galaxy. The chances of finding 'other' life in an area so very very very small. It would be entirely unrealistic to assume aliens 'just happened to be here' in such a small area.

Freedom Munition wrote:

I just proved Ancient Alien theory correct.


Also, your an idiot. Using the word 'proved' so flippantly in any sentence shows that you know nothing about 'proving' anything.



I proved you're a moron who resorts to name calling as a means of trying to appear intelligent.
Arduemont
The State of War.
#45 - 2014-02-21 13:42:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Arduemont
Your just drawing ridiculous stupid conclusions from nothing. Those are not proofs. It would be like me saying 'When you drop a pebble into water, the resulting patterns are almost exactly like circumferential electromagnetic waves therefore WATER IS MAGNETIC OMG!1'

The image of Jupiter, might be an image of Jupiter but the fact the star had rings on it is a cosmetic choice, not a representation about their knowledge of the structure of Titan. There's this thing right... called coincidence. Things that are highly improbable happen all the time.

Here's an example. If I told you I could find you a person who could flip a coin and make it land heads up 200 times in a row with his eyes closed you would assume that he had some special skill or it was a magic trick, or he was cheating. But if I made tens of thousands of people flip a coin 200 times, repeatedly over a long time then some of them are going to flip it 200 times and get heads each time. It's coincidence. Things like that happen. All the time.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

Freedom Munition
Perkone
Caldari State
#46 - 2014-02-21 13:47:59 UTC
Arduemont wrote:
Your just drawing ridiculous stupid conclusions from nothing. Those are not proofs. It would be like me saying 'When you drop a pebble into water, the resulting patterns are almost exactly like circumferential electromagnetic waves therefore WATER IS MAGNETIC OMG!1'

The image of Jupiter, might be an image of Jupiter but the fact the star had rings on it is a cosmetic choice, not a representation about their knowledge of the structure of Titan. There's this thing right... called coincidence. Things that are highly improbable happen all the time.

Here's an example. If I told you I could find you a person who could flip a coin and make it land heads up 200 times in a row with his eyes closed you would assume that he had some special skill or it was a magic trick, or he was cheating. But if I made tens of thousands of people flip a coin 200 times, repeatedly over a long time then some of them are going to flip it 200 times and get heads each time. It's coincidence. Things like that happen. All the time.


You're wrong.

I just proved you wrong by telling you that you're wrong.
Arduemont
The State of War.
#47 - 2014-02-21 13:51:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Arduemont
Freedom Munition wrote:

You're wrong.

I just proved you wrong by telling you that you're wrong.


Well then you're wrong.

And so I just proved you wrong by telling you that you're wrong.

Now we're both wrong, even though we have opposite opinions on what is ultimately a boolean argument (they did/they didn't). And a paradox ensued. Mind blown.

Edit: Alternatively, I could have meant that you were wrong that I was wrong, and that proved that you were wrong that I was wrong meaning that I was right. That would not result in a paradox, but is still funny.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

Toggaf Yag
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#48 - 2014-02-21 13:57:57 UTC
I just looked over the OPs work I have to agree the sumerians and the dogon tribe had ancient knowledge given to them by aliens. Anyone attacking the OP is probably working against disclosure.
Macabre Combine
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#49 - 2014-02-21 14:02:10 UTC
Toggaf Yag wrote:
I just looked over the OPs work I have to agree the sumerians and the dogon tribe had ancient knowledge given to them by aliens. Anyone attacking the OP is probably working against disclosure.


It really blows my mind how many disinfo agents and jidf government shills play EvE. Those NSA puppetmasters must be hard at work posting on 20 alt accounts.
Thorn Galen
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#50 - 2014-02-21 14:10:50 UTC
I love these LOL threads.
Soldarius
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#51 - 2014-02-21 14:29:14 UTC
I find the astrological implications of the 3-way Venus/Jupiter/waning crescent moon conjunction more interesting than the Sumerian art. Unfortunately, the pic doesn't say which year it happened. So it is difficult to say what kind of influence it will have.

But the tl;dr in general is tears. (I think. Not an expert.)

How very appropriate.

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

ISD LackOfFaith
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#52 - 2014-02-21 14:51:31 UTC
Quote:
22. Post constructively.

Negative feedback can be very useful to further improve EVE Online provided that it is presented in a civil and factual manner. All users are encouraged to honestly express their feelings regarding EVE Online and how it can be improved. Posts that are non-constructive, insulting or in breach of the rules will be deleted regardless of how valid the ideas behind them may be. Users are also reminded that posting with a lack of content also constitutes non-constructive posting.

Thread locked.

ISD LackOfFaith

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to Eve Mail or anything other than the forums.

Previous page123