These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Collector's Edition - enough is enough - I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

First post
Author
Marco Corvino
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#41 - 2014-02-16 14:10:31 UTC
Cato Black wrote:
it is a different product, pre-orders include extras that this 99 euro product do not

Yes you are right, it does not have the preorder bonuses, but we are still talking about the 149 euro product. So the price difference is still not depending on preorder.
Lost Hamster
Hamster Holding Corp
#42 - 2014-02-16 14:18:38 UTC
Thanks for letting me know that there is a discount. Cool
Marco Corvino
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#43 - 2014-02-16 14:19:46 UTC
Lost Hamster wrote:
Thanks for letting me know that there is a discount. Cool

yw Lol
Ziphis
4S Corporation
Goonswarm Federation
#44 - 2014-02-16 14:33:33 UTC
I'll say this I got lime at Christmas because I saw the discount personally I didn't want added extras that people got for pre-ordering I wanted the collectors edition because I like that sort of thing. You make a point to the fact that I think the price is now 99€ as standard I feel the extras you got when you pre-ordered we're good enough and warranted the 149€ price tag as with everything in shops the prices was bound to drop I would say stop whining but everyone else seems to be saying that

He was the sort of person who stood on mountaintops during thunderstorms in wet copper armour shouting 'All the Gods are bastards.'  - T. Pratchett

Agondray
Avenger Mercenaries
Space Brutality
#45 - 2014-02-16 14:50:08 UTC
preorder= you get your product before anyone else just like preorder of a game so you pay more for not being patient

"Sarcasm is the Recourse of a weak mind." -Dr. Smith

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#46 - 2014-02-16 14:53:55 UTC
Ziphis wrote:
I'll say this I got lime at Christmas because I saw the discount personally I didn't want added extras that people got for pre-ordering I wanted the collectors edition because I like that sort of thing. You make a point to the fact that I think the price is now 99€ as standard I feel the extras you got when you pre-ordered we're good enough and warranted the 149€ price tag as with everything in shops the prices was bound to drop I would say stop whining but everyone else seems to be saying that

Except that none of us said it without taking a breath.... punctuation is your friend Blink

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#47 - 2014-02-16 14:56:37 UTC
Kimmi... you're far more aggressive compared to months ago. You got infected by the forums.

And the OP... well... *shrugs*

Commenting on every single stupid thing somebody writes really doesn't help anybody anyway...

bingo, his pig not being a goat doesn't make the pig wrong, just him an idiot for shouting at his pig "WHY ARENT YOU A GOAT!" (Source)

-- Ralph King-Griffin, about deranged people playing EVE ONLINE

Coffin Packer
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#48 - 2014-02-16 14:59:04 UTC
Marco Corvino wrote:
Hey there fellow Eve players,

it was christmas time 2013 when I first saw that my beloved collector's edition was offered for 99 EUROs. I could'nt believe my eyes and was very disappointed that I payed 149 EUROs for my PREORDER.

It sucks, but consider it a lesson learned. When X-Rebirth became available for preorder, I jumped on the wagon just like everyone else. Roll The rage and tears that ensued on the forums would have satisfied even the most hard core griefer for at a week.

It taught me not to order the preorder again.
Guttripper
State War Academy
Caldari State
#49 - 2014-02-16 15:00:15 UTC
Hmmm, I should really get around to opening my preordered box and see what goodies are included inside. And to search the old e-mail inbox to redeem those codes CCP sent when I bought it way back when...

...from what I have seen, those bionic arms appear a bit wimpy. Now if they were bulky Terminator (robotic) arms with all the moving parts...!
Johan Civire
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#50 - 2014-02-16 15:06:14 UTC
Pre-order / Early access / beta-alpha. "Collector edition" and you name it, there is your problem!

Think before you`re going to buy it.
BrundleMeth
State War Academy
Caldari State
#51 - 2014-02-16 15:06:54 UTC  |  Edited by: BrundleMeth
Marco Corvino wrote:
BrundleMeth wrote:
Way back in time in 1980, my buddy purchased a Hyperion 8088 Computer with a built in 4 inch monochrome CGA monitor and 2 floppy drives. He paid $5000.00 bucks in 1980 dollars. 6 months later it was being sold for $1200.00, a $3800.00 dollar difference. His response? Thats how it works, this new technology. Yes, he wasn't happy but he didn't whine and snivel over $3800 bucks like this whiny OP is complaining over $50 euros. I have ZERO sympathy. Shut up...

Touching story but this is called competition. It's interesting that most of you percieve these as same situations.

You're missing the point. $50 is NOTHING to get worked up over. And most posters here think you're dense...

