These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dedaf's industrial tool

Author
Ninde Surion
Kinetic Vector
Coalition of the Unfortunate
#401 - 2014-01-30 15:09:59 UTC
Hi Dedaf,

This is an absolutely fantastic tool and thank you for all your efforts and making it accessible. It's making to everyone.

A few requests on wish lists because I'm cheeky.....

1) Would it be possible to also include the 5% and 10% ore variants as well?
2) Would it possible for it to take what you have from your assets list of your API key rather than having to manually enter them?
3) I couldn't find Drone Damage Amplifier I in the blue print list for T1 Production? Sometimes the categories make it easy to find blue prints other times you're hunting around trying to find them would be be possible to be able to type them in as well as pick them from the look up lists?
4) For the productions sales costs is it possible to take into account sales tax and brokers fees? Or if not put a little statement at the top of pages where they are not taken into account. Especially if you're adding them for Capital etc?
5) Is it possible to have a blueprint tab for those industrialist who are trying to make money from reaching and copying blue prints to sell. So you can keep track of the cost of the BPO, the costs of copying, and the research costs against the cost of selling the BPC's. If not can you increase the number of blueprints you can keep in the lists for the production tabs? As if you have more than say 20 T1 productions BPO's it is pain to keep track of them separately etc.
6) Is it possible to fill in mineral amounts and planetary goods etc held form the assets list of the API key?
7) Would it be possible to have a tab which lists all your assets from the assets list and gives you what the reprocessed minerals would be and what the current avg isk price for selling the assets or reprocessing? As to help with the decision about what to do with loot but if you operate in high sec mega is in limited supply so know what to reprocess for that mineral vs buying could be quite valuable.

Thank-you so much for everything you've done with this and sorry if the above list seems ungrateful.
Ninde Surion
Kinetic Vector
#402 - 2014-01-30 15:16:13 UTC
Final question I've been using 16.1. I've down loaded the latest version: 16.2.1a how can I import my data from one to the other without having to manually re-enter it?
Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#403 - 2014-01-30 18:17:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Dedaf
First i just want to make it clear that this sheet does not work in openOffice, as I see some of your questions sounds like you are unable to use the backup and update keys.

Ninde Surion wrote:
Hi Dedaf,

This is an absolutely fantastic tool and thank you for all your efforts and making it accessible. It's making to everyone.

A few requests on wish lists because I'm cheeky.....

1) Would it be possible to also include the 5% and 10% ore variants as well?
A. Im guessing you are talking about the Mining sheet? use the dropdown menu, there you will find all the ingame ore.

2) Would it possible for it to take what you have from your assets list of your API key rather than having to manually enter them?
B. Again I'm guessing you are talking about the Mining sheet? I guess it could be done, but i would need to change the tool completely and i like to keep the tool nice and simple. Another problem is that the API does not update so fast, sometime up to 6 hours. So you woulnt get a very good mining result.

3) I couldn't find Drone Damage Amplifier I in the blue print list for T1 Production? Sometimes the categories make it easy to find blue prints other times you're hunting around trying to find them would be be possible to be able to type them in as well as pick them from the look up lists?
C. The Drone Damage Amplifier seems to be missing or have been renamed. I will make sure you can finde it under Drones - > Drone Upgrades. In the next version.
Its a good idea to allow you to type the name yourself, I will make sure you can do that in the next version. Thanks

4) For the productions sales costs is it possible to take into account sales tax and brokers fees? Or if not put a little statement at the top of pages where they are not taken into account. Especially if you're adding them for Capital etc?
D. This is already an option for Capital and Jump freighters from Version16.2

5) Is it possible to have a blueprint tab for those industrialist who are trying to make money from reaching and copying blue prints to sell. So you can keep track of the cost of the BPO, the costs of copying, and the research costs against the cost of selling the BPC's. If not can you increase the number of blueprints you can keep in the lists for the production tabs? As if you have more than say 20 T1 productions BPO's it is pain to keep track of them separately etc.
E. I do not have this kind of tool yet, but i will think about it, and who knows maybe i will add it sometime in the future. Thanks

6) Is it possible to fill in mineral amounts and planetary goods etc held form the assets list of the API key?
F. Not sure which tool you are referring to?

