These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Highsec Hauling

Author
Ayeshah Volfield
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2014-02-03 05:17:35 UTC
Greetings, fellow capsuleers.

At the risk of being mocked, I need assistance at fitting my Mammoth, specially in light of all the ganking that has been going around.

I have used the following fit and have never been redboxed, though I feel it was strictly due to sheer luck:

[Mammoth, Fail Fit]

Damage Control II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Medium Shield Extender II

[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Medium Cargohold Optimization I

For reference, I need at least 7.5 to 8k cargo, to serve my goals and I do not autopilot.

Lastly, would I be better served with a Wreathe instead ?

Thank you in advance for any and all answers.

EVE is what happens when the rule of law does not apply and Darwinism is allowed to run freely.

Kurtz
Eldorado Exploration Expedition
#2 - 2014-02-03 05:43:48 UTC
Put a cloak in the high slot. Carry Nano-fibers and a couple warp core stabs. Fit expanders only when required, and only as many as needed to fit the load.
Kosetzu
The Black Crow Bandits
Northern Coalition.
#3 - 2014-02-03 06:37:46 UTC
Get a Blockade Runner maybe? Unscannable as well, should suit your needs pretty well.
Ayeshah Volfield
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2014-02-03 06:47:51 UTC
Kosetzu wrote:
Get a Blockade Runner maybe? Unscannable as well, should suit your needs pretty well.

I'm a month away from training for it (waiting on remap). Until then I can only use T1 Minmatar industrials as a cheap crutch.

EVE is what happens when the rule of law does not apply and Darwinism is allowed to run freely.

Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#5 - 2014-02-03 07:48:13 UTC
I think 6 Thrashers would pop you instantly for a cost of about 50m or one Tornado for about 100m.
Bertrand Butler
Cras es Noster
#6 - 2014-02-03 08:30:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Bertrand Butler
Since you are limited to T1 Minnie Industrials and work in HighSec, I really think that the wreathe platform is the best for your application.

[Wreathe, HSH]

Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Reactor Control Unit II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II

EM Ward Amplifier II
Thermic Dissipation Amplifier II
Kinetic Deflection Amplifier II
Large Shield Extender II
Experimental 10MN Microwarpdrive I

Improved Cloaking Device II
Core Probe Launcher II, Core Scanner Probe I

Medium Low Friction Nozzle Joints I
Medium Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer I

The above will give you 10330m3 with containers (8640 without) and 13.4k EHP omni. The resists are passive, so they will apply in a surprise alpha attack. Its 5.4AU/s warp speed helps a lot with trip turnaround times and will serve you well until you can afford a Blockade Runner. Cost is 15mil rigged and ready.

Remember to use docking/undocking bookmarks, limit the value of your cargo and always move with the MWD+cloak trick. If you are running high value-low volume items, a covops, intie or scout frigate is better.
Gunther Ultrabolt Novacrunch
Doomheim
#7 - 2014-02-03 22:09:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Gunther Ultrabolt Novacrunch
I don't mean to hijack a thread but I have similar question and would like to run my idea past you guys...

I run two accounts and need to transport high value, low volume items regularly 6 jumps in Hi-sec (nothing lower than .8).

What do you guys think of me running two of these Rokhs at a time, double buffered but swapping out the blasters w/ armor and shield reps? My thought being if they try to gank one I could rep with the other.

Damage Control II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
1600mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I

Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Photon Scattering Field II
Invulnerability Field II
Invulnerability Field II

Electron Blaster Cannon I, Antimatter Charge

Large Core Defence Field Extender I
Chamiidra
Ratting FTW
#8 - 2014-02-03 22:14:39 UTC
My suggestion would be to go with an Orca if you can afford it. It's quite a bit more difficult to suicide in high sec, and if you're not carrying cargo that makes it worth while you'll be left alone most likely.
Chamiidra
Ratting FTW
#9 - 2014-02-03 22:32:50 UTC
Gunther Ultrabolt Novacrunch wrote:
I don't mean to hijack a thread but I have similar question and would like to run my idea past you guys...

I run two accounts and need to transport high value, low volume items regularly 6 jumps in Hi-sec (nothing lower than .8).

What do you guys think of me running two of these Rokhs at a time, double buffered but swapping out the blasters w/ armor and shield reps? My thought being if they try to gank one I could rep with the other.

Damage Control II

Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Photon Scattering Field II
Invulnerability Field II
Invulnerability Field II

Faction/deadspace fit cov ops tengu
Doomheim
#10 - 2014-02-04 02:29:09 UTC
Chamiidra wrote:
My suggestion would be to go with an Orca if you can afford it. It's quite a bit more difficult to suicide in high sec, and if you're not carrying cargo that makes it worth while you'll be left alone most likely.

I can afford one, but haven't trained for it yet. How much do you think I could put in each Rokh as fitted and not be a prime target?
Iyokus Patrouette
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2014-02-04 02:47:09 UTC
If it is low volume but high value items a blockade runner would be the way to go. . generally though If you can limit the value of what you are hauling you become less of a target. because the losses won't be worth the potential gain from ganking you.

