These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Murder for Fun and Profit!

First post
Author
Leopold Caine
Stillwater Corporation
#21 - 2014-02-10 12:33:17 UTC
Gosakumori Noh wrote:
But are you saying that whole matriculation thing is just cover for some Cartel slave-running operation?

Afraid it's not.

As for Mr. Ston's operation, I can agree it can be a bit... well, let's call it repetitive to keep things civil, but from what I've heard he doesn't sell his merchandise.

So in the goon girl's theory there, he's either the most inefficient slaver out there or... well, I have no idea what the alternative might be.
But is he some kind of a threat, to anyone, either way? As long as he doesn't touch our slaves and the related market, probably not.
  • Leopold Caine, Domination Malakim

Angels are never far...

Stillwater Corporation Recruitment Open - Angel Cartel Bloc

Fredfredbug4
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2014-02-10 14:06:02 UTC
Taisia Zaytseva wrote:
Fredfredbug4 wrote:
Goon tears are delicious!

Here's why you died, Goon pilots aren't combat pilots. They sit around all day waiting for the order of the fleet commander to gather around in a blob to press one button.

If you want to stop embarassing yourself, I suggest joining a corporation that will actually teach you to fight.

Dude, what are you even on? I haven't died. Free your mind, buggerer, free your mind.

Oh I know you didnt die, I just like messing with Goonswarm filth.

Watch_ Fred Fred Frederation_ and stop [u]cryptozoologist[/u]! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it!

Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#23 - 2014-02-10 16:15:00 UTC
Fredfredbug4 wrote:
Taisia Zaytseva wrote:
Fredfredbug4 wrote:

Here's why you died, Goon pilots aren't combat pilots. They sit around all day waiting for the order of the fleet commander to gather around in a blob to press one button.

If you want to stop embarassing yourself, I suggest joining a corporation that will actually teach you to fight.

Dude, what are you even on? I haven't died. Free your mind, buggerer, free your mind.

Quafe is made from the tears of goon pilots, just trying to make sure there isn't a shortage?

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Taisia Zaytseva
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2014-02-10 16:20:26 UTC
Leopold Caine wrote:

Afraid it's not.

As for Mr. Ston's operation, I can agree it can be a bit... well, let's call it repetitive to keep things civil, but from what I've heard he doesn't sell his merchandise.

So in the goon girl's theory there, he's either the most inefficient slaver out there or... well, I have no idea what the alternative might be.
But is he some kind of a threat, to anyone, either way? As long as he doesn't touch our slaves and the related market, probably not.

The possibilities are myriad, and all of them not good. Who actually does this out of the kindness of their heart? And with such funds and resources?
Exactly my point. There is so much wrong here. So, kill this mutha***** and we can all sleep better knowing that the cluster is a better place.
Scherezad
Revenent Defence Corperation
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#25 - 2014-02-10 17:07:20 UTC
I can confirm that he is in fact doing what he claims to be doing, miss Zaytseva, as can others. He is not enslaving people, but rescuing them from abandonment in space. Compared to most Capsuleer operations his budget is quite small, but he makes up for this with effort and help from his associates.
Fredfredbug4
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2014-02-10 17:33:52 UTC
Claudia Osyn wrote:
Fredfredbug4 wrote:
Taisia Zaytseva wrote:
Fredfredbug4 wrote:

Quafe is made from the tears of goon pilots, just trying to make sure there isn't a shortage?

Of course! Don't want my stocks to go down!

Watch_ Fred Fred Frederation_ and stop [u]cryptozoologist[/u]! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it!

Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#27 - 2014-02-10 17:47:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Claudia Osyn
Fredfredbug4 wrote:
Claudia Osyn wrote:
Fredfredbug4 wrote:
Taisia Zaytseva wrote:
Fredfredbug4 wrote:

Of course! Don't want my stocks to go down!

Don't go flooding the market.

N'maro Makari
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#28 - 2014-02-10 18:22:10 UTC
All this thread makes me want to do is donate billions to DSTON

**Vherokior **

Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#29 - 2014-02-10 18:44:30 UTC
N'maro Makari wrote:

I'm sure they'd appreciate it.