7) Would it be possible to have a tab which lists all your assets from the assets list and gives you what the reprocessed minerals would be and what the current avg isk price for selling the assets or reprocessing? As to help with the decision about what to do with loot but if you operate in high sec mega is in limited supply so know what to reprocess for that mineral vs buying could be quite valuable.
G. not sure how useful this would be compared to the time i would have to spend building it :) but thanks for submitting your ideas.

8) Final question I've been using 16.1. I've down loaded the latest version: 16.2.1a how can I import my data from one to the other without having to manually re-enter it?
H. This is what makes me think you are not using Excel. As you have backup and restore keys in all the production tools. However it could be that you haven't selected the right drive to save the backup files, or to restore from? So please check in the Data sheet, that you have typed in the right directory, where your backup files are located.

I have added my answers to your questions above, with the letters A to H, i hope that help you.

Thank you for submitting your questions and ideas
Dedaf

Want to know what is best to mine or build at which cost? then try out Dedaf's Industrial Tool http://dedafsindustrialtool.blogspot.dk/

Ninde Surion
Kinetic Vector
#404 - 2014-01-30 18:55:59 UTC
Thanks for taking the time to respond.
I've tried with both excel 2010 and excel 2013
Don't worry I'll cut and paste.
Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#405 - 2014-01-31 11:52:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Dedaf
Johnnyfizzle83 wrote:
I noticed the new Hybrid Polymer amounts have not been updated http://puu.sh/6DJtb.png

Thanks, i have corrected it in the newly uploaded version

Ninde Surion wrote:
Hi Dedaf,

This has been corrected and added in the new version.

New version 16,2,4

Want to know what is best to mine or build at which cost? then try out Dedaf's Industrial Tool http://dedafsindustrialtool.blogspot.dk/

Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#406 - 2014-01-31 12:54:02 UTC
Ninde Surion wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to respond.
I've tried with both excel 2010 and excel 2013
Don't worry I'll cut and paste.

Sounds like you have disabled the macro function in your Excel or storing the file on C:\
Try to see if the FAQ 6 or 8 can help you get it working for you.

Johnnyfizzle83
Nehalem Inc.
#407 - 2014-02-04 04:59:44 UTC
Recheck Hybrid Polymer Numbers Carbon-86 Epoxy Resin is off by a factor of 10. Others Unknown

http://puu.sh/6Jm8Q.png Neurotoxin Control is the proper skill not Nanite Control
Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#408 - 2014-02-04 12:02:34 UTC
Johnnyfizzle83 wrote:
Recheck Hybrid Polymer Numbers Carbon-86 Epoxy Resin is off by a factor of 10. Others Unknown

http://puu.sh/6Jm8Q.png Neurotoxin Control is the proper skill not Nanite Control

Ones again thanks for your sharp eyes.
This has been corrected in the new version 16.2.6

Slade Fox
The Environmental Management Team
#409 - 2014-02-05 02:23:52 UTC
Thank's for the awesome tool. I've been using it for years now mainly for T3 production. I just got latest version (16.2.6) and I can't figure out where to put my stock of T3 materials. I tried entering in the data sheet but it doesn't transfer the data to the T3 sheet. What am I missing? Thanks.
Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#410 - 2014-02-05 03:12:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Dedaf
Slade Fox wrote:
Thank's for the awesome tool. I've been using it for years now mainly for T3 production. I just got latest version (16.2.6) and I can't figure out where to put my stock of T3 materials. I tried entering in the data sheet but it doesn't transfer the data to the T3 sheet. What am I missing? Thanks.

