These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New BC's are glass cannons?

Author
ZephyrLexx
EVE University
Ivy League
#81 - 2011-11-27 03:21:46 UTC  |  Edited by: ZephyrLexx
will it be possible to solo level 4 missions with these? or maybe some easy level wormholes? (no idea how difficult wormholes are)

also how expensive will these new BCs be roughly?
Herping yourDerp
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#82 - 2011-11-27 03:37:16 UTC
they sound like they will be good vs super caps to me... good dmg low sig radius so fighters and titan XL guns cant hit.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#83 - 2011-11-27 03:38:26 UTC
Herping yourDerp wrote:
they sound like they will be good vs super caps to me... good dmg low sig radius so fighters and titan XL guns cant hit.

ahahahaha yes they will

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

holding pattern58
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#84 - 2011-11-27 04:00:31 UTC
Now I am by no means an expert at fitting a Tengu, but that fit the OP lost is just.....horrible....Of course you're going to die against anything that can hit you from further than 40km.

And in lowsec? I'm glad someone put that poor ship out of our misery.
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#85 - 2011-11-27 04:17:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
CCP has stated that the new tier 3 battlecruisers are intended to be highly mobile (harder to hit than a battleship) snipers.

Facing-off one-on-one at close range is not their intended use.

Instead say 10 to 200 of them at 100 km (out of short-range optimal, and too close to warp), which the Naga excels at with railguns, is gonna make for some interesting battles.
Jack Tronic
borkedLabs
#86 - 2011-11-27 04:19:48 UTC
Tau Cabalander wrote:
CCP has stated that the new tier 3 battlecruisers are intended to be highly mobile (harder to hit than a battleship) snipers.

Facing-off against one at close range is not their intended use.

Facing-off with say 10 to 200 of them at 100 km (out of short-range optimal, and too close to warp), which the Naga excels at with railguns, is gonna make for some interesting battles.

Uh, a blaster Talos is in no way a sniper.
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#87 - 2011-11-27 04:28:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
Jack Tronic wrote:
Uh, a blaster Talos is in no way a sniper.

Then why are you insistent on putting blasters on it? Gallente use railguns too (425's fit really well).

Good thread to read: Balancing Feedback: Tier3 Battlecruisers
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=29696

CCP Ytterbium wrote:
EDIT 01 (07/11): general ship roles/web bonus removal from Talos explanation is available here.

EDIT 02 (07/11): more info on page 11.

EDIT 03 (14/11): even more info on page 22.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#88 - 2011-11-27 04:28:58 UTC
sniper fleets are making a comebahahahahahaha

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Rawls Canardly
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#89 - 2011-11-27 04:31:48 UTC
I think the OP didn't even try to download singularity, he's just parroting what some bloated geek phooted into his ear
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#90 - 2011-11-27 04:50:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Ranger 1
Andski wrote:
sniper fleets are making a comebahahahahahaha

Smile I'd imagine that the bulk of their work will be done at what most would consider medium range.

Which means that the Naga mentioned above will be able to use it's short range ammo.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Caretaking Sunofabitcch Quigglywobbl
Fulmar's Anti-Caldari Club
#91 - 2011-11-27 05:12:43 UTC
On sisi, a titan exploderized my tornado in 1shot. @ about 5km. granted I was motionless and had forgot to turnoff my mWD.. but still, they are wayyyy to squisjy for capital killing. I mean wtf /ofacepalm.
Ai Shun
#92 - 2011-11-27 05:16:09 UTC
bebe kitteh wrote:
Many of you claim to be smart, show me how and I'll GTFO+ STFU+ L2P.

Never fly what you cannot afford. If you rolled need on the Tanking Plate if you're a Retadin you'd be in the same boat. And that boat shouldn't be a T3 Cruiser, from the sound of things.
Lithalnas
Dirt 'n' Glitter
Local Is Primary
#93 - 2011-11-27 05:24:10 UTC
i could see the cattle bruisers as a good whelp fleet ship. I bet 200 of them can kill things relatively fast while still being able to traverse the starmap like battle cruisers. Maybe we should call them the batphone cruiser.

https://www.facebook.com/RipSeanVileRatSmith shoot at blue for Vile Rat http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=73406

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#94 - 2011-11-27 07:46:16 UTC
Frogsnail Toast wrote:
What do you guys think about using the Tornado for vanguard sites?

It has 55.9K EHP fit with:
2x Invuln II
1x Photon II
2x LSE
2x Defense Field Extender
1x Anti-Therm Screen II

With 76, 72, 73, 77 resists. Coupled with a sig radius of 248 and a speed of 281 m/s.

The recommended Hurricane fit has 59K EHP with same resists, 290 sig, 206 m/s.

So.... Tornado should hold up fine yes?

You will hear logi pilots start sounding like healers in that other MMO whenever a "DPS Warrior" not specced for Defense/meat shield joins the group.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Imajitaaltofanalt ofanalt
State War Academy
Caldari State
#95 - 2011-11-27 08:02:18 UTC
Uhh am I the only on who's thinking "Why didnt the tengu warp away?"
Jaroslav Unwanted
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#96 - 2011-11-27 08:34:15 UTC
bebe kitteh wrote:
Twisted Ultimately, these new ships are fail. an extremely, super, massive one at that...
Hey I made a new word. "FAIL-HOLE". A "fail-hole" for when fail is so Supermassive it sucks up completely any belief in the existance of intelligent humans.

not sure but i dont think tier III battlecruisers are meant to fight 1400mm machariel while stationary at their optimal.
Jaroslav Unwanted
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#97 - 2011-11-27 08:41:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Jaroslav Unwanted
Imajitaaltofanalt ofanalt wrote:
Uhh am I the only on who's thinking "Why didnt the tengu warp away?"

instalock, gank machariel on active tanked tengu with something 6k ehp without resistance mod on ?

Tornado would do the same for 1/20 of the price.
Xolve
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#98 - 2011-11-27 10:36:19 UTC
I love all the theory crafting here.. put a tornado in the worst scenario possible, against a Sensor-Booster Sniper Machariel @ Max Range.. because you know, your going to just sit there and look at the damn thing, unpointed, and wait for the 2nd or 3rd volley... Roll

Anyone can be a victim, and the fight always comes to you when you least expect it (otherwise you wouldn't have lost anything amirite?).

This is EvE:
Ships kill Ships.. Pods get greased.. Indy people rejoice at the oppurtunity to make more **** and sell it at a profit.. so PvPers can get it blown up again.

Khors
Doomheim
#99 - 2011-11-27 10:46:48 UTC
ZephyrLexx wrote:
will it be possible to solo level 4 missions with these? or maybe some easy level wormholes? (no idea how difficult wormholes are)

also how expensive will these new BCs be roughly?

I doubt you'll be able to do level 4 missions very well with the new battlecruisers. Drake can do those because of it's bonus to tank, something the tier 3's lack.

I would imagine prices to be a few mil less than a tier 1 bs (when prices have stabilized). They only require medium rigs however.
Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#100 - 2011-11-27 10:57:25 UTC
bebe kitteh wrote:
I have one very real question:
"why are the new third teir Battlecruisers that are cappable of firing Battleship weapons, made of paper?"

Because if they weren't then they would be battleships.