These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Rubicon 1.3] Drone Assist change

First post First post First post
Author
Akrasjel Lanate
Immemorial Coalescence Administration
Immemorial Coalescence
#861 - 2014-02-08 12:05:48 UTC
Now we need still to wait for goons to whine for CCP to nerf carrier RR ability... beacause for them carriers will still be op after this drone nerf

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Max50
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#862 - 2014-02-08 12:21:21 UTC
I remember 2 years ago when the supercarrier nerf was about to hit that i told people:
"so what?instead of throwing 100 supers with sentries, they ll just throw 200 carriers to have the exact same effect"

people laughed at me.As they will laugh now that i will call it again.

Welcome to the next BS-logi doctrine of out of siege dreads with carrier support.

It ll be fun to see 100 out of siege dreads killing subcaps again under the repairs of 150 archons.
Kiandoshia
Applied Anarchy
The Initiative.
#863 - 2014-02-08 13:59:45 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Kiandoshia wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

considering an incursion runner has plenty to do without accounting for drones, perhaps you should do one and realise it's not the same as a drone assist fleet where you can go afk once drones are assigned.

That's bs. Incursions are **** easy, just like every other kind of PvE. When I did them, they felt an awful lot like mining after a while with the only difference being that incursions hose a lot more ISK all over everyone involved. After a while, I was even using mutliple characters in them.

On topic though, I'm glad for the change in general. Flying Domis was getting boring and I have only been here for a month =p

it's not bullshit, and how "difficult" incursion are has NO RELEVANCE to this discussion, or thread. it's a fact that there are more things to do in an incursion than assigning your drones to the drone bunny.

once again, cfc members attacking arguments that haven't been made in order to whine about whatever it is they've been told to whine about this month.

when it comes to this topic it really is telling that the only people whining, and posting irrelevant arguments to facilitate whining have pretty much exclusively been from the cfc.

Read my whole post.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#864 - 2014-02-08 14:06:35 UTC
Max50 wrote:
I remember 2 years ago when the supercarrier nerf was about to hit that i told people:
"so what?instead of throwing 100 supers with sentries, they ll just throw 200 carriers to have the exact same effect"

Welcome to the next BS-logi doctrine of out of siege dreads with carrier support.

It ll be fun to see 100 out of siege dreads killing subcaps again under the repairs of 150 archons.

yes with the fantastic tracking of XL turrets i'm sure this will work great against anything smaller than battleships

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#865 - 2014-02-08 14:09:05 UTC
Andski wrote:
Max50 wrote:

yes with the fantastic tracking of XL turrets i'm sure this will work great against anything smaller than battleships

well dont you know thats why they made Target Parget painters can be overheated right?

so that un assisted dreads can blap ibis?

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Dave Stark
#866 - 2014-02-08 14:10:23 UTC
Kiandoshia wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Kiandoshia wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

considering an incursion runner has plenty to do without accounting for drones, perhaps you should do one and realise it's not the same as a drone assist fleet where you can go afk once drones are assigned.

That's bs. Incursions are **** easy, just like every other kind of PvE. When I did them, they felt an awful lot like mining after a while with the only difference being that incursions hose a lot more ISK all over everyone involved. After a while, I was even using mutliple characters in them.

On topic though, I'm glad for the change in general. Flying Domis was getting boring and I have only been here for a month =p

it's not bullshit, and how "difficult" incursion are has NO RELEVANCE to this discussion, or thread. it's a fact that there are more things to do in an incursion than assigning your drones to the drone bunny.

once again, cfc members attacking arguments that haven't been made in order to whine about whatever it is they've been told to whine about this month.

when it comes to this topic it really is telling that the only people whining, and posting irrelevant arguments to facilitate whining have pretty much exclusively been from the cfc.

