These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Low SP Omen fit

Author
Dana Drago
Doomheim
#1 - 2014-02-10 10:09:34 UTC
So my buddy refered me here to ask for help outfitting a low sp omen for level 1-2 missions (he isn't amarr and hasn't used the ships/weapons before), we will be running missions for caldari navy and when he is on I'll tag along in his level 4's following him after he begins to tank. Any advice/pointers on ship fittings? should I wait and go for a BC or would I take a chance of not being able to use it in some missions due to size limits?
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#2 - 2014-02-10 11:12:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Riot Girl
An Omen might be a bit impractical for level 1-2 missions, especially if he's supporting you. How long have you been playing?(sorry for first post, I thought it was for your friend).
Kairavi Mrithyakara
#3 - 2014-02-10 11:20:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Kairavi Mrithyakara
Omen will have a hard time negotiating the incoming DPS on any L4 mission, and you'll almost certainly take fire from insta-aggro enemies.

Are you determined to stick with Amarr? If so, the only T1 cruiser that might sort of work would be a T2 tank-fit Maller. It can certainly take a few hits, though it won't do much damage.

If you're okay with using other factions, train for the Drake. It'll be able to tank L4s, making tagging along easier while you work on whatever Battleship skills you want. You'll want T2 shield tanking capabilities for this, though.

In the mean time, here's a fit that'll breeze through L2 missions;

[Omen, L2 Basic]
Emergency Damage Control I
Prototype Armor Kinetic Hardener I
Prototype Armor Thermic Hardener I
Extruded Heat Sink I
Extruded Heat Sink I
Medium 'Accommodation' Vestment Reconstructer I

Experimental 10MN Afterburner I
Optical Tracking Computer I, Optimal Range Script
Optical Tracking Computer I, Tracking Speed Script

Heavy Modulated Pulse Energy Beam I, Imperial Navy Multifrequency M

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Warrior I x3
Hobgoblin I x5
Jacob Holland
Weyland-Vulcan Industries
#4 - 2014-02-10 13:34:43 UTC
The agro system as it currently stands, is not favourable to cruisers backing up BS in L4 missions. The problem is that you will be the preferred target for everything except the rat BS (Some factions have enough sig that their BCs will focus on the BS IIRC but most will prefer you).
In some missions this will mean that you're actually taking the majority of the agro - not a position I would suggest you would enjoy.
You're probably better off, for most missions, in a Coercer - you'll still take Frig agro but killing frigs is what a Coercer is good at, and most of the cruiser agro IIRC but your agility and therefore your GTFO ability will be significantly higher.
Mynutor
Myn Industries
#5 - 2014-02-11 00:26:46 UTC
If you are just running behind him in Lvl4s it would be better to use a Maller, since thats a little bit tankier.

Objective sighted. Target locked. Lasers activated. Pew-pew-pew. Die roid..., DIE!

Warlord Cybrid
No Fuhks Given
#6 - 2014-02-19 17:15:48 UTC
Sometimes i question half the feedback people give on these forums and it really makes me wonder if people even play this game or just sit in EFT all day.

If you want hit me up in game on this character and i can give u a low SP omen and even a damn frigate that can tag along in lvl4's. (currently at work so i wont be on for a while give or take another 5-6hours). It would also be nice to know what your friend flies.

Honestly you can even fly a cardboard box to a lvl4 and it wouldn't be a problem. (it just means your friend has to be able to solo them in the first place.)

Just pick a frig or cruiser you want to take to a lvl4 and ill give you a hand at making it happen. Whenever my corp does lvl4's i usually jump into a t1 frigate/cruiser to kill the usual boredom associated with lvl4's and have a bit of a challenge.
Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#7 - 2014-02-19 17:34:02 UTC
Above poster has a point. If you have some buffer, an afterburner, and some situational awareness, avoiding death shouldn't be too hard.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Warlord Cybrid
No Fuhks Given
#8 - 2014-02-19 19:39:55 UTC
[Omen, 0skillfit]

Medium 'Accommodation' Vestment Reconstructer I
Prototype Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane I
Prototype Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane I
F85 Peripheral Damage System I
Nanofiber Internal Structure I
Nanofiber Internal Structure I

10MN Afterburner I
F-b10 Nominal Capacitor Regenerator
F-b10 Nominal Capacitor Regenerator

Focused Anode Pulse Particle Stream I, Standard M

(I did not check for meta 4 items since im lazy and honestly this is just to give you a general direction. But the fit does work with all the modules listed. If you wanted to be a min-max-neckbeard then i guess you could meta4-it-the-hell-out but since your friend is "carrying" you and im sure the goal is to make you money then make it as cheap as you can and save money for important things like skillbooks etc..)

So on to details/execution:

Lasts 2mins with 0 skills. (terrible but considering you need skills to fit it im sure thats not the case.)
Should be perma with atleast half decent skills. (cap skills that is.)

