These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Prophecy/Maller

Author
Kent Reeves
#1 - 2011-09-10 17:28:58 UTC
Suggesting to see the Prophecy and Maller become missile based since there really aren't enough T1 missile ships for Amarr, in my opinion. If you look at the Amarr T2 ships you'll see a strong representation of missile ships but before you can be effective in them you have to cross-train weapons. By making more T1 options available players can choose a different weapon platform and focus on it to be more effective at lower SP/earlier in their game-life.
Hirana Yoshida
Behavioral Affront
#2 - 2011-09-10 18:28:08 UTC
There aren't "enough" because Amarr is guns, guns, guns .. it is NRA in space Lol

Only the Khanid boats and the token frigate has missiles as primary weapons, it is kind of the theme of the race as a whole to have guns everywhere ..

Adding missiles to the bricks adds nothing of value to racial flavour or Eve in general. I'd go so far as to say that missiles on Amarr should be toned down some: Khanids should have the ability to chose what weapon they want to use by tweaking the slots/bonuses.
Short range missiles are pretty to watch but have such narrow target opportunities that they are largely useless - which leads to Khanids being used as bricked bait boats if at all.
tankus2
HeartVenom Inc.
#3 - 2011-09-10 20:57:40 UTC
Close Quarters Missiles (CQM) need to be revamped if Amarrian missile ships are going to take off more than novelties or mission vessels. I'll take the missile revamps off to another thread (or do a search to see if one already exists), but for the Amarrian missile fiends, they need to have speed on their side along with armor. Reducing other aspects (shields/hull hitpoints, cargo/drone bay size, maybe less sensor strength?) would be needed to balance a speedier Khanid vessel that can still tank with the best of its class. Perhaps giving it a bonus to velocity gained from afterburners?

The idea is to have so small of a sig radius that even 200 arty-tempests can't hit you hard as you zip into their ranks with thirty others at 1.5km/s. Once drones come into play and/or point-blank arty fire, you'd still have an armor tank that makes any Abandon proud. Yum.

Where the science gets done

Elindreal
Planetary Interactors
#4 - 2011-09-11 05:22:05 UTC
Amarr missile bonus' generally only apply to unguided missiles. This level of specialization makes it more of a flavour rather than an alternate damage platform.

Unless they expand T2 ship bonus' to span both guided and unguided missiles, I see no point in coaxing people down this path until they have enough SP to consider it.
Sir Substance
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2011-09-11 08:54:40 UTC
D'ya know guys, I just don't think there are enough t1 caldari laser ships. I suggest we remake the moa as a laser ship.

What?

The beatings will continue until posting improves. -Magnus Cortex

Official Eve Online changelist: Togglable PvP. - Jordanna Bauer

Scorpionidae
#6 - 2011-09-11 10:48:44 UTC
Sir Substance wrote:
D'ya know guys, I just don't think there are enough t1 caldari laser ships. I suggest we remake the moa as a laser ship.

What?

LOL! The Moa is already a great Laser ship!

Scorpionidae Big smile

Every Day I be Trolling