These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

EvE's aging playerbase and life insurance policy's

Author
MEZZA Creire-Geng
Sorry We're In Your Space Eh
Seventh Sanctum.
#21 - 2014-02-14 17:11:56 UTC
real stupid gl with life.
Graabeerd Khagah
MoonFyre BattleGroup Holdings
#22 - 2014-02-14 19:24:16 UTC
Aging?? Are you trying to tell me that just because I'm 61 (soon to be 62) that I can't keep up with you younguns?? I can honestly say I can probably out whipped most of you younger guys in a wrestling match, then be my luck I get poddded...again LOL!!

Seriously I haven't thought about what would happen to my account(s) that I have all over the internet but yes there are ways of immortalizing or remembering those who lives were full of adventure, excitement and what ever else. I haven't really sat down with an attorney yet and thanks for reminding me of that.

I'll let you all know what I find out in a few days and bring it forward to this amazing wonderful communityBig smile
rswfire
#23 - 2014-02-14 19:30:13 UTC
Personally, I want to have my decomposing body nourish a new tree...and just be a tree after I die. That's a real thing...
Obunagawe
#24 - 2014-02-14 19:54:40 UTC
You can't leave your account to someone as this is in breach of the EULA.
Beekeeper Bob
Beekeepers Anonymous
#25 - 2014-02-14 20:33:20 UTC
Knights Armament wrote:
I've noticed that we got some elderly people playing EvE, and I was thinking now would be a great time to offer them an insurance policy, what would happen if the mittani died tomorrow? Think about helping players pass on their accounts to friends and family by letting them setup an in game will. I know untimely and unfortunate things occur every day in the real world, so wouldn't it be nice to know that your loved ones can keep your immortal character alive when you pass on to oblivion?

I just don't want you all to die without leaving me your stuff :(.

Account sharing is against the EULA, when the player dies, the characters should be bio-massed.

Signature removed - CCP Eterne

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#26 - 2014-02-14 20:41:21 UTC
Knights Armament wrote:
Ra Jackson wrote:
So you think it is a good idea if somebody continued playing as Vile Rat?

I don't know who vile rat is, but why not?

Oh dear
Muestereate
Minions LLC
#27 - 2014-02-14 21:46:38 UTC
your account can't be sold but your character can. The cost of this service if I offered it as a third party would have to include enough isk in fees to compensate for character transfer charges. Perhaps the paupers have to be buried as usual in an unmarked data server field but the rich could easily pass through a third partys hands quite legally. I can't figure out how to do accidental sudden death or how the income stream would work exactly but a few options could be calculated. Monthly premiums would appeal more to the masses but if anybody is interested in me handling this just start sending me a hundred mill a month now and a signed notice from your doctor that he doesn't expect you to kick within the next couple years. and we'll make adjustment on the fly. I guess your family should be prepared to send me a death certificate scan. Like real insurance if you die early I'll eat the fees and if youo don't I make money.

Thanks for the great Isk making Idea OP, my fees and service will be better than yours
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#28 - 2014-02-14 21:51:08 UTC
Knights Armament wrote:
...what would happen if the mittani died tomorrow?

As tempting as it is, I'm not even going to touch that one. But the things I'm thinking right now...

Mr Epeen Cool
Rainbow Dash
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#29 - 2014-02-14 22:06:45 UTC
WASPY69 wrote:
Maybe it's a cultural difference, but where I'm from you don't pillage the dead (so to speak). Leave them to rest in peace.

Once you're dead, there's nothing left. Saying "don't steal from the dead" is like saying "don't steal from that tree". It's kinda silly.
Plastic Psycho
Necro-Economics
#30 - 2014-02-14 22:10:51 UTC
Nothing concrete to contribute to this thread that's going no particular place important. Just wanted to express my appreciation of your handle: Knights Armament.

Good stuff!
Plastic Psycho
Necro-Economics
#31 - 2014-02-14 22:12:40 UTC
Na Und wrote:
EVE--we scam dead people!

