These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Jita locked out again.... this is getting worst.

First post First post
Author
Seven Koskanaiken
Shadow Legions.
#21 - 2014-02-09 20:52:24 UTC
Use a cheat code on the gate.
eFart
kiddos corect flight
#22 - 2014-02-09 21:18:55 UTC
umm yeah jita its logged out 4 long time now somebody fix it plz i cant log in to jita plz fix it plz plz
Frank Millar
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2014-02-09 21:43:47 UTC
I think Dodixie is pretty nice, this time of year.
Reckless Ourtomineng
#24 - 2014-02-09 21:50:44 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Reckless Ourtomineng wrote:
Wanna be mods is repetitive and also boring.

Quote:
26. Off-topic posting is prohibited.
Off-topic posting is permitted within reason, as sometimes a single comment may color or lighten the tone of discussion. However, excessive posting of off-topic remarks in an attempt to derail a thread may result in the thread being locked, or a forum warning being issued.

Big smile

here comes the boss of who knows what...
Irishdab Cadelanne
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2014-02-09 21:51:51 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:
Repetitive thread is repetitive.

ED: Adding relevancy.

Quote:
16. Redundant and re-posted threads will be locked.

As a courtesy to other forum users, please search to see if there is a thread already open on the topic you wish to discuss. If so, please place your comments there instead. Multiple threads on the same subject clutter up the forums needlessly, causing good feedback and ideas to be lost. Please keep discussions regarding a topic to a single thread.

Quote:
25. Re-opening locked topics is prohibited.

Recreating or re-opening a thread that has been closed by a moderator is prohibited. Threads that have been closed by a moderator have been closed for the benefit of the community. Re-opening a locked thread will result in its removal.

Wanna be mods is repetitive and also boring.

I agree.
Vyl Vit
#26 - 2014-02-09 22:02:32 UTC
Billy McCandless wrote:
Your liver may be getting wurst.

Paradise is like where you are right now, only much, much better.

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2014-02-09 22:08:03 UTC
i enjoy every time Jita is closed.... Twisted

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Reckless Ourtomineng
#28 - 2014-02-09 22:21:44 UTC
Apart of wanna be mods... get close to gate spam jump and ok when it refuses, u'll get in in no seconds
Gerald Sphinx
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2014-02-09 22:23:41 UTC
Then consider moving to somewhere else. There are at least 3 other major trade hubs throughout New Eden, you know.

Amarr
Rens
Dodixie
John XIII
The Carnifex Corp
#30 - 2014-02-09 22:27:42 UTC
Those other trade hubs are literally populated by peasants. All the action is in Jita. Go there and get with the program.

Between Ignorance and Wisdom

BigJiggyStyles
Perkone
Caldari State
#31 - 2014-02-09 22:30:58 UTC
Approach gate, spam jump/enter/jump/enter, get into system in under ten seconds.

Problem solved.
Dorian Wylde
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#32 - 2014-02-09 22:59:57 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
I have no problems with Jita.

You know why?

BECAUSE I STAY THE **** AWAY FROM THAT CESSPIT!

You might try doing the same. For your sanity and ours.

Mr Epeen Cool

This, for the love of god. Jita is not the only trade hub. Prices in dodixie and amarr are usually exactly the same, and even when not, we're talking less than 100k for most things. In a game where actual value is measured in millions, you have no one to blame but yourself if you're wasting time going to jita for anything.
Pix Severus
Empty You
#33 - 2014-02-09 22:59:58 UTC
Gerald Sphinx wrote:
Then consider moving to somewhere else. There are at least 3 other major trade hubs throughout New Eden, you know.

Amarr
Rens
Dodixie

Amarr - Slaver scum
Rens - Pauper scum
Dodixie - Scum scum

MTU Hunter: Latest Entry - June 12 2017 - Vocal Local 5

MTU Hunting 101: Comprehensive Guide

45thtiger 0109
Pan-Intergalatic Business Community
#34 - 2014-02-10 03:17:09 UTC
Irishdab Cadelanne wrote:
Instead of locking out jita to players why not go in an kick out players that are spaming local all the time. This would lower server load and allow the people that pay for this game the access we want.

I would not have any issues with the spam if the server could handle the load but it clearly can't. This effects the game play for other users and in my view is not fair to us that want to trade.

I know Jita is a high volume system and it is run on it's own sever. But it's getting to the point where you need to decide.

- kick spamers out

or

- Give Jita a second server till the spamers fill it up as well.

Yawn another one of those threads again so HTFU LolP

Lockage time ISD & CCP Lol

**You Have to take the good with the bad and the bad with the good.

Welcome to EvE OnLiNe**

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#35 - 2014-02-10 03:31:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Instead of locking out jita to players why not go in an kick out players that are spaming local all the time. This would lower server load and allow the people that pay for this game the access we want.
The spammers don't really affect the server load. They also don't affect the population limit since it is scaled to take them into account. If the spammers were to be kicked out of the system, the population limit would just be reduced to fit about the same amount of players and you'd still be locked out.

Quote:
I would not have any issues with the spam if the server could handle the load but it clearly can't.
Local is handled by a different server, so their spam does not affect the load on the Jita node.

The reason you're locked out of Jita is because people like you go to Jita during the most populated time of the week. The solution is to not go there during the most populated time of the week. If you absolutely, definitely, categorically have to go to Jita, just ask your autopilot to auto-jump you in, or spend all of 20 seconds to spam the gate.

…also, you can't really “get worst”.
Derath Ellecon
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#36 - 2014-02-10 03:32:22 UTC
I agree with you "CCP didn't make Jita the #1 trade hub in the universe, players did." But controlling and managing server load is their job.

And they have already given it a standalone node. The only one if all of New Eden. What more should they do?

Personally I think it's great. I hope that over time it causes the other trade ups to pick back up in prominence, spreading things out a bit.

I certainly don't want them taking resources away from other areas of the game just so we can squeeze another 1000 players into Jita.
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#37 - 2014-02-10 04:55:23 UTC
Derath Ellecon wrote:
I agree with you "CCP didn't make Jita the #1 trade hub in the universe, players did." But controlling and managing server load is their job.

And they have already given it a standalone node. The only one if all of New Eden. What more should they do?

Personally I think it's great. I hope that over time it causes the other trade ups to pick back up in prominence, spreading things out a bit.

I certainly don't want them taking resources away from other areas of the game just so we can squeeze another 1000 players into Jita.

Too Big to Fail Tax - there is a very good reason to go to Jita and that's prices. You can lose millions not selling in Jita, it has the most buyers so better competitive prices overall.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#38 - 2014-02-10 05:30:09 UTC

Learn remote trade skills... and never go there again.

D'oh.

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#39 - 2014-02-10 05:38:17 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Big smile

here comes the boss of who knows what...

Wait...I thought you had me blocked......

Now everyone will know that were super-secret best friends and talk about us while idling on the gate waiting to get into Jita.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Rhanna Khurin
Doomheim
#40 - 2014-02-10 05:42:46 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
I have no problems with Jita.

You know why?

BECAUSE I STAY THE **** AWAY FROM THAT CESSPIT!

You might try doing the same. For your sanity and ours.

Mr Epeen Cool

This a thousand times!