These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Expensive Justice

Author
iPod Blues
Move along there is nothing here
#1 - 2014-02-18 04:16:41 UTC
Killrights, got to love them.

Someone (to preserve their anonymity, I shall call them X) tried to gank me recently and failed to destroy my ship. (X may or may not have had my permission, we shall not discuss such details here).

CONCORD send me a mail saying 'I have a killright on X'. Now I had no intention of killing X myself, but figured - why not let someone else do the job for me? I'll make the killright public, and charge a service fee for using it.

Imagine my surprise when my wallet has an extra billion ISK in it today and I get a notification saying that the killright has been executed. Not only is justice served, but I get a free Vindicator as compensation for the nuisance of being attacked in highsec.
Sabriz Adoudel
#2 - 2014-02-18 04:19:33 UTC
Now let THAT be a lesson to "X".

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Kaea Astridsson
Hoplite Brigade
Ushra'Khan
#3 - 2014-02-18 11:36:19 UTC
Who in their right mind would pay 1bil for a kill right!? Only see this as viable if target jumps out in 3bil+ freighter.

Get on Comms, or die typing.

Sabriz Adoudel
#4 - 2014-02-18 11:41:56 UTC
Kaea Astridsson wrote:
Who in their right mind would pay 1bil for a kill right!? Only see this as viable if target jumps out in 3bil+ freighter.

Have you noticed how quickly you need to make killright decisions?

People are more prone to mistakes in those situations.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Silvetica Dian
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2014-02-18 11:42:40 UTC
Kaea Astridsson wrote:

Mistakes were made.
I have in the past sold killrights on -10 chars successfully. (RIP my poor poor burst caught in a gate camp).
Some people have overviews to spot killrights and activate them asap without really paying enough attention.
Others (like the OP) use alts in noob ships to create killrights , open them up for stupid isk and then fly through high sec camps hoping for an itchy trigger finger and a fat wallet.

Money at its root is a form of rationing. When the richest 85 people have as much wealth as the poorest 3.5 billion (50% of humanity) it is clear where the source of poverty is. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jan/20/trickle-down-economics-broken-promise-richest-85

Kaea Astridsson
Hoplite Brigade
Ushra'Khan
#6 - 2014-02-18 12:02:29 UTC
Obviously I typed before I got my brained powered up. Yes, I could very well see someone falling for that. OP gz on the Vindi Blink

Get on Comms, or die typing.

Yi-Ming Gren
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2014-02-19 02:40:16 UTC
OP now you know how the system works, make a alt, get into a noob ship, shot your main. Sell the kill rights for large volumes of ISK to people who can not read in Gate camps. (just remember to get a permit first).

Go forth and take isk form the bears.
Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Doomheim
#8 - 2014-02-19 16:03:20 UTC
Yi-Ming Gren wrote:
OP now you know how the system works, make a alt, get into a noob ship, shot your main. Sell the kill rights for large volumes of ISK to people who can not read in Gate camps. (just remember to get a permit first).

Go forth and take isk form the bears.

Surely no-one would...um...fall for this

Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#9 - 2014-02-19 16:48:09 UTC
I did this a few times myself. I would use an alt to shoot me to get a killright, set the killright public for 500m or such, then fly around Nourv. in an attractive faction frigate like a daredevil (empty), running my mouth in local and bumping merc pilots that were gatecamping. I made around a billion doing this before people stopped biting.

Another tactic is to use a blockade runner and autopilot around with the same killright. Itchy trigger fingers are all over...

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#10 - 2014-02-21 00:19:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Kaea Astridsson wrote:
Obviously I typed before I got my brained powered up. Yes, I could very well see someone falling for that. OP gz on the Vindi Blink

Next time, if your razor breaks, get another one.

You might be somewhat attractive without that beard, but that beard tattoo is just wrong on a female.