These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Mission runners and Incursion runners, your Empire LP is about to get ruined in value

First post
Author
Garnoo
Eternity INC.
Goonswarm Federation
#61 - 2014-01-26 21:36:17 UTC
you have a bigger chance for tidi in hisec than in null... yes we got it but its when theres a fleet fights, and its not everyday...
its not like you spend 100% of your time on fleet fights :D

People are going to try to ruin your day. Get together with others, ruin their day back -  EvE

Loraine Gess
Confedeferate Union of Tax Legalists
#62 - 2014-01-27 14:47:16 UTC
dexington wrote:
Loraine Gess wrote:
dexington wrote:
Garnoo wrote:
mayby its the time to move to nullsec...

move to null, and experience tidi in all it's glory?, no thank you... i'll just keep running seo missions, the value of navy LP is not something that concerns me.

Confirming the point of eve is to fly more missions to earn more isk to fly more missions to... fly more missions.

Confirming this guy is right, there is only one way to play eve, and this is the right way.

Thank you random dude, you really understand what eve is all about, you saved us all from play eve the wrong way, ccp should given you some kind of reward.

There is no right way, but there are certainly wrong ways. Solo running L4s forever to watch your isk counter go up is one of them.
dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#63 - 2014-01-27 15:27:23 UTC  |  Edited by: dexington
Loraine Gess wrote:
dexington wrote:
Loraine Gess wrote:
dexington wrote:
Garnoo wrote:
mayby its the time to move to nullsec...

move to null, and experience tidi in all it's glory?, no thank you... i'll just keep running seo missions, the value of navy LP is not something that concerns me.

Confirming the point of eve is to fly more missions to earn more isk to fly more missions to... fly more missions.

Confirming this guy is right, there is only one way to play eve, and this is the right way.

Thank you random dude, you really understand what eve is all about, you saved us all from play eve the wrong way, ccp should given you some kind of reward.

There is no right way, but there are certainly wrong ways. Solo running L4s forever to watch your isk counter go up is one of them.

You really seem to understand the sandbox concept, what other wrong ways of playing eve have you discovered?

Could you be as kind as to compile a full list of wrong ways of playing eve, it would really help new players, maybe we should present it to the CSM and see if they can make the wrong ways of playing eve official bannable offences.

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#64 - 2014-01-27 15:29:59 UTC
dexington wrote:
Loraine Gess wrote:

You really seem to understand the sandbox concept, what other wrong ways of playing eve have you discovered?

Could you be as kind as to compile a full list of wrong ways of playing eve, it would really help new players, maybe we should present it to the CSM and see if they can make the wrong ways of playing eve official bannable offences.

they don't need to be banned because according to CCP they tend to quit or burnout anyway. So why pander to them?

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#65 - 2014-01-27 15:48:49 UTC
Batelle wrote:
dexington wrote:
Loraine Gess wrote:

they don't need to be banned because according to CCP they tend to quit or burnout anyway. So why pander to them?

And another perfect example of the arrogance and hubris of the typical null sec player.
Guess what, you are wrong, oh so very very wrong.
Khadrea Shakor
Brave Pos Boys
Brave Collective
#66 - 2014-01-29 16:29:58 UTC
Confirming I play EVE the wrong way, too.
Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#67 - 2014-01-29 17:57:13 UTC
Khadrea Shakor wrote:

confirming the confirmation. please confirm.

I should buy an Ishtar.

Gimme more Cynos
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#68 - 2014-01-29 19:43:41 UTC
Daniel Plain wrote:
Khadrea Shakor wrote:

confirming the confirmation. please confirm.

confirmed!
thetwilitehour
Caldari Provisions
#69 - 2014-01-31 08:27:13 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Batelle wrote:
dexington wrote:
Loraine Gess wrote:

And another perfect example of the arrogance and hubris of the typical null sec player.

It's pretty clear CCP only cares about people who are willing to get out of the kiddie pool. It's like you watched the south park episode about WoW, thought yeah killing 2 million boars for 2 exp each and 0 risk sounds awesome! Then you brought that mindset to eve.