Read my whole post.

i did, and the difficulty of incursions still has no relevance to this thread.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#867 - 2014-02-08 14:16:07 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:

it sure doesn't, which is why you were crying about how much harder those incursions are going to be

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Dave Stark
#868 - 2014-02-08 14:33:43 UTC
Andski wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

it sure doesn't, which is why you were crying about how much harder those incursions are going to be

considering i haven't mentioned the difficulty of incursions once... yeah, sure buddy.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#869 - 2014-02-08 14:35:16 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:

"i didn't actually say that thing that i said"

Dave Stark
#870 - 2014-02-08 14:37:53 UTC
Andski wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

"i didn't actually say that thing that i said"

and that isn't a comment on the difficulty of incursions.

try again, please, your flailing and crying is actually hilarious.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#871 - 2014-02-08 14:40:36 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:

you confused me with the incursion runners crying about how they'll need another TWO drone triggers in their 30-man gangs and crying about how they're being neglected to improve the gameplay in the areas that actually matter

Dave Stark
#872 - 2014-02-08 14:42:13 UTC
Andski wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

you confused me with the incursion runners crying about how they'll need another TWO drone triggers in their 30-man gangs and crying about how they're being neglected to improve the gameplay in the areas that actually matter

i haven't confused you with anyone. you are trying to argue points that haven't been made, with quotes that don't apply.

it isn't a whine about having extra drone triggers, we're asking a perfectly valid question of "why did rise say one thing, and do another?"
Gawain Edmond
Khanid Bureau of Industry
#873 - 2014-02-08 14:44:41 UTC
Harvey James wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Harvey James wrote:

so aren't the CSM at all concerned with the frigate abuse of drone assist?

No we aren't. Not even slightly.

WOW!!! so you think a condor controlling the alpha of 50 sentries with a lock time of what 2 secs is balanced?

if you can't get away from a condor that has 50 sentries to control then you'd be dead even if he didn't have 50 sentries and just 10 other people to kill you with
Arsine Mayhem
Doomheim
#874 - 2014-02-08 15:00:18 UTC
Sort Dragon wrote:
We went through alot with ccp for this. And for now this is a good change.

Yea, lots of crying done on this one.

shebu wrote:
BB N3

And this is what it's all about.
Celly S
Neutin Local LLC
#875 - 2014-02-08 15:40:10 UTC
Fix Sov wrote:
Sheeana Harb wrote:
I, as an incursioner, am concerned that 50 drone limit will (without any doubt) negatively affect my experience

Is having to do something yourself in an incursion a bad thing, now?

That statement right there indicates a total lack of clue

maybe you should go find one before posting again.

as one of the original TDF FCs (on another account of course) I can state that there is plenty to do in an incursion even if you have assigned drones to the drone bunny.

o/
Just saying.
Celly Smunt

Don't mistake fact for arrogance, supposition for fact, or disagreement for dismissal. Perception is unique in that it can be shared or singular. Run with the pack if you wish, but think for yourself. A sandwich can be a great motivator.

Tri Vetra
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#876 - 2014-02-08 15:46:12 UTC
Arsine Mayhem wrote:
And this is what it's all about.

"Drone assist nerf is the only reason CFC was able to win B-R5"
-- Pubbie consensus a month from now.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#877 - 2014-02-08 15:55:26 UTC
Celly S wrote:
as one of the original TDF FCs (on another account of course) I can state that there is plenty to do in an incursion even if you have assigned drones to the drone bunny.

ctrl-click

shoot

yes there is so much to do, so little time

Celly S
Neutin Local LLC
#878 - 2014-02-08 15:58:24 UTC
Andski wrote:
Celly S wrote:

ctrl-click

shoot

LOL, maybe you can help him in his search?... find 2 even...

this is without even mentioning that the whole "bash on incursion runners and anyone else who doesn't play my way" thing isn't even the point of the thread or the feedback.

o/
Celly Smunt.

Don't mistake fact for arrogance, supposition for fact, or disagreement for dismissal. Perception is unique in that it can be shared or singular. Run with the pack if you wish, but think for yourself. A sandwich can be a great motivator.

Dave Stark
#879 - 2014-02-08 16:30:04 UTC
Andski wrote:
Celly S wrote:

ctrl-click

shoot

and blobbing people is so much different. i'm sure.
Mike Voidstar
Voidstar Free Flight Foundation
#880 - 2014-02-08 16:35:36 UTC
This seems arbitrary.

Drones don't need bandwidth to assist someone other than their mothership. They are AI controlled smart weapons. That's why they have to be individually Ewar-ed.

That said, rather than a hard number like this, why not limit it by hull. Add a stat to the hull for for outside communications. The more friendly 'bandwidth' you have, the more you can have assisting you.

Command Ships and Capitals, and maybe the ewar focused ships would have a lot of this bandwidth, while smaller ships and those less focused on communications would have much less.

This could be used for other things too, like setting up a second set of targeting for friendly ships for use in Logisitics, monitoring watch lists, etc..