These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

transfert skillpoint

Author
Keeley HaZZeLL
Doomheim
#1 - 2011-11-26 21:28:59 UTC
i think the is a good idea possibility to transfert skill point from a pg that you bought on eve forum.

for example my main is A that have 20m sp, i bought pg B that have 30m sp.
When transfert is complete (around 10h) a message say me if i wanna add B pg on my account or use B skill points, and if i select use B skillpoint, their are will trasfert into A account (20m sp (base) + 30m sp = 50m sp), when sp is transfered B pg is delete.

This is like on sisi if you partecipate on mass test that you have X m sp that you can spend with everyskills.
Obsidiana
Atrament Inc.
#2 - 2011-11-26 21:37:51 UTC

Buying SP, in any form, is against the principles of Eve.

I understand the frustration of having to wait so long to put so many skills to 5. It’s tough to have to wait to fly the ships you want. We've all been there. Eventually you get to the point where it isn’t as big of a deal.

What you can do it buy some PLEX, sell it for some +5 implants, and get a jump clone to keep them in. Remap as needed. That is the closest you can get to buying SP in Eve.
Aesiron
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2011-11-26 21:56:06 UTC
Obsidiana wrote:

I understand the frustration of having to wait so long to put so many skills to 5. It’s tough to have to wait to fly the ships you want. We've all been there. Eventually you get to the point where it isn’t as big of a deal.

What you can do it buy some PLEX, sell it for some +5 implants, and get a jump clone to keep them in. Remap as needed. That is the closest you can get to buying SP in Eve.

Yeah his idea kind of sucks, but why the imaginary -1? It is really dumb and just shows that you are trolling.
Frolicking Fairy
Fweddit
Free Range Chikuns
#4 - 2011-11-26 22:13:11 UTC
if you buy the toon on the forum then buy the toon that is setup the way you want and if you complain that those cost more its cause they are done right and use the sp more efficiently
Velicitia
XS Tech
#5 - 2011-11-27 00:35:23 UTC
-1 the idea is just bad.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Markus Reese
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#6 - 2011-11-27 02:23:57 UTC
-1 bad, because I buy a few characters, and instantly I have all combat skills to 5, with 300m sp

To quote Lfod Shi

The ratting itself is PvE. Getting away with it is PvP.

Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#7 - 2011-11-27 02:28:55 UTC
Thank you, I'll just go buy a bunch of trial alts, PLEX them, give them +5/+5 implants, train random skills with those two attributes for two months, then transfer them to my main who won't ever need to buy implants anymore.

Counterproposal: biomass yourself.
Mephice
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2011-11-27 04:34:47 UTC
It would make it too easy for a player like me to produce several maxed out characters and make it too hard for a new player to compete.
Goose99
#9 - 2011-11-27 04:42:12 UTC
Mephice wrote:
It would make it too easy for a player like me to produce several maxed out characters and make it too hard for a new player to compete.

You only need to max out a small portion (Winmatar, lulz) for 10 mil SP or so to make it "too hard" for a new player to compete. That titan lvl5 you add don't hurt noobies.Cool
Grumpy Owly
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2011-11-27 05:35:54 UTC
Grumpy Owly
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2011-11-27 05:45:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Grumpy Owly
Aesiron wrote:
Obsidiana wrote:

Yeah his idea kind of sucks, but why the imaginary -1? It is really dumb and just shows that you are trolling.

An imaginary number is one whose square is a real number less than zero. e.g. i, where i^2 = -1, so for it to be imaginary it would need to be the square root of -1.

I don't think it's dumb, or trolling, just a simplified way of showing relevant support to a thread, unlike your comment.

And this is also from a person who was accusing someone else of trolling and not adding substance in another thread recently.
Obsidiana
Atrament Inc.
#12 - 2011-11-27 06:42:15 UTC
Aesiron wrote:

Trolls don't take the time to empathize, encourage, or suggest alternatives methods to the same goal.

As for "-1", I see it all over the forums... including this thread. I agree with the vote-like convention.

Grumpy Owly wrote:
An imaginary number is one whose square is a real number less than zero. e.g. i, where i^2 = -1, so for it to be imaginary it would need to be the square root of -1.

I don't think it's dumb, or trolling, just a simplified way of showing relevant support to a thread, unlike your comment.

And this is also from a person who was accusing someone else of trolling and not adding substance in another thread recently.

I was about to write that. Then I saw your post. Heh... very true.

