These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Need some motivation

Author
Plastic Psycho
Necro-Economics
#21 - 2014-01-27 15:23:48 UTC
No target shooting this weekend. Straight Still sick, plus snow & wind don't make for best conditions.
Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#22 - 2014-01-27 15:43:01 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:
So I'm sitting at work and have a splitting headache. It doesn't seem like any amount of coffee is helping. I'm a Systems Analyst and have a great deal of contact with end users. Unfortunately, it's like a parade of stupid today and my patience is just shot.

I'm tempted to just GTFO but I've got work to do.

Please help!

60% of all people in the western civilization are happy, the rest doesn't have enough money for drugs and booze.

I think we both know what you have to do know. Cool

Stupidity should be a bannable offense.

Fighting back is more fun than not.

Sticky: AFK Cloaking Thread It's not pretty, but it's there.

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#23 - 2014-01-27 16:43:18 UTC
Plastic Psycho wrote:
No target shooting this weekend. Straight Still sick, plus snow & wind don't make for best conditions.

Get well soon Psycho!

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

Ria Nieyli
Nieyli Enterprises
SL33PERS
#24 - 2014-01-27 16:48:54 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
I don't really have any "immediate" advice, sorry.

This is part of growing up and persevering forward through whatever is going on, no matter how unpleasant.

This is called being an adult. And it's sometimes not easy at all.

I've been an adult long enough. Can't I just take a break and be a kid again even for a day?

Also confirming that the worst part about going to work is putting on pants.

Coffee usually makes headaches worse. That's one of the reasons I don't drink the damn stuff.

Also, you should look into wearing skirts/dresses. They can be much more comfortable than pants.
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#25 - 2014-02-06 14:56:19 UTC
So today, I came in to work a little early and got a bunch of stuff done. Now I have nothing to do until something breaks or people can't sort out the difference between Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat.

So, I decided to mess with my boss.

I told him to give me a raise and he told me he would give me 2 goats.

Since then I have discovered that goats sell for ~$155.00/head AND have gotten my other co-workers to send him emails and IMs saying, "If he gets goats I WANT GOATS!"

This is what happens when System Analysts have too much time on their hands.

I'm going to find more people to mess with.

Exitosus Tentationem
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2014-02-06 15:25:02 UTC
What? No pointy sticks or shiny pebbles?
Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#27 - 2014-02-06 17:21:06 UTC
Ria Nieyli wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:

This is part of growing up and persevering forward through whatever is going on, no matter how unpleasant.

I've been an adult long enough. Can't I just take a break and be a kid again even for a day?

Coffee usually makes headaches worse. That's one of the reasons I don't drink the damn stuff.

Also, you should look into wearing skirts/dresses. They can be much more comfortable than pants.

How about a utility kilt? One of my friends was all hyped-up and enthusiastic about these for a while. He predicted that they'd become the standard wear for active things like hiking, fishing, home repair jobs. "I never want to wear pants again!"
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#28 - 2014-02-06 18:25:14 UTC
Co-worker: I am having trouble getting PCs to load the image from the network.

Me: I'm not having any trouble. My guess is that you're having trouble because you're dumb.

Trolling my co-workers. \o/

Plastic Psycho
Necro-Economics
#29 - 2014-02-06 21:24:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Plastic Psycho
Khergit Deserters wrote:
Ria Nieyli wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:

How about a utility kilt? One of my friends was all hyped-up and enthusiastic about these for a while. He predicted that they'd become the standard wear for active things like hiking, fishing, home repair jobs. "I never want to wear pants again!"

Utili-kilts are for wannabes.
Get a proper kilt, sewn by a razor-tongued little old Scottish granny. You can do formal, semi-formal, casual, or even athletic, all in the same garmet.

If you're not Scots or Irish, you can always wear the Black Watch tartan - which looks pretty sharp.
Brujo Loco
Brujeria Teologica
#30 - 2014-02-07 18:58:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Brujo Loco
I wasnt exactly a Systems Analyst , but I had once access to the DHCP Server of the whole Office , and on days like yours, I usually managed to do this and enjoy myself off others

To this day, every single time I hear the Drive OST I smile Pirate

Inner Sayings of BrujoLoco: http://eve-files.com/sig/brujoloco

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#31 - 2014-02-07 20:59:21 UTC
Brujo Loco wrote:
I wasnt exactly a Systems Analyst , but I had once access to the DHCP Server of the whole Office , and on days like yours, I usually managed to do this and enjoy myself off others

To this day, every single time I hear the Drive OST I smile Pirate

Hahahahahahaha!!!

Previous page12