These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Online: Rubicon 1.1 Issues Thread

First post
Author
ButtFungus
SOONWAFFE
#621 - 2014-02-05 04:27:28 UTC
Darkblad wrote:
BrokenBC wrote:
impli wrote:
seems to be an issue with the actually used dx11 renderer ... DX9 runs just fine for me .. using 6870.. with latest driver etc..

Please fix it .. I also want to use dx11 again :P

This^^^^^^^ Are CCP even working on the dx 11 bug? It sure would be nice if my brand new card didn't have to run in 2007 mode.

A patch for (part?) of this issue is expected this week (was expected for yesterday. Until then just imagine you were under DX11. There's no visual difference anyway.

So, you say that CCP made the game unplayable for thousands of users for nothing. Users will see no difference between DX9 and DX11 but CCP put it in anyway and borked thousands of machines.

I now wish I was Kali so I could do a quadruple face-palm
Deckard Stern
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#622 - 2014-02-05 07:21:01 UTC
Sobaan Tali wrote:
Deckard Stern wrote:
Elric Cole wrote:
Daimkake wrote:
What the others said, and I mostly miss the rockets/missiles smoke trail. Where did it go?!
Can you please bring back the nice smoky trails? :)
Also, shield hardeners are no longer glowing(invul field), the shield booster still glow tho.

And yes, the graphics isnt that good anymore, I have all settings on max and the look of everything turned pixy.

This for us missile boats!
Torpedoes, missiles and rockets are all missing smoke trails.
Can this be fixed?

CCP, 2 patches for 1.1 now and still no mention of (or fix for) the missing smoke trails for EVERY missile in the game. What's going on? Please fix our missile smoke trails.

You have "Effects" disabled in your graphics settings, I'll bet. Well, seems CCP decided to give you a choice; either turn effects on and deal with the ****** clouds from deadspace pockets (but keep engine/missile trails, tank effects, etc.) or turn it off and no more ****** clouds (but you lose out on the aforementioned effects).

Effects are turned on

I have toggled things on and off and nothing brings smoke trails back

I have everything turned on now (the way it was before 1.1) and still no smoke trails

It is maddening
William Prospero
Goosery Galore
#623 - 2014-02-05 08:51:45 UTC  |  Edited by: William Prospero
Rekkr Nordgard wrote:
Ever since the last patch, I've been having really bad issues with the game skipping. It's like a buffering video; fast, then slow, fast, then slow, fast, then slow - every other second, it's really really annoying.

I'm getting something similar if I'm running another graphics intensive DX11 application at the same time. I can't remember that it was like that before. DX9 seems much less affected, so I'm sticking with that.

I have a 7950, btw.
Bloody Pulp
Impractical Jokers
#624 - 2014-02-05 14:32:35 UTC
I have just done the last patch and now the loader will not come up at all with WINE. Any suggestions?
xn0nam3x
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#625 - 2014-02-05 16:25:44 UTC  |  Edited by: xn0nam3x
Same thing - launcher wont load after latest patch. After running repair.exe and restart eve launcher got exception:

Quote:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "launcher.py", line 117, in main
File "lib\controller.pyo", line 121, in __init__
File "wx\lib\pubsub\pubsub1\pub.pyo", line 750, in sendMessage
File "wx\lib\pubsub\pubsub1\pub.pyo", line 423, in sendMessage
File "wx\lib\pubsub\pubsub1\pub.pyo", line 261, in sendMessage
File "lib\controller.pyo", line 126, in OnInit
File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 98, in load_module
ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading steamapi.pyd

P. S. I use Windows 8
xn0nam3x
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#626 - 2014-02-05 16:33:36 UTC
If someone experience such problems, try to launch

\launcher\appdata\EVE_Online_Launcher-2.1.655130.win32\launcher.exe

It helps me to run EVE.
Bloody Pulp
Impractical Jokers
#627 - 2014-02-05 16:50:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Bloody Pulp
Thanks xn0nam3x, but now the flashing of everything is driving be flippin' nuts!!!!!

any suggestions on that?Ugh

I'm running Ubuntu 13.10 (LINUX)
Red Jaime McAllister
Thunderdubbed
#628 - 2014-02-05 18:05:41 UTC
Had the same issue installing the patch update, the repair tool didn't work. Running the fix mentioned above, seeing how this goes.