Not to mention, you didn't even consider this as a possibility to happen...
Marco Corvino
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#52 - 2014-02-16 15:22:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Marco Corvino
Okay I see that my "preorder point" might be misunderstood.
I am not complaining about paying 150 for the preorder. I am complaining about a very big discount 2 months after release for one week and then another discount for maybe a week again 2 months from there.

For a preorder I feel that I shoud pay a good price for my product (here 150 bucks). When I buy the released edition, it comes to the same, atleast a fair price.

A chrsitmas sale (2 months after release) for 33% less is very hard I think but can be explained as holiday "event". But now again out of any reason for "a short time" makes me feel "betrayed". I can't help it.

And this is not about 50 bucks or 5.000 bucks, it is about the proportional amount. I payed 50% more. And that makes me think I payed to much for what it is.
Again: No problem if 100 bucks was the standard price now. Still the period of 4 months seems very short for that big drop of price.
BuckStrider
Nano-Tech Experiments
#53 - 2014-02-16 15:26:13 UTC
I'm sorry OP, but I just can't stop laughing.

Given CCP's horrible record of broken promises, in game cheating, shady dealings with 3rd party sites, lack luster "expansions" and outright lying to the community time and again...

You actually thought....

And I'm sorry, but I am laughing....

You actually thought that "THIS TIME" CCP wasn't going to screw me over?

Mine smart. Mine safe. Purchase your mining permit today...... www.minerbumping.com

Aramatheia
Tiffany and Co.
#54 - 2014-02-16 15:26:30 UTC
i have never ever EVER heard of a preorder item being sold at BELOW its intended price.

NEVER

not sure where you get your idea that a pre order is below price to "gauge" anything. It was more expensive back then because, it was utterly exclusive at the time AND it came with items that the standard collectors edition DOES NOT.

You paid more, to get more, before the masses.

Thats what a preorder typically is for
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#55 - 2014-02-16 15:28:08 UTC
Marco Corvino wrote:
I am not satisfied with that.

So you were satisfied when it cost $150 but now that it's $100, you're not? So basically you're crying because you paid more to get something before everyone else, and now everyone else has it, you want a refund on the extra months of enjoyment you had.
Victor Andall
#56 - 2014-02-16 15:37:56 UTC
Man, I can only imagine how pissed off all the WoW kids that paid 60 dollars times three for WoW, Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King must have been when in winter 2012 Blizzard gave all of those to me for free just for having a Battle.net account.

I just undocked for the first time and someone challenged me to a duel. Wat do?

19.08.2014 - Dinsdale gets slammed by CCP Falcon. Never forget.

TigerXtrm
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#57 - 2014-02-16 15:40:52 UTC
Didn't you get some special stuff when you preordered that you won't get now?

OP is clueless as to the purpose of a preorder so it seems.

My YouTube Channel - EVE Tutorials & other game related things!

My Website - Blogs, Livestreams & Forums

Marco Corvino
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#58 - 2014-02-16 15:41:52 UTC
Victor Andall wrote:
Man, I can only imagine how pissed off all the WoW kids that paid 60 dollars times three for WoW, Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King must have been when in winter 2012 Blizzard gave all of those to me for free just for having a Battle.net account.

You didn't get it.
Marco Corvino
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#59 - 2014-02-16 15:46:08 UTC
Marco Corvino wrote:
Okay I see that my "preorder point" might be misunderstood.
I am not complaining about paying 150 for the preorder. I am complaining about a very big discount 2 months after release for one week and then another discount for maybe a week again 2 months from there.

For a preorder I feel that I shoud pay a good price for my product (here 150 bucks). When I buy the released edition, it comes to the same, atleast a fair price.

A chrsitmas sale (2 months after release) for 33% less is very hard I think but can be explained as holiday "event". But now again out of any reason for "a short time" makes me feel "betrayed". I can't help it.

And this is not about 50 bucks or 5.000 bucks, it is about the proportional amount. I payed 50% more. And that makes me think I payed to much for what it is.
Again: No problem if 100 bucks was the standard price now. Still the period of 4 months seems very short for that big drop of price.

I hate to quote myself but this is for TigerXtrm, Riot Girl, and Aramatheia. I also added it to my first post.

I don't want that you get the main reason wrong. I do see now that I didn't make a good job making it clear in my first post.
Icarus Able
Refuse.Resist
#60 - 2014-02-16 15:47:11 UTC
Marco Corvino wrote:
Icarus Able wrote:
Stuff gets cheaper as it gets older. Deal with it.

Again: It's a teaser offer. It is not getting cheaper in general.

Then even more so. They are doing a sale to try and increase numbers sold.

For a game where most people claim it takes intelligence a lot of people act like entitled 5 year olds.