These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EvE Passive income needs to be removed

First post First post
Author
Kisey
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#181 - 2014-02-20 23:32:13 UTC
Mario Putzo wrote:

Regional conquest is irrelevant to the way the moon mining works. Just because CFC owns a region doesn't mean if N3 takes it that Moon mining becomes any more interactive. Put up new pos, log in, click button, log out, make isk.

Yeah if you conveniently ignore the millions of man hours spent acquiring and defending a region then all of it's perks can be reduced to free handouts to complain about.
Shiti Dama
Hull Zero Two
#182 - 2014-02-20 23:53:40 UTC
Kisey wrote:
Mario Putzo wrote:

Regional conquest is irrelevant to the way the moon mining works. Just because CFC owns a region doesn't mean if N3 takes it that Moon mining becomes any more interactive. Put up new pos, log in, click button, log out, make isk.

Yeah if you conveniently ignore the millions of man hours spent acquiring and defending a region then all of it's perks can be reduced to free handouts to complain about.

You realize you can drop a tower regardless of who has sov and you can turn a profit within a week? And if you do this on multiple moons in multiple systems, there are plenty of systems that are in "enemy" territory and don't get as much attention, most of the time the sov holders are too busy fighting in more important strategic places.

Gyromite
AWE Corporation
Intrepid Crossing
#183 - 2014-02-21 00:21:08 UTC
I've never had a problem getting isk to magically flow into my wallet, then again I've never had a problem performing sexual favors for isk outside of game either.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#184 - 2014-02-21 00:44:52 UTC
Shiti Dama wrote:
Kisey wrote:
Mario Putzo wrote:

You realize you can drop a tower regardless of who has sov and you can turn a profit within a week? And if you do this on multiple moons in multiple systems, there are plenty of systems that are in "enemy" territory and don't get as much attention, most of the time the sov holders are too busy fighting in more important strategic places.

Because no one is going to notice a corp-wide notification that some random has just plonked a tower on that R64 or R32 that you've been ignoring since you took that space.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Mario Putzo
#185 - 2014-02-21 01:45:36 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Shiti Dama wrote:
Kisey wrote:
Mario Putzo wrote:

Because no one is going to notice a corp-wide notification that some random has just plonked a tower on that R64 or R32 that you've been ignoring since you took that space.

How is CO2 doing with R64's?
Thomas Harding
Doomheim
#186 - 2014-02-21 02:52:54 UTC
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#187 - 2014-02-21 03:00:51 UTC
Mario Putzo wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Shiti Dama wrote:
Kisey wrote:
Mario Putzo wrote:

Who cares?

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Mario Putzo
#188 - 2014-02-21 03:28:59 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:

Who cares?

Well last I checked they hold space but not the moons. So holding space is kind of irrelevant to how moons work isn't it?

Moving goal posts is a bad habit to get into son.
terzho
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#189 - 2014-02-21 03:46:29 UTC
Ban goons
Harrison Tato
Yamato Holdings
#190 - 2014-02-21 03:57:25 UTC
terzho wrote:
Ban goons

That's change I can believe in!
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#191 - 2014-02-21 04:49:44 UTC
Mario Putzo wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:

Who cares?

Well last I checked they hold space but not the moons. So holding space is kind of irrelevant to how moons work isn't it?

Moving goal posts is a bad habit to get into son.

What goal posts have been moved here? Literally no one (except you) cares about what co2 does.

Chopper Rollins
hahahlolspycorp
#192 - 2014-02-21 05:19:14 UTC
Knights Armament wrote:

1) one word replies don't make you intelligent, it makes you pseudo intellectual like steve jobs.

2) If you want legitimacy you have to post sources.

1) Bollocks

2) Yeah nobody has ever said anything true without having citations to back it up, laze n gennumen, i give you the internetual, a vexing critter who thanks to wikipedia knows enough about everything to be right about anything but not enough of much to know jack.

Skipping your threads forever, 07.

Goggles. Making me look good. Making you look good.

Anthar Thebess
#193 - 2014-02-21 07:50:49 UTC
Eve is a game - you pay for having fun.
I prefer to have some passive income and then have some fun rather than have to rat/mission all the time.

The only passive income that needs to be removed is moon mining / sov renting.

But this is something that CCP will never address.
Remember that passive income is :
- planetary goods
- production
- moon mining
- poco tax
- invention
- R&D
- trading
etc.

In all of those activities isk flow to you without any time consuming action.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#194 - 2014-02-21 10:46:34 UTC
Anthar Thebess wrote:
Why?
Skinta
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#195 - 2014-02-21 11:00:31 UTC
Knights Armament wrote:
I don't have a thing for grannies, my wife is a beautiful former abercrombie model and professional gamer.

