These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Rubicon 1.3] Hull Repair Drones

First post First post
Author
Dreeken
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#81 - 2014-01-31 04:20:19 UTC
CCP Fozzie
wrote:
7o everyone.

-Fozzie

7o
Shaitan Souleater
Brave Industries
Brave Collective
#82 - 2014-01-31 04:37:43 UTC
Altrue wrote:
Nice!
What will the faction of these drones be?

Can we make these ORE faction? Maybe give the Noctis and the Orca bonuses for them?
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#83 - 2014-01-31 06:37:43 UTC
Thank you! I knew there was another benefit to training Remote Hull Repair to V...

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Malphas Inanis
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#84 - 2014-01-31 06:59:07 UTC
7o thx for the new drones!

This is one of the hardest lessons for humans to learn. We cannot admit that things might be neither good nor evil, neither cruel nor kind, but simply callous – indifferent to all suffering, lacking all purpose.

Lidia Caderu
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#85 - 2014-01-31 07:41:32 UTC
Can you add possability for drones to rep their owner. For example as a command in right-click menu etc.
Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#86 - 2014-01-31 07:49:41 UTC
Aurora Fatalis wrote:
Kaeden Dourhand wrote:
Well, how is there any negative feedback to give about this? +1.

How DARE you add content instead of... of... I dunno, we'll need to get an expert like Dinsdale on the case.

Incursions. If there's any way these drones could lower the incursion isk to [insert random time unit here] by 2.5% it's Dinsdale. Lol

Stupidity should be a bannable offense.

Fighting back is more fun than not.

Sticky: AFK Cloaking Thread It's not pretty, but it's there.

Warde Guildencrantz
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#87 - 2014-01-31 08:17:27 UTC
what about fixing ecm drones Straight

TunDraGon ~ Low sec piracy since 2003 ~ Youtube ~ Join Us

Orion X04
Corus Aerospace
#88 - 2014-01-31 11:26:07 UTC
Will these drones have a shiny new model like the salvage drones?

Does this hint at a possible re-modelling of (Logistics) drones in general?

I would love to see drone manufacturers releasing a new generation of drone designs, maybe give them dynamic sound feedback (Only audible to the player who controls them) to register they are executing your commands?

Corus Conglomerate

"Building A Better Tomorrow, Today"

We are recruiting!

CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#89 - 2014-01-31 11:43:38 UTC
Orion X04 wrote:

Not at this time, no.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#90 - 2014-01-31 11:48:37 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Orion X04 wrote:

Not at this time, no.

any chance of allowing drones to rep their own ship?

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#91 - 2014-01-31 15:12:40 UTC
Harvey James wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Orion X04 wrote:

Not at this time, no.

any chance of allowing drones to rep their own ship?

they need to rewrite the drone code to do nifty stuff like that.

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Silivar Karkun
Doomheim
#92 - 2014-01-31 16:27:10 UTC
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:
Is there going to be ships with bonuses towards Hull tanking/Hull repair?

If not, think about it a little bit!

So, no future Hull tanking ships?

/sadface

at this point in the game i dont think we can get that, as i proposed in my own thread, it could be a non bonused option with its own different ways of management (active using midslots and buffer using lowslots). so basically would lock one of the two ways depending on the ship.

originally Gallente would have been the hull tanking race (gallente have the most structure HP in the game from all the 4 empires)....but it was scrapped for armor....

i support the implementation of hull tanking in the game, even if its a risky endeavor, you're gonna loose that ship anyways so why caring about it?

more info on the issue here https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=308944

another thing would be to add a new faction that focuses in hull only (jovians? rogue drone based ships maybe?, heck even reconstructed Talocan ships could do the job, there are many options)
TarPalantir I
Evolution
Northern Coalition.
#93 - 2014-01-31 16:48:06 UTC
Two indirect consequences of this change people may want to keep in mind.