With the focus pulses and range ammo(standard/radio) you get 16km-19km with 0 skills which is more than enough to kill frigates while you boost away from them. Once the frigates are dead you can move in closer and swap to higher damage ammo. Just always be aware of frigates since one web will ruin your day. Your real survival comes from the AB and moving quickly enough to mitigate 80% of the incoming damage. (stay atleast 15km from ALL frigates while you take shots at them. DO NOT ORBIT fly in a line it will help getting better hits on them.)

SPEED SPEED SPEED IS EVERYTHING FOR YOU! USE IT. Always move. NEVER STOP. This fit goes 555 with 0 skills so with basic navigation skills you should outrun the frigate since all but the spider drones move at 500ms-ish. Spider drones will be the only thing that will F*CK your day since they go stupidly fast. (have you friend focus them with drones and just stay away as best you can. -missions with spider drones will be your only trouble)
THIS FIT IS DESIGNED TO KEEP THE AB ON. KEEP IT ON.

Learn WHEN to spiral and WHEN to boost away. (This tip is huge.) (indeed she said it) Boosting away will help you bake frigates as they chase you. Spiraling will help mitigate turret damage while you come under a battleship's guns. IF you get good at spiraling you can even cut all the damage most NPC's do. Also work on knowing how AI work and how stupid they are. The AI moves straight at you and you can boost away lowering their ability to evade your attacks and you will BBQ them. (you can search on youtube im sure spiraling videos are out there.)

This setup can run the repper, AB, and DCU, full time with next to no skills, if you get focussed by the whole pack of NPC's just stop shooting and focus on piloting / getting range / and in a bit they will swap back to your friend. (They swap aggro as soon you pull some hefty range and almost NEVER aggro permanently.)

Lately the NPC's seem to focus whoever is closer or applying the most damage. (Aggro is kinda of wonky now but whatever.) ---Again, range and speed are your friend. Don't sit there and be one of these players that orbits all day every day and wonders why they got blown up. Manual piloting can save lives. (double click empty space and get used too it.)

This setup CANT run the repper,AB, and guns, with 0 skills so its one or the other. This means you have 2 modes:

Run like a B*TCH:
AB/DCU/REPPER ON (moving away from frigs or spiraling a BS. Frigs before BS or ull be toast.)

NO AGGRO DERPFACEMODE:
REPPER OFF / GUNS BLAZING(carry multiple crystals to swap ranges) / AB ON / DCU ALWAYS ON.

This will eventually change as you work with ur cap skills and you will be able to run all guns and tank. (-hell even fit a crazier fit as well, this is really a naked fit but gets the job done since you did say u had little SP i made it that way. But it will VASTLY improve as you skill up.)

If you want i could meet with you guys and give you some hands on tips on pulling it off correctly.

Just please don't listen to fools that will tell you that you need a serious tank on a cruiser to participate in a lvl4. These would also be the same people who tell you the best way to clear an incursion is a titan.

Another thing you should look into as far as "the long run" is:
t1 logi, in about a weeks worth of training you could fly a cap stable t1 logi.
This would be a HUGE help to your friend because he can run a paper thin tank go all DPS and melt the missions at a stupid rate. (or he could do what i do, and have a t1 logi tank me while i do lvl4's in a talos or some other stupidly random ship that should not be doing lvl4's lol). The combos you could pull off with a t1 logi on 4's is just laughable all for the price of a few million. (Amazing combat value and bang for buck.) The only issue you will ever run into flying logi is falling asleep. But it will later open the door for you to easily get into incursions once your skills begin to play a bigger role. Everyone wants a good logi. -DPS is replacable or will take the back seat to a good logi. (same rules of any mmo. apply in this aspect.)

Anyhoo time for me to go to lunch. Hope it helps. I think i covered most of everything mission related and killed some of my free time at work. lol!

GL man and just have fun.
Dont let the neckbeards ruin your day.

Hrett
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2014-02-19 19:43:06 UTC
Jacob Holland wrote:
The agro system as it currently stands, is not favourable to cruisers backing up BS in L4 missions. The problem is that you will be the preferred target for everything except the rat BS (Some factions have enough sig that their BCs will focus on the BS IIRC but most will prefer you).
In some missions this will mean that you're actually taking the majority of the agro - not a position I would suggest you would enjoy.
You're probably better off, for most missions, in a Coercer - you'll still take Frig agro but killing frigs is what a Coercer is good at, and most of the cruiser agro IIRC but your agility and therefore your GTFO ability will be significantly higher.

Can someone explain the pve aggro system to me? I havent done pve in years, but a friend called for DPS help last night in some deep null anomaly. I went in a stabber, warped in and was immediately primaried by the entire room. They swapped back to him once for a short amount of time and then back to me until the end. I survived after some warpouts and approaching the BS blob, but it was close. So how does aggro work on these things now? I couldnt see a pattern in my short time there.

Also - it seems I got an escalation for some reason. Colony or Fire or someshit. It says I have 24 hours. Can I extend that? I dont really care about it, but he seems keen to run it and I want to help him if I can.

spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!

Arsine Mayhem
Doomheim
#10 - 2014-02-19 23:07:43 UTC
Destination SkillQueue
Doomheim
#11 - 2014-02-20 22:15:30 UTC
One time bump to fix forum.