These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What would happen if CCP finally nerfed hisec?

First post First post
Author
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2261 - 2014-02-04 18:13:13 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:

I'm going to say this as nicely as I can. Since my opinion is of absolutely no value I'll once again step out of this discussion and the rest of you can impotently whine about whatever you want.

o/

Keep doing the experiment with the missions.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#2262 - 2014-02-04 23:04:59 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
I'm going to try to say (type?) this nicely because at least you seem like you want to know the truth. But the fact is you don't know enough about the subject matter to have an opinon

Jenn aSide wrote:
Sorry if this is harsh but you just don't have enough experience. I advise listening rather than opining.

I'm going to say this as nicely as I can. Since my opinion is of absolutely no value I'll once again step out of this discussion and the rest of you can impotently whine about whatever you want.

o/

Your call, EVE is big boy land, if you can't deal with the consequences of your mistakes, stop making them.

I'm simply telling you to stop jumping to unfounded conclusions (ie "lp is the problem") and instead spend the time listening.
Josef Djugashvilis
#2263 - 2014-02-04 23:05:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Josef Djugashvilis
I have no idea how many folk actually live and play in null-sec, but the very few regular forum null-sec whiners are just not a big enough representative sample to get CCP to alter the balance of the game to suit them.

If null-sec is so bad make a permanent home in hi-sec.

Many of us would welcome all those who have seen the light and want to come home.

No sov grinding, no ego wars, no cta's, no having to dock up when an unknown ship turns up, no TiDi, no need to be jealous of the ***isk per hour hi-sec folk earn when you can just go and earn it yourself.

Think how much better it would be for you, if you stop considering yourself as special snowflakes and just play Eve as a game to be enjoyed.

Oh, and best of all, you do not have to hate or feel jealous of any other group of players.

This is not a signature.

ashley Eoner
#2264 - 2014-02-04 23:33:14 UTC
I've seen thukker mentioned as being a high isk to LP but I'm not sure what people are buying with their LP to convert. Anyone know?
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#2265 - 2014-02-04 23:44:42 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Kimmi Chan wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
I'm going to try to say (type?) this nicely because at least you seem like you want to know the truth. But the fact is you don't know enough about the subject matter to have an opinon

Jenn aSide wrote:
Sorry if this is harsh but you just don't have enough experience. I advise listening rather than opining.

o/

Your call, EVE is big boy land, if you can't deal with the consequences of your mistakes, stop making them.

I'm simply telling you to stop jumping to unfounded conclusions (ie "lp is the problem") and instead spend the time listening.

It has nothing to do with a big boy land. It has to do with respect. I can deal with being told that I'm wrong. It doesn't bother me. But to tell someone who is trying to be reasonable that their opinion is not valued is simply disrepectful and makes you just a whining ****.

At this point, I don't give a ****. The game is fine the way it is and if it changes I'll do whatever the **** I want.

In the meantime Jenn, you should feel free to run outside and play hide and go **** yourself.

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

MatrixSkye Mk2
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#2266 - 2014-02-05 00:30:57 UTC  |  Edited by: MatrixSkye Mk2
Good post, Mara. And what you said is exactly the reason which leads me to believe not a lot of players are blitzing missions. Otherwise, you wouldn't see the times we see allotted to clear missions in order to earn the bonus. To my understanding, the bonus time adjusts itself in relation to the average it takes to complete the mission. For example, last time I checked, Worlds Collide has a bonus time of appx. 5.5 hrs.

*IF* blitzing missions is indeed causing a problem, then this is probably where CCP needs to look. But, after 100 pages there is still no proof to be had that '100 mil plus' is the 'norm', or that it is even sustainable. I shutter at the thought of logging in for even three hours just to blaze through missions; never mind doing it for days on end. I enjoy my time doing missions. But, that's just me.

Successfully doinitwrong™ since 2006.

Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#2267 - 2014-02-05 00:33:27 UTC
MatrixSkye Mk2 wrote:
Good post, Mara. And what you said is exactly the reason which leads me to believe not a lot of players are blitzing missions. Otherwise, you wouldn't see the times we see allotted to clear missions in order to earn the bonus. To my understanding, the bonus time adjusts itself in relation to the average it takes to complete the mission. For example, last time I checked, Worlds Collide has a bonus time of appx. 5.5 hrs.

