These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Petition: Start paying ISD LackOfFaith a salary

First post
Author
Apocryphal Noise
The Harpooner's Rest
#41 - 2014-02-04 08:06:25 UTC
Yea and I should be paid because I take part in all these big battles that gives CCP most of their free pr.
Victor Andall
#42 - 2014-02-04 09:00:13 UTC
Jill Chastot wrote:
<3 you guys must have some sickening stockholm syndrome

Reykjavik syndrome*

I just undocked for the first time and someone challenged me to a duel. Wat do?

19.08.2014 - Dinsdale gets slammed by CCP Falcon. Never forget.

Lord LazyGhost
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#43 - 2014-02-04 11:56:32 UTC
Diamond Zerg wrote:
Hi, first of all this is not a discussion about forum moderation— simply about the ISD CCL volunteers.

I think that CCL's like LackOfFaith who work so hard should definitely get paid a salary.
They do a lot of stuff for the community and it seems fair that they be rewarded somehow.

So come on CCP, send a few bucks their way! (No, I'm not a sock puppet of an ISD Big smile)

Anyone else agree with me?

Dont worry iam sure they will all get a scorp issue at some point like blink did...
BrundleMeth
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#44 - 2014-02-04 12:12:54 UTC
No...just no... no...
I Love Boobies
All Hail Boobies
#45 - 2014-02-04 12:29:58 UTC
Diamond Zerg wrote:
Hi, first of all this is not a discussion about forum moderation— simply about the ISD CCL volunteers.

I think that CCL's like LackOfFaith who work so hard should definitely get paid a salary.
They do a lot of stuff for the community and it seems fair that they be rewarded somehow.

So come on CCP, send a few bucks their way! (No, I'm not a sock puppet of an ISD Big smile)

Anyone else agree with me?

Look... It's ISD LackOfFaith's main! I know I would be clamoring for pay if it was me. Lol
Sable Moran
Moran Light Industries
#46 - 2014-02-04 13:58:18 UTC
Thead Enco wrote:
because "right clicking,lock" is actually doing "hard work"

When the 'lock a thread' process has reached that phase yeah 'right click, lock' is not hard work. But, before that phase is reached the thread needs to be read and a decision made what to do with it. And that is hard work, not physically of course but mentally for sure. I wonder how they put up with it (and us) year after year. They must really love Eve.

Sable's Ammo Shop at Alentene V - Moon 4 - Duvolle Labs Factory. Hybrid charges, Projectile ammo, Missiles, Drones, Ships, Need'em? We have'em, at affordable prices. Pop in at our Ammo Shop in sunny Alentene.

Qalix
Long Jump.
#47 - 2014-02-04 17:20:26 UTC
ISD Ezwal wrote:
On average there are between 4000 and 5000 new posts per day. And that is in a 'normal' week.
A small percentage of them gets reported, but those can be considered the tip of the Ice berg as some reports are on threads as a whole.

Yes its often hard work, yes we read most posts, no we don't get paid, yes we do it out of a genuine belief that what we do is for the betterment of EvE as a whole. As do ALL members of the various ISD divisions.

You're welcome....Big smile

the free accounts are probably nice too
Pok Nibin
Doomheim
#48 - 2014-02-04 19:21:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Pok Nibin
Since discussion of board management is prohibited, why isn't this thread locked?
Instead, an ISD joined in the discussion.

The right to free speech doesn't automatically carry with it the right to be taken seriously.

ISD LackOfFaith
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#49 - 2014-02-04 19:45:36 UTC
Pok Nibin wrote:
Since discussion of board management is prohibited, why isn't this thread locked?

Three ISDs by my count.

Also, comedic relief after a whole GD's worth of locked threads. Do you really want another locked thread?

ISD LackOfFaith

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to Eve Mail or anything other than the forums.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#50 - 2014-02-04 19:50:47 UTC
ISD LackOfFaith wrote:
Pok Nibin wrote:

Three ISDs by my count.

Also, comedic relief after a whole GD's worth of locked threads. Do you really want another locked thread?

Would you like one to lock?
IDGAD
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#51 - 2014-02-04 20:08:08 UTC
ISD LackOfFaith wrote:
Pok Nibin wrote:

Three ISDs by my count.

By the very nature of the ISD code, if you do not lock this thread, you are exhibiting favoritism while breaking the rules yourself. Demote ISD LackOfFaith :P
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#52 - 2014-02-04 20:33:07 UTC
ISD LackOfFaith wrote:
Pok Nibin wrote:

Three ISDs by my count.

Even ISDs are dirty blobbers.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Veronica Felix
Doomheim
#53 - 2014-02-04 20:33:14 UTC
ISD LackOfFaith wrote:
Pok Nibin wrote:

Three ISDs by my count.

Yes. Locking and other moderation should be fairly applied in accordance with the rules, and not your personal whimsy.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#54 - 2014-02-04 20:37:49 UTC
Pok Nibin wrote:

Good grief!

Their job is stupidly stupid. Let them have a little fun once in a while. It's the least we can do to cut them a little slack on that.

Mr Epeen Cool
ISD LackOfFaith
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#55 - 2014-02-04 21:37:54 UTC
Well, if you say so.

Thread locked.

ISD LackOfFaith

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to Eve Mail or anything other than the forums.

Previous page123