These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12
 

EVE Online: Rubicon 1.2 Feedback Thread

First post
Author
wallel Audeles
Hoplite Brigade
Ushra'Khan
#21 - 2014-02-19 01:07:19 UTC
Still having Mac issues. See Mac patch feedback thread. Not sure how i feel about paying for a game i can't play.Ugh
Sylvia Lafayette
Taggart Transdimensional
Solyaris Chtonium
#22 - 2014-02-19 01:21:49 UTC
a minor thing. I did like seeing the model of the ship on the login screen. not sure if there is a setting to get that back I can turn on. Just the name of the ship works but less wow factor
CCP Nobody
C C P
C C P Alliance
#23 - 2014-02-19 09:58:00 UTC
Sylvia Lafayette wrote:
a minor thing. I did like seeing the model of the ship on the login screen. not sure if there is a setting to get that back I can turn on. Just the name of the ship works but less wow factor

A possible fix for this is to make the game window bigger, for example if you are playing in windowed mode it is maybe not large enough. The reason for this is that the ship images will dissapear when there isn't enough space to show them.

If this doesn't work please file a bug report, because we really like to keep our wow factor
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2014-02-19 22:03:16 UTC
The tracking camera is still too slow on the next gate in a route.
It only behaves this way on the next gate, unless another item is tracked first and then the next gate is selected.
Please fix it so that the increased speed is on the next gate too.

I also sent a bug report about this.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#25 - 2014-02-19 23:14:29 UTC
since the map is now loading so fast (< 2s in my case) have you thought about removing the progress bar? you know... progress bars are evil

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Blue Harrier
#26 - 2014-02-20 11:10:49 UTC
I’m not sure if this is a bug or intended, but yesterday I activated an old account and had to read the ULA.

I noticed you (CCP) are restricting client accounts to one per computer and each one must be a fresh download paid for when signing up.

Is this the reason the launcher does not remember my second log in details on the drop down list, because I am running 2 separate (but not simultaneous) accounts from the same computer and using the same client?

Will this restriction also prevent one from running multiple clients from running on one computer system unless that person is multi-boxing said clients?

"You wait - time passes, Thorin sits down and starts singing about gold." from The Hobbit on ZX Spectrum 1982.

Anhenka
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2014-02-20 19:31:21 UTC
Blue Harrier wrote:
I’m not sure if this is a bug or intended, but yesterday I activated an old account and had to read the ULA.

I noticed you (CCP) are restricting client accounts to one per computer and each one must be a fresh download paid for when signing up.

Is this the reason the launcher does not remember my second log in details on the drop down list, because I am running 2 separate (but not simultaneous) accounts from the same computer and using the same client?

Will this restriction also prevent one from running multiple clients from running on one computer system unless that person is multi-boxing said clients?



If you are using the same folder to launch all accounts, it should remember all usernames. If you are launching separate accounts from separate copied folders, then each one won't remember details of an account until you use the client launched from that folder to log into that account. At least, my client remembers all the ones I have used.

As to your last question, I'm honestly not sure what you are asking. Running multiple clients at once is kind of the definition of multi-boxing. You have been able, and are still able to run multiple chars at once as long as they are on the different accounts. If you are referring to the launcher window, I for once do not know of a way to open multiple launcher windows at once.


The note about paid clients is because while you can have multiple paid accounts, or one trial account running at once, you cannot open up both a trial account and a paid account at the same time.
Kain Katsuo
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#28 - 2014-02-20 23:20:34 UTC
Anhenka wrote:
Blue Harrier wrote:
I’m not sure if this is a bug or intended, but yesterday I activated an old account and had to read the ULA.

I noticed you (CCP) are restricting client accounts to one per computer and each one must be a fresh download paid for when signing up.

Is this the reason the launcher does not remember my second log in details on the drop down list, because I am running 2 separate (but not simultaneous) accounts from the same computer and using the same client?

Will this restriction also prevent one from running multiple clients from running on one computer system unless that person is multi-boxing said clients?



If you are using the same folder to launch all accounts, it should remember all usernames. If you are launching separate accounts from separate copied folders, then each one won't remember details of an account until you use the client launched from that folder to log into that account. At least, my client remembers all the ones I have used.

As to your last question, I'm honestly not sure what you are asking. Running multiple clients at once is kind of the definition of multi-boxing. You have been able, and are still able to run multiple chars at once as long as they are on the different accounts. If you are referring to the launcher window, I for once do not know of a way to open multiple launcher windows at once.


The note about paid clients is because while you can have multiple paid accounts, or one trial account running at once, you cannot open up both a trial account and a paid account at the same time.

The launcher doesn't have problem in being launched multiple times, at the same time, its only really slow loading, sometimes you have to click the shortcut several times to get it open, and after you logged in the game, 3 more will pop up like mushrooms after the rain.
Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2014-02-21 07:33:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Grey Stormshadow
Fix the routing back to what it was Thank you

Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest

Braane
Skilldefizit
Reckless Contingency.
#30 - 2014-02-26 10:10:06 UTC
Hello. After the Patch my icebelt dosnt respawn... Maybe its something wrong? i Cant find other Miner here, i'm still alone . Any idea? Thank you
Act-Mack PVT
Adversity.
Psychotic Tendencies.
#31 - 2014-03-02 05:37:56 UTC
After patch i cant login past character selection, keep dropping socket, have tried to reset router and modem as well as buying a new router opening ports reinstalling etc. nothing worked, not the only one. The only feed back i've been getting from ccp in game is basically leaving me and the others in the wind.
Irene Kennedy
#32 - 2014-03-02 22:43:15 UTC
Act-Mack PVT wrote:
After patch i cant login past character selection, keep dropping socket, have tried to reset router and modem as well as buying a new router opening ports reinstalling etc. nothing worked, not the only one. The only feed back i've been getting from ccp in game is basically leaving me and the others in the wind.


Yep.

There are a lot of us in that same boat at the moment.

=(
Lazarus Complex
The Prodigy Expedition
#33 - 2014-03-03 02:51:08 UTC
ok, here's what I have figured out, I run two accounts at the same time on two computers, a lap top and a PC. If I run only one of the two, it doesn't matter which one< everything is fine and I stay connected. But if I run both machines, after about 30 minutes or so, everything slows to a crawl & I get the socket closed message on one if not both of the machines. If I get it on only one, the other speeds up. I ran an internet speed test over & over while I was running both machines & what I saw was that my upload speed would go from 2.6 down to 0.1 right before the disconnect. So, for me it's not a ccp issue, but an issue with my internet connection. I've already replaced the router & cable modem yesterday and eliminated that possibility. My cable company is coming out in two days to see what they can find. I think it's some connection in the cable someplace. Hope this helps. I;ll post again once I get a verdict from the cable guy.
kingiceninja
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#34 - 2014-03-03 10:30:22 UTC
someone was saying this might be connected to DDOS attack from last week as security is higher than usual but I have not been able to log in from my home for 3 days now I hope I am getting re reimbursed for game time lost here still waiting for an answer to my support ticket please sort this soon
Previous page12