High-sec is less a sandbox and more a kitty litter. Filled with turds. Guess who the turds are?

It's you. I realized if I let you guess you'd do it wrong, like you do Eve, wrong.
dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#70 - 2014-01-31 08:53:51 UTC
thetwilitehour wrote:
High-sec is less a sandbox and more a kitty litter. Filled with turds. Guess who the turds are?

And null is what?, running anons which is pretty much the same as level 4 missions, and doing soul crushing lag blobs. Keep saying hi-sec is **** and null is awesome, one day someone might believe you..

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

Marc Callan
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#71 - 2014-01-31 10:51:53 UTC
And here I thought the only criterion to whether you were playing EVE right or wrong was whether you were enjoying yourself.

That's the whole point of the sandbox, isn't it?

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegurt

Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#72 - 2014-01-31 14:34:12 UTC
Marc Callan wrote:
And here I thought the only criterion to whether you were playing EVE right or wrong was whether you were enjoying yourself.

Apparently to several in this thread, the answer to that question is no.
We are all doing it wrong, because we don't enjoy handing over a big chunk of our earnings to some leadership type dude who demands that we blow 12 hours on a workday to watch a computer screen tick over at less than 10% normal human time.
Gimme more Cynos
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#73 - 2014-01-31 15:12:54 UTC
Marc Callan wrote:

You got that wrong. The only viable playstyle is blobbing in 0.0 with sentry assists! You know, warp to the action, assign sentries to someone and go afk again...

Loraine Gess
Confedeferate Union of Tax Legalists
#74 - 2014-01-31 15:13:45 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Marc Callan wrote:

We are all doing it wrong, because we don't enjoy handing over a big chunk of our earnings to some leadership type dude who demands that we blow 12 hours on a workday to watch a computer screen tick over at less than 10% normal human time.

I see someone has never been to null
Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#75 - 2014-01-31 15:26:03 UTC
Loraine Gess wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Marc Callan wrote:

I see someone has never been to null

Gee, you might want to check my employment history and my personal history before shooting your mouth off and looking so stupid.
Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#76 - 2014-01-31 15:57:07 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Batelle wrote:
dexington wrote:
Loraine Gess wrote:

I've actually been in hisec for about 9 months. And playing solo, in fact. I was merely responding in a facetious manner to some sarcastic hyperbole. Even so, I'm not wrong. It is true that hisec solo players that are unconnected to other players tend to unsub at a higher rate. This is a fact, and not a value judgement about the validity or rightness of playing the game one way or another.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

unidenify
Deaf Armada
#77 - 2014-01-31 19:54:29 UTC
Batelle wrote:

I've actually been in hisec for about 9 months. And playing solo, in fact. I was merely responding in a facetious manner to some sarcastic hyperbole. Even so, I'm not wrong. It is true that hisec solo players that are unconnected to other players tend to unsub at a higher rate. This is a fact, and not a value judgement about the validity or rightness of playing the game one way or another.

Pretty sure it apply to any MMO

even though you can solo most stuff in WoW, it tend to get boring fast.

I always find myself hard to keep going for more than 1 hours on WOW leveling up my char alone, but when my friend log in and play with me. I can go until 6-7 hours
Actaeon Versaea
#78 - 2014-01-31 21:30:03 UTC
So Err.... What about all the minor NPC factions, like Khanid Royal Navy, that have no null terrtory assigned to them... this should only affect the following some things
Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#79 - 2014-01-31 21:52:56 UTC
Actaeon Versaea wrote:
So Err.... What about all the minor NPC factions, like Khanid Royal Navy, that have no null terrtory assigned to them... this should only affect the following some things

Empire factions do not have territory in nullsec.

LP payout is based on the type of ESS dropped. Not where the space is.

That said, Khanid does not have an ESS.

Never forget.

Desudes
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#80 - 2014-02-01 12:07:49 UTC
Enjoy crashing that 950 isk/lp market while multiple other corps offer 2k+ I guess ?

Excuse me, but what the f*ck are you desu?