The data sheet is only for entering your own price information.
From version 16.1, the tool are using the API asset import. So you need to change your API key, to include the asset, that way the in stock material will be updated automatically.
Check out FAQ 5 on how to configure the API key

Alenn G'kar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#411 - 2014-02-05 16:08:38 UTC
Hey Dedaf when did you changed quantity or formula on Hemorphite and Hedbergite cuz I have noticed in v.15 one glitch. Price per unit still isnt correct, here is proof http://prntscr.com/2pqupd
Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#412 - 2014-02-05 17:57:03 UTC
Alenn G'kar wrote:
Hey Dedaf when did you changed quantity or formula on Hemorphite and Hedbergite cuz I have noticed in v.15 one glitch. Price per unit still isnt correct, here is proof http://prntscr.com/2pqupd

Hi Alenn
Very nicely spotted, it seems that this has been a fault ever since the two ore types had the mineral composition changed back in May 2010!
I have fixed it now and it will be in the next release.

Thanks

Slade Fox
#413 - 2014-02-06 16:03:18 UTC
Dedaf wrote:
Slade Fox wrote:

From version 16.1, the tool are using the API asset import. So you need to change your API key, to include the asset, that way the in stock material will be updated automatically.

I'm not sure this will work with my hanger division in the wormhole POS. Am I wrong?
Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#414 - 2014-02-06 16:08:27 UTC
Slade Fox wrote:
Dedaf wrote:
Slade Fox wrote:

I'm not sure this will work with my hanger division in the wormhole POS. Am I wrong?

It should, as your tower and hangar still have an ID number, the only thing that could be missing, is the system name. In that case it will just be listed ad POS hangar +ID number. But the items should still show up.

Slade Fox
#415 - 2014-02-06 17:14:16 UTC
Dedaf wrote:
Slade Fox wrote:
Dedaf wrote:
Slade Fox wrote:

It should, as your tower and hangar still have an ID number, the only thing that could be missing, is the system name. In that case it will just be listed ad POS hangar +ID number. But the items should still show up.

Nice, I got it now. Thanks for the help.
Dancin Queen
Doomheim
#416 - 2014-02-07 18:48:20 UTC
So on the compression tab, I am not sure if I am not understanding it, or if it's a bug. But there are multiple rows that I can select multiple mods to compress with. Then in the cargo section, there are multiple rows so that I might have multiple modules being compressed and shipped at same time.

Kind of like I see on this post: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=44782#post44782
Quote:
Aeon ME3
425mm railgun 0
800mm Repeating Artillery 7.458
Infrared XL -
Inferno Citadel Torpedo [100] 1.295
Fusion XL[100] 33.153
Mjolnir Citadel Torpedo [100] 916
Megacyte 176.238
Zydrine 610.993
Nocxium 2.130.378

Is that not how it is supposed to work? Allowing for multiple compression types per calculation? If not, why are there multiple rows in the cargo area? Or what am I not doing to make it work right?

Thanks for your help. Love the tool.
Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#417 - 2014-02-08 10:44:09 UTC
Hi Dancin Queen
I don't think there is a bug or that you are doing anything wrong.
From all the test that I have done, I have never ever had the tool select more than 4 different Blueprint for the compression. However it does not mean that using 4 different blueprints will give you a more optimal compression. Infact what i have found is that 1 or max 2 different blueprints can give you a very high compression with a very low loss of minerals.
The calculations behind the tool compression and the way it chooses the best blueprint, is a bit complex to explain. I am currently working on a manual, to try and explain how to optimize the compression.

I haven't looking in to how Sinqlaison got to the amount and type of BP, that he is using, but the numbers a pretty fixed in his examples, like station, skills, ME and minerals needed.
My tool is not fixed to any specific station refining, BP ME, production skill, refining skill or amount of minerals needed/missing, therefore you will know exactly how much you need with the selected character.

