These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

New Patch about corp members

Author
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2014-02-18 20:10:04 UTC
The cap on bookmarks is actually quite easy to bypass.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Natassia Krasnoo
R3D SHIFT
#22 - 2014-02-18 20:29:50 UTC
Em arr Roids wrote:
Let us all forget these silly updates regarding increasing the size of corps. No, let us look to the future when Goonswarm are officially declared a Faction alongside Caldari and the rest. When any idiot can join and bear it up null sec with the 30k other bears currently out there.

I foresee a great slaughter of innocents in the future. When the blue donut is complete and all available space has been rented. There shall come a great standings reset and all renters shall be dropped upon and slaughtered like the slaughterhouse at a Jimmy Dean produce factory farm. The carnage will be relentless and historical, and there will be weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth. The result of which be be new coalitions forming and nullsec going back to war. The new cap could be a good thing for large corps when trying to evac and escape the slaughter.
Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#23 - 2014-02-19 01:31:50 UTC
Ammzi wrote:
Ptraci wrote:
Mario Putzo wrote:
Yes we need more bookmarks. This number should be uncapped to be quite honest with you.

I think this was part of the stuff they planned to do with microtransactions at one point - want more BM's? It will cost you a few PLEX/Aurum... etc.

Haha, I doubt CCP has the balls to even mention this in any official manner anywhere.

I'm serious. I do remember reading about them wanting to do microtransactions to let you have more ship fitting slots for saving, for example, and bookmarks were also mentioned. Hilmar went through a real greedy phase before he saw that his customers had other ideas.
Mario Putzo
#24 - 2014-02-19 01:53:52 UTC
Batelle wrote:
Mario Putzo wrote:
Yes we need more bookmarks. This number should be uncapped to be quite honest with you.

i think there's plenty of reasons for there to be at least some cap.

But you couldn't even name one. There is no reason to have a cap on corp bookmarks. Especially considering you can just take all the corp bookmarks and put them into your unlimited personal bookmarks and then make more corp book marks.

No reason for a cap when you can just bypass the current cap anyway...just another useless limitation.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2014-02-19 22:02:27 UTC
Actually it's easier than that. Just drag and drop bookmarks into the corp bookmarks folder.

Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#26 - 2014-02-19 22:25:21 UTC
I am in favor of more corp bookmarks. More Bookmarks to change to the sun or other locations by people on safari, more tears.

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#27 - 2014-02-19 22:50:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Nevyn Auscent
Mario Putzo wrote:

But you couldn't even name one. There is no reason to have a cap on corp bookmarks. Especially considering you can just take all the corp bookmarks and put them into your unlimited personal bookmarks and then make more corp book marks.

No reason for a cap when you can just bypass the current cap anyway...just another useless limitation.

Database management. If each corp is allocated a specific amount of space database management is easier than scaling portions. And it doesn't take as long to search the database by keeping it limited.
When you consider how many corps exist in EVE, 250 per corp is a heck of a lot of book marks.

Of course, that doesn't mean that the limit shouldn't change, just that there is one sensible reason related to performance to limit them.

Edit: Second reason. Choices matter. By having a limit you can't just spam 50,000 bookmarks as instant undocks off every station and safes in every system. You have to pick & choose which systems you have such things in, which creates a value system. A truly unlimited cap removes the value requirement from the bookmarks. Again though, not a reason to keep the current limit, but a reason to keep some limit at least.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#28 - 2014-02-19 22:57:50 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Database management. If each corp is allocated a specific amount of space database management is easier than scaling portions. And it doesn't take as long to search the database by keeping it limited.
When you consider how many corps exist in EVE, 250 per corp is a heck of a lot of book marks.

Except there are many times more players than corps, and the cap for player bookmarks is many times larger.

Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2014-02-20 03:24:02 UTC
250 definitely isn't enough. I can't imagine how people not have hundreds of bookmarks to not want more!

The whole bookmarking system is broken. If there's any hope, they'll address that when we get potential access to new space!

We are *still* copying physical bookmarks in containers or conctracts to share them globally!

bingo, his pig not being a goat doesn't make the pig wrong, just him an idiot for shouting at his pig "WHY ARENT YOU A GOAT!" (Source)

-- Ralph King-Griffin, about deranged people playing EVE ONLINE

Dace Onio
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2014-02-20 03:31:14 UTC
If anything id a nerfed corp size tbh
Adoris Nolen
Sama Guild
#31 - 2014-02-20 05:02:17 UTC
Natassia Krasnoo wrote:

I foresee a great slaughter of innocents in the future. When the blue donut is complete and all available space has been rented. There shall come a great standings reset and all renters shall be dropped upon and slaughtered like the slaughterhouse at a Jimmy Dean produce factory farm. The carnage will be relentless and historical, and there will be weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth. The result of which be be new coalitions forming and nullsec going back to war. The new cap could be a good thing for large corps when trying to evac and escape the slaughter.

This will be intereting to watch. Once available real estate is all gone, rents either go way up to create more real estate or yeah, TDI everywhere all the time, 24/7
Obunagawe
#32 - 2014-02-20 14:23:50 UTC
Natassia Krasnoo wrote:
Em arr Roids wrote:
Let us all forget these silly updates regarding increasing the size of corps. No, let us look to the future when Goonswarm are officially declared a Faction alongside Caldari and the rest. When any idiot can join and bear it up null sec with the 30k other bears currently out there.

This is what would happen if the whole thing wasn't about RMT.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#33 - 2014-02-20 14:28:01 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

Except there are many times more players than corps, and the cap for player bookmarks is many times larger.

On the other hand, player BMs aren't entirely stored on the server, iirc? Or maybe they changed that at point and I never noticed…
Notorious Fellon
#34 - 2014-02-20 14:34:37 UTC
Obunagawe wrote:
Natassia Krasnoo wrote:
Em arr Roids wrote:

This is what would happen if the whole thing wasn't about RMT.

If that were the case, don't you think one of the many thousands of blue pilots would have become disgruntled enough to have put forth *real evidence* to CCP in a petition to have it shut down?

Although there may be a few RMT turds in the punch bowl, I doubt it is a master scheme with all the blues orchestrating virtual world domination all for real cash.

Crime, it is not a "career", it is a lifestyle.

Destination SkillQueue
Doomheim
#35 - 2014-02-20 19:50:06 UTC
One time bump to fix forum.
Previous page12