It's either this or reinstall the entire application, apparently, which would be a nuisance.
Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#629 - 2014-02-05 20:37:12 UTC
Deckard Stern wrote:
Effects are turned on

I have toggled things on and off and nothing brings smoke trails back

I have everything turned on now (the way it was before 1.1) and still no smoke trails

It is maddening

Well...nvm, then. Sorry, have been taking a few days break from Eve. Man, the list just keeps piling up.

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Murkar Cesaille
The Alabaster Albatross
Unreasonable Bastards
#630 - 2014-02-05 22:22:11 UTC
Rekkr Nordgard wrote:
Ever since the last patch, I've been having really bad issues with the game skipping. It's like a buffering video; fast, then slow, fast, then slow, fast, then slow - every other second, it's really really annoying.

This describes exactly what I've been experiencing. Super annoying!!!

The update from today didn't fix it, either. Cry
Sobaan Tali
#631 - 2014-02-05 23:06:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Sobaan Tali
Yep, missile smoke trails are missing regardless of graphics settings/session change. Oddly, missiles still have the white exhaust flare that shows up directly behind a missile, but no smoke trail after that. Tanking graphics and engine trails are still there for me though.

Also, ditto on the frame stuttering. Eve has definitely gotten a little jittery it seems. At random moments, the frames will be fine. Then, if you encounter what would otherwise be expected frame lag, the game seems to go into a stutter fit. Really on and off.

I'm also getting weird UI flickering too. Might be because I use a modded overview XML because only the selected object labels flicker, nothing else.

PS, been using the dx9 setting only and haven't really touched the dx11 setting since it was really buggy for me when it was added.

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Deckard Stern
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#632 - 2014-02-06 04:34:11 UTC
Sobaan Tali wrote:
Yep, missile smoke trails are missing regardless of graphics settings/session change. Oddly, missiles still have the white exhaust flare that shows up directly behind a missile, but no smoke trail after that. Tanking graphics and engine trails are still there for me though.

Yep this is exactly what I'm experiencing.
Dun'Gal
Myriad Contractors Inc.
#633 - 2014-02-06 07:34:16 UTC
ButtFungus wrote:
Darkblad wrote:
BrokenBC wrote:
impli wrote:
seems to be an issue with the actually used dx11 renderer ... DX9 runs just fine for me .. using 6870.. with latest driver etc..

Please fix it .. I also want to use dx11 again :P

This^^^^^^^ Are CCP even working on the dx 11 bug? It sure would be nice if my brand new card didn't have to run in 2007 mode.

A patch for (part?) of this issue is expected this week (was expected for yesterday. Until then just imagine you were under DX11. There's no visual difference anyway.

So, you say that CCP made the game unplayable for thousands of users for nothing. Users will see no difference between DX9 and DX11 but CCP put it in anyway and borked thousands of machines.

To be fair while the graphics my look "the same" under either dx9 or dx11 I noticed a huge difference when I switched to DX11 once they enabled it. Performance increased, and the little graphics glitches in CQ dissapeared. Also that patch with the fix to AMD was released, but from the sounds of it, it doesn't sound like it helped fix things. Though some confirmation would be nice, are people who were experiencing crashes at gates, etc under DX11 still getting that/have you tried with DX11 yet? I'm afraid to myself for obvious reasons, though I suppose I could go roam in shuttles.....
Red Jaime McAllister
Thunderdubbed
#634 - 2014-02-06 20:02:07 UTC
Just an update. I still receive the below error when opening the regular EVE Launcher located in the same folder as eve.exe:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "launcher.py", line 117, in main
File "lib\controller.pyo", line 121, in __init__
File "wx\lib\pubsub\pubsub1\pub.pyo", line 750, in sendMessage
File "wx\lib\pubsub\pubsub1\pub.pyo", line 423, in sendMessage
File "wx\lib\pubsub\pubsub1\pub.pyo", line 261, in sendMessage
File "lib\controller.pyo", line 126, in OnInit
File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 98, in load_module
ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading steamapi.pyd

(Full error can be seen here.)