Careful, or the dead might scam you! <- Insert "Soviet Russia" joke here.
Uma D
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#32 - 2014-02-14 23:19:20 UTC
Knights Armament wrote:
Ra Jackson wrote:

Since you asked....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Smith_%28diplomat%29
BrundleMeth
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#33 - 2014-02-14 23:44:39 UTC
Vyl Vit wrote:
Ahar. This is kind of funny...in a nice way...sorta. I'm 58 years old. I suppose that's ancient by some short-sighted standards. (I won't bother to remind you, the kids you influence now could very well be punching your ticket in a very short while, oh ye who never ages.)

I'm leaving my account(s) to my grandson who is six years old right now. Only thing is, with this life expectancy thing, I have another 32 years before I have to start worrying about not logging in anymore. Yeah. I have more time left than a lot of "youngsters" have been alive thus far. Can you believe that?

If you can't, you better start, 'cause it was only yesterday I was 24 years old fighting the communist hordes for your right to post inane crap on game forums....two kids in diapers...feeling immortal...grrrrrrrr Pirate

I guess plain cussedness is the Fountain of Youth in the end. You'll get my game when you pry it out of my arthritic, wrinkled up, liver-spotted hand!

I'll be 57 in a few months. When I die, NO ONE gets 1 damned item..and if I'm sick and going out, I will Biomass and everything goes with me. About 200 Billion ISK of value right now...
Lors Dornick
Kallisti Industries
#34 - 2014-02-15 00:48:45 UTC
As a mere youngster at 51 I sorted it out by having most of my in game assets in some corps that my children have access to.

But they will not get my accounts/characters.

They will ride with me into the sunset (or lagging slightly behind due to billings mechanisms ;))

CCP Greyscale: As to starbases, we agree it's pretty terrible, but we don't want to delay the entire release just for this one factor.

Erica Dusette
Division 13
#35 - 2014-02-15 00:52:13 UTC
If it comes with a comprehensive dental policy I'm in.

Will being a smoker effect my premiums?

Jack Miton > you be nice or you're sleeping on the couch again!

Part-Time Wormhole Pirate Full-Time Supermodel

worмнole dιary + cнaracтer вιoѕвσss

Nicolai Serkanner
Incredible.
Brave Collective
#36 - 2014-02-15 00:53:57 UTC
Obunagawe wrote:

Bingo!
Nicolai Serkanner
Incredible.
Brave Collective
#37 - 2014-02-15 00:55:29 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Knights Armament wrote:
...what would happen if the mittani died tomorrow?

As tempting as it is, I'm not even going to touch that one. But the things I'm thinking right now...

Mr Epeen Cool

I am thinking about temperatures just about thaw .... mmmmm
Clementina
Coreli Corporation
#38 - 2014-02-15 03:22:17 UTC
What should happen to characters if their player dies or is otherwise permanently incapacitated is interesting. Should the character be permanently inactive or should the character be passable to heirs? Heirs would probably be people the player knows from in-game, unless their friends or family also play Eve Online, but even so maybe CCP should look at facilitating this process, in case there is someone who would want to pass their character to their friends, spouse, children, or whatever when they die.
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#39 - 2014-02-15 04:26:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Mara Rinn
Nicolai Serkanner wrote:
Obunagawe wrote:

Bingo!

But you can transfer characters.

As an example of what might be possible if CCP provides the means to do so:

1. You die.
  2. In your will, you point out that you have characters in EVE Online
  3. Your executor gains the privilege of handling dispersal of your in-game assets (i.e.: CCP allows an exception for account sharing to be allowed where a power of attorney or an executor of a will is concerned)
  4. Executor sells the character through Character Bazaar
  5. Executor (following instructions in the will) disburses the raised ISK to in-game charity support of your choice, such as Vaerah's PLEX-for-good charity or Sindel Pelion's Angel Project
  6. Executor then cancels the account
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#40 - 2014-02-15 06:50:57 UTC
Uma D wrote:
Knights Armament wrote:
Ra Jackson wrote:

Since you asked....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Smith_%28diplomat%29

/thread

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Previous page123Next page