*IF* blitzing missions is indeed causing a problem, then this is probably where CCP needs to look. But, after 100 pages there is still no proof to be had that '100 mil plus' is the 'norm', or that it is even sustainable. I shutter at the thought of logging in for even three hours just to blaze through missions; never mind doing it for days on end. I enjoy my time doing missions. But, that's just me.

Those times don't change....

.....and how the HELL do you waist 5 hours doing a worlds collide? Hell I can full clear a Blockade between bounty ticks, and that isn't fancy that is a 19mil toon with a T2 fit mostly.
Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#2268 - 2014-02-05 00:34:52 UTC
ashley Eoner wrote:
I've seen thukker mentioned as being a high isk to LP but I'm not sure what people are buying with their LP to convert. Anyone know?

Nomad implants.
MatrixSkye Mk2
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#2269 - 2014-02-05 00:36:26 UTC
Onictus wrote:

.....and how the HELL do you waist 5 hours doing a worlds collide? Hell I can full clear a Blockade between bounty ticks, and that isn't fancy that is a 19mil toon with a T2 fit mostly.

To my understanding, the times do change. And I didn't say I spend 5.5 hours doing WC. I can do it in less, much less. But it doesn't mean everyone else can either. Think new Lvl 4 mission runners.

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2270 - 2014-02-05 00:38:17 UTC
MatrixSkye Mk2 wrote:

Stoicfaux provided the proof there is evidence of ~100m isk/hr from highsec missions and I provided proof that ~70m isk/hr for drone hub ratting. All of this stuff has been provided but, you all don't read it and continue to scream as loud as you can that highsec is fine. The only one of you that even attempted to prove this was Kimmi the others are either terminally stupid or shitposting. There's been plenty of proof provided by the pro-nullsec crowd and yet all the pro-highsec crowd, aside from a select few, is scream incoherently.

If removing blitzing isn't enough then the other two ideas that haven't been addressed are stretching missions through multiple systems or adding high HP low isk/LP enemies to missions.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#2271 - 2014-02-05 00:39:33 UTC
MatrixSkye Mk2 wrote:
Onictus wrote:

To my understanding, the times do change. And I didn't say I spend 5.5 hours doing WC. I can do it in less, much less. But it doesn't mean everyone else can either. Think new Lvl 4 mission runners.

Oddly I've never paid attention, I think if they drifted I would have noticed at some point.

The completion times are long enough that I have docked up, halfway through a mission, went to dinner, stopped and had a couple drinks with a friend on the way home and STILL got the completion time bonus.

They are in no way indicative of actual completion times unless you are using an assualt frig or something silly like that.
MatrixSkye Mk2
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#2272 - 2014-02-05 00:42:40 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
Stoicfaux provided the proof there is evidence of ~100m isk/hr from highsec missions and I provided proof that ~70m isk/hr for drone hub ratting. All of this stuff has been provided but, you all don't read it and continue to scream as loud as you can that highsec is fine. The only one of you that even attempted to prove this was Kimmi the others are either terminally stupid or shitposting. There's been plenty of proof provided by the pro-nullsec crowd and yet all the pro-highsec crowd, aside from a select few, is scream incoherently.

If removing blitzing isn't enough then the other two ideas that haven't been addressed are stretching missions through multiple systems or adding high HP low isk/LP enemies to missions.

The problem, mister science teacher, is that you spend more time accusing others of not listening when you yourself don't listen and instead go on spouting 13-year-old mantra, like "pubbie" and such stuff.

I have no reason to doubt that Stoic indeed ran 34 missions to average 100+ mill. He provided evidence that it is indeed possible to achieve 100+. BUT, and here is where you fail or do not care to listen, that does not indicate that this is the norm or even sustainable, as has been claimed earlier in the thread.

Billy McCandless
Zacharia Explorations Group
#2273 - 2014-02-05 00:44:06 UTC
MatrixSkye Mk2 wrote:
boring waffle

entre tane mii u sleg

"Thread locked for being deemed a total loss." - ISD Ezwal

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2274 - 2014-02-05 00:44:55 UTC
MatrixSkye Mk2 wrote:

It doesnt matter if a lot of people don't do it, it matters because the people from null can do it and are doing it.

