These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Forum Filters & Hide Locked Threads

First post
Author
indiana bones
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2014-02-04 02:14:47 UTC  |  Edited by: indiana bones
Following this post, making a thread about it here...

Would be handy if we could get some filters on the forums for things such as hiding locked threads.

Also, perhaps one for unread threads? I know they should be high/lowlighted but would just be of benefit as a filter as well. Obviously stickies etc would need to stay.

May add to this as more comes to me P
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#2 - 2014-02-05 00:27:36 UTC
For the record let it be noted this idea has the backing of at least two members of CCL. Here and here.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Dun'Gal
Myriad Contractors Inc.
#3 - 2014-02-05 00:29:32 UTC
Only if it auto filters out the posts of people who repeatedly post threads that get locked. Twisted Seriously though, this is a good idea.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#4 - 2014-02-05 00:39:42 UTC
For the record let it be noted this idea has the backing of at least one member of The Troll Bridge / General Discussion Militia. Here.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Sable Moran
Moran Light Industries
#5 - 2014-02-05 09:37:56 UTC
This one gets a like.

Needs implementing post haste but in a way that makes switching filters on and off easy. Sometimes reading the locked threads provide humor to alleviate the boredom of a humdrum work day.

Sable's Ammo Shop at Alentene V - Moon 4 - Duvolle Labs Factory. Hybrid charges, Projectile ammo, Missiles, Drones, Ships, Need'em? We have'em, at affordable prices. Pop in at our Ammo Shop in sunny Alentene.

Forum Enhancer
Doomheim
#6 - 2014-02-05 22:08:38 UTC
This is now an Eve Forums Gold feature! I hope it will tide you all over until CCP implements something like this for real (if they do it at all).

Eve Forums Gold! New aesthetics, features, and workarounds to make your forum experience a more enjoyable one!

Try it: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4159653