These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Is this OUR forum or YOUR forum?

First post
Author
Pok Nibin
Doomheim
#1 - 2014-02-14 05:52:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Pok Nibin
If it's OUR forum, please allow US to post things WE find amusing, interesting or entertaining, though not readily UNDERSTOOD by - certain people with certain POWERS.

If it's YOUR forum, and we're beginning to see it is fast becoming that, WE can easily just forego hitting this website, and posting to it as we aren't here to be YOUR lackeys - providing free content that meets your approval, and giving you useage stats that makes management smile.

Now. Quick with the lock so we can know this for certain, and thanks.
I'm sure you'll make my point for me. Blink

The right to free speech doesn't automatically carry with it the right to be taken seriously.

Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2014-02-14 05:52:38 UTC
ISD mods are mad with power.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Batelle
Filthy Peasants
#3 - 2014-02-14 05:56:14 UTC
Pok Nibin wrote:
If it's OUR forum, please allow US to post things WE find amusing, interesting or entertaining, though not readily UNDERSTOOD by - certain people with certain POWERS.

If it's YOUR forum, and we're beginning to see it is fast becoming that, WE can easily just forego hitting this website, and posting to it as we aren't here to be YOUR lackeys - providing free content that meets your approval, and giving you useage stats that makes management smile.

Whomever's forum this may be, its certainly not yours.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Pok Nibin
Doomheim
#4 - 2014-02-14 05:57:56 UTC
Batelle wrote:
Pok Nibin wrote:

Thanks for pointing out the obvious. That was so helpful.

The right to free speech doesn't automatically carry with it the right to be taken seriously.

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2014-02-14 06:00:32 UTC
Batelle wrote:
Pok Nibin wrote:

Not entirely true. We pay a subscription, for that we get access to EVE and these forums.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Batelle
Filthy Peasants
#6 - 2014-02-14 06:01:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Batelle
Pok Nibin wrote:
Batelle wrote:
Pok Nibin wrote:

Thanks for pointing out the obvious. That was so helpful.

Its an ISD-whine thread. What do you expect?

Infinity Ziona wrote:

Not entirely true. We pay a subscription, for that we get access to EVE and these forums.

You can also pay subscription and be banned from the forums entirely.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Jada Maroo
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2014-02-14 06:04:18 UTC
Someone ordered brown shirts for the ISDs. They haven't been the same since.
Batelle
Filthy Peasants
#8 - 2014-02-14 06:05:53 UTC
Jada Maroo wrote:

Comparing them to nazis. Real Nice.

Never forget.

Vyl Vit
#9 - 2014-02-14 06:07:03 UTC
It has become rather obvious at this point.

Paradise is like where you are right now, only much, much better.

Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2014-02-14 06:10:19 UTC
Batelle wrote:
Jada Maroo wrote:

Comparing them to *****. Real Nice.

If the jackboot fits...

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#11 - 2014-02-14 06:10:48 UTC
It's CCP's Forum.
HTFU and tank the correct resistance for forum moderation tanking.
I hear they only agro on bad posting, so as long as you keep your posts good they will stay dormant and you can harvest tears to your hearts content off other people.
But one bad post issued from you, and you are ISDokkened
Mario Putzo
#12 - 2014-02-14 06:29:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Mario Putzo
Its CCPs forum and you license the privilege to post here. That privilege can be revoked at any time for any reason.

Doesn't anyone ever read Terms of Service? and ISD's / CCP are pretty chill for the most part. Give me some mod powers and id clean this place right up.
djentropy Ovaert
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#13 - 2014-02-14 06:33:51 UTC
Pok Nibin wrote:

Last I checked, this forum is owned by CCP and as the owners they can moderate it however they see fit.

And your thread should be locked - it serves no point other then making you look foolish.
Alejandro Rebenga
#14 - 2014-02-14 07:04:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Alejandro Rebenga
I don't know why these kinds of threads keep cropping up..

Maybe the things you need to post about can be answered in the in-game Help channel? Lotsa people can also lend some of their time to chat with you, you just need to put out really.

Quote:
please allow US to post things WE find amusing, interesting or entertaining, though not readily UNDERSTOOD by - certain people with certain POWERS.
Provided that it follows forum rules, why not?
Quote:

Now now, dont group us all together with you. Thats alot of assumption as well..

Quote:
I'm sure you'll make my point for me
I'd be embarassed for myself if I made this kind of post, is that your point?
Muestereate
Minions LLC
#15 - 2014-02-14 07:25:14 UTC
Im starting to wish they would just ban all my accounts
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#16 - 2014-02-14 07:30:55 UTC
Of course it's their forum. What on earth ever gave you the weird idea that it isn't? Ugh
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#17 - 2014-02-14 07:45:56 UTC
Actually, it's my Aunt Nancy's forum. And she wants it back.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Victor Andall
#18 - 2014-02-14 07:47:11 UTC
Wow, this is awkward.

I did some research and...whoo boy.

Turns out it really is THEIR forum. Literally owned by them.

Whudda thought?

I just undocked for the first time and someone challenged me to a duel. Wat do?

19.08.2014 - Dinsdale gets slammed by CCP Falcon. Never forget.

Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#19 - 2014-02-14 08:39:07 UTC
It's not even your name, so how could it be your forum?
Tesco Ergo Sum
#20 - 2014-02-14 08:45:14 UTC
"Please wait a moment before reporting another post!"

Of course it is a forum we can post on but we own nothing and have no rights.

Either add content or go away.

Some posts here are not content and do nothing but display a powerful sense of entitlement and follow Godwin's Law.
12Next page