Here is an example for you to try with the Aron ME3.
In my list of blueprint i have the following (all at ME100 or more)
Bastion Module I
Multifrequency XL
Infrared XL
Fusion XL
Inferno Citadel Torpedo
800mm Repeating Artillery I
1400mm Howitzer Artillery I

To make it more clear what the tool does, i choose a transport ship with 39.000m3 (more efficient would be freighter)

The outcome from this is the following:
Quote:
To be build and hauled:
800mm Repeating Artillery I *16.106
Infrared XL *15.831
Multifrequency XL *2.511

11 hauls out
18hauls back
(total hauls 56)

9,4Bill in excess minerals, after producing the Aron.
-18mill in loss of minerals, when refining the items.

That is not really optimal, as you need to move almost 50% more minerals than you need for the production, and need to do a lot more hauls back, afterwards.

So how to optimize this.

In the column F7-F13 you have the option to select or deselect each mineral type.
For the given example above you should de-select the compression of Nocx and Zyd.

This will bring you down to:
Quote:
To be build and hauled:
800mm Repeating Artillery I *16.106
Multifrequency XL *271
Nocx *625.108
Zyd. *607.732

11 hauls out
13 hauls back
(total hauls 46)

2,8Bill in excess minerals, after producing the Aron. (6,6Bill less than before)
-8,9mill in loss of minerals, when refining the items. (9,1M less than before)

You could also choose not to us the 800mm Repeating Artillery I, but use the 1400mm Howitzer Artillery I instead.
On each Blueprint, you have a check box, to select or de-select the blueprint from being used for compression.

now using the 1400mm Howitzer Artillery I and again removing the marker from the mineral Nocx and Zyd, will give you the following outcome:

Quote:
To be build and hauled:
1400mm Howitzer Artillery I *9.661
Infrared XL *3.548
Nocx *315.114
Zyd. *468.973

13 hauls out
16 hauls back
(total hauls 56)

2,1Bill in excess minerals, after producing the Aron. (7,3Bill less than at first)
-7,5mill in loss of minerals, when refining the items. (10,5M less than at first)

Personally i like to use the Bastion Module I, as I found, it gives a more exact mineral amount after reprocessing, but you might need a few more hauls out, but often a lot less hauls back.

In this example i choose not to compress Mex, nocx & zyd
Quote:
To be build and hauled:
Bastion Module I *2829
Multifrequency XL *89
Inferno Citadel Torpedo *1131
Mex. *3.091.191
Nocx. *1.177.314
Zyd. *134.812

16 hauls out
11 hauls back
(total hauls 52)

230Mill in excess minerals, after producing the Aron. (9,1Bill less than at first)
-5,2mill in loss of minerals, when refining the items. (12,8M less than at first)

one thing my example above does not take in to account is the price of fuel for jump freighter, this can be a big factor if you need to do a lot of hauls.

I hope this makes the thoughts behind the tool a bit more clear?
If not, then you are always welcome to contact me in-game, also keep an eye out for an update of the manual, as the next version will have a guide for the compression tool.

Dancin Queen
Doomheim
#418 - 2014-02-08 18:04:57 UTC
That does help a lot. I wasn't getting multiple items but I just didn't have enough of the rows filled out.

I do have a question about fields O9 & O20. What is Base Yield and We Take?
Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#419 - 2014-02-08 18:15:12 UTC
Dancin Queen wrote:
That does help a lot. I wasn't getting multiple items but I just didn't have enough of the rows filled out.

I do have a question about fields O9 & O20. What is Base Yield and We Take?

Base yield is the stations ability to reprocess
We take is the Station tax
You will find the exact same names in-game, if you try to reprocess an item.

Dedaf
United Brothers Of Eve
#420 - 2014-02-10 08:49:29 UTC
Just uploaded the latest version 16.3.1 and a new manual 1,9,7, that includes a guide for the compression tool.