These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

transfert skillpoint

Author
Grumpy Owly
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2011-11-27 16:23:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Grumpy Owly
Grumpy Owly
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#22 - 2011-11-27 16:24:14 UTC
Grumpy Owly wrote:
(Methinks this will be a waste of effort somehow)

Aesiron wrote:
Dude, I don't want some ****ed up equation about mathematics. When I said the imaginary -1 I mean that it isn't an official forum feature like the +1, how hard is it to work out?

And from your next paragraph I can assume you were making it up to back up your stupid point?

Yep, waste of time.
Aesiron
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#23 - 2011-11-27 16:47:43 UTC
Grumpy Owly wrote:
Grumpy Owly wrote:

Aesiron wrote:
Dude, I don't want some ****ed up equation about mathematics. When I said the imaginary -1 I mean that it isn't an official forum feature like the +1, how hard is it to work out?

And from your next paragraph I can assume you were making it up to back up your stupid point?

Yep, waste of time.

So was that post really necessary?
Obsidiana
Atrament Inc.
#24 - 2011-11-27 18:47:10 UTC
Agreed. Waste of time. As far as I'm concerned, I got called a troll by a troll.

Btw, -1/+1 convention predates the "Like" button.

Anyway, back on topic:

Keeley HaZZeLL wrote:
but it same thing if you buy a pg and use them.

There actually is a huge difference. It opens a door to rampant abuse. You could get four accounts, train 4 characters, and in three months you could have a character that was worth a year of training. That is not how Eve works.

Furthermore, think about how many times you can buy a character. Realistically, you can only do it twice. After that, you have to delete someone. Sure you can get better characters later, and a better total effective SP, but there is a limit. What you are purposing takes away that limit. Don't forget about skill over lap; that reduces ability while increasing total account SP.

The moment you can gain SP by some other means than time, you have broken the game.
Transferring SP is buying SP.

Aesiron
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2011-11-27 21:17:59 UTC
Obsidiana wrote:
Agreed. Waste of time. As far as I'm concerned, I got called a troll by a troll.

Btw, -1/+1 convention predates the "Like" button.

Anyway, back on topic:

Keeley HaZZeLL wrote:
but it same thing if you buy a pg and use them.

There actually is a huge difference. It opens a door to rampant abuse. You could get four accounts, train 4 characters, and in three months you could have a character that was worth a year of training. That is not how Eve works.

Furthermore, think about how many times you can buy a character. Realistically, you can only do it twice. After that, you have to delete someone. Sure you can get better characters later, and a better total effective SP, but there is a limit. What you are purposing takes away that limit. Don't forget about skill over lap; that reduces ability while increasing total account SP.

The moment you can gain SP by some other means than time, you have broken the game.
Transferring SP is buying SP.

So my opinions about the whole imaginary -1 thing being bad are just troll thoughts?

Some time in the future you should brighten up to people's opinions especially in real life.
Velicitia
XS Tech
#26 - 2011-11-27 21:27:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Velicitia
Aesiron wrote:

Yeah his idea kind of sucks, but why the imaginary -1?

+1 / -1 has been around and used extensively in the Assembly Hall and F&I since forever, pretty much...

Not really sure what makes that any more or less acceptable than a +1 post...

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Aesiron
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#27 - 2011-11-27 21:37:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Aesiron
Velicitia wrote:
Aesiron wrote:

+1 / -1 has been around and used extensively in the Assembly Hall and F&I since forever, pretty much...

Because there is really no reason to do it, a detailed post says 100 times more than a -1 which doesn't even function, and why would anyone actually write it: to show their hatred.
Obsidiana
Atrament Inc.
#28 - 2011-11-27 21:55:06 UTC
Aesiron wrote:
So my opinions about the whole imaginary -1 thing being bad are just troll thoughts?

Some time in the future you should brighten up to people's opinions especially in real life.
Dude... you called me a troll for using a convesion. Everyone else sees that. I even wrote a thought out post. They serve as an at-a-glance summary; I think they are a good idea. This is completely off topic.

Velicitia wrote:

Appreciated. I forgot about Assembly Hall.
ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#29 - 2011-11-27 21:58:43 UTC
Aesiron wrote:
Velicitia wrote:
Aesiron wrote:

Because there is really no reason to do it, a detailed post says 100 times more than a -1 which doesn't even function, and why would anyone actually write it: to show their hatred.

Nah... we're just too lazy to post a detailed response and/or feel that the idea is so bad that the flaws are self-evident and don't need to be pointed out. Hence, putting "-1" is just easier and makes our opinion known.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#30 - 2011-11-28 00:27:29 UTC
As always, a horrid idea that breaks the game in pretty much every way imaginable.

-1, per convention.
Nariya Kentaya
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#31 - 2011-11-28 00:51:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Nariya Kentaya
Aesiron wrote:
Grumpy Owly wrote:
Aesiron wrote:
I don't want some ****** up equation, just tell me why the imaginary -1 makes sense.

And also link me where I accused someone of trolling.

Have explained why it makes sense. And as a result why calling it "imaginery" is your poor definition of things. Either from a mathematical point of view or from a sensibilities point of view. It's very "real" to me, and I have no problem interpreting its meaning. Something your incapable of doing even after explanation.

also Cloak fuel thread:

Aesiron wrote:
ShahFluffers wrote:
Oh... this thread again.

Not Supported.

How about you post something decent for once instead of trolling?

Interestingly only yesterday morning, what an accomplished memory.

You accuse someone of not posting "decently", yet hypocritically doing exactly the same in this thread, offering no substance to the topic, just trolling someones responce, irrespsective of the fact thats how they might want to respond. Who made you forum protocol monitor all of a sudden? And seriously the number "-1" is so offensive, get real.

and until it IS made a real forum feature, people will -1 you because your propsal is the poopies.

also, the second you pay2SP, is the second you make EvE just as abd as eevry other "free" to play game out there, as being the rich kid on the block essentially opens you up to getting whatever you want immeidately instead of being a patient, well-balanced, sane individual.

come oen, i thought there woudl eb more goons amking fun of this guy? Wheres the goons and TESTs? the Delve Police should arrest this guy.

but seriosuly, in all honesty, this ssytem is not and should not EVER be the way EvE works. (and i KNOW its EVE, but i like typing EvE better.)
Emperor Salazar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#32 - 2011-11-28 02:15:22 UTC
Aesiron wrote:
Obsidiana wrote:

Buying SP, in any form, is against the principles of Eve.

I understand the frustration of having to wait so long to put so many skills to 5. It’s tough to have to wait to fly the ships you want. We've all been there. Eventually you get to the point where it isn’t as big of a deal.

What you can do it buy some PLEX, sell it for some +5 implants, and get a jump clone to keep them in. Remap as needed. That is the closest you can get to buying SP in Eve.

Yeah his idea kind of sucks, but why the imaginary -1? It is really dumb and just shows that you are trolling.

-2 for commenting on the -1
Emperor Salazar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#33 - 2011-11-28 02:17:34 UTC
Aesiron wrote:
Velicitia wrote:
Aesiron wrote:

-100, ur kinda a butthurt bundle of sticks aren't ya?
Mag's
Azn Empire
#34 - 2011-11-28 09:51:32 UTC
-1 to this idea.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Previous page12