What the actual hell?
Slave A00073078
Northern Raven Reconnaissance Syndicate
#196 - 2014-02-21 11:48:27 UTC
Anthar Thebess wrote:
Eve is a game - you pay for having fun.
I prefer to have some passive income and then have some fun rather than have to rat/mission all the time.

I'll repeat the why on this one. Sov costs money to hold, money to take. No different then any other land in real life. To rent it should also cost money. You want it without renting it then take it yourself.
Freedom Munition
Perkone
Caldari State
#197 - 2014-02-21 12:04:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Freedom Munition
Goons are acting as the government, taxing everyone who wants to hold space, you can rent space, claim it as yours, but if you don't pay the taxes you don't own it. Its a clever gameplay mechanic no doubt, but EvE is suppose to be a game about war, having one super alliance that act as the Police kind of kills the game.

I remember when I played Shadowbane, my friends allied with a group called House of the Frog, we worked for a few weeks building our city, eventually the entire server allied each other, and House of the frog was the only alliance who was independent from the NAP aftermath had created, the entire server seiged our capitol city. After we lost the battle, everyone quit the game.

The server ended up becoming inactive and eventually dying because of the huge alliance of carebears that wouldn't fight each other.
Kisey
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#198 - 2014-02-21 12:22:04 UTC
Mario Putzo wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Shiti Dama wrote:
Kisey wrote:
Mario Putzo wrote:

You mean it's not risk free passive income and when you're hard pressed you can lose moons left and right? Kind of my point bro.
Kitty Bear
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#199 - 2014-02-21 12:32:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Kitty Bear
Knights Armament wrote:
Mara Denais wrote:
PI does not generate isk. It just moves it around through the playerbase.
If anything, PI is an isk-sink.

Bounties on npc's generate new isk.

I'd love to hear your opinions on how passively obtaining resources that can be sold to players for profit isn't isk generation, the thing that bounties give players is an incentive to actually play the game, while moon mining and PI just gives lazy people a way to stop playing while keeping an account active with plex.

I agree however that bounties provide the game with a large amount of inflation, mostly through farmers who can bot endlessly in the safety of a massive alliance, LOCAL needs to be removed from nullsec to prevent botters from being alerted to ganks.

PI and Mining (Gas, Moon & Asteroid) do not generate ISK

If I mine Scordite Asteroids 7 hours a day for 7 days at maximum m3 rates
how much ISK have I accumulated over those 7 days ?
None is the only correct answer

What I will have are assets with an ISK value
There are no NPC's that will purchase my Scordite
So the value is determined by the maximum amount of ISK other players are prepared to pay per unit
This is ISK Transferal

ISK Transfer has costs, which are the various Taxes you see on market orders.
Those Taxes remove ISK from the game

This is why mining is an ISK sink.

This was an Eve Economy 101 educational broadcast
Freedom Munition
Perkone
Caldari State
#200 - 2014-02-21 12:36:32 UTC
Kitty Bear wrote:
Knights Armament wrote:
Mara Denais wrote:
PI does not generate isk. It just moves it around through the playerbase.
If anything, PI is an isk-sink.

Bounties on npc's generate new isk.

I'd love to hear your opinions on how passively obtaining resources that can be sold to players for profit isn't isk generation, the thing that bounties give players is an incentive to actually play the game, while moon mining and PI just gives lazy people a way to stop playing while keeping an account active with plex.

I agree however that bounties provide the game with a large amount of inflation, mostly through farmers who can bot endlessly in the safety of a massive alliance, LOCAL needs to be removed from nullsec to prevent botters from being alerted to ganks.

PI and Mining (Gas, Moon & Asteroid) do not generate ISK

If I mine Scordite Asteroids 7 hours a day for 7 days at maximum m3 rates
how much ISK have I accumulated over those 7 days ?
None is the only correct answer

What I will have are assets with an ISK value
There are no NPC's that will purchase my Scordite
That value is determined by the maximum amount of ISK other players are prepared to pay per unit

ISK Transfer has costs, which are the various Taxes you see on market orders.
Those Taxes remove ISK from the game

This is why mining is an ISK sink.

This was an Eve Economy 101 educational broadcast

Yeah without isk from bounties or mission runners no one could purchase your assets, except with barter so PI is still creating objects that have value, ISK is just the most commonly used item to trade in, due to its common acceptance as a currency, in reality however resources are currency, and money is suppose to be backed by resources. In the case of the Dollar, its backed by debt, debt owed by slaves called Americans. Slaves are the new commodity backing currencies.