Keeley HaZZeLL
Doomheim
#13 - 2011-11-27 10:19:22 UTC
but it same thing if you buy a pg and use them.

pro:
- more value of industrial pg
- more plex sell (for transfert account and more incoming for ccp)
- more name avability

i don't think so somebody use a titan pg and "refinery" him sp ( you don't consider the value in ISK of skills)
Aesiron
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2011-11-27 12:38:27 UTC
Grumpy Owly wrote:
Aesiron wrote:
Obsidiana wrote:

I don't want some ****** up equation, just tell me why the imaginary -1 makes sense.

And also link me where I accused someone of trolling.
Grumpy Owly
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2011-11-27 13:03:19 UTC
Aesiron wrote:
I don't want some ****** up equation, just tell me why the imaginary -1 makes sense.

Have explained why it makes sense. And as a result why calling it "imaginery" is your poor definition of things. Either from a mathematical point of view or from a sensibilities point of view. It's very "real" to me, and I have no problem interpreting its meaning. Something your incapable of doing even after explanation.

also Cloak fuel thread:

Aesiron wrote:
ShahFluffers wrote:
Oh... this thread again.

Not Supported.

How about you post something decent for once instead of trolling?

Interestingly only yesterday morning, what an accomplished memory.

You accuse someone of not posting "decently", yet hypocritically doing exactly the same in this thread, offering no substance to the topic, just trolling someones responce, irrespsective of the fact thats how they might want to respond. Who made you forum protocol monitor all of a sudden? And seriously the number "-1" is so offensive, get real.

(Methinks this will be a waste of effort somehow)
Venus Rinah
Arcanum Industry
#16 - 2011-11-27 13:12:14 UTC
From education choice thread:

Aesiron wrote:
I support your ideas, but was the imaginary -1 really there to make a point or just because you feel like trolling?

Doing exactly the same thing in another thread. Didn't respond to it originally as it didn't justify one.
Velicitia
XS Tech
#17 - 2011-11-27 14:28:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Velicitia
Abdiel Kavash wrote:

Counterproposal: biomass yourself.

Shocked

DAMMIT! I knew I was forgetting something in my post!

+1 to AbdielLol

edit to fix the quotes

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Pelador Rova
Paladin Noesis
#18 - 2011-11-27 15:32:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Pelador Rova
-2, I doubled it.

Could have used a larger multiplier but its just to emphasise how quickly new players could attempt to catch up also or "pay to titan" potentially.

And I'm saying this even though I could benefit, certainly CCP would like it, maybe I'm doing this all wrong?

Easier just to be able to purchase SP for plex? Even though thats a no no.
Keeley HaZZeLL
Doomheim
#19 - 2011-11-27 15:55:20 UTC
Pelador Rova wrote:

Easier just to be able to purchase SP for plex? Even though thats a no no.

I think is better this way, because reduce number of pg (more name available)
and add value of industrial pg.

the question is:
you can buy a pg X for use Bhaalgonor
or you can skilling you main for use Bhaalgonor

tell me the different? if you have money for buy pg (farming or buy plex from ccp) why not i can transfert sp into new pg
for using same ship?

it also possibily to 1 : 0.7 sp portability or another ration if you don't like raport 1:1 and you don't want a lot of pg in selling.
Aesiron
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#20 - 2011-11-27 16:03:12 UTC
Grumpy Owly wrote:
Aesiron wrote:

Have explained why it makes sense. And as a result why calling it "imaginery" is your poor definition of things. Either from a mathematical point of view or from a sensibilities point of view. It's very "real" to me, and I have no problem interpreting its meaning. Something your incapable of doing even after explanation.

also Cloak fuel thread:

Aesiron wrote:
ShahFluffers wrote:
Oh... this thread again.

Not Supported.

How about you post something decent for once instead of trolling?

Interestingly only yesterday morning, what an accomplished memory.

You accuse someone of not posting "decently", yet hypocritically doing exactly the same in this thread, offering no substance to the topic, just trolling someones responce, irrespsective of the fact thats how they might want to respond. Who made you forum protocol monitor all of a sudden? And seriously the number "-1" is so offensive, get real.

(Methinks this will be a waste of effort somehow)

Dude, I don't want some ****ed up equation about mathematics. When I said the imaginary -1 I mean that it isn't an official forum feature like the +1, how hard is it to work out?

And from your next paragraph I can assume you were making it up to back up your stupid point?
12Next page