---- Advocate for the initiation of purple coloured wormholes----

Mara Pahrdi
The Order of Anoyia
#12 - 2014-02-04 07:30:28 UTC
Gunther Ultrabolt Novacrunch wrote:

If it's worth it and a regular trip, your gankers will be prepared. You'll also get tired of hauling with those battleships over time, especially since the warp changes.

I'd look for a solution in this order: Cloaky T3, blockade runner, cov ops frigs. And use the other account as scout.

Remove standings and insurance.

John Ratcliffe
Tradors'R'us
IChooseYou Alliance
#13 - 2014-02-04 08:01:04 UTC  |  Edited by: John Ratcliffe
An interesting thread. I was moving 500 Mil of loot around in my Tarya at the weekend when I was subject to a gank attempt from 2 Goon tossers in Vexxors. Oh how I laughed as I ran my 3 hardeners and watched them get blown to bits by Concord. That said, it shook me up enough to realise I had been very silly using a ship with so little EHP and no warp stabilisers. So, I sat down with EFT and came up with two fits. One is for high value, small items (like tags), the other for less valuable but bulkier cargo.

The Drake has 135,000 EHP. I just don't see anything chewing through that other than a significant gank group, and if you fly into one you deserve to lose your ship.

[Drake, High Sec Cargo Runner]
Warp Core Stabilizer II
Warp Core Stabilizer II
Reinforced Bulkheads II
Damage Control II

Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II

Light Missile Launcher II, Light Defender Missile I
[empty high slot]

Medium Core Defense Field Extender I

The Tayra has over 20,000 EHP. It should be enough to get away, but obviously any competent gankers will only have to sneeze at it to blow it up. Good for moving the Faction ammo I use in my Vargur.

[Tayra, PVE]
Warp Core Stabilizer I
Warp Core Stabilizer I
Reinforced Bulkheads II
Damage Control II

[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#14 - 2014-02-04 09:52:04 UTC
once you go blockade runner you will never go back.

that said orca can get upwards of 220k+ ehp and a 10sec align time with mwd/cloak

just dont fly with more than 100-200mill in an industrial depending on how you have her fit.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Bethan Le Troix
Krusual Investigation Agency
#15 - 2014-02-04 10:17:40 UTC
Not mocking you but all T1 Industrials are not suitable for hauling other than emptying PI from customs offices or POCOs and then only on short trips. The other use for T1 Industrials is distribution missions. Admittedly the Mammoth is one of my favourite hulls in the whole range of ships available but there is genuinely no other use for them. Sad

For hauling you should be using a Prowler, Orca, or a Fenrir. Other racial equivalents will do of course. Blink Take a look at killboards such as EVE Kill etc and you will see a multitude of T1 Industrials being destroyed daily. Many of these will have hundreds of millions or even billions of ISK worth of cargo inside them. It amazes me how stupid humans are sometimes until I remember they will always be like that. Even a tanked T1 Industrial can be taken down by a competent pilot in a Catalyst.
Vivian Marcos
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2014-02-04 18:31:30 UTC
Bertrand Butler wrote:
Since you are limited to T1 Minnie Industrials and work in HighSec, I really think that the wreathe platform is the best for your application.

[Wreathe, HSH]

Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Reactor Control Unit II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II

EM Ward Amplifier II
Thermic Dissipation Amplifier II
Kinetic Deflection Amplifier II
Large Shield Extender II
Experimental 10MN Microwarpdrive I

Improved Cloaking Device II
Core Probe Launcher II, Core Scanner Probe I

Medium Low Friction Nozzle Joints I
Medium Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer I

The above will give you 10330m3 with containers (8640 without) and 13.4k EHP omni. The resists are passive, so they will apply in a surprise alpha attack. Its 5.4AU/s warp speed helps a lot with trip turnaround times and will serve you well until you can afford a Blockade Runner. Cost is 15mil rigged and ready.

Remember to use docking/undocking bookmarks, limit the value of your cargo and always move with the MWD+cloak trick. If you are running high value-low volume items, a covops, intie or scout frigate is better.

This x100

I wouldnt have the core probe launcher as i wouldnt be doing any scanning, but until you train to a Prowler then this is your best bet. But you better train for a prowler :P!

Hey sky, get back to work! U 2 cips....

ashley Eoner
#17 - 2014-02-04 21:02:30 UTC  |  Edited by: ashley Eoner
Kosetzu wrote:
Oh then you're asking to be popped because gankers get bored and assume an unscannable ship is only running because there's something of value. So if you're flying one don't AP it even when empty :P
Suleiman al-Amarr
Doomheim
#18 - 2014-02-04 21:48:56 UTC
Just slap on a bunch of warp core stabilizers and you're good to go.

Forever faithful to the Imperial Academy.

Doomheim
#19 - 2014-02-05 01:46:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Gunther Ultrabolt Novacrunch
Well after much deliberation, research and time spent outfitting various ships I've decided to go with...

Red Frog Freight.
(and alternatively Push)

In hindsight it seems silly not to have chosen them all along.

No capital investment needed for hulls and modules.
No skills needed to train for said hulls and modules.
The cost of shipping the items is more than made up for in the time saved.
Hauling my own loot = sweaty palms
3rd party = 100% peace of mind

If anyone is reading this thread with similar ambitions of hauling your own loot to save isk/time and reservations (like I had) of using a 3rd party hauler, you owe it to youself to give them a try.

Thanks everyone.