These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Foreign life on planets in the eve universe

Author
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#21 - 2014-02-14 14:40:29 UTC
Knights Armament wrote:
Interesting so what if we added aliens that are nice to people, and help them learn new technology? Maybe then we can open the new eden gate and go back to earth.

There already are aliens in New Eden. It's us.

Humans are the aliens who came from another galaxy. Not anything else.
Lyelle Wolf
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2014-02-14 14:43:08 UTC
Kaban Bastanold wrote:
There is alien life, just no Sentient alien life that we know of.

Sleepers are the Jove that got left behind and they were dying of plague. Or at least their guardian's

Jove are kinda... not massively human anymore after their own tinkering with themselves, but they still came from the same place.

HOWEVER we do know that the Jove are at war with another mysterious race and are apparently losing. We know nothing of them.

They could be humans from the old earth empire....
They could be something else....

Speculation is fun.

But no, for the factor of EVE, the storyline tells of no non-human blood line species of a sentient/intelligent nature.

You see, that right there points out so much potential in possible future stories in EVE and there is already so much deeply tied to it. Problem is CCP has yet to fully link it all together. It feels like they dropped the lore almost all together besides the bit of news we get here and there.

A while back ago there was excitement about discovering the "secret" of the sleepers, but now it seems only a few care anymore.

//LW
Stitcher
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#23 - 2014-02-14 14:57:16 UTC
Fedos are actually all hypergeniuses, and far too smart to ever let us find out.

AKA Hambone

Author of The Deathworlders

Kaban Bastanold
Vanguardians
#24 - 2014-02-14 15:17:05 UTC
Lyelle Wolf wrote:

A while back ago there was excitement about discovering the "secret" of the sleepers, but now it seems only a few care anymore.

//LW

I was one of those, It's because it was mostly figured out. They were the diseased jove of a previous empire that was left behind, so they left themselves in a virtual reality whilst they tried to find a cure with guardian's to protect themselves.... or something like that.

I still need to read templar one but i'm leaving it for a time when i need to escape a bit :)
LOL56
STK Scientific
The Initiative.
#25 - 2014-02-14 18:23:16 UTC
Just to clarify, the quote for the PoCo is from an Ammarian legal code, sapient livestock is clearly the legal term from slaves.
Jandice Ymladris
Aurora Arcology
#26 - 2014-02-14 19:04:09 UTC
LOL56 wrote:
Just to clarify, the quote for the PoCo is from an Ammarian legal code, sapient livestock is clearly the legal term from slaves.

To add to this, check the classification of any human cargo you got (Marines, Militants, Tourists, Janitors and more!) They are all classified under *gasp* Livestock!

As an extra twist to it, Livestock itself (cattle and such) is NOT classified as livestock but as commodity. I just get a Soylent Green vibe from all this Shocked ITS PEOPLE!

Providing a new home for refugees in the Aurora Arcology

Snagletooth Johnson
Snagle Material Services
CAStabouts
#27 - 2014-02-14 20:47:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Snagletooth Johnson
Freedom Munition wrote:
Why is EvE so pro human, we can't have alien races?

You mean like Panda's...in spaaaace?!!
Alien panda's that know kung fu and walk on two legs, and wear cool pointy bamboo hats, hmmm...make it so!
rswfire
#28 - 2014-02-14 20:52:27 UTC
Jove Death wrote:
Kill all foreign animals and make them like a DoDo

Anyway CCP Falcon is a alien isnt he? Big smile

And I havent a clue what GM Nova is Lol

Ha! I don't visit these forums enough; your posts are always the best.
Arduemont
Rotten Legion
#29 - 2014-02-14 20:56:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Arduemont
Actually, contrary to what people have said so far the Jove, and sleepers are both of human (or of human origin).

If your wondering why no aliens, and want a realistic answer, then I am afraid there is only one good answer and it's really boring. Life is rare and the Eve 'galaxy' is very small.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

Previous page12