Its much like when we ran our ice interdictions. Everyone knew it was happening yet out of 600 killed macks not a single one had tanked their ship.

We have told you we are doing this, we have shown you that we can do this and we have told you how to do this. Yet people still continue trying to say its not happening. We have infact provided you with more evidence than we provided to CCP when we were abusing FW to make tens of billions.
MatrixSkye Mk2
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#2275 - 2014-02-05 00:46:56 UTC  |  Edited by: MatrixSkye Mk2
Onictus wrote:
Oddly I've never paid attention, I think if they drifted I would have noticed at some point.

The completion times are long enough that I have docked up, halfway through a mission, went to dinner, stopped and had a couple drinks with a friend on the way home and STILL got the completion time bonus.

They are in no way indicative of actual completion times unless you are using an assualt frig or something silly like that.

Well, I'm pretty sure they do, unless this has changed some where down the line within the past few months. Maybe someone else can confirm. But yes, I agree that for older, more experienced vets, the completion times are more than enough.

I'll admit that, using these times to 'measure' mission time averages is not reliable, but it's probably the best indication we have as to how long it's taking.

Flaming Forum Spammer
Doomheim
#2276 - 2014-02-05 00:54:11 UTC
CCP, please do for officer, sleeper and faction modules what you did for Meta 4 items -boost drop rates so prices go down the drain, it's not a sign of obscene wealth to have them and suicide ganking will be profitable only against haulers running solo.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2277 - 2014-02-05 00:55:14 UTC
MatrixSkye Mk2 wrote:
Onictus wrote:

Well, I'm pretty sure they do, unless this has changed some where down the line within the past few months. Maybe someone else can confirm. But yes, I agree that for older, more experienced vets, the completion times are more than enough.

I'll admit that, using these times to 'measure' mission time averages is not reliable, but it's probably the best indication we have as to how long it's taking.

Several hours at least. Only way to fail them is to forget to turn them in before you go to bed or work.
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#2278 - 2014-02-05 00:55:31 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Its much like when we ran our ice interdictions. Everyone knew it was happening yet out of 600 killed macks not a single one had tanked their ship.

That's a self-selecting sample set right there, unless you're also claiming that you killed every single Mackinaw you saw?

The issue isn't that 100M ISK/hr is possible, the issue for you null sec people is that you know someone who does it as their main form of income. A 100M ISK/hr income is not common. If everyone was blitzing missions, the missions wouldn't be worth as much as they are. Blitzing is only worth as much as it is because a small proportion of the mission runners blitz those missions.

If anyone wants to dispute this claim (that shorter completion times affect the mission rewards) just take a look at "Materials for War Preparation": the completion time listed is 15 minutes, it's worth very little apart from the implant.

So to you null sec folk: if you feel that the income is unbalanced and needs to be adjusted, there is a simple fix: come to hi sec and blitz the life out of hi sec missions. This will give you a high income, while simultaneously messing up the game for everyone else. It's win-win!

There is no time-to-complete adjustment for anomalies: you will get the same reward time after time regardless of how quickly or slowly you complete the site.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#2279 - 2014-02-05 00:56:46 UTC
La Nariz wrote:

Other than the small facts that get in the way.
Like Stoicfaux specifically said that 100m was an edge case and not the standard rate as it was reliant on a bunch of factors. And was done using a super bling ship.

And your 70m was actually 90-100m when done properly since you deliberately low balled it as much as possible, and were using a T2 fitted HAC instead. So if you had used the above super bling ship, your income while running would have been a lot higher. And if he had been using a T2 fitted HAC, his income would be lower.

And none of your 'Look at how we can play with individual isk/hr statistics to say what we want' has explained a thing about the gross income of a null player being approximately four times higher per capita pre ESS (So properly leveraged would now be five times higher) than the High Sec per capita income.
Null Earns more isk than high earns in combined isk & LP. Now with the ESS since Goons have taken all of 48 hours to work out how to use it safely, that is going to go up in Null.

So other than deliberately biased figures which don't count, nothing suggests High needs a Nerf in overall income levels.
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#2280 - 2014-02-05 00:56:51 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Several hours at least. Only way to fail them is to forget to turn them in before you go to bed or work.

Several days. You have seven days minus a few minutes to complete most missions. The six hours is the cutoff for the bonus rewards.