These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
2 Pages12Next page

Rubicon 1.2 patch notes?

First post First post
Author
Arataka Research Consortium
#1 - 2014-02-14 16:09:37 UTC
Hey folks!

So-- CCP's posted a note that Rubicon 1.2 will be in play next Tuesday. Hurrah! But, er-- where're the patch notes, CCP, or a brief summary of what's included? Sad

(will update post when patch notes deployed.)

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

#2 - 2014-02-14 16:19:12 UTC
where did they post that note?

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

#3 - 2014-02-14 16:29:06 UTC
Batelle wrote:
where did they post that note?
Dare I ask... where did they note that post????

bingo, his pig not being a goat doesn't make the pig wrong, just him an idiot for shouting at his pig "WHY ARENT YOU A GOAT!" (Source)

-- Ralph King-Griffin, about deranged people playing EVE ONLINE

#4 - 2014-02-14 16:39:54 UTC
#5 - 2014-02-14 17:31:04 UTC
February 18th update is for big back-end changes and will be almost invisible to players. Too risky to put other changes with it

Source : Tweet from CCP Fozzie.
#6 - 2014-02-14 17:33:13 UTC
are you [op] expecting 'new things' to arrive with 1.2?

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

Gallente Federation
#7 - 2014-02-14 17:43:47 UTC
*prays*
Solhild
#8 - 2014-02-14 18:35:53 UTC
Interesting - either all invisible stuff or something that has a high risk of crushing the economy? Will be interested to see what I log into on Tuesday evening.
Felicity Love
#9 - 2014-02-14 20:47:17 UTC
Hopefully that means more finessing of this "TiDi" stuff... Roll

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

#10 - 2014-02-14 22:24:58 UTC
Yeah! More free skill points!

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Amarr Empire
#11 - 2014-02-15 04:00:13 UTC
Calichta Mei wrote:
February 18th update is for big back-end changes and will be almost invisible to players. Too risky to put other changes with it

Then why is it a point release?

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

#12 - 2014-02-15 05:40:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Natassia Krasnoo
Calichta Mei wrote:

WAIT!! WHAT!? I have a couple of characters with big back ends. I don't want them changed!! This better not be a back end nerf!!! CCP Fozzie you better not touch my back ends!!!

Edit: seriously though, I hope there's no chance of another boot.ini incident or something similar.
#13 - 2014-02-15 17:11:16 UTC
Removed an off topic post.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Greater D.U.S.K. Coalition
#14 - 2014-02-15 21:41:16 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Calichta Mei wrote:

Then why is it a point release?

Best guess because of the larger down time requirement and it makes the bug and feed back threads easier to find and track for the players.
Sisi has been stable with this new foundation for the last 3 weeks. It will be interesting what CCP missed once the full player base starts playing on it, however.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

The Fourth District
#15 - 2014-02-16 03:32:30 UTC
Spurty wrote:
are you [op] expecting 'new things' to arrive with 1.2?

I am expecting the addition to the Drone Site loot tables.
#16 - 2014-02-17 19:57:19 UTC
Calichta Mei wrote:

Since I obviously missed this thread on what ever page (not the first or second at the time of my duplicate question - apologies btw) can we get some clarification around the "...almost invisible to players." part of the tweet?

"Almost" in the context of patching (anything) complex systems is never a good descriptor to use.

I'm right behind you

C C P Alliance
#17 - 2014-02-17 20:26:29 UTC
The big change to the way we store the universe data should only be noticeable to players in the fact that map loading will have sped up significantly. That change and a fix for one form of Mac blackscreening is all that's in 1.2.

It's a pretty huge change from our perspective, but the benefits will be in making future development and maintenance more effective rather than in immediately visible player-facing changes (except for the specific case of the map, which like I said loads much faster now).

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

#18 - 2014-02-17 20:33:13 UTC
So what I said in the other thread was pretty accurate? P
Greater D.U.S.K. Coalition
#19 - 2014-02-17 20:47:23 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
The big change to the way we store the universe data should only be noticeable to players in the fact that map loading will have sped up significantly. That change and a fix for one form of Mac blackscreening is all that's in 1.2.

It's a pretty huge change from our perspective, but the benefits will be in making future development and maintenance more effective rather than in immediately visible player-facing changes (except for the specific case of the map, which like I said loads much faster now).

What about the skill queue yellow font change?

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Arataka Research Consortium
#20 - 2014-02-17 22:25:23 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:

Thanks for the official word, Fozzie!

Some others had responded with this, and they definitely were on the mark-- but official confirmation helps with the warm and fuzzies. ;)

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

2 Pages12Next page