Taisia Zaytseva
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2014-02-10 18:47:18 UTC
Scherezad wrote:
I can confirm that he is in fact doing what he claims to be doing, miss Zaytseva, as can others. He is not enslaving people, but rescuing them from abandonment in space. Compared to most Capsuleer operations his budget is quite small, but he makes up for this with effort and help from his associates.

Uh-huh. You can confirm this how? You've seen all of them? Doctored books, as well, I assume. You saw a dog and pony show, that's all.
He's started kidnapping homeless people since he wasn't getting enough slaves from scavenging in space. How many tens or hundreds of thousands of people has he gotten in the pas week alone?
Kill a slaver, make some ISK.
Scherezad
#31 - 2014-02-10 19:15:13 UTC
I have in fact seen a large number of them, yes miss. I have also seen his facilities and ships. I have also employed some of his Matriculants in the past, and have provided medical services to some rescued individuals who required specialized help.

I can provide a body of evidence to support this position. This body of evidence can of course be discussed and have its weaknesses shown, but those weaknesses can show a path for new investigation. This is the way to discover the truth of a matter. Can you provide anything beyond conjecture and emotion in order to support your claim? Can you provide anything which can be refined and directed? If not, I might suggest that you consider a different approach.
Taisia Zaytseva
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2014-02-10 19:28:28 UTC
He's freely admitted to kidnapping people and indoctrinating them. Slavery, fool. Wide Cheek's own words.
Cripes, give me a day's noticed and I will take you on a tour of VFK that will have you convinced that Goons are actually the 4th District of the Caldari State.
Gosakumori Noh
Coven of One
#33 - 2014-02-10 19:35:54 UTC
I believe Schere is suggesting, in her uniquely Caldari way, that it might be possible to test the hypothesis that DSTON is, in fact, a front for Serpentis overlords looking for a ready supply of "settlers" for their expansion into Anookies.

Such a test makes for an intriguing proposition.

We would have to show that the body count on the going in was greater, in some statistical way, than the body count going out.

DSTON has certainly produced a voluminous record of its heroism. Conspicuously voluminous, I might add. An individual so inclined could, in theory, count up the number of "rescued" and the number of "matriculated," apply some derived rate of matriculation, and from this determine... the number of homeless drug addicts dumped into a wormhole!
Scherezad
#34 - 2014-02-10 19:40:42 UTC
I'm... not sure if you understand the definitions of the words "kidnapping" or "indoctrination", miss. Nor of the word "slavery" for that matter. Pardon my bluntness. Again, miss, do you have any evidence beyond conjecture and emotion? Quote the lines you feel best demonstrate your claims, perhaps. Please be explicit in your premises where you can.

For clarity: I mean explicit in the clearly-defined-and-described meaning of the term, and not the vulgar meaning of the term.
Gosakumori Noh
Coven of One
#35 - 2014-02-10 19:51:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Gosakumori Noh
Scherezad wrote:
For clarity: I mean explicit in the clearly-defined-and-described meaning of the term, and not the vulgar meaning of the term.

Oh! You took all the fun out of that one, Schere sweetie!

Lady Amok's overall premise does have a certain appeal.

Given the state of our Cluster, which statement seems "more likely," all else equal?

1) There exists a selfless organization intent upon subjecting itself (or at least the lives of its non-capsuleer employees) to great risk in an effort to rescue hapless individuals from deteriorating space cans, educate them, and send them on to better lives.

or,

2) There exists an organization of drug overlords settling an unpopulated hell hole with hapless individuals "rescued" from deteriorating space cans.

This of course does not constitute proof of DSTON's activities by any means.

However, her accusation is far from implausible, and might actually warrant a more rigorous inquiry. I do like your suggestion of highlighting specific statements. It reminds me of my brief career as an Inquisitor in Her Majesty's Service. "Anything you say will be used to burn you at the stake." A favorite of mine.
Fredfredbug4
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2014-02-10 20:13:48 UTC
A Goon trying to cast doubt on someones morals is on the same level of hypocrisy as blood raiders criticizing a mass murderer.

Taisia Zaytseva
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2014-02-10 20:39:00 UTC
Fredfredbug4 wrote:
A Goon trying to cast doubt on someones morals is on the same level of hypocrisy as blood raiders criticizing a mass murderer.