Using the repair tool doesn't seem to have any effect. It runs to completion but I still receive the same exception when running the correct launcher.

However, the launcher.exe located in CCP\EVE\launcher\appdata\EVE_Online_Launcher-2.1.655130.win32 seems to work fine, and I'm able to access the game through it.

I wanted to give a current update on this, as I'm not certain whether this will affect any aspects of gameplay, receiving updates pushed by CCP, et cetera.
Murkar Cesaille
The Alabaster Albatross
Unreasonable Bastards
#635 - 2014-02-06 21:32:47 UTC
The framerate thing was mostly fixed by todays update. Now I see "you cannot to warping" almost every time I warp, but it's much better than before.
Rekkr Nordgard
Steelforge Heavy Industries
#636 - 2014-02-07 01:08:28 UTC
Hopefully I'm not speaking too soon, but the latest update does appeared to have fixed the "Eve as a badly skipping video" issue for me as well. Much appreciated.
Sobaan Tali
#637 - 2014-02-07 02:52:00 UTC
Yeah, what ever was causing the stuttering seems to have been suppressed. Good job and thanks, CCP!

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

Michael Ruckert
Hohere Kavallerie-Kommando
#638 - 2014-02-07 05:37:10 UTC
Glad to hear some are seeing positive results after the latest patch.

When I come online and then undock, the station is highly pixelated and I get the frame "stuttering". Eventually everything freezes. I then force quit my computer and power it back up again. I then login to EVE. Now my ship is already undocked due to the force quit and the pixelation is much less as is the frame "stutter". After a few minutes everything stabilizes as I play the game.

So for me the two problems seem to happen undocking from station. Hope this helps you continue to resolve the problems CCP.

My computer info:

MacBook Pro
Version 10.6.8
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Graphics:

NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT:

Chipset Model: GeForce 8600M GT
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0407
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: 3175
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1440 x 900
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Display Connector:

"No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

Darkblad
Doomheim
#639 - 2014-02-09 11:25:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Darkblad
ButtFungus wrote:
Darkblad wrote:

Well, that's how it is, currently. CCP plans to add DX11 features in the future, but for now it's a test bed for wether it works - or not, as it was the case on the initial Release of Rubicon 1.1.
You may consider to change your want to be from Kali to Durga.
CCP Zorba wrote:
The change should be mostly unnoticeable, as our goal right now is to have a DX11 client that performs the same (performance, stability) as our DX9 client.
Source: http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/directx-11-in-eve/

NPEISDRIP

Mirthander Kane
Legion's Ruin
#640 - 2014-02-10 06:09:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Mirthander Kane
CCP Gargant wrote:

Known issues
The standing mechanic is currently not working as expected. This problem is investigated with high priority. - Fixed in Rubicon 1.1.1
Overheating a 'Target Spectrum Breaker' currently has no effect.
Shadow Faction Bomber and Shadow Serpentis Remote Sensor Dampener items are not listed in the Faction&Storyline market subgroup.
Wrecks looted by a Mobile Tractor Unit are invulnerable to missile fire.
In some very rare cases, the UI may disappear.
Salvage drones are not behaving as they should. - Fixed in Rubicon 1.1.1
The Gnosis BPO is missing its materials list.
The client crashes under some circumstances when running with DX 11.
War history is missing in the show info on a corporation. - Fixed in Rubicon 1.1.1
The show info window is not updating with the bonus adjusted stats from skills. This is only a display issue.
Station ambient sounds cannot be controlled with the 'World' slider in the audio settings.

WHY isnt the missing missile smoke trails on this bug list...?
If it is a bug, please mention it somewhere, instead of just ignoring it.
If it isn't a bug, then STATE it somewhere - dont just remove stuff and not list it anywhere... Evil