These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Skill Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New Character: What next

Author
Scanera Nambo
Doomheim
#1 - 2011-11-27 11:15:21 UTC
Hi all, so I am a long time player of Eve Online but have mainly played Gallente characters (with the occasional foray into Caldari) but now I am treying something completely new - Minmatar. I just wondered what the main differences were for Minmatar against Gallente and what people thought my emphasis on skill training should be (if I should do anything different from Gallente at all that is?)

Thanks
Scanera
Darkquest
Phoenix Trade Inc.
#2 - 2011-11-27 13:00:56 UTC
Mimnatar is different since they are versatile aka some of their ships specialize into Shield Tanking /w Large Artillery and others that specialize with Armor Tanking with very fast firing weapons. So you'll have to train in Shield Skills & Armor Tanking Skills to make most of the Minmatar Ships perfect. >.>

It's slightly different but you did dabble in Caldari so you should know what Shield Skills I'm talking about. lol
Scanera Nambo
Doomheim
#3 - 2011-11-27 13:06:40 UTC
Thanks Darkquest, yes I do - I guess that tells me what I need to know. I know that Gallente are predominantly Armour tankers and Amarr and Caldari are Sheild so I guess as you say the Minmatar tend to use the best of both worlds?
Mashie Saldana
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#4 - 2011-11-27 13:57:01 UTC
For Minmatar:

Shield tanking
Armor tanking
Speed tanking
Projectile weapons
Missiles (all but cruise missiles)
Drones

I think you got it wrong in the previous post btw, Amarr are if anything, armor tankers.
Darkquest
Phoenix Trade Inc.
#5 - 2011-11-27 14:16:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Darkquest
@Mashie: Armor Tankers & Laser Boats. XD

Though most of the Minmatar Ships are fast, and if you cross train in a certain ship I forget what the Dramiel or the other one needs for cross training... is it the Daredevil? I think it is....
Scanera Nambo
Doomheim
#6 - 2011-11-27 14:19:09 UTC
Mashie Saldana wrote:
For Minmatar:

I think you got it wrong in the previous post btw, Amarr are if anything, armor tankers.

Shows what I know lol
Darkquest
Phoenix Trade Inc.
#7 - 2011-11-27 14:47:01 UTC
Guess you never flown an Amarr Ship before. =P
Though at least you are getting into the Mimnatar there Scanera. That's hilariously named first name felt like you named yourself that just to Scan. XD
Lord Calus
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2011-11-27 20:44:54 UTC
In fairness, some Amarr boats shield tank very well, some of the tech2 cruisers, or if you are going for some weird ghetto-nano fit.