Didn't NC. just beat you up and take your lunch money?
I mean, we're taking space left and right, beating the **** out of N3. PL made a deal for their stuff in B-R and left and your alliance was ordered to give up their sov so NC. could rent it out!
So, to recap:
Goons whip N3PL like a domme's boy toy. NC. demands COW's space and you all hand it over, begging not to be hurt.
Goons suck at everything.

For Ms. Schadenfreuede,
This is a pretty big example. Hijacking, shanghaiing, press gaining, whatever you want to call it. These brave workers, members of the proletariate, have secured passage to another station so they can take advantage of other opportunities. The transport office contracts a capsuleer to do the work, because, hey, we have lots of spacelift capability.
So, Ston comes in, arrogantly decides that he knows better than these people, takes them to his facility, rather than the destination (taking someone elsewhere against their will: kidnapping) where he then indoctrinates them. Proof of indoctrination: where's the failed cases? Where are the people that are speaking out, saying that they didn't want help? Please, no one wins 100% of the vote. Not even the legitimate CSM Chairman, of my heart, for life, The Mittani. Though, that was, of course, due to the counterrevolutionaries and elitist enemies of the people.

Sofia Roseburn
Verdant Inquiries
#38 - 2014-02-10 21:02:15 UTC
N'maro Makari wrote:

Maybe if you did they'd actually undock once in a while.
Gosakumori Noh
Coven of One
#39 - 2014-02-10 21:09:07 UTC
I should stress, Taisia darling - and that is a lovely name, by way of tangent - that Scheredenstroodle is not asserting you are wrong. Indeed, you have the full force of St. Occam and his Blowtorch behind you. Given a choice between two explanations, the simpler one better withstands the flame.

However, with an organization as insidious as the Serpentis and their DSTON lackeys, one must assemble the web of entrapment with some care. I am not presently at liberty to devote too much time to an illustration of Inquisitorial practice, but allow me to provide a brief example.

I have here a statement from one Ston Momaki, dated 2011.09.09 18:59. It asserts, inter alia:

"There is no legal means to change the status of slaves to free citizens. They have to be smuggled to where they are going. This is frustrating for us and risky for our pilots and potential employers."

-- Incriminating Statement

From this, Mr. Momaki admits to the knowing transport of human cargo with specific intent to break laws against smuggling. He further admits that he does not act alone. This statement therefore constitutes evidence of a conspiracy to transport human cargo in contravention of applicable law, and of Mr. Momaki's participation in that conspiracy.
Scherezad
#40 - 2014-02-10 21:11:31 UTC
Taisia Zaytseva wrote:
For Ms. Schadenfreuede,
This is a pretty big example. Hijacking, shanghaiing, press gaining, whatever you want to call it. These brave workers, members of the proletariate, have secured passage to another station so they can take advantage of other opportunities. The transport office contracts a capsuleer to do the work, because, hey, we have lots of spacelift capability.
So, Ston comes in, arrogantly decides that he knows better than these people, takes them to his facility, rather than the destination (taking someone elsewhere against their will: kidnapping) where he then indoctrinates them. Proof of indoctrination: where's the failed cases? Where are the people that are speaking out, saying that they didn't want help? Please, no one wins 100% of the vote. Not even the legitimate CSM Chairman, of my heart, for life, The Mittani. Though, that was, of course, due to the counterrevolutionaries and elitist enemies of the people.

I'll presume you were talking to me in the latter component, miss.

The transcript of the agents' Request for Work is fairly clear in the nature of transport, miss. The individuals moved were moved forcibly - i.e. force was required to move them. This was an unwilling transfer. Given that Captain Ston offered them another destination, plus has ample records of procuring food, water, medicine and lodgings for them, this incident is not an adequate example of kidnapping, nor of indoctrination. It is not unreasonable to assume they went with him willingly, given the alternatives offered by Further Foodstuffs.

Do try again if you feel inclined, miss. I do encourage you to keep looking. Questioning isn't a bad thing!

As for the question of why you aren't hearing complaint . Given the amount of ISK that goes into securing the SCC licence required for posting on these forums, it's no surprise that you wouldn't hear complaints here. Perhaps you should go looking for information elsewhere on Galnet and see if you come up with anything that can be backed by reliable evidence.

As for the final part. If I may be so bold, young miss, perhaps the honourable Chairman has taken more than your heart.
Previous page123Next page