1. It seem likely that it will be very rare that anyone will fit a remote hull rep module. Most people hate them, they have high CPU and PG requirements, very high cap usage, limited rep ability, and really limited range with no ship getting a bonus. POS module, FIghter Bomber, and Super Capital repping are the few reasons they are regularly fitted from what Tar-Palantir has seen (though fully accept there may be odd specialized cases where people make use of them, but seems to be pretty rare). Doubt many will cry over this aspect, but it does seem likely to relegate an existing module (remote hull reppers) to the dust bin. The Capital sized remote reps may continue to be used because of how much they rep, but even there a carrier with 10 Large drones out may be enough to get the job done.
Yes, Remote Hull reppers rep more, but with their CPU, PG, and cap requirements, they are nasty to fit and since no ship gets a bonus to their range, they are all very short range. Even if the drones rep less, they avoid all of those problems leaving all your module slots available for making more normal fitting choices.

2. POS reppers will no longer need to ever leave the POS shield edge when repping modules if they use Logi ships (which they generally do). Before you had to venture away from the shield edge to get within remote hull rep range of the incapped POS mod, making them at least a bit vulnerable to attack. WIth the drones, you'll never need to leave the edge of the shield and generally pretty easy to get back in. Will make it very difficult to harass POS mod repping. Have done a fair bit of POS repping, so this will certainly make it easier/safer, but not sure that is really a benefit to the game in general even if it is a benefit to the repper.

Not saying these are reasons to cancel hull rep drones. Personally think #2 is a negative impact, but perhaps not that big of a deal in the big picture of Eve behavior. Just hadn't seen them mentioned, so Tar-Palantir thought he would put them out there.
X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#94 - 2014-01-31 18:59:19 UTC
Altrue wrote:
Nice!
What will the faction of these drones be?
How can they not be Gallente? Hull tank ftw.
Kalu Alar
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#95 - 2014-01-31 21:46:18 UTC
Sounds right to me.

Can we a change to all repair drones to be able to repair your own ship if your ship it not currently targeted by NPCs or another player and you have no active targets yourself? Logically, they should be usable on your own ship, and allowing it when you are not fighting or in a fight would prevent it from being OP.
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#96 - 2014-02-01 05:38:10 UTC
The issue I see with these is the same issue I see with pretty much all non combat drones, specificaly large non combat drones.

They are too damn big!

The limited drone bay is 99% of the time better served carring backup combat drones rather than a flight of utility drones.
This becomes even worse on drone boats because if you start losing combat drones you lose out on DPS.

2(3) solutions come to mind.

1. Make utility drones 1/5 there current size (small 1m3, medium 2m3, large 5m3) but leave there required bandwidth alone.
2. Give ships a utility drone bay. This opens up options for ships that dont currently have drone bays.
(3) a combination of both 1 & 2

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

asteroidjas
Rothschild's Sewage and Septic Sucking Services
The Possum Lodge
#97 - 2014-02-01 16:11:10 UTC
Grarr Dexx wrote:
Talking about drones, when are lowsec residents going to be able to use drone assist again?

Well, as was stated many a time in the whole MTU bug fiasco...if you want to kill things with your drones, stop being a AFK and target everything manually.

Seriously, this argument works both ways.
Mike Voidstar
Voidstar Free Flight Foundation
#98 - 2014-02-01 17:45:30 UTC
Kalu Alar wrote:
Sounds right to me.

Can we a change to all repair drones to be able to repair your own ship if your ship it not currently targeted by NPCs or another player and you have no active targets yourself? Logically, they should be usable on your own ship, and allowing it when you are not fighting or in a fight would prevent it from being OP.

I never understood why people believe having logistic drones repair their own ship would be in anyway OP.

A fully skilled set of Heavy Armor or Sheild repair drones returnes 90hp/Sec.

A fully skilled Large Armor Rep II is 81hp/Sec, but can be overheated and isn't vulnerable to being shot.

By comparison, a fully skilled rack of Ogres II's on an unbonused Hull is something a bit over 310 DPS, with a full set of skilled Garde II coming in at about exactly 300dps. That can increase with DDA's, rigs and a Hull Bonus to over 800dps.

Most non-combat drones are the stacked equivalent of about one module of the type for a full flight of 5, while combat drones are worth much more. The idea that 90hp of repair is worth 300 or more dps is just silly, and not at all OP especially considering If you don't like it you can just shoot the repair drone.
Silivar Karkun
Doomheim
#99 - 2014-02-01 18:24:32 UTC
Unknown Contact1
Odins Auge
#100 - 2014-02-02 16:36:32 UTC
Jiiiiha!