These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Is this OUR forum or YOUR forum?

First post
Author
Vera Algaert
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2014-02-14 09:16:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Vera Algaert
Batelle wrote:
Pok Nibin wrote:
If it's OUR forum, please allow US to post things WE find amusing, interesting or entertaining, though not readily UNDERSTOOD by - certain people with certain POWERS.

If it's YOUR forum, and we're beginning to see it is fast becoming that, WE can easily just forego hitting this website, and posting to it as we aren't here to be YOUR lackeys - providing free content that meets your approval, and giving you useage stats that makes management smile.

Now. Quick with the lock so we can know this for certain, and thanks.
I'm sure you'll make my point for me. Blink

Whomever's forum this may be, its certainly not yours.

nominative: who
genitive: whose
dative: whom
accusative: whom

Who is this guy?
Whose forum is this?
Whom did you give the book?
Whom did I call yesterday?

Interestingly "whom" in the accusative is falling out of use faster than in the dative - on the other hand "him" in the accusative (he, his, him, him) seems to be very firmly rooted.

djentropy Ovaert
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#22 - 2014-02-14 09:29:31 UTC
Vera Algaert wrote:

Who is this guy?
Whose forum is this?

Interestingly "whom" in the accusative is falling out of use faster than in the dative - on the other hand "him" in the accusative (he, his, him, him) seems to be very firmly rooted.

whom the heck are you and whose forums are these?

:)
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#23 - 2014-02-14 09:31:26 UTC
I wouldn't mind if lackoffaith quit his duties.

But that's cause I love him and wanna hang out in game(s) with him.

Big smile

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Remiel Pollard
Shock Treatment Ministries
#24 - 2014-02-14 09:35:58 UTC
Pok Nibin wrote:
If it's OUR forum, please allow US to post things WE find amusing, interesting or entertaining, though not readily UNDERSTOOD by - certain people with certain POWERS.

If it's YOUR forum, and we're beginning to see it is fast becoming that, WE can easily just forego hitting this website, and posting to it as we aren't here to be YOUR lackeys - providing free content that meets your approval, and giving you useage stats that makes management smile.

If a local council puts up a social space (ie a hall or a skatepark) for your use, it does not do so without placing a set of rules upon its use. In other words, there is a difference between being given something to own and being granted permission to use.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

TigerXtrm
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#25 - 2014-02-14 10:06:43 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Batelle wrote:
Pok Nibin wrote:

Whomever's forum this may be, its certainly not yours.

Not entirely true. We pay a subscription, for that we get access to EVE and these forums.

Access... to someone else's property. Paying a subscription doesn't suddenly make it yours or gets you a vote in day to day things. People really need to lose this mindset. You pay for access. Not for a chair on the CCP board of directors.

My YouTube Channel - EVE Tutorials & other game related things!

My Website - Blogs, Livestreams & Forums

Yarda Black
The Black Redemption
#26 - 2014-02-14 10:11:56 UTC
The nonsense and basic useless conversations here are OURS

The method to do so and the frustations about our "high-quality" sharing of information is THEIRS
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#27 - 2014-02-14 10:16:31 UTC
My understanding of the use of who vs. whom was based on the old rule of not ending a sentence with a preposition.

So:

Who are you speaking to? - WRONG
To whom are you speaking? - RIGHT

I may be oversimplifying because I oversimplify everything.

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

Ai Shun
#28 - 2014-02-14 10:17:53 UTC
TigerXtrm wrote:
Access... to someone else's property. Paying a subscription doesn't suddenly make it yours or gets you a vote in day to day things. People really need to lose this mindset. You pay for access. Not for a chair on the CCP board of directors.

$11.95 and they own the world.
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#29 - 2014-02-14 10:18:57 UTC
Every last piece of HTML markup, every last letter you type, all belong to CCP.

CCP's forums. CCP's rules. If you can't post stuff that is relevant to EVE, post in OOPE. When your off-topic post is locked, moved or otherwise tampered with, complain to ISD not the rest of the audience on the forums. If you complain on the forums you will be locked again because you are breaking the rules about discussion of moderation.

UR STUFF CAN I HAZ?

IBTL.
Charlie Firpol
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2014-02-14 10:21:01 UTC
Does it make ME look more INTERESTING if I just activate capslock every few WORDS or does IT just make IT really horrible for YOU to read MY text?

The Butcher of Black Rise - eve-radio.com

Jaxon Grylls
Institute of Archaeology
#31 - 2014-02-14 10:22:48 UTC
Mario Putzo wrote:
Its CCPs forum and you license the privilege to post here. That privilege can be revoked at any time for any reason.

Doesn't anyone ever read Terms of Service? and ISD's / CCP are pretty chill for the most part. Give me some mod powers and id clean this place right up.

Then volunteer your services to CCL.

They are looking for new members IIRC.
Jaxon Grylls
Institute of Archaeology
#32 - 2014-02-14 10:35:21 UTC
Vera Algaert wrote:

Whomever's forum this may be, its certainly not yours

Who is this guy?
Whose forum is this?

English is a living thing that changes over time. That's why we do not speak Anglo-Saxon or Proto-Indo-European.
Angelica Dreamstar
Miner's House of ill repute
#33 - 2014-02-14 11:34:45 UTC
lol they should just ban the lot of you.

bingo, his pig not being a goat doesn't make the pig wrong, just him an idiot for shouting at his pig "WHY ARENT YOU A GOAT!" (Source)

-- Ralph King-Griffin, about deranged people playing EVE ONLINE

Lipbite
Express Hauler
#34 - 2014-02-14 11:49:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Lipbite
There is EVE sub-reddit for all your libertarian needs. You can post anything there to get your portion of downvotes (and upvotes).

p.s. thanks for attempt to liberate this boring forum! However considering type of human interactions in EVE it has high chance to turn into infinite amount of whine, accusations, nerf requests.
Effect One
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#35 - 2014-02-14 13:45:15 UTC
Oh, just shut the **** up.

'This might be internet spaceships, but it's not rocket science to protect yourself and fly with a little common sense' - CCP Falcon

CCP Dolan
C C P
C C P Alliance
#36 - 2014-02-14 14:08:39 UTC
The EVE Online Forums are the property of CCP Games. CCP Games, as the designers and hosts of said forums, have set rules to which users wishing to post in these forums must comply. Additionally, we have empowered people that we trust to enforce those rules. Should you believe that these rules are being reinforced unfairly, please notify us with a petition.

You will find that all forums have a set of rules that the people who use them must follow. If you feel that the rules are in some way overly restrictive, or unfair, then that is an entirely separate conversation.

Additionally, Locked.

11. Discussion of forum moderation is prohibited.

The discussion of EVE Online forum moderation actions generally leads to flaming, trolling and baiting of our ISD CCL moderators. As such, this type of discussion is strictly prohibited under the forum rules. If you have questions regarding the actions of a moderator, please file a petition under the Community & Forums Category.

CCP Dolan | Community Representative

Twitter: @CCPDolan

